What's new

Should PLAYER NATIONS be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hny

This has been a topic, not only in the current 4.0 Update forum post, but also in Discord, guild and game chats.

I haven‘t seen any other threads discussing this topic so far, so here we go.

There is no poll attached as I want people to actively discuss and share their opinions.

I guess if you ignore all the threads that were previously made about this exact topic, you know those ones that actually led to them getting nerfed, then you could say there's been no threads about the topic.

I'm curious, is this trapwhre/taylorswift speaking? Are you two still sharing game/discord/forum accounts?

I guess if you ignore all the threads that were previously made about this exact topic, you know those ones that actually led to them getting nerfed, then you could say there's been no threads about the topic.

I‘m just saying that I haven‘t seen any of those recently except as off-topic comments in other threads. ??‍♀️

Deleting pn will only cause them to have to change ways of getting certain things, and tbh if you’re talking about the current state of the server pn didn’t make it what it is. People are going to migrate where the good players are, and pirate is always a budget pn. :)

Last edited:
Deleting the player nation cant be considered an option. But the option to rebalance it are plenty. The reason why everyone hates player nation its because in this server, they are TOO MUCH oppressive, look at kraken ink changes, it was needed an Admin intervention to change a game mechanics that wasnt planned to be, it was good for everyone, but the action itself its bullshit. My opinion is to not remove pn, because whether you like it or not, they bring pvp content. My opinions its to rebalance them, and I have got 2 ideas: 1) Reduce the number of player in nation to have again a balance with the general population of the server: 2)Change the alliance mechanics, i would do like Half the price of cost, but only 48 hours, and insert a cooldown in between. But again, deleting PN cannot be considered.
Oh I forgot to say that this game is thought to be played in multiple-connected servers, the fact that we are running ONE single server its the reason why PN are that much oppressive.

Reactions: Hny
(...) and I have got 2 ideas: 1) Reduce the number of player in nation to have again a balance with the general population of the server: 2)Change the alliance mechanics, i would do like Half the price of cost, but only 48 hours, and insert a cooldown in between. But again, deleting PN cannot be considered.

Removing PNs is the "extreme" option and I agree, some nerfs would be better.
I like the ideas you suggested.

@EVERYONE LOGIN WE ARE ABOUT TO GET DELETED

a3ea06f9d90eced251f236dce3006da7.png

Such an announcement doesn't seem implausible ???

I'm of the notion that we need a radical change. I don't hate the guys in PN, they're playing the game the way they want to play and I'm friends with a few of them...but the complaint I see regularly is "we want PVP". It is a congregation of all the top PVP players and they're constantly attacking those trying to improve with the claim of wanting PVP, then complaining when the lower geared players leave after being 1-to-3-shot by them. This is not conducive of positive growth, it creates a cesspool of toxicity, because you get people who will troll just because they are on top and you will get those that are less-fortunate talking trash to them thinking it will change their opinions. If a player wants PVP, they should not be in a state to both oppress the competition they claim to want while simultaneously being rewarded for it. If they want PVP, they should be back in their home factions helping those trying to grow and get better to train up the next generation of fighters instead of the cycle of "quit when bored, recruit the next batch of strong people, quit when bored, repeat". It makes the OG East and West stop playing to punish the PN's, it makes the players in the PN's stop logging in, and it dwindles the player population as a result.

I personally think that the removal of PN's should happen with a compensation for those nations, and that those players should go back to their home factions or join Pirate if they want to work with players in the other faction. No alliance crap, and that way people can work alongside these guys and actually get better instead of getting destroyed as soon as they step foot outside the Nui. We want this server to stand out from Live, and we know how into-the-shitter Live went, so why try to follow in their footsteps?

I'm of the notion that we need a radical change. I don't hate the guys in PN, they're playing the game the way they want to play and I'm friends with a few of them...but the complaint I see regularly is "we want PVP". It is a congregation of all the top PVP players and they're constantly attacking those trying to improve with the claim of wanting PVP, then complaining when the lower geared players leave after being 1-to-3-shot by them. This is not conducive of positive growth, it creates a cesspool of toxicity, because you get people who will troll just because they are on top and you will get those that are less-fortunate talking trash to them thinking it will change their opinions. If a player wants PVP, they should not be in a state to both oppress the competition they claim to want while simultaneously being rewarded for it. If they want PVP, they should be back in their home factions helping those trying to grow and get better to train up the next generation of fighters instead of the cycle of "quit when bored, recruit the next batch of strong people, quit when bored, repeat". It makes the OG East and West stop playing to punish the PN's, it makes the players in the PN's stop logging in, and it dwindles the player population as a result.

I personally think that the removal of PN's should happen with a compensation for those nations, and that those players should go back to their home factions or join Pirate if they want to work with players in the other faction. No alliance crap, and that way people can work alongside these guys and actually get better instead of getting destroyed as soon as they step foot outside the Nui. We want this server to stand out from Live, and we know how into-the-shitter Live went, so why try to follow in their footsteps?
TLDR anyone?

I don't recall such change on NA live. However, when PNs were removed on Kr, all PNs members were transferred to Pirates.

On NA players could reroll east/west, That’s how guilds like Disaster went west and Omen went east. I don’t know much about it other than the process was pretty cancer, could probably find something on it on the live threads

Also please note: the only people pushing player nation removal are the west mega guild, a small loud minority

PNs should be removed so East and West don't get shit on as soon as they leave the Nui and players should be back in their home faction.

He read it. He's a contributor of the toxic behavior I was referencing.

TLDR anyone?
PN's should be removed and compensated for the removal in order to avoid going in the direction Live went in its downward spiral. If people want PVP, they shouldn't be rewarded for suppressing those making an attempt. Instead, they should be back home training these people up if they really want PVP. Go Pirate if you want to work with the other faction (or the reroll option, which yeah...I heard it was cancer to implement)

Also please note: the only people pushing player nation removal are the west mega guild, a small loud minority

The majority of the game's population doesn't frequent this forum enough to warrant a useful discussion on such a topic.

On NA players could reroll east/west, That’s how guilds like Disaster went west and Omen went east. I don’t know much about it other than the process was pretty cancer, could probably find something on it on the live threads
As I said, I don't recall something like this, so if you have some links, please forward to me. Would be interesting to read.

Reactions: Hny
Damn so you're telling me we need to make alt guilds on east and west to hold our castles then meet up as pirates, and do the exact same shit we currently do? Gotcha

On a serious note there's no way to realistically compensate a PN. There's no way you can just remove a guild and a whole community of people playing together because it doesn't seem fair from your perspective.
I don't hate the guys in PN, they're playing the game the way they want to play and I'm friends with a few of them...but the complaint I see regularly is "we want PVP". It is a congregation of all the top PVP players and they're constantly attacking those trying to improve with the claim of wanting PVP, then complaining when the lower geared players leave after being 1-to-3-shot by them.
You do understand that many player nation members don't even login anymore due to lack of PvP right? This is basically a free catch up mechanic for you guys. That's why we complain about PvP. I've seen a East/West players not even try to improve their gear. This is how you say
This is not conducive of positive growth, it creates a cesspool of toxicity,
You're correct, gear progression is the most important thing in Archeage. Gear progression is how you view positive growth of a server. Notice how the top gear score players we're still sitting where they were a few months ago for a long time before the server became more active. And notice that as the PvP has died, that gear progression for a lot of the players hasn't really increased all that much.
If a player wants PVP, they should not be in a state to both oppress the competition they claim to want while simultaneously being rewarded for it. If they want PVP, they should be back in their home factions helping those trying to grow and get better to train up the next generation of fighters instead of the cycle of "quit when bored, recruit the next batch of strong people, quit when bored, repeat". It makes the OG East and West stop playing to punish the PN's, it makes the players in the PN's stop logging in, and it dwindles the player population as a result.
On the other side of this if a player doesn't want to PvP, they shouldn't show up to a PvP event, and also they should be rewarded for winning PvP events. If you guys don't want to PvP that's fine. But I'm not sure what that has to do with us being able to stomp you, last I checked, you guys don't even show up to anything anymore. And when did it become my responsibility to help a faction grow? Until 4.5, Archeage is a guild based game. Factions are just a formality. There's no reason to work as a faction, bloodlusting alone makes this a cold hard fact of the game. Why would I work with you when I can just kill you instead? And aren't we helping East by allying with them? We literally help them at all times of the day to do events so that way they can get geared.

As I said above there is no way to get a fair compensation for deleting a player nation. And you shouldn't be able to say 'I don't think this is fair, please sparkle delete PN's'. Also if you really want this server to stand out from live than how does it make sense that they should delete the PN's? So as you said Why follow in their footsteps?

TL: DR
Flipsy is just mad and everything he said in his post is one sided and opinionated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back