What's new

Some help with a duo-players?

Which class should I play?

• Spellsinger (Sorcery , Shadowplay , Songcraft)

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Nightwitch (Witchcraft , Shadowplay , Songcraft)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I would recommend another one...

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skyger

Hey all, new player here!

Me and my friend are gonna play mostly together, so I made some theorycrafting in builds to determine which two classes can work out.

I read a lot in forums too, and mostly people said to pick a tank and a healer. But we are more towards rare builds that can fit near everything.

Here are build examples that I have in mind:

My friend: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/495587
Me: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/495919

I'm gonna be more of a support-like buffing and helping from distance (and doing some MAGIC damage too), while my friend is gonna pick a warrior.

Since we are a duo, i think it's good to have Vitalism and Songcraft right? You know, Vitalism can provide nice sustain and quick saver heals, and I can't just let pass those songs (buffs) from Songcraft.

So he is gonna play Argent (Battlerage, Vitalism, Auramancy), with most points in Battle so he can deal nice physical damage with crits and those. Vitalism is to heal himself mostly, to get some sustain, and Auramancy is cause of some sustain with buffs and mobility. With Plate armor and dual-weapons (I thought of Obsidian Shortspear for healing and another weapon).

The problem comes with my own build. I can't choose! All I know is I want Songcraft (but its not mandatory). If I pick Sorcery for damage and Shadowplay for mobility, I won't have mana sustain, or many cc.
If I pick Witchcraft and Shadowplay, yeah, I have more sustain and cc, but I lack damage and AoE skills.
If I drop Shadowplay for another, I won't have mobility (and not enought Skill points anyway).

What should I do?, pick Sorcery and drop Witchcraft? Maintain Witchcraft?
How is a Nightwitch doing in solo PVE? (yeah, I said mostly time with duo, but I would like to do solo stuff too)

Thanks for reading!

-Skyger

Last edited:
Pick Hierophant. Summon your fiends knell and a full buffed up dog. Heal your pets and CC your enemies your those beasts tear dankrunners apart.

Alright, so.

Spellsinger is a pretty popular class in the game; it's (I think?) the hardest single-hit mage class. There's a big issue, though - it eats up mana like a mofo. It's unavoidable beyond a certain point with songcraft. Your songs are considered "performance" skills, and can last for quite a bit, so long as you don't use non-performance skills. Once you use another non-performance skill, like... anything in any other skill tree, you have a brief amount of time with the buff up before you have to re-buff yourself, and swapping between buffing and casting eats mana like a mofo.

Your friend is going Argent, which is a great solo class because it has heals, mobility, and decent attack. 100% understand the desire to be a buff bot, I did the same when I was leveling with my friend, but the mana consumption can be very difficult to manage at lower levels and when you're grinding. I'd stick with something that can do a lot of dps to take the heat off your friend - Tonk's suggestion of something with witchcraft is solid, and Sorc hits like a truck.

The best thing about this game, though, is that you can swap out classes easily, especially once you get all of them leveled. Do what you want and don't be afraid to change it up to suit your preference and playstyle. :D

Thank you all for the answers, but as i said, it is quite hard to decide!
Hierophant could be an interesting build, the problem is you cant combine magic damage with heal power properly (i think i should swap weapons and thats not economic) but you can have physical and healing power together, thats why my friend is argent (he could be an archer too but just dont combine as well as a tank-warrior).
Well, i know we can just play arround testing builds, and thats amazing about this game, its clearly my nemesis because i love searching for the best class in games, but here in this game is something impossible.

I will keep testing! Thanks again!!

@Skyger You can try Necromancer or NightCloak or Demonologist.. you solo AOE monster with a nice mana sustained.. if you are with your friend w/c is an Argent he/she can heal you while you take the mobs on your own.. i did manage to Solo AOE using NightCloak w/out using Potion coz Enervate + Earthen Grip is enough for me to recover HP 8th Witchcraft Passive gives me decent mana + hey.. i used meditate too! i often use play dead

Back