What's new

@Sparkle - Please help explain what happened.

Aumdaydar

Dear ArcheRage Team,

During our time together, we've had some pretty fun times. From the moment my wife and I joined the server it's been a roller coaster of excitement and emotions. Even before 3.0 launched i felt you guys, while having some bit of misinformation given, gave out a lot of helpful information and as a player it seemed that for the most you guys understood and grasped our concerns on a legit level. However, it's not till after the launch of 3.0 that we are able to clearly assess the damages of this patch and what it's doing to the server as a whole.

Current Issues people are having (and it's only a few things, surprisingly)
1.) Trade system: It is my belief that the trade system is the heart and soul of this game, correct me if i'm wrong. Most people would assume trade run stance anytime they needed extra money. This helps the farmer's, helps the homebodies and also helps the server thrive as a whole. When you make the best packs in the game available for a material as valuable as Gilda Stars it defeats the purpose for running those packs and no one is going to do it. People do not run packs for Gilda Stars or do quests for Gilda Stars so they can turn around and run more packs for money or materials. They would rather sell the gilda stars and buy what ever they needed. It just makes sense to change these gilda star packs to something else or maybe make a duplicate gilda star pack with increased materials to compensate for taking out the gilda star.

2.) Queens Purses: Can we all agree that this is a serious problem, contrary to popular belief, people do not farm princes purses, dean's purses, scholar's purses or libraian's purses. These purses are all afterthoughts, things gotten while farming for other materials or just opened because they were taking up space in a bag. Every single larceny expert, i am not one, says they grind out thousands of Queens purses a day, why take that away from them? I feel like you guys (the devs) knew exactly what people meant by asking you all the questions about the purse changes, i feel like you all knew Queen's purses would be affected to the level they are (as official 3.0), and that is why the list of purses not affected were only given after 3.0 followed promptly with "this will not change". So i would like to take this time to ask, why won't the Queens Purses change? No one said please keep the library purses the same, they asked for all 2.9 purses to be left alone because of the damages 3.0 had on the purses. And we were all lead to believe that all the 2.9 purses would be left alone, until 3.0 happened and you dropped the bomb on the larceny guys.

3.) No Drop Loyalty: While i can speak from experience on this topic, it sure was nice to have that extra 1k coming in for just saving loyalty with selling Sunpoints. No, this doesn't break the game. What it does do however is hinder the ability to regrade. A lot of people buy the sunpoints from the loyalty shop to sell for 1k gold a month, as supplement. While this doesn't seem like a whole lot of money, look at the sunpoint prices right now, they're over 5k and the ONLY way to get them is via lootcrates on the marketplace, i am talking about the tradeable ones. I can only assume the answer to doing this would be for "combating bots". If that is the case, how long are we going to hide behind this response? The bots didn't change the loyalty to no drop, you guys did or maybe trions team did and you guys just forgot to change it back or forgot about it in general. Regardless, you guys say bots are a problem, as a loyal player i am inclined to say that i agree but instead of making changing the game to combat bots, let's spend those efforts towards increasing the bot detection. It feels like we are being sentenced to a slow death because of bots we can't control and the only answer you guys can come up with is to change the way the entire games plays. I feel like that is a huge leap backwards.

I am not posting this to demoralize or degrade what has been done so far for the server. I am, however, reaching out to open a dialogue between the players and the devs to try to solve a problem collectively that a lot of us are being faced with.

Thank you.

4. Proficiency issues- When 3.0 hit on Live, players had been playing for years, having had many, many months to build up their crafting proficiency. While this server has 4x labor, it does not have a higher labor cap, making much of that extra labor useless. The server has only been around for a few months, and as a private server players become aware of it mostly through word-of-mouth. In other words, there hasn't been nearly enough time for many players to achieve the desired proficiency for the changes. Additionally, this is a change that makes it difficult for players new to the server to 'catch up.'

5. Skill/ balance changes- Many undesirable/unpopular changes were put into effect without thought for game balance. While this is a more minor issue, and one more challenging to tweak, it seems as though little to no effort was made here. Class/skillset balance has always been a problem in AA, but it seems with the scope of time that has passed since the original 3.0 patch, some forethought could have been put into balance and skill changes.

Last edited:
Skill/ balance changes will not be changed in the short period as any changes in this field need proper attention and accuracy. There are other questions that need to be taken care of.

Loyalty tokens changes will be announced later today. As soon as changes implemented, items will become unbound again.

The other questions mentioned in this thread are under consideration.

Skill/ balance changes will not be changed in the short period as any changes in this field need proper attention and accuracy. There are other questions that need to be taken care of.

Loyalty tokens changes will be announced later today. As soon as changes implemented, items will become unbound again.

The other questions mentioned in this thread are under consideration.

Thank you. In regards to the Skill / Balance changes - Would it be beneficial if you guys made a seperate server, a test server. Where you guys can make changes and get feedback from the playerbase? I am almost 100% sure, if you guys did that we would all be on board with helping narrow down and perfecting the skill / balance changes.

Can you change this to say problems you are having? You do not speak for everyone obviously based off the responses you have received thus far.

+1 for queens purses look how empty nuimaria is now . It used to feel alive now it feels like the server is empty . No bots were farming queens purses because of constant pvp. They are all in Exeloch

Can you change this to say problems you are having? You do not speak for everyone obviously based off the responses you have received thus far.
Yeah I'm sure it is only the OP... Nevermind the numerous other threads stating identical opinions, nevermind several likes on the post, nevermind that people say the same things in faction chat- nope, just the OP. Please go troll elsewhere.

Back to the Trade Runs and packs. We'll have Gilda Starts removed from the packs craft requirements. Instead of them will be added some other resources, needed for craft. We'll change required resources only for the types of packs that needed Gilda.

This change will need some time from us and due to it will not be implemented with tomorrow's restart, but will start working with the one after. Details on the changes will be provided shortly, as soon as available.

Yeah I'm sure it is only the OP... Nevermind the numerous other threads stating identical opinions, nevermind several likes on the post, nevermind that people say the same things in faction chat- nope, just the OP. Please go troll elsewhere.
This guy has been commenting all over the place about silly things. There are real problems and the devs have said plenty about it. Instead people like this guy ride the "server sucks" train instead of being productive. As I said in another post. Instead of moping around all over the forums an discord just play the game or make your own server. This server is 10x better then Trion and constant complaining from people is annoying.

This guy has been commenting all over the place about silly things. There are real problems and the devs have said plenty about it. Instead people like this guy ride the "server sucks" train instead of being productive. As I said in another post. Instead of moping around all over the forums an discord just play the game or make your own server. This server is 10x better then Trion and constant complaining from people is annoying.

If you really have that much of a problem with me, feel free to pm me and keep it off a "productive" forum thread that's creating changes for everyone on the server. What i've done here is condensed all the bs on the forums / faction chat on both sides East and West into a common thread that can be addressed by sparkle instead of going to every other post and saying the same thing.

If my passion for this server really offends you feel free to not say anything at all and ignore me as most tend to do, or if you really hate me that much you can pm me and i'd look forward to reading all about it. This thread isn't the place for it though, sorry.

Back to the Trade Runs and packs. We'll have Gilda Starts removed from the packs craft requirements. Instead of them will be added some other resources, needed for craft. We'll change required resources only for the types of packs that needed Gilda.

This change will need some time from us and due to it will not be implemented with tomorrow's restart, but will start working with the one after. Details on the changes will be provided shortly, as soon as available.

Thank you for the update, i spread the word on west and east for those that don't check the forums often.

Message sparkle if you have a problem. This forum is cluttered to hell with your complaining on every single thing they do. I hate seeing such negativity and I don't feel its being productive. This long winded post with little to no responses did not make a change and if I were a mod I would of closed it a long time ago due to its pointlessness.

7 likes on a post it not the whole server. Like I have mentioned numerous times. 10-20 people here want instant gratification on everything and the admins are doing a hell of a job while you crybabies sit around complaining.

While I agree with you about all these posts and most are unreasonable there is some constructive posts that hold real issues with what they are releasing. For example I believe that any system they intend to implement shouldn’t punish the players when it comes to trying to deal with the botters. This pisses off the population which drives away the community. = less money for server. If no server pop, game dies. While they could just take the influx of money they are getting and and pay someone to patrol the servers to ban these botters. For example every time I go though Exeloch I see 2-3 Botters and I’m not even looking

Message sparkle if you have a problem. This forum is cluttered to hell with your complaining on every single thing they do. I hate seeing such negativity and I don't feel its being productive. This long winded post with little to no responses did not make a change and if I were a mod I would of closed it a long time ago due to its pointlessness.

Thank you for your input - it's well noted. =)

If you were so passionate about this server every post you make would not be arguing about another "bad" choice they made. You are passionate about what you believe in not the server and you are allowed to do that. You do not speak for everyone so do not claim you do is all im trying to say.

If you were so passionate about this server every post you make would not be arguing about another "bad" choice they made. You are passionate about what you believe in not the server and you are allowed to do that. You do not speak for everyone so do not claim you do is all im trying to say.

Thank you for your input - it's well noted. =)

4. Proficiency issues ~snip~

Being a fairly new player with most profs way under 50k... I can't do half as much shit now, or in the same time.

For even newer players the 180k gap, to getting relevant crafted items in cooking (ex: Hearty Soup), isn't exactly an attractive sight.

:/

Back