What's new

Tank/tanky build

antox1234

Hey, im looking for a good tank build for pvp/pve thats good enough to start with in this server, any suggestions?

Stone Arrow if you like archery
Abolisher if you like Melee

Try a witchcraft/occultism build if you want to level fast to 55.

Abolisher is useless in 3v3 arena, just FYI. Go with something like defiler or cabalist. Best tank classes hands down

Tanky can both relate to the amount of sheer defenses against physical and magical attacks, pvp gems and crowd control skills.

Any combination of these can be utilised. Cloth gear with physical shield complemented, or plate shield with magical shield.
Paired up with Witchcraft or Occultism, and Auramancy for mobility, and gemmed for resilience and toughness can produce great results.

That means there is no single strongest tank, it fully depends on the amount of damage you are prepared to turn into defences.

Tanky can both relate to the amount of sheer defenses against physical and magical attacks, pvp gems and crowd control skills.

Any combination of these can be utilised. Cloth gear with physical shield complemented, or plate shield with magical shield.
Paired up with Witchcraft or Occultism, and Auramancy for mobility, and gemmed for resilience and toughness can produce great results.

That means there is no single strongest tank, it fully depends on the amount of damage you are prepared to turn into defences.

Take an abolisher vs anything equally geared and I promise you the abolisher will be overall more tanky.

Even with plate they have abilities from all 3 trees to reduce magic dmg.

Skullknight and defiler are a lot of fun, and AOE grind/level easymode. Just roll scepter/shield and g2g :3

Abolisher is a terrible class for someone just starting out. Its a whale build. You need to be higher GS than everyone you fight or you do no damage and have 0 impact besides dieing a little slower with your cooldowns up. A tanky mage is infinitely more useful at lower gearscores and pretty much better at every stage of the game. Abolisher is the class you go when you spend 1000+ USD within one month of a servers start to start dunking on 2k gs people with no toughness gems with your epic one hander and full divine armor.

Oh its also pretty good at pve, but pve is so easy who cares.

Being a tank on this server will be extremely rough but rewarding. You need to get a celestial armor buff, a celestial t4/delphinad/t5 shield and a Celestial Delphinad/Divine t5 or better weapon to reach current minimal gear to be reasonably tanky. A tank mage is still very useful in groups before this due to cc but don't expect to hurt anyone or tank anybody before this. A darkrunner can run around with 0 gems butt naked at 3k gearscore with a ayanad plus two hander and mulch you until your that set up. You need about 2000 toughness and 1200 resilience asap, which requires atleast 4 pants slots and 4 chest slots (Unique+) and the lunafrost on your chest and feet. Go for epherium jewelry and spend all your medals leveling a warrior neck. Get a guild cloak with block and parry and use your prestige to get non break Block gems for your shield and evasion or parry for your gloves. Being a tank in this game is a huge minimum stat check. A dps mage or darkrunner can just wear garbage gear and spend there first 30k+ gold on a badass weapon. You need to hit a million minimums in defensiveness and have enough offense to kill them in a reasonable amount of time. The good news is they will be shit in raids and you will be amazing because you'll actually survive the revenant/skullknight ball.

Hello Palladin Here. Leather armor 2 shields for swap depends what u need ofc obsidian shortspear cuz of healing on it and penetration passive. With my build i can spam holly bolt or go full cc on someone with battlerage also new abysal skill "Defy Death" allow me to pick up my teammates as long as i am alive =^.^= pure fun.

Back