What's new

This FOV mod installation issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiloh

@Epic @Liar @Kain @Nexxenvy @Krowley @IronLady @Sparkle @Ulfnaor
Okay, so we don't get anymore threads shutdown for being off topic. Lets discuss this very REAL issue that people are having.

SO!

I teamviewered my friend and guildie, Lilpurp's, not only game installation since he's kinda slow, but also his FOV mod because he can't follow directions over discord. All roast aside, I can confirm the only thing in his files were Saphmod, the gam_pak, and any other essential fiiles. Myself, Liar, and Baehealz-- also guildies, were having this issue where if we tried to install the mod in program files>>archerage folder it would not work. NO versions of the FOV mod worked this way. So what we had to do was make two files on the desktop, one file was to preserve the original gam_pak in the event something went wrong, and the other was used to install it outside of the program files because we deducted it was a permissions issue.

Well one little piggy wasn't so fortunate. This little piggy was named Lilpurp. Now Lilpurp is very... special... but the Trash Gang loves him anyway-- One day Lilpurp called upon the trashiest: Lilbish to team vierwer his FOV mod just the same as Lilbish team viewered his game install because clicking buttons is hard.

Needless to say, we did get the FOV mod working on Lilpurp's toasted eventually.

One foggy morning, the star's aligned and cast a curse upon Lilpurp's toaster. For some reason his shortcut had been moved?? After shutting down his computer and turning it back on that next morning... his short cut just quit working. Turns out it was the evil notorious firewall troll Norton antivirus that was messing with his archerage file. So we deleted it.

REJOICE! Lilpurp could play Archerage once more. BUT the effects of the curse had not worn off. He was getting a pop up message that said something along the lines of "Your client is damaged or you've attempted to use cheats" Now.. we only thought it to be a myth... but apparently if you attempt to log in multiple times (the rumor is 3 but I think purp tried like 5000000 times tbh) you get banned.

Lilbish and Lilpurp thought they were clever so they had an idea, "Hey! lets look up a guide!"

They stared into the screen of truth

"Oh google great google, what doth thou want as a sacrifice to lift this curse on Purp's toaster?"

"kys kid, delete the shaders file" - it replied.

"Do it" - said lilbish

The great google lied, and the problem still persisted.... begrudgingly to Lilbish and Lilpurp... Lilpurp was sent to purgatory (fucking banned).

Lilbish and Lilpurp so naively thought, "Just send an appeal the gods will understand and see that Lilpurp is just special and deleted the shaders file-- something the launcher should reinstall especially after hitting the repair button 13.4 billion times"

Lilbish and Lilpurp we so deeply wrong. And thus betrayed by the gods. Lilpurp was cast into hell... never to be seen again.

The end.

tl;dr Your anti cheat is detecting morons who can't install the FOV mod correctly OR norton OR teamviewer. We're not trying to scam you out of whatever the hell you think we're trying to scam you out of. We're bringing to your attention a REAL problem that is banning people who really aren't doing anything. You won't have a conversation with us that isn't riddled with pride. So please, Lilpurp, Lilbish, Liar, and maybe even a 3rd party observer, Epic, are more than happy to sit down with you @IronLady @Sparkle and resolve this. You can ban my account if lilpurp was cheating all along. But I assure you, he is not and I would like to see this problem resolved.

Signed by the trashiest,

Lilbish x <3

And dont get mad at him for calling me slow and all that, thats the kind of freindship we have, so dont read and be like well thats mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back