What's new

This Server and Community are Confused.

Lindzay

This server reminds me of the times just before Fiesta Onlines server files leaked fully, and 100s of other servers started sprouting up to compete.
But theres a problem here, and I've been watching this community since alpha(archeage as a whole that is). And I'm trying to understand....wtf is going on with the logic here. Some of the logic makes perfect sense if you've ever played a private server, people expect certain things from a private server, as in they don't expect a fucking private server to mimic Live servers. Because the logic is, wtf is the point of playing this shit when its just a live server mimic. Like...if you play WoW private servers with.....<----BASIC RATES?!?!?!? No custom skills? No custom maps? No custom anything its literally just WoW but none of the official scripts attached to events work because all of those files are rolling live.

But in all my years of playing private servers, editing shit, leaking shit, evading dmca....The spirit of private servers has always been... more or less the same, (unless you're some WoW weirdo playing a standard rates server, and literally reading every quest dialogue, the type of mother fucker to eat vienna sausages)

What I'm trying to understand is, if so many of you want things on the pserver to be like the live server.... why not just play live? I see people always talk about pay 2 win, or imbalanced classes, or muh land, I can't play cause no land. People saying don't add XYZ because "reasons". People arguing for alt use. People comparing credits to apex. The list goes on.

I usually post up some good ideas for pserver development by this point but I'm trying to understand some of the half brained logic around here.
What is it exactly you people want? And when you go to a pserver, what is it exactly that you expect?

I never expected free patron and these labor rates.
Its like everything i ever wanted Archeage to be, and more ,becouse now it is populated and alive as high it will ever be.

Amasing times for mmo gaming.
This server is causing as much as publicity as is the new wow one and that tells you the scale of how good this is.

Its like everything i ever wanted Archeage to be, and more ,becouse now it is populated and alive as high it will ever be.

This server is causing as much as publicity as is the new wow one and that tells you the scale of how good this is.

I agree, just the free patron and extra labor regeneration alone blow the official ArcheAge servers out of the water. How could anybody go back to playing the official servers after experiencing the sheer joy of ArcheRage?

Well, first, this is a different patch than live. Some may have preferred this patch over the current live patch.

Secondly, this server has only one "channel" persay. The whole population is on one server and all the content goes down in this one server, making it extremely competitive.

And lastly, as aforementioned, the increased rates are god-like.

Ok but, more specifically, what is it you want. In the long haul.

Do you want something that is a clone of official.
Or do you want something that resembles most of the private servers of all these other mmos out. Where the players basically cut and dig away at the annoyances that the original developers put into play?

For instance, WoW raid gear, you go through the raid, make take you 2 years to get 1 piece of something you need after fighting 20 other people for it. Private server comes out, you can buy that piece from an npc for custom tokens instead.

Which direction do you want to see the game go, more custom, or vanilla?

There are already threads asking that 3.0 and 3.5 updates be changed to reflect player wishes. Also some of the other stuff that's been mentioned here already. So I'd say more custom when it comes to server direction. Who knows, maybe after 3.0 this server will go in a completely different direction than the retail so we might not even see 3.5.

Ok but, more specifically, what is it you want. In the long haul.

Do you want something that is a clone of official.
Or do you want something that resembles most of the private servers of all these other mmos out. Where the players basically cut and dig away at the annoyances that the original developers put into play?

For instance, WoW raid gear, you go through the raid, make take you 2 years to get 1 piece of something you need after fighting 20 other people for it. Private server comes out, you can buy that piece from an npc for custom tokens instead.

Which direction do you want to see the game go, more custom, or vanilla?

For now it is a good direction ,taking high exp and labor rates, to speed up entire process of leveling and gearing, is something im up for.
Others may judge it by saying what will you do "After" you get geared and have everything you need?
I think even with everything given to us, it will take just enough time, not to be as grindy/p2w as Trino, and not to make players lose archivement feelings.

For the future of this ,i think open minded events and better player rewards are in order to increase the sheer fun and cut part of the grind out.
Its all about pvp, fun, housing and world events, given time, land will be more and more available on its own(castles/3.0) and world events could rotate once every few months to spice up different proficiencies.

Well, first, this is a different patch than live. Some may have preferred this patch over the current live patch.

Secondly, this server has only one "channel" persay. The whole population is on one server and all the content goes down in this one server, making it extremely competitive.

And lastly, as aforementioned, the increased rates are god-like.
Are you sure your playing on the private server? What competition are you speaking of?

How could anybody go back to playing the official servers after experiencing the sheer joy of ArcheRage?

I went back to live becaus of server performance and because of rampant, unchecked cheating. The weird eighth of second of lag and jitteryness for every action was too much for me. I also have the most fun with my live guild. I like the idea of this server, and I do despise trino, but I've also been successful enough on live that I'll never have to grind for apex or anything else really for as long as I'll play. Two of my friends that got me started playing in 2014 came to AR and have moved back to live as well. Except for a couple issues, 3.5 combat is better too.

For many, many players (those that enjoy big rvr content, farmers & traders, rprs, basically anyone who doesn't have hundreds of thousands of gold/assets), AR is certainly the more attractive option.

I went back to live becaus of server performance and because of rampant, unchecked cheating. The weird eighth of second of lag and jitteryness for every action was too much for me. I also have the most fun with my live guild. I like the idea of this server, and I do despise trino, but I've also been successful enough on live that I'll never have to grind for apex or anything else really for as long as I'll play. Two of my friends that got me started playing in 2014 came to AR and have moved back to live as well. Except for a couple issues, 3.5 combat is better too.

For many, many players (those that enjoy big rvr content, farmers & traders, rprs, basically anyone who doesn't have hundreds of thousands of gold/assets), AR is certainly the more attractive option.

I would say dead server ,but some people do not care about others, only about their friends.
If you can mimic labor and patron we have here, than it is quite similar, but i am quite convinced that despite all the problems from launch, ArcheRage had much better launch than Trions AA, and potentially they will surpass it in all other aspects given the time.

Have fun !

I think you're mad confused and ignoring one obvious fact here. That fact is, just as much as hating the patron and P2W costs, people hated the fact that there was TOO MANY NON-MERGED servers and BEGGED for it and never got it until this private server..

This killed the live servers and killed pvp and created dead farm servers. Period. This server has a higher pop than most trion servers combined as well.

the thing that may put some folk off is the hacking, not sure if they can ever gid rid of it tbh. these ppl take land and kill and generally are the scum of the game, not their faults though, they liek to exploit the game.

Normal player like myself that just wanted trion or xl to make a server that had fair patron, less p2w, same labor all around, fairness in land and ah access. The main problems here are hackers, this donation p2w, scammers etc it all makes this server seem on the surface better than trion, but in the end is it, what do the devs plan next?

I do understand they need money to fund it, but why not add a sub and f2p model thats fair, make other mmo's look at this and say thats how it should be done? The devs here have a chance to show retail how it should be done. pls don't fk it up like other private servers do.

the thing that may put some folk off is the hacking, not sure if they can ever gid rid of it tbh. these ppl take land and kill and generally are the scum of the game, not their faults though, they liek to exploit the game.

Normal player like myself that just wanted trion or xl to make a server that had fair patron, less p2w, same labor all around, fairness in land and ah access. The main problems here are hackers, this donation p2w, scammers etc it all makes this server seem on the surface better than trion, but in the end is it, what do the devs plan next?

I do understand they need money to fund it, but why not add a sub and f2p model thats fair, make other mmo's look at this and say thats how it should be done? The devs here have a chance to show retail how it should be done. pls don't fk it up like other private servers do.

I can confirm that the land demolition grabbers on west, ones who dont scam you, are not using hacks to take advantage ,since sometimes depending on their ping they lose plots. Several of the land grabbers are just playing the market and their craft is land as is ours lets say fishing or commerce. They invest their time, taxes and resources to capture and sell properties to specific buyers or the public.

There have also been multiple checks on several land grabbers again, on the west, and nothing out of the ordinary was found, with them living close to the servers allowing them unhuman ping and reaction time.

The issue here is that there might be random ,new players using macro or hacks or both ,who might try to capture much of the Auroran land and sell it for $ or gold. I am really hoping for just pvp related housing, and that everything goes smooth on the other end.

I think you're mad confused and ignoring one obvious fact here. That fact is, just as much as hating the patron and P2W costs, people hated the fact that there was TOO MANY NON-MERGED servers and BEGGED for it and never got it until this private server..

I'm not ignoring anything, MY POINT IS.... what the hell is the point of coming here if you want everything to mimic the official servers....

My guess is that those people don't want a live experience, they want a better than live experience.
They probably feel that Live had a good enough progression system in place where they might think that this private server makes it too easy.
In that case, making the game Live-like and improving on what Trion didn't or couldn't do would be best case scenario.

Or maybe that's not the case at all and I'm just talking out of my ass. /Shrug.

Back