What's new

Tommorow's Auroria release time

Avagantamos

I have looked everywhere but either I am missing something or there is absolutely no info.

Is it happening 12:01 am EST tonight? 6pm EST tomorrow? other?

Seen a small handful of people speculating but I feel the whole forum would be asking this question if there wasn't an answer readily available that I'm blind to.

@Sparkle @IronLady

Two things.

1)It is a NA server.

2)Even then, at 1800 EST, it's like 2300 to 0100 for most of Europe. Let's be frank, that's not "too late".

It's hardly an NA server, thats just the label it holds. The calendar uses EU time and the population is higher at EU primetime (you only have to look at raid populations at server events to see it).

Throwing out a stupid server label as "definitive" is idiotic, this server is global and people of the globe should be catered for.
Or .. Should we get rid of the EU players ? Enjoy the dead server. What a tool.

There is a reason the server is in Canada, that's because most 1st world European nations get a direct ISP link to it. It's the same reason people from UK get between 50-80ms to it. But yeah MERICA !!!

Without EU players, this server would have flopped, get your head out from your arse.

Last edited:
It's hardly an NA server, thats just the label it holds. The calendar uses EU time and the population is higher at EU primetime (you only have to look at raid populations at server events to see it).

Throwing out a stupid server label as "definitive" is idiotic, this server is global and people of the globe should be catered for.
Or .. Should we get rid of the EU players ? Enjoy the dead server. What a tool.

There is a reason the server is in Canada, that's because most 1st world European nations get a direct ISP link to it. It's the same reason people from UK get between 50-80ms to it. But yeah MERICA !!!

Without EU players, this server would have flopped, get your head out from your arse.

The website literally has "na" in the address

It also has a .to (Which is a SEA address), which is not NA. NA uses .com and EU uses .co.uk.
Actually .com are used for commercial websites that tend to gain a profit off of something they are selling. .org are non-profit organization websites. However, since any entity can register domain names with these suffixes, the domain suffix does not always represent the type of website that uses the domain name. So this is a hit or miss subject entirely.

While I agree that times should be best suited for everyone, moving times to 4pm server time would royally screw every north american that has an 8-5 job as everything would happen while they are at work. Even at 6pm most people on the West Coast are still at work for another 2 hours and won't be able to participate so that's pushing it. But 6pm is a standard because many are off work from normal first shift jobs.

Either way EU people will be off work unless you have a third shift job. So whether it is 4pm or 6pm, EU people will just be waiting a bit longer but won't necessarily miss it because they are working at that time.

@cubansyrus

Where the company's domains are registered does not matter. What matters is where the server is. In this case, it's NA.

This is a NA server and the events are adjusted to proper NA times. We've already had this conversation several times. If we were EU heavy, polls regarding event timers wouldn't have been overwhelmingly in favour of NA times, let's be real.

Last edited:
Oh yes let's move it to 4PM and screw all the SEA/OCE players. Even though 6PM is pretty early for a lot of SEA/OCE (9AM AUS, 7AM PH), its still doable, 4PM isn't. So far it suits NA and a lot of SEA/OCE mostly, let's leave it at 6PM :D

@cubansyrus

Where the company's domains are registered does not matter. What matters is where the server is. In this case, it's NA.

This is a NA server and the events are adjusted to proper NA times. We've already had this conversation several times. If we were EU heavy, polls regarding event timers wouldn't have been overwhelmingly in favour of NA times, let's be real.

Yet Canada is it's own nation. It may be on the northern limits of the USA, but it is not actually the USA.

There is a reason they picked Canada and it not because it's close to America. It's because most of the world has a direct connection to it and because its on sovereign land which means no one can touch it. So because it's on sovereign land, it's technically a british server, with an NA title.

let's be honest here, this server was never made for the NA populace, it was made as a global server. As for polls .. Source ? Because the last polls i have seen have been 50/50.

Back