What's new

Up mana cost of Holy bolt by a lot

vulgrr

@Sparkle

The AR team needs to up the cost of holy bolt by about 20 fold to create balance. It makes zero sense that mana stars wastes more mana than holy bolt. Arena is completely broken because of it. All templars do is sit there and cast holy bolt and win. Fix this

When the top arena player spot get taken by a healer, you can PM me and i'll go to Canada myself to make the change happen!

@Sparkle

The AR team needs to up the cost of holy bolt by about 20 fold to create balance. It makes zero sense that mana stars wastes more mana than holy bolt. Arena is completely broken because of it. All templars do is sit there and cast holy bolt and win. Fix this

What class build do you have? Do we know the build of the Templar?
You're aware you're going against a Templar, right?

Which arena was this (sparring, or regular 1v1)?

The problem with balancing in this game is everyone wants it revolved around pvp, when you can not have it simply around that, pvp and pve must be considered with every skill. This is why I enjoy those games that have a skill that does certain damage against mobs but against a player its different damage. Holy Bolt is basically the main attack a healer is going to have, I could throw out the unlimited stuns a melee player can have, there is always going to have someone complaining about some sorta skill about another class.

Healers is the new darkrunners apparently.
as cleric, as long as you are playing with a handless in arena you are unbeatable, once the dude put 3 neurons togheter and realize there more to skills than spamming F1-F9 not so much.

@Sparkle

All I'm hearing is that DR's are now having a hard time dealing with healers in arena.

Lol, no thanks, keep Holy Bolt as is.

I don't care that it's an OP ish skill. Healers have been fucked for a long time.

I care that they can just sit there, using no mana and constantly healing themselves and doing decent damage. Imagine if a mage could throw out ice bolt after ice bolt after ice bolt while consuming next to no mana. That would be broken as hell, as this is now.

The mana drain needs to be far higher.

What class build do you have? Do we know the build of the Templar?
You're aware you're going against a Templar, right?

Which arena was this (sparring, or regular 1v1)?

Sparring.

I run SK and Defiler, typically.

In this particular instance, I was a SK with the shield mage spec. And somehow, with basically just spamming mana stars, my mana was gone while the templar still had over 95% of his left

Last edited:
Sparring.

I run SK and Defiler, typically.

In this particular instance, I was a SK with the shield mage spec. And somehow, with basically just spamming mana stars, my mana was gone while the templar still had over 95% of his left

Against a templar or even worse a cleric it won't matter much if you up holy bolt mana x10 times, we have a huge pool of MP and it can be more massive if we do stat translation for Spirit + Cash shop limit enhancer, additionally depending on the weapon and sockets a high GS healer can basically refill the whole HP bar on a critical(which for a cleric is very high).

What I mean by this:

1.) if any healer have time to cast heals on himself, you are doing it wrong and you are dead.
2.) if you wait for the healer to run out of mp, you are doing it wrong and you are dead.
3.) if you have lower GS, you are dead but this apply to most arenas and classes.

How to beat holy bolt?
Extremely easy.

1.) Check your combos, you don't need DMG CC but Stun/Trip/Silence/etc. CC then Dmg CC then Stun/Trip/Silence/etc. CC, etc. As long as the healer can't cast you are guaranteed to win.

As a side note: I know most DPS are meatheads that want spam skills do 1 billion DMG and then trash talk because they are so awesome but news flash, there is such a thing as casting interruption in AA, is not a myth, is not an urban legend, it does actually exist and if you pay attention to what casting classes are doing(require some experience at first) you can interrupt heals and other magic based CC from happening and if you do that, again, I'm not joking, is for real, you don't get damage, amazing right?

Most of my wins as a plate templar in official and as cleric here(sparring since my Ayanad set is not ready yet) if because the noob try to win spamming DMG CC's, lmao. but every once in a while a DR/Primeval, etc. comes that actually have more than 3 working neurons and mix the CC properly and against those I basically get wrecked and I mean wrecked as perma stuned/tripped in 2 fights I couldn't actually land 1 hit wrecked.

Again, you cannot win against a healer in arenas if you only spawn DMG CC, it doesn't matter if holy bolt is MP nerfed by 1x or 2x or even 10x, is not gonna happen, accept it and learn to use your skills, practice with other people, etc.

The days of spamming battlerage combos F1-F4 to kill a healer are gone people, stop whining and go practice because you are doing it wrong unless your class have absolute no skill CC that can interrupt casting.

I'm not a damage CC class, I am a tank class, and healers can just bean me down by using literally 1 skill and wasting zero mana. That's straight up stupid. And because of the retarded changes to witchcraft, I'm now required to stack Exploitation in order to do mana burn damage, which, against a healer in balanced, will be next to none anyway because they're magic tanky. It's broken, and does need to be looked at. Mages and mage type tanks are once again fucked over.

I'm not a damage CC class, I am a tank class, and healers can just bean me down by using literally 1 skill and wasting zero mana. That's straight up stupid. And because of the retarded changes to witchcraft, I'm now required to stack Exploitation in order to do mana burn damage, which, against a healer in balanced, will be next to none anyway because they're magic tanky. It's broken, and does need to be looked at. Mages and mage type tanks are once again fucked over.

My brother plays paladin and abolisher(still hasn't settled which one he likes more) and at first I wrecked him(we practice a lot against each other) but simply timing properly his chain and the shield stuns he beat me now 8/10 times(and I have better gear than him btw).

Again the point is to simply interrupt casting, he learned the motion for antithesis and chain me right before I cast then do DMG CC with Battlerage, if I try to use fervent healing he jumps at me with either behind enemy lines or teleport and stun chain me then DMG CC and when he sees im trying to get away and recharge my abyssals to stone his ass his chain me back mid cast and DMG CC again.

he constantly try sunder earth on me whenever I try to gain distance to slow me and bull rush to keep me form casting while he CC me to oblivion.

if you have Witchcraft is even easier, Archery is a damn good class again healers as long as you learn to kite and interrupt cast, Occultism is very good as well, I think the class that have it the hardest against pure cloth healers is those depending exclusively on sorcery because of the huge mdef making their CC less efficient.

Update:

Battlerage and shadow play are not a good match against plate Templars, you need sorcery for those because their PDEF is MASSIVE in the same Sorcery is not a good match vs Cleric because their MDEF is MASSIVE.

Last edited:
Back