What's new

Veteren boxes?

I read on the update forum about these boxes what do you need to do to qualify for them ?
Appreciation Gift Chest

With 3.0 release we are adding a few Appreciation Gift Chests for our great family of AR followers:
- ArcheRage Follower Regular Chest (for veterans)
- Homecoming ArcheRage Follower Regular Chest (for returned players)
- ArcheRage Follower Patron Chest (for donated veterans)
- Homecoming ArcheRage Follower Patron Chest (for donated returned players)

More info will be provided as to the contents later today by Sparkle.

I have one complaint about the follower regular chest vs the Homecoming follower chest. If these mounts are permanent why is it that the returning players get a much better mount (The soulmule) when the people who have been constantly playing the game get a pretty useless mount (the Pegasus)

These are just my opinions but it think the people who have been playing more should get the soulmule instead of the Pegasus.

I have one complaint about the follower regular chest vs the Homecoming follower chest. If these mounts are permanent why is it that the returning players get a much better mount (The soulmule) when the people who have been constantly playing the game get a pretty useless mount (the Pegasus)

These are just my opinions but it think the people who have been playing more should get the soulmule instead of the Pegasus.

rofl, we all feel entitled don't we? I find it strange that returning player's get 2 extra log in badges for not even playing the game, 5 extra worker comps, a fricken full kitted house for crying out loud. So if i hadn't played at all this month i would have gotten more stuff than if i would've played. I think that sends the wrong message in my opinion.

Though don't get me wrong in any case, i'm glad they are appreciative of us playing and spending our money to help support this. I just think focusing on the people actually playing is more beneficial than bringing people back who quit the game 30 day's ago.

Edit: Just looked back over everything in the boxes.. Apparently people who are veteran donator's get less than people who haven't donated anything and just quit playing because of w/e reason. Roflmao - fits with the theme of this 3.0 so far.

Last edited:
rofl, we all feel entitled don't we?

entitled? I mean I get the patron chest so IDGAF if changes are made but to me it makes more sense that returning players would get a faster mount rather than one with a niche utility. People who have not played recently have not had access to the mounts that have been released. Give them a faster mount to be on par with everyone. If they want to give returning players the mule so they can do trades and make money, just give them the Pegasus and a 30 day cart.

The soulmule is a better mount, imo, because it offers more utility in niche situations. Say you are turning a pack in at a red zone trader. Pull that bad boy out, pop the stealth and walk up to the trader. Same thing on the pirate island for doing your prestige packs and stuff.

If you your "we all feel entitled" statement was pointed at you as well and comparing both our statements then ignore the defensiveness in the first sentence.

I find it strange that returning player's get 2 extra log in badges for not even playing the game, 5 extra worker comps
I'm ok with this since they did miss out on stuff this gives them a bit of a chance to catch up though it can kinda be a kick in the balls to dedicated players.

a fricken full kitted house for crying out loud
Pretty sure its just a design. "- Stone Spring Cottage Design (1)"

Though don't get me wrong in any case, i'm glad they are appreciative of us playing and spending our money to help support this. I just think focusing on the people actually playing is more beneficial than bringing people back who quit the game 30 day's ago.
Agree with this wholeheartedly though I do think that returning players should get more because of it being an enticement to bring them back and keep them.

rofl, we all feel entitled don't we? I find it strange that returning player's get 2 extra log in badges for not even playing the game, 5 extra worker comps, a fricken full kitted house for crying out loud. So if i hadn't played at all this month i would have gotten more stuff than if i would've played. I think that sends the wrong message in my opinion.

I totally agree with both above! Also I want to bring another point up about 'ArcheRage Follower Patron Chest' and 'Homecoming ArcheRage Follower Patron Chest'; half(?) or more(?) of the servers population are not able to donate in the first place because YOU guys have not managed to or simply bothered to make legit and simple way to donate. So those few who actually can donate through this possibly criminal and money launder supporting system are rewarded. I can't be the onlyone who finds this... unfair!

This is the wrong mindset for what is being given to people... One of the biggest issues with AA is that it is difficult for new/returning players to catch up. They are not rewarding people for not playing the game, they are providing incentives to overcome the feeling of being behind that might otherwise keep people from returning to the game. Each category still gets an awesome reward imo. The other point to the soulmare is players that have been playing should already have equivalent pets/mounts etc. Once again these are to help people catch back up or at least not feel as far behind. Remember, this is a FREE 2 PLAY SERVER only donations/microtransactions. In that regards simply having played the game for the last few months doesn't really signify loyalty or warrant any kind of 'gift' from the devs/admins. I am personally pumped that I am getting anything for free on top of already getting free patron. If that isn't enough let me just point out how any one of these box's are 1000x better than anything given by you know.. the other 'people'

*edit* to the donation point made while I was posting this... Don't you think the Devs would LOVE to make it easier for people to donate to the server? I mean... it does help them keep it alive. The way people are &!^ching about donations make it sound like the admins intentionally made it difficult. For those new to the party they DID have a nice easy system in place unfortunately the 'other people' are getting these methods shut down. Quit placing blame for things you haven't even taken 30 seconds to consider... *drops mic*

The other point to the soulmare is players that have been playing should already have equivalent pets/mounts etc.

Yes other players should have faster mounts or pets. Thats the issue. What is the point in giving veteran players the pegasus? It will probably be on par with all the other mounts but it can glide. Weee. The soulmule has a cloak and acts like a regular donkey. I dont see why a new player should have this. Give them the Pegasus since it will be faster than mounts they will have access to and give vets the soulmule.

@Sparkle

Why is the Homecoming ArcheRage Follower Patron Chest better than the ArcheRage Follower Patron Chest? That's rather unfair to those of us who have been playing consistently for the past month AND have previously donated.

Makes zero sense.

Honestly the rewards should be swapped.

So those few who actually can donate through this possibly criminal and money launder supporting system are rewarded.

What lol ? There is a reason its called a donation. Why would they need to launder a donation, let alone bitcoin :p You are donating and getting credits in return, not buying them. Also anyone that uses a PC should be able to donate using their donation system, they have a guide as well as it being completely universal

__

It makes perfect sense that returning players should get more. Why would someone want to come back to the game getting less, they are in heavy competition with 4.5 Fresh Start. Returning players/server population is way more important. Free stuff is free stuff! No reason to complain whatever so ever, they are very similar in comparison.

Cheers,

@Sparkle

Why is the Homecoming ArcheRage Follower Patron Chest better than the ArcheRage Follower Patron Chest? That's rather unfair to those of us who have been playing consistently for the past month AND have previously donated.

Makes zero sense.

Makes perfect sense, they want people to return to the game. Its not very different (a few catch up items). 5 pots, 2 login badges, 16x16 cottage, 50 medals, 50 merit, and a vehicle token. All these things you probably have more of than the returning player to begin with

Also they only have 2 weeks to redeem it, so unless every person that quit the game comes back, not gonna make much of a difference.

Makes perfect sense, they want people to return to the game. Its not very different (a few catch up items). 5 pots, 2 login badges, 16x16 cottage, 50 medals, 50 merit, and a vehicle token. All these things you probably have more of than the returning player to begin with

Also they only have 2 weeks to redeem it, so unless every person that quit the game comes back, not gonna make much of a difference.

No, it does not make perfect sense. Those extra rewards should be going to the players who have logged in at least once the past month, have donated and have a lvl 55 character.

Returning players (who haven't logged in the past 30 days) would still get the other rewards from the chest that actually makes sense.

I'm free to "complain" as much as I damn well please by the way. Just because we're getting free stuff doesn't mean we just have to shut up about it.

Pretty sure its just a design. "- Stone Spring Cottage Design (1)"

don't really have a problem with anything else you've said. Yes my beginning wasn't directed at you personally.. it was a generalized statement of things to come, a foreshadow if you will.. hehe

Anyways, onto the quote.. The Returning Donator's get a full kitted house - check it out ;)

This is the wrong mindset for what is being given to people... One of the biggest issues with AA is that it is difficult for new/returning players to catch up. They are not rewarding people for not playing the game, they are providing incentives to overcome the feeling of being behind that might otherwise keep people from returning to the game. Each category still gets an awesome reward imo. The other point to the soulmare is players that have been playing should already have equivalent pets/mounts etc. Once again these are to help people catch back up or at least not feel as far behind. Remember, this is a FREE 2 PLAY SERVER only donations/microtransactions. In that regards simply having played the game for the last few months doesn't really signify loyalty or warrant any kind of 'gift' from the devs/admins. I am personally pumped that I am getting anything for free on top of already getting free patron. If that isn't enough let me just point out how any one of these box's are 1000x better than anything given by you know.. the other 'people'

*edit* to the donation point made while I was posting this... Don't you think the Devs would LOVE to make it easier for people to donate to the server? I mean... it does help them keep it alive. The way people are &!^ching about donations make it sound like the admins intentionally made it difficult. For those new to the party they DID have a nice easy system in place unfortunately the 'other people' are getting these methods shut down. Quit placing blame for things you haven't even taken 30 seconds to consider... *drops mic*

*picks up mic*
So yeah, i see the point that you are getting at and i understand where you are coming from. I've thought of that as well, then something starts the nag at the back of mind. Sparkle wrote many times as well as the playerbase about things being "fair". Everything has to be "fair", at what point is someone who hasn't even donated a single dime to this server getting more rewards for not even playing the game than someone who's been loyal since release and donated just as much. Where is all the "fairness" now? Lost in translation i believe.

As far as the veterans having all the stuff equivelant to the stuff we can get in the boxes, Carrot Wings is the only equivalent donkey to the soulmule and the soulmule dominates in forms of usefulness. So i apologize there, i don't see your argument holding water.

Yes, you're correct about these boxes being "1000x better than the other guys" .. it just makes me scratch my head when i see the incentives of bringing player's back to be higher than keeping the players you have.

No, it does not make perfect sense. Those extra rewards should be going to the players who have logged in at least once the past month, have donated and have a lvl 55 character.

Returning players (who haven't logged in the past 30 days) would still get the other rewards from the chest that actually makes sense.

I'm free to "complain" as much as I damn well please by the way. Just because we're getting free stuff doesn't mean we just have to shut up about it.

The only thing I can see that might be debatable is the login badges, as you can get a speedboat design with them or something, but if they haven't played I'm sure they don't have many to begin with and people that play every day should already have more. (with the exception of 1 if they left perfectly 30 days before this patch) other than that. People are just never happy, its generic items that someone that plays everyday should already have a bunch. Its free stuff :p People are never happy

Carrot Wings is the only equivalent donkey to the soulmule and the soulmule dominates in forms of usefulness. So i apologize there, i don't see your argument holding water.

I forgot about the Carrot Wings LOL. I think its such a useless mount compared to the soulmule. Only thing I like about it is its stupid nose. As far as the returning donators full kit house, I didn't see it. RIP but they did spend money and are returning so it gives them something to plant stuff on so I'll sit on the fence on that issue.

Should probably reword that to be more along the lines of "We are free to question the motives as to why staff decided these items and why which tier gets what." Comes off as a little less entitled.

I agree with @Aumdaydar On this, it makes more sense to reward the players who have been playing regularly with the better rewards.

Regardless, I'm thrilled we're all getting so many wonderful rewards. The Stormwing and Soulmule will go nicely with my mount collection. =)

Last edited:
Back