What's new

Warehouse items missing

DarkSpirit

I just came back to my warehouse (the cash shop one) and noticed a ton of materials are missing, the chest is set on family and there's only 2 people on my family list. They would not lie or take anything out of the chest without asking and are as equally shocked that items are missing.

I've done some searching and I've seen that it was a bug that allowed people to change permissions on the boxes... We lost a ton of materials, 2k Iron / 1.5k Fabric / ~700 Gilda dust / Sunpoints / Moonpoints / Starpoints / Archeum Crystals / ~200 Red corals / Green Corals... point is we lost around 3k to 4k gold worth of items and I am certain that no one took the items within the family, it's only 3 of us and it's always been set on family, one guy barely even plays anymore and no one really has a reason to take any of the items, we share the stuff among ourselves and enjoy playing the game that way.. So there's no way someone in the family would take it, I honestly don't know how this can happen unless it was some sort of cheat/exploit or account hack.

Can you please check logs? Or check anything related to the boxes.

I would like to state that i have heard about this kind of thing MANY times over the course of my time in AA (alpha player), and every time it's come out as either someone accidentally changed it to public, or a family member swiped the items and sold them, one instance where the guy got blackout drunk and gave a bunch away. Point being, this has never been a real bug in the game, and if it was then i personally have not seen anyone bring forward any real proof of it. I also remember trino looked into it back in the day and found nothing, i have no source other than my memory on this one.
I would think hard and see if you can remember anything happening where you might have gone into the settings for some reason recently, and i would also watch to see if the family member gets some shiny new gear or vehicle you didn't know they could afford. People are greedy, a blind faith in someone is never a good idea.

And btw, people check your buildings very often to see if someone messed up on their chests, i see it on my land all the time, and i do it on others daily.

you set it to public and lost your shit honestly there's no magic here, and they don't refund items

No, It was on family.. I went to plant seeds on another piece of land.. Family member wasn't even online.. I went back, thing is still on family and items were missing. There's honestly no reason for him to steal anything, we've been playing together for years, I understand where you are coming from with blind faith and all, but there must be some logs or some info that would be helpful.

No, It was on family.. I went to plant seeds on another piece of land.. Family member wasn't even online.. I went back, thing is still on family and items were missing. There's honestly no reason for him to steal anything, we've been playing together for years, I understand where you are coming from with blind faith and all, but there must be some logs or some info that would be helpful.

well, they can check into it i guess, but like i said, i've been around for a long long time, and not once have i seen it where someone was legitimately "hacked" and lost items. In the end, good luck, and if it does turn out to be that someone legitimately bugged something to get your stuff let us know.

Two things:

First, Warehouses and chests are two different things. You should change the title of this post.

Second, there is absolutely no confirmed exploit for bypassing chest permissions. This sounds more like one of two things (if your family members are trustworthy as you say): You made a mistake with permissions, or you're trying to get free items. If this was actually an exploit, the forums would literally explode with people complaining about items stolen from chests. Thousands of other players have similar setups to yours, on both this server and live. A thief would not use an exploit on just one person. He or she would go for your stuff along with all your neighbors.

Just a couple of my Lincolns...

I don't want free items, there's no real reason to come up with an elaborate ruse just so I can get some items, there's no real point to that at least from my perspective. I can get the items back, it's just a grind, I'm more annoyed at the situation and I am discouraged from playing if something like this exists in the game, I just want to figure out what really happened. There has to be logs and I just want clarity, if it was my own fault (which I highly doubt, since permissions never changed, and I did not interact with the warehouse at all for the couple hours I was playing) I checked the box when I got on, permission was on family, went to plant seeds, came back in an hour or two and items were missing, warehouse was still on family.)

And for the record I have seen a bunch of people complain about this issue, and while I agree that a thief would steal more stuff, it might just have been a few isolated cases and hasn't spread yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2oflwc/got_my_items_stolen_from_private_land_once_again/
https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2pcwk8/everything_stolen_from_private_housechestgg/

The relevance of how long ago it was makes no difference, people were asking for some kind of proof it happened before and there you have it.

As someone who has stacks of expensive items in their chest, in plain view of anyone walking by, and has since the first week, I'm pretty sure one of your family members is a thief.

I honestly doubt it for a couple reasons.

1. We play games together all the time
2. We share things all the time and it's never happened before
3. He knows that if he wanted something I wouldn't really care and I would just give it to him, so there's no real reason to steal it
4. Stealing the items would only hinder our gameplay and would likely just push both of us to quit the game
5. If he wanted me to quit, he could have just said he's bored with the game and we would have found something else to play

I honestly doubt it for a couple reasons.

1. We play games together all the time
2. We share things all the time and it's never happened before
3. He knows that if he wanted something I wouldn't really care and I would just give it to him, so there's no real reason to steal it
4. Stealing the items would only hinder our gameplay and would likely just push both of us to quit the game
5. If he wanted me to quit, he could have just said he's bored with the game and we would have found something else to play

I’m sure an admin can check logs to see what happened.

They are working on it, I assume they are rather busy right now, I was told to make a thread about it so I did.

I also dont think its a bug or something. No one had the Issue before, and the Link you shared is about rendering if you just log on on someone else properties u will have a F to interact but cant take it.

Im sorry to tell you, but either you made it public or people who had access to it stole, either sold it for real life money or kept it for themselves. Tough life.

I also dont think its a bug or something. No one had the Issue before, and the Link you shared is about rendering if you just log on on someone else properties u will have a F to interact but cant take it.

There are more threads concerning the issue, I'm not going to link them all.. It was merely to state that similar cases have happened, the Mods are looking into the case and checking logs, so judging from the replies I should have a response by early next month.

Back