What's new

What's Happened To The Economy?

The Economy has no cash flow since most whales are gone due to the credit issue. The Gold sink is very fast across the server with little cash flow. I can see a lot of players trying to yolo celestial gears since regrade scrolls are getting cheaper.

I dont get the Point "Credit issue" what does it have to do with Sales on AH ? Are u selling Credits ? Or do you mean People who sell credits make them buy your stuff? Sound alittle weird to me.

"limits" of proficiencies/recipes is not high after 2 months. Many players can generate materials for every demands +many players craft same potions, upgraded materials, scrolls and alchemy goods too. The competition is higher in offers, but the demand stay unchanged... or it's lower after we have less whales now. Credit shop is "locked" now and it's black market. Like drug business. Use your crypto currency or you will not get "extra" contents. And this is not easy and/or safe for p2w users. Goldseller service is working well maybe, but regrade without credit and charms is pain in the ass. Less regrade, less weapon-armor craft = less materials sold in same time too. This would be nice.. except the part where early whales/p2w users bought tons of resources and they got advantage. They got that advantage, we lost the options to get same in longer time. But we will reach same gear level... after some months... maybe. Just in "normal" chances... no 1,5-2x chances...

I dont get the Point "Credit issue" what does it have to do with Sales on AH ? Are u selling Credits ? Or do you mean People who sell credits make them buy your stuff? Sound alittle weird to me.
most materials end up in high teir crafting, but when the high teir crafting isnt being made or sold, theres less desire for the lower teir mats. The unfortunate truth is, its mostly whales doing the high teir buying. Everytime credits are harder to access, I have a very noticible decline in sales on my end as well (I craft delphinad stuff). Most people who buy my stuff tend to offer credits as an alternative payment form... which I usually decline :3

As a previous poster mentioned, Charcoal prices have tanked. This isn't the result of credits not being purchasable by cash - because the last time that happened Charcoal prices were sky high. Instead, guilds have noticed just how valuable cross-continent runs can be, so there are now more stabilizers being pumped into economy than there is demand.

It's also due in part to the fact the people have finally figured out that there are literally NO full time / prolific pirates on the seas. There are the occasional part-timers and opportunists but for the most part the ocean is very safe. Go ahead and start doing merch runs and though you'll see lots of traffic on the water, everyone is doing their own thing, moving their own packs, ignoring you. On top of that the charcoal rates were so wonderfully high that even if you lost a boatload of specialty packs you were still cranking out a decent profit.

I've sailed the seas on 4 servers now and though this server is thriving I've never seen tamer seas.

Most of the whales buy credits via paypal or credit card. Which they sell for gold. Having limitted access to credits decreases overall cashflow on thw economy.

It's also due in part to the fact the people have finally figured out that there are literally NO full time / prolific pirates on the seas. There are the occasional part-timers and opportunists but for the most part the ocean is very safe. Go ahead and start doing merch runs and though you'll see lots of traffic on the water, everyone is doing their own thing, moving their own packs, ignoring you. On top of that the charcoal rates were so wonderfully high that even if you lost a boatload of specialty packs you were still cranking out a decent profit.

I've sailed the seas on 4 servers now and though this server is thriving I've never seen tamer seas.

Wow, I'm really glad to read such things, I come from retail on "Vengence" And let me tell you there's a player on there called Inabi, he literally has alt's at every trade outpost, with merchant ships. Now that doesn't seem to bad right? cause people gotta sleep. Lol.. this guy takes it to a whole new level. Go on that server and he's LITERALLY on 24/7 And I'm not even shitting you. You dont realize how long someone is on until you ADD them (Which i did) and he never goes offline. I wake up he's on, I goto sleep wake up in the middle of the night still on, No matter what time or day of the week I Check HE'S always on.

Sorry for that needless input I'm just really happy to read this. ^-^ Cause it opens up many doors :)

P.s *If anyone thinks I left cause of that reason,The real reason I left Retail is because I love the idea of x4 labor Lol without running alts. when I found out about this private server, that's why I left*

Wow, I'm really glad to read such things, I come from retail on "Vengence" And let me tell you there's a player on there called Inabi, he literally has alt's at every trade outpost, with merchant ships. Now that doesn't seem to bad right? cause people gotta sleep. Lol.. this guy takes it to a whole new level. Go on that server and he's LITERALLY on 24/7 And I'm not even shitting you. You dont realize how long someone is on until you ADD them (Which i did) and he never goes offline. I wake up he's on, I goto sleep wake up in the middle of the night still on, No matter what time or day of the week I Check HE'S always on.

Sorry for that needless input I'm just really happy to read this. ^-^ Cause it opens up many doors :)

P.s *If anyone thinks I left cause of that reason,The real reason I left Retail is because I love the idea of x4 labor Lol without running alts. when I found out about this private server, that's why I left*

Yes, its so much easier to do it all on one account, without relogging ,lags ,crashes, or alt-tabbing all the time.
Its how it should had been from the start.

I think its because there is less actual fresh gold supply coming into the game, less people running packs for actual gold.
And too many people loosing gold to rngesus.
We only have 2 real way to make gold trade packs and coinpurses both take lots of labour that people need to craft gear or farm materials.
All of which are better gold per labour than coinpurses and tradepacks.

Fishing needs to be viable for the ecconomy and people need to run packs for gold.
All of which isnt happening.
I would be intrested to see what the actual amount of gold is in circulation at the moment compared to 2 months ago.

The reason for this is that the ptw players have been lighting a fire under the ecconomy for ages.
This has cause prices to inflate to crazy amounts.
Normal players who are making money through trade packs and coinpurses cant afford anything because its all overpriced.
And most people have been chaseing supply shortages that only last a day and by the time they get there resorces its too late but the price isnt dropping enough.
People who make the new gold for the server have been leaving because it seems like an imposible task to get geared.
It has only become more noticeable because of the super inflation of credit prices.

You guys make some brilliant points!

As some of you have said, I think we need ways to bring more gold into the economy. If people can't earn gold through the selling of credits, then that means they need other 'viable' sources of income.

There's been mention of improving fishing, trade pack prices and coin purse rewards. I love these ideas!

Especially the idea of increasing trade pack rewards, because at the moment trade packs suck. I would rather do almost anything else than bother to run trade packs. Apart from the time they take and the soul crushing boredom, the rewards are pitiful.

This has a knock on effect to the whole economy, if nobody bothers to run trade packs, then nobody needs to buy any trade pack materials. This hurts us all :(.

It all comes down to RNG boxes really.

1) Those who charge through them make 10% gold value of credits if they dont roll big.
2) Those who change gold to credits, roll on boxes that bring in 10% of what they spend.

There is far too much RNG involved in the Pserver, for this Pserver to be a Pserver. There is a reason Trion servers are dead ... And it not because of P2W or patron grinding. Trion servers died because of the excessive RNG (events and all ... Who the F, wants unidentified trees and bundles). This company so far is literally copy and pasting the RNG, except its more difficult (Hassle .... As of now) to cash shop here.

I know loads of people who were spending £100 (yes more value than dollars) a month, that now wont touch it with someone elses barge pole.

End of story: When you get less, you spend less. Prices rise and no one buys.

Last edited:
You guys make some brilliant points!

As some of you have said, I think we need ways to bring more gold into the economy. If people can't earn gold through the selling of credits, then that means they need other 'viable' sources of income.

There's been mention of improving fishing, trade pack prices and coin purse rewards. I love these ideas!

Especially the idea of increasing trade pack rewards, because at the moment trade packs suck. I would rather do almost anything else than bother to run trade packs. Apart from the time they take and the soul crushing boredom, the rewards are pitiful.

This has a knock on effect to the whole economy, if nobody bothers to run trade packs, then nobody needs to buy any trade pack materials. This hurts us all :(.
What if they lower the labourcost of tradepacks and increese the rewards.
Make regrade gems drop in open world or via hasla tokens.
Same as moon/sunpoints.
Change the fishing pools back to marlin school ect and increese there value.
Even making intercontinental gold traderuns work again.
We would have a cash boom.
Amd they could ajust it over time.

What if they lower the labourcost of tradepacks and increese the rewards.
Make regrade gems drop in open world or via hasla tokens.
Same as moon/sunpoints.
Change the fishing pools back to marlin school ect and increese there value.
Even making intercontinental gold traderuns work again.
We would have a cash boom.
Amd they could ajust it over time.
yes lets make it so you spend MORE time moving packs :v honestly if they doubled pack labor cost and doubled pack turn in value, it would be a way more viable source of income. Right now it just takes too much time... its boring and not fun to do.

yes lets make it so you spend MORE time moving packs :v honestly if they doubled pack labor cost and doubled pack turn in value, it would be a way more viable source of income. Right now it just takes too much time... its boring and not fun to do.
Sure that could work too.
Still people would rather spend there labour crafting.
But doubleing the rewards ould go inline with the rest if the increeses on the sever.

If they made it takes only 50 packs to burn all of my daily labor instead of 116 I would do it... spend 2 hours a day getting 1.5k gold? Sure why not. Packs currently do make you a ton of gold if you do high reward packs, but its the time investment that just kills it... its fine for a week but after a month of doing it your just bored and missing out on other parts of the game you would rather do.

I think it might have too many ripple effects if they changed the labor cost or turn in value of trade packs.

Instead it would be nice if they could either A.) change the ingredient cost on some packs, especially Fellowship packs which are WAY too high since most people run Fertilizers anyway. or B.) have some kind of in-game event like they currently do for fishing to buff pack turn in by offering extra loyalty or merit rewards.

EDIT:
Another thing to keep in mind is that this server's admins are much more pro-active when it comes to banning bots & cheats. This, combined with the no multiboxing rule, means there is less gold coming into the economy than on live.

While it might seem counter intuitive, this is healthier for the economy overall.
Less gold = less inflation

The price per item may be lower than on retail, but the value is the same because the gold here is worth more.

Last edited:
Back