What's new

why is the server so hostile to pvp players

The penalties are stiff enough as-is. This game is not strictly east vs west. In fact, there's a LOT more action killing your own faction than the opposing faction, to the point where I nearly solely focus on same-faction stealing. I don't have any problems with east characters. You play the game you want to play, and leave the rest of us to have our fun.

As far as it being on the players to punish this behavior, do you really want to put a target on your back? You really don't want to give people a reason to camp you. That's all you'll get if you generate that kind of drama.
Of course there is a lot more action because the greens are vulnerable and easier for you take advantage of. And that's just chicken shit.
At the end of the day, what do you stand for? Are you out seeking selfish gains or do you try to help lift the team/faction as a whole?
The selfish and greedy will always come up short.
Hmmm....purple to steal one pack and ruin my reputation, or help the traders and get hundreds of packs free.

mm is empty, halcy is empty, oc no one goes to but west (east never wants to contest coz pugs avoid pvp)

world bosses kraken is never contested, rd no one goes to
gem system still broken

pvp is dead, only carebearing exists now

and why do people carebear? thats right to get geared

why is being geared harder than before?

thats right coz less credits are being bought, luckies and sup charms only exist with loyalty and rng boxes (no one does hasla rift, harder for new people)

demand is much stronger than the supply causing everything to inflate x3 higher than before

People don't pvp for the same reason people don't pvp on live...or at least roll to a stop on live. It takes too fucking long to gear to any competency....to put it frankly. You have to fight RNG constantly. And fighting RNG costs money and resources. So eventually you have people say fuck pvp and wasting the time it takes to do it. And they fall over to doing nothing but carebear activities to craft up and boost gear. They eventually stay in this state for so long that the game dies due to inactive events etc.

I dunno if mother fuckers think I'm just making this shit up or what but its the same pattern of activity that killed off the live servers so I dunno wtf the people at this server are thinking by keeping the game relatively the same as live. ((BUT MUH EXP AND LABOR RATE)) <----exp has never mattered in this game, and faster growth times and labor rates LITERALLY MAKE CAREBEARING AN EVEN BIGGER OPTION THAN IT ALREADY WAS!

Why waste my time running around after a stupid ass squid when I could be making investments into building gear and collecting oils and collecting gold to regrade, and then the regrade fails so then you have to collect gold again, and then the regrade fails again, so then you have to go potato to make more gold, and then the regrade fails again, and then you have to go back to your house and farm more bullshit plants to make more gold, and then the regrade fails again, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the regrade fails again, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the lunagem fails, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the lunagem fails again, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the costume roll fails, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the.........<------Who the fuck has time to pvp when everything is constantly failing forcing you to go back to bullshitting with sheep and ducks.....

legit none of the things here are good for us pvp boys

carebears get like a billion labor, they get xp, they get their roleplay stuff and all

us pvp players get nothing

why is that ? is this a RP server or is this a normal server ? if RP, is there a normal server here ? sorry i played wow and there were RP servers there so i think maybe it's the same here idk

What drugs are you on? Because they're shit.

The RNG in archeage is unfortunately brutal. This is one of those MMOs that requires a *massive* time and gold investment to get ahead. It is just how the system was designed. There really is no other way around it. The only thing someone can do is carebear, and carebear some more, and pray that their time investment pays off (which, for the vast majority of us, it won't). So instead, people turn to buying credits/gold to advance faster and do more PVP. These kinds of games thrive on that mentality. Everyone wants to be 7k GS to dunk on everyone else in a raid.

In reality, only those who pay out first, or who are ungodly lucky, will get to reap the fun rewards of PVP. For everyone else, they have to play the long game, and invest wisely to get the gear. PVP in games like these always takes a long time to ramp up. But if the AR team does this server right, especially with the upcoming 3.0 patch, and the future 3.5, people will stick around and invest that time.

In this case, patience truly is a virtue

I'm closing in on 4k gear score but it hasn't been easy and I have had to focus on gearing a lot of the time. The difference between new comers and server veterans isn't my issue, someone who invested time/money into a game should have something to show for it and gear score is a direct result of investment. Closing the gap to find a comfortable spot where someone is no longer getting 1 shotted by Hugz/Faust shouldn't be easy, and I don't expect it to be, but the current state of donations forces me to dry grind (no lube makes my nodachi raw) and in this state closing the gap is almost impossible. One can scarcely afford the Regrade Charms, even if I can supply my own Luckys.

How does this pertain to PVP? Well on Trino I was able to get to an enjoyable state GS-wise in a reasonable time-frame, which is expected to be shortcut on this server. Currently my friends and I are basically free Honor at PvP events and it gets tiresome quickly. I want to enjoy PVP, I want to focus on PvP and take part in Faction-wide events but getting stepped on eventually gets boring. Those "Carebears" this tread complains about are most likely lower GS people who have to put our nose to the grinder to stand a chance in the current state of affairs. It's not that we DON'T want to it's that we should likely be focusing on getting geared to a point that you actually contribute to the battles beyond being 2-3 button presses away from a Nuia.

Let's be honest, people don't PvP when their guild leadership isn't good at PvP. The players that do want PvP gravitate to the few groups in the faction with competent PvP leadership. Next thing you know you have a single strong guild and everyone else either jumps on board or fucks off back to the azalea farm

People don't pvp for the same reason people don't pvp on live...or at least roll to a stop on live. It takes too fucking long to gear to any competency....to put it frankly. You have to fight RNG constantly. And fighting RNG costs money and resources. So eventually you have people say fuck pvp and wasting the time it takes to do it. And they fall over to doing nothing but carebear activities to craft up and boost gear. They eventually stay in this state for so long that the game dies due to inactive events etc.

I dunno if mother fuckers think I'm just making this shit up or what but its the same pattern of activity that killed off the live servers so I dunno wtf the people at this server are thinking by keeping the game relatively the same as live. ((BUT MUH EXP AND LABOR RATE)) <----exp has never mattered in this game, and faster growth times and labor rates LITERALLY MAKE CAREBEARING AN EVEN BIGGER OPTION THAN IT ALREADY WAS!

Why waste my time running around after a stupid ass squid when I could be making investments into building gear and collecting oils and collecting gold to regrade, and then the regrade fails so then you have to collect gold again, and then the regrade fails again, so then you have to go potato to make more gold, and then the regrade fails again, and then you have to go back to your house and farm more bullshit plants to make more gold, and then the regrade fails again, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the regrade fails again, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the lunagem fails, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the lunagem fails again, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the costume roll fails, and then you have to farm more gold, and then the.........<------Who the fuck has time to pvp when everything is constantly failing forcing you to go back to bullshitting with sheep and ducks.....

Well said!
I am right there in that first paragraph. I donate a lot of mats to my guildies because they are new to the game and haven't felt the RNG sting. Hopefully I can keep them from becoming as bitter I have become. I feel like I'm watching re-runs from live...same track, same train wreck incoming.

Last edited:
Honestly, most PvPers I've encountered are genuinely toxic and I want nothing to do with them. It's unfortunate too, I wish I could get into it.

My gearscore alone is enough for players to send me hateful mails if I one tap them. Most of the time, when someone attacks me, I just stand there thinking, "As soon as I kill this person they're going to BM me even though they attacked me first."

I would be more open to advocating more for PvPers if they weren't so toxic.

Just my thoughts.

Honestly, most PvPers I've encountered are genuinely toxic and I want nothing to do with them. It's unfortunate too, I wish I could get into it.

My gearscore alone is enough for players to send me hateful mails if I one tap them. Most of the time, when someone attacks me, I just stand there thinking, "As soon as I kill this person they're going to BM me even though they attacked me first."

Just my thoughts.

Honestly if I were you I'd just add them to my lovely block list. =)

Why do you say that? Because I'm not mad that PvP players don't get to pay with honor?
You obviously have no idea how to make money in this game while PvPing.
literally no one that is posting complaints in this thread is talking about gold or honor. theyre talking about increasing reasons to pvp, and accessibility to gear that allows you to. those are the things that are broken. farming honor is fine, and if you cant figure out how to make gold, you are just lazy. however i could run around at 9 pm EST every night for an hour around PvP zones and maybe see 10 people a week. good pvp health. im sure people will keep playing when theres no one to fight and keep buying the items carebears make. yep. no changes needed here! healthy server!

Last edited:
You guys confuse PvP with PKing.
Purpling on noobs, like some of you hardcore PvPers do, is not PvP.
Its murdering your own faction, so no body trusts anyone.
Most of the PvPers are just chumps killing new players. This is not PvP. There is no honor here.
this doesn't happen when theres a healthy population of pvp players and competitive pvp between guilds. the ONLY people i can ever find that are in hostile zones are 2-3k players farming coinpurses that are either new players gearing, illegal alts being used to grind extra honor pools for purses/gold, or bots that literally ignore you as you kill them while they farm gold to rmt. i, personally, only kill the ones that obviously are bots with 0 pvp kills/pvp honor and the cheapest set of honor you can see doing the exact same combo in a class like shaman every 15 seconds on repeat without moving. but you cant be mad that other players that spent months grinding honor and gold for gear now want to use that gear, and have to resort to killing the only players available: lowbies/noobs. fix the system, and you will fix this problem.

This is a message from Disrep, He is forum banned but i think this is important and people need to read it.

(please no ban)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My main account is banned for 2 more days, but I'm not going to make another account just to post this.

My goal here is to help people understand the pvp community a little better, as I feel our intentions are frequently lost due to inherent toxic nature.

In any competitive game, you will have toxicity. Striving to be the best brings out the worst in people, that's not something you're going to fix.

Because of this, pvpers tend to be the smaller crowd, but at the same time being the loudest and most profitable part of this game.

You may have people like Faust who is willing to spend a lot of money on this game but not want to pvp, but you have about 50 other pvpers who will spend close to the same amount to keep up in gear with their competition.

Having a healthy competitive scene on Archeage is crucial to keeping the servers economy in check.

There is four versions of pvp in this game. The first type of pvp one that you can do almost by yourself.Things such as ganking packs, killing farmers in Auroria zones, Arenas and tiny bits of open world pvp.

The second type is small scale pvp. This means things like skirmishes in Auroria zones for Waters/Logs, finding random pvp in places with up to 20 people.

The third type is large scale. This means things like Halcyona, Mistmarrow, big raid fights no less than 30 people, fighting over mana towers with massive raids.

The fourth type is content pvp. This is drastically different than all types of pvp because they require different sets of skills. THings like Kraken, Red Dragon, Meina/Glenn, Anthalon, Dgs, etc.

Generally in a servers lifespan, pvp dies off starting at the fourth type and making its way down. There are rare occasions where the fourth type is alive, but the other 3 are not alive.

Currently on this server, the fourth and third type are extremely volatile. There is occasionally pvp at Anthalon, but its vastly dead. No one goes out to it. Halcyona and Mistmarrow often ends in stomps because one side gets their 10 kills or 100 tower quest done and then leaves or afks for the remainder of the time.

The second type is relatively alive, but has seen a small decrease in numbers. The first type almost never dies as long as there is at least 20 total pvpers on a server. Again, this kind of thing is normal. However because we have seen the same story over and over, our frustrations come from suggestions being made to fix both the third and fourth types without breaking the economy.

----If you didn't read anything else, please pay attention to this part.----

Thing such as luckies on world bosses, the Hasla fix, and the Honor gem change as been an attempt to keep the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th types of pvp alive as well as help players who are newer to pvp have a better time when going against these super competitive people.

I'm not going to go into these because I do not want this thread to get locked or this post to get removed, but that's where our frustrations come from.

This server caters heavily towards the casual carebear player. X4 labor and x2 growth rates are heaven for people who either want to do the first and second types of pvp, or don't want to pvp at all. Money is able to be gained at a much faster rate than anything else.

However in the grand scheme of things, this creates an imbalance between the two communities. If I were to take a rough guess, I would say (these are just numbers that I guessed, not actually factual) the server is comprised of 70% of people who don't want to do any pvp higher than the 2nd type, or do not want to pvp at all.

Because of this large imbalance, things like obtaining t6 weapons/armor become much harder to achieve because very little guilds do the bosses that give them.

The pvp community cries *dead game* for specific topics like this because we have seen what happens when a large group of pvpers leave the server. The problem is actually happening currently. Boss materials are extremely overpriced because no one is attempting these bosses, large scale events like Halcy and Mistmarrow often end 5 min after they start, regrade scrolls and archeum start going up because not many people are doing waters/logs, causing supply to shoot down.

Calling the server itself *dead* is an exaggeration. The server is by no means dead, but based on previous servers throughout the history of live, the path has been steering towards that.

I will give the team credit. The recent royal seed change and pvp tournament were amazing steps in the right direction for the health of this server. As it's been said before, we want this server to be the game Archeage was supposed to be, not just a slightly better version than trions. All we need is a tiny bit more steps in that direction to make those dreams come true and pull people from those live servers.

TLDR:we may come across as toxic, hostile, and loud, but I can tell you we love the game more than anyone else. We really do want this server to be good.

If want pvp do it for fun, and yeh not so many rewards but you get some, anyways here's 3 friendly points regarding the issue:

1.-PvP in general: there's a lot if you know how, just poke the wasp nest with a stick and ta-dah, if you don't focus too much on the rewards and just in fun, there's a lot

2.-Carebearing: Well, pretty simple issue here: low gs people get killed over and over (happened to me since i was able to go to other areas aside from safe ones) even without any good reason (i will not name the person here who killed me when i was a noob cuz "personal grudges" with other person), and that creates 2 mentalities which are
a)Person will get good, get geared, tolerate the bs storm and try to defend or hit back (i did it, not a fan of pvp but now i can defend myself and know how to make people life impossible when they kos on me)
b)Person will grow pissed and tired and will try another alternatives (a.k.a screw pvp and go to do other things away from the pvp areas) until they get geared, BUT they need to go thru the gearing process which is long and like someone here said people geared resort to kill noobs and blablabla...in short terms, the classic loop of the "geared player not getting challenge". Anyways people who try different stuff and is not 100% on pvp will not resort to that really considering the game have way more better things to do (imo).

3.-PvP community: The game have a lot of ways to instigate pvp, try to encourage it and even have fun and get rewards with it (ever tried to be mercenary? sword for hiring? etc?, bet not), but seems that things, even if there, in front of every pvp player are not 100% considered. Now, considering there's a lot of options for pvp, let me ask: is the pvp community really focused on challenge, on fun combat, on try to be "the best the best the best" and kick asses? Or are just a bunch of toxic people who wanna kill whatever they want and anything they see because "of teh lulz". That point makes a big difference in pvp regarding gaming experience.

Oh and imo why people on server preffer carebearing and is ultra agressive with pvp players almost impaling them on stakes and shouting "SHAME!" behind them swinging a bell on the air?...it's quite obvious, and no, is not the pack stealing.

There is an event for pvpers so I am not sure what you are talking about

https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/game-event-gladiator-death-match-tournament.4919/

And what about the zombie rifts in Hasla that was supposed to create all kinds of pvp. I see people fighting over logs and water all the time in Auroria. Random pvp happens around the area that drop queens coins purses. There are pvpers that prowl the ocean to take someones packs. There is plenty of farmland that is in pvp areas like Calmlands and Diamond shores. My guess is that you just want to gank people because that is fun for you. For me personally, if I get ganked in an area too much I just leave and don't go back for a while.

Gear is the road block to a lot of aspects of this game. The whole end game is about getting gear but that is a very steep hill to climb and it was done that way by design. The Chinese, when they design a free to play game they say "look at the hole I have dug" and the only way out of that hole is to pay more money. Right now we are in the hole that XL games has dug for us.

As far as it being on the players to punish this behavior, do you really want to put a target on your back? You really don't want to give people a reason to camp you. That's all you'll get if you generate that kind of drama.

Based upon the veiled threat out of left field, I think you've completely misinterpreted what my last paragraph said.

"i really wish the penalties for purpling your own faction were stiffer in some manner. not because i'm a carebear, but i'd rather see a little more cohesion and focus on east vs west rather than whatever it is we have now. ultimately though its the players that determine those dynamics and not code changes."

What I've said is that I wish the penalties were stiffer because I'd prefer to see east vs west rather than purple pvp. Thats just my personal feeling on it. I then go on to acknowledge that the player base determines the context of how PVP occurs (open world) in the game and not code changes. Stiffer penalties might push it a little in the direction I'd prefer, but that wouldn't make much of a difference unless the playerbase as a whole chose to follow a different mentality.

nowhere in my post did I suggest that players need to start punishing each other. the simple fact is it would not work. Rifts would just turn into raid leaders kicking out "the other guys", who would then form their own raids and try to kill the other raid for the raid leader's slight. Rifts would start to go by with participants not getting rewards due to split kills

luscas would just have even more green on green infighting than we've seen in the past.

MM, i'm not sure exactly how that would get messed up but im sure it would in some way.

such a suggestion on my part would only have the exact opposite of the intended effect that I'd want.

Just my thoughts.

Nah, I actually think you should be ashamed for taking so long to kill me, and needing so much help to kill me, a lowly squishy healer.

A lot of PvPers are toxic, but not everybody is. I do it because I enjoy the challenge, and I just ignore then traditional swapping of insults.

The players enjoying PvP and have some time this Sunday are welcomed to participate in our new PvP Event - Gladiator Death Match Tournament. You can find the details HERE.
There are some good rewards waiting for our warriors as well as for the players who'd like to participate as a judge or the cameraman.

This is a message from Disrep, He is forum banned but i think this is important and people need to read it.

(please no ban)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My main account is banned for 2 more days, but I'm not going to make another account just to post this.

My goal here is to help people understand the pvp community a little better, as I feel our intentions are frequently lost due to inherent toxic nature.

In any competitive game, you will have toxicity. Striving to be the best brings out the worst in people, that's not something you're going to fix.

Because of this, pvpers tend to be the smaller crowd, but at the same time being the loudest and most profitable part of this game.

You may have people like Faust who is willing to spend a lot of money on this game but not want to pvp, but you have about 50 other pvpers who will spend close to the same amount to keep up in gear with their competition.

Having a healthy competitive scene on Archeage is crucial to keeping the servers economy in check.

There is four versions of pvp in this game. The first type of pvp one that you can do almost by yourself.Things such as ganking packs, killing farmers in Auroria zones, Arenas and tiny bits of open world pvp.

The second type is small scale pvp. This means things like skirmishes in Auroria zones for Waters/Logs, finding random pvp in places with up to 20 people.

The third type is large scale. This means things like Halcyona, Mistmarrow, big raid fights no less than 30 people, fighting over mana towers with massive raids.

The fourth type is content pvp. This is drastically different than all types of pvp because they require different sets of skills. THings like Kraken, Red Dragon, Meina/Glenn, Anthalon, Dgs, etc.

Generally in a servers lifespan, pvp dies off starting at the fourth type and making its way down. There are rare occasions where the fourth type is alive, but the other 3 are not alive.

Currently on this server, the fourth and third type are extremely volatile. There is occasionally pvp at Anthalon, but its vastly dead. No one goes out to it. Halcyona and Mistmarrow often ends in stomps because one side gets their 10 kills or 100 tower quest done and then leaves or afks for the remainder of the time.

The second type is relatively alive, but has seen a small decrease in numbers. The first type almost never dies as long as there is at least 20 total pvpers on a server. Again, this kind of thing is normal. However because we have seen the same story over and over, our frustrations come from suggestions being made to fix both the third and fourth types without breaking the economy.

----If you didn't read anything else, please pay attention to this part.----

Thing such as luckies on world bosses, the Hasla fix, and the Honor gem change as been an attempt to keep the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th types of pvp alive as well as help players who are newer to pvp have a better time when going against these super competitive people.

I'm not going to go into these because I do not want this thread to get locked or this post to get removed, but that's where our frustrations come from.

This server caters heavily towards the casual carebear player. X4 labor and x2 growth rates are heaven for people who either want to do the first and second types of pvp, or don't want to pvp at all. Money is able to be gained at a much faster rate than anything else.

However in the grand scheme of things, this creates an imbalance between the two communities. If I were to take a rough guess, I would say (these are just numbers that I guessed, not actually factual) the server is comprised of 70% of people who don't want to do any pvp higher than the 2nd type, or do not want to pvp at all.

Because of this large imbalance, things like obtaining t6 weapons/armor become much harder to achieve because very little guilds do the bosses that give them.

The pvp community cries *dead game* for specific topics like this because we have seen what happens when a large group of pvpers leave the server. The problem is actually happening currently. Boss materials are extremely overpriced because no one is attempting these bosses, large scale events like Halcy and Mistmarrow often end 5 min after they start, regrade scrolls and archeum start going up because not many people are doing waters/logs, causing supply to shoot down.

Calling the server itself *dead* is an exaggeration. The server is by no means dead, but based on previous servers throughout the history of live, the path has been steering towards that.

I will give the team credit. The recent royal seed change and pvp tournament were amazing steps in the right direction for the health of this server. As it's been said before, we want this server to be the game Archeage was supposed to be, not just a slightly better version than trions. All we need is a tiny bit more steps in that direction to make those dreams come true and pull people from those live servers.

TLDR:we may come across as toxic, hostile, and loud, but I can tell you we love the game more than anyone else. We really do want this server to be good.

You lost me when you started trying to justify toxicity. Learn to pvp without being so toxic and maybe people will actually give a crap about the things you are crying about. PVPers have more than enough to do in the game and more than enough reward.

You are being greedy after already being handed things. You sound like the pirates demanding their carebear fishing stand on pirate isl. PVP life ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE THE EASY PATH. That's why the rewards are so big.

If you are suggesting balance by lowering difficulty and lowering rewards I agree with you. However, I doubt that's what you are looking for.
I suspect you want to pvp to pay your way while everyone else works to gear out.

You lost me when you started trying to justify toxicity. Learn to pvp without being so toxic and maybe people will actually give a crap about the things you are crying about. PVPers have more than enough to do in the game and more than enough reward.

You are being greedy after already being handed things. You sound like the pirates demanding their carebear fishing stand on pirate isl. PVP life ISNT SUPPOSED TO BE THE EASY PATH. That's why the rewards are so big.

If you are suggesting balance by lowering difficulty and lowering rewards I agree with you. However, I doubt that's what you are looking for.
I suspect you want to pvp to pay your way while everyone else works to gear out.

Why are you trying to make it sound like pvpers/end game content players need to make money? We don't need money, we already have the gear, all of us are within the top 100 in the gearscore list or close to. We need more players to come and participate within this aspect of the game with us. And the only way for that to happen is to allow an easier access of gear for the new players, because right now 10k for a divine is a struggle. Lowering rewards for this part of the game won't help anyone, boss mats are already inflated causing the cost to gear up to rise since no one does these anymore (everyone hates free farming). Don't hate on the end game content players, blame the system that's preventing people at the bottom of the ladder to catch up.

And before you say "we get more labour so it should be easier to gear up" yes you get more labour but also more people would rather use that labour instead of coming out and do end game content that involves pvp since they think it's not worth the time and effort.

I like how the admins are encouraging people to join the gladiator event like its their solution to all of these problems

Last edited:
Back