What's new

Will this game become p2w?

You lose the amount of people that would actually spent $$$ in turn then putting a lot of pressure on the Developers to keep the servers up.
The infrastructure needed to keep this up and maintained isn't always affordable, they could be spending anywhere from $400-$600 a month though to be honest(best plans under OVH - their service provider)

So I'm guessing Kakaou Games are going bankrupt? I'm guessing Blizzard went belly up with WoW? C'mon, you're making no sense. People would buy items like costumes, pets, mounts et cetera to keep the game alive. You don't have to put in items that "GIVE" those who have huge bank accounts an instant WIN.

So I'm guessing Kakaou Games are going bankrupt? I'm guessing Blizzard went belly up with WoW? C'mon, you're making no sense. People would buy items like costumes, pets, mounts et cetera to keep the game alive. You don't have to put in items that "GIVE" those who have huge bank accounts an instant WIN.
You're losing the point here lol.
Kakaou and Blizzard are different and ArcheRage is different.
With the amount of people that ArcheRage has, there is no guarantee people will even buy 1 credit if it had only costumes, pets, mounts and cosmetics.
I don't know how you see it as a win, you don't win in a game like this, there is no WIN there is only PROGRESS.

You're losing the point here lol.
Kakaou and Blizzard are different and ArcheRage is different.
With the amount of people that ArcheRage has, there is no guarantee people will even buy 1 credit if it had only costumes, pets, mounts and cosmetics.
I don't know how you see it as a win, you don't win in a game like this, there is no WIN there is only PROGRESS.

Talking to you is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even though you're losing, you're still going to continue to cluck around and sh/t all over the board in a victory dance. This is pointless and good day to you, sir.

You lose the amount of people that would actually spent $$$ in turn then putting a lot of pressure on the Developers to keep the servers up.
The infrastructure needed to keep this up and maintained isn't always affordable, they could be spending anywhere from $400-$600 a month though to be honest(best plans under OVH - their service provider)
also you have to account for the fact that patron is totally free and that its one less paywall in the game. Which makes the "company" depend more on the cash shop to support itself.

Each to their own, some people think its p2w, some don't. Everybody is allowed to have a different opinion. Nobody is here to prove themselves victor over an argument which has multiple sides to it.

Talking to you is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even though you're losing, you're still going to continue to cluck around and sh/t all over the board in a victory dance. This is pointless and good day to you, sir.
I like this guy and couldn't agree more, I love micro transactions it's a great way to support a company I have spent at least $100 in rocket league. But that isn't p2w, p2w ruins games.

Stop dodging and spamming bullshit! P2w where you can buy power. And this is not only pvp power.
- you can convert RM to in game currency and you can buy good items in game currency -> check
- you can buy strategic resources vs real money: charms, upgrade tickets, tax -> check
- you can buy "time " (= if you invest more money you will have time advantage. ) -> check
- you can buy high-end/high-tech items: 150 dollar packs in original version. high-end cars. "high-end" houses. -> check

Yes. AA is one of the worst p2w system. ArcheRage prices are lower but the core of the system is the same. Cheap =/= not exist. This is p2w too, but it will generate less problems. We don't have to buy patron service. "p2w" users have to sell many items because this items are cheap here. This items will have low price in AH and RM user can get less in game resources. Cheaper materials will generate faster progression in normal user groups too. Gear gap will be smaller. P2w? Yes? Unplayable? I don't think so.

I think that the value of cash shop items will be low because to many people bump 500-1000$ in the game.

The auction house is going to be extremely over-saturated with items from the rng boxes and the cash shop for a decent amount of time until people actually start using charms, regrade scrolls, points, etc. Buying that stuff off the people who are desperate enough to sell those things the first few days is one of the best investments you can make, similar to how APEX on the official fresh start servers go from less than 100g in the first few days to several hundred after a week or two. Especially since DGS and perdita have been/most likely will be nerfed, there will be alot less gold in circulation which mitigates the $:Gold ratio from PTW'ing. It won't be until players and guilds start amassing significant amounts of gold from castles/DGS farming/unnerfed perditas that PTW will start to become more effective because people will actually be able to buy up superior charms and lucky points, pushing the prices of those items up and increasing the $:gold ratio.
Sorry, I'm bored.

TLDR: There won't be enough gold in circulation for a while for PTW'ing to give you significant amounts of gold due to DGS/perdita nerfs.

Back