What's new

Request: Make Thunder Dash's base speed higher than 10 m/s

camigwenn

Pretty much title.

Back in Alpha I was one of the few people that actually got Thunder Dash, before they "equalized" all mounts.

My request is only to make Thunder Dash at least a base move speed of 10.5 or 11 m/s.

Why is one of the mounts you actually have to work for slower than the base horse? Doesn't make too much sense to me

Sorry if this post is in the wrong sub-forum.

Thanks!

I would love to have my Thunder dash have its move speed returned, however i doubt it will be done.

I agree and put this on my wishlist for the admins to look at. I advised the below:

Make mounts less normalized for the hard to get ones (Stormdarter, Earthen Roar, etc)
Basically anything that isn't obtainable for free or through the cash shop should have a slight advantage because they spent a LOT of time unlocking it while others have not and should be rewarded for that.

I don't own one but I do feel like it should be faster, it'd be good to see someone who focuses more on PvP have a mount that rewards that.

I don't see it harming anyone and I also don't feel like many people would be against it. I'm wondering if the staff actually have the power to alter things like this yet, I know they can dictate what they introduce to the game I don't think there's been any instance of them actually tweaking anything yet like treasure timers, mount speeds etc.

I hope it can be increased yes. Mounts aren't cosmetics only, having some of them faster than others when you have to work for them makes a lot of sense.

Base horse has 9m/s speed. "Advanced" mounts move faster (10m/s).
Ah, I stand corrected then.

But my main point still remains. Thunder Dash doesn't fall under "advanced" mounts, in my personal opinion.

It should fall under one step above that.

There is absolutely no reason a marketplace reindeer should be 15% faster than a mount you actually have to work for.

Heck I'm not even asking that it be as fast as the reindeer, a 1 m/s buff to mounts that take actual work to get would go a long ways, in terms of quality of life/player happiness.

Ah, I stand corrected then.

But my main point still remains. Thunder Dash doesn't fall under "advanced" mounts, in my personal opinion.

It should fall under one step above that.

There is absolutely no reason a marketplace reindeer should be 15% faster than a mount you actually have to work for.

Heck I'm not even asking that it be as fast as the reindeer, a 1 m/s buff to mounts that take actual work to get would go a long ways, in terms of quality of life/player happiness.

IN game farmed "high-end" mounts deserve small buff maybe. If you invest your time and in game resources you deserve something better than normal or "cash shop only" item or mount. 11 or 11,5 m/s would be nice...

IN game farmed "high-end" mounts deserve small buff maybe. If you invest your time and in game resources you deserve something better than normal or "cash shop only" item or mount. 11 or 11,5 m/s would be nice...

Definitely! Again, I understand the need to sell cash-shop mounts, it gives more money to the staff members to run the servers. And I'm 100% for that.

So even a 1 m/s speed increase to mounts you have to work for would be a huge, huge quality of life improvement.

Thunder dash has extra skills. And "Advanced" skills. Example: Thunder dash skill gives 80% movement speed buff instead of "Normal" 50% buffs.
The problem though, is that technically speaking. The mount you have to get before Thunder Dash, Storm Darter, is actually better than it's "evolved" form, Thunder Dash.

The problem though, is that technically speaking. The mount you have to get before Thunder Dash, Storm Darter, is actually better than it's "evolved" form, Thunder Dash.
True but it doesn't look like Scar on steroids, like a badman mount.

everyone runs around with reindeer mount because it is 11 ms base. Why wouldn't you spend credits to get this mount, currently the only one (I think) that goes that fast outside of being GL of a castle guild.

Thunderdash should be 11 ms, mine is in my bank or being used as backup only to my reindeer.

Pretty much title.

Back in Alpha I was one of the few people that actually got Thunder Dash, before they "equalized" all mounts.

My request is only to make Thunder Dash at least a base move speed of 10.5 or 11 m/s.

Why is one of the mounts you actually have to work for slower than the base horse? Doesn't make too much sense to me

Sorry if this post is in the wrong sub-forum.

Thanks!

Hello, Camigween!

We wont increase speed. 90 % of mounts have the same speed.
This was done by Europeans, as you noticed, therefore we believe this reasoned action.

Hello, Camigween!

We wont increase speed. 90 % of mounts have the same speed.
This was done by Europeans, as you noticed, therefore we believe this reasoned action.

I dont think this is fair for the mounts you have to earn like Black Arrow, boss mounts, Thunder dash etc.. Those should be moved up to 11.5% msg as an incentive to work harder for them. and nerf the reindeer to 10% ms like the rest of the mirage mounts. that would be the only 'Fair' course of action. Like why spend 500 gilda on a mount slower than one for 600 credits?

I dont think this is fair for the mounts you have to earn like Black Arrow, boss mounts, Thunder dash etc.. Those should be moved up to 11.5% msg as an incentive to work harder for them. and nerf the reindeer to 10% ms like the rest of the mirage mounts. that would be the only 'Fair' course of action. Like why spend 500 gilda on a mount slower than one for 600 credits?
Because credit = RM spending. This is the legacy of Trino. :)

GMs:
Best items in credit shop are bad things - bad practice. Make in game activity more valuable! This is not Trino's cancer server. You can change wrong things. Good item + instant buy = credit shop. Best item + many in game time and resources = in game items.

But any donate mount have the same speed.

Back