What's new

Suggestion to fix the land problem that drives away so many new players

One solution would be expanding certain housing zones, which the devs have claimed multiples times they are capable of doing but for some reason will not. Take the area in Northern White Arden for example. There is a HUGE area of absolutely barren and empty terrain between the actual housing zone and the public tree farm there. I sent a ticket with screenshots make the suggestion only to be told they can't do it because that land is occupied. It's not.
Zwr4igU.jpg

There are many places like this in the game actually and even more that are just zoned with strange gaps.
5WOmyt9.jpg

Opening places like this up could certainly help.

7 pages of people arguing about whether its easy to get land or not, when the bottom line is that a large portion of land is unused and paid off by inactive accounts because of the labor boost. Meaning the land that by nature is supposed to go away when players stop playing doesn't for a LOT of players. I have a plot next to me that has had the same three things on it for 2months. THIS IS WRONG. It should not be. Discard all your petty arguements about whether or not its hard to get land. The bottom line is it is undebatably wrong for people who have stopped playing to be able to retain all their land just in case someday they get bored and want to come back . That is unhealthy for the server. Period. There is absolutely not logical arguement you can make otherwise. You can only deflect to other topics. There needs to be something done to stop this from being possible, which is why I suggested materials going into tax certs. Inactive players will eventually go broke and be unable to do it and then have to make a decision whether they want to log in and make some money or just say fuck it.

I understand your concern completely.
Administration has discussed this and found that no change towards land ownership and taxes will be made at present, since these issues will mostly go away after 3.0 happens.

And for the solution related to how will new players farm before 3.0 hits, its already being worked on, as next project. :)
Can't say much, but it should be very nice once completed.

Would you remove a public fellowship plaza that's sustained in this manner? What about a well decorated RP tavern?

Either it should be removed, or staff should take control of it and make it a permanent fixture. But if a player stops playing for over a month or more, they should not be able to retain property for the sake of just having it. No. It hurts the game on the whole. There are always little things like what you mentioned above that live in a grey area but to be completely fair, if people want that fellowship or rp tavern, when it falls they will put up another in its spot or in another spot if someone else grabs it. Its the onus of the active players to provide for themselves.

I still think that the labor cost of tax certs should be increased to reflect the higher rate of labor earned here. I can't imagine why that wasn't done on day one? XLGames carefully balanced all of these labor inputs and outputs to create a working economy, and that balance is thrown out here on this server.

If a player wants to own a lot of land, or make buying and selling land his profession, then the labor should be used for that end. Not trade packs, purses, or whatever else. Holding and maintaining a big property should be a commitment. A decision where you have to weigh the pros and cons. Right now, there are no cons and the best strategy for everyone is to grab as much land as possible by hook or by crook and never give it up. Even after you quit playing apparently. That's not healthy for the game.

On retail AA, a player earns X labor / day, and a tax cert costs Y labor. Here, where players earn X*Z labor / day, a tax cert should cost Y*Z labor.

Totally agree , the labor to craft taxes should be increased, i left the game 1 month ago to wait for 3.0, and im still holding up 14 plots at solzreed just by prepaying everything with little to no labor

I am a new player just made it to 20 to scout out farms. After finding nothing remotely close to a 16x I gave up. After seeing 16x's being sold in Windscour it made me decide not to play on this server. I enjoy farming the most in this game. If I can't even find land on Windscour I will never find land on Aurioa.

I am a new player just made it to 20 to scout out farms. After finding nothing remotely close to a 16x I gave up. After seeing 16x's being sold in Windscour it made me decide not to play on this server. I enjoy farming the most in this game. If I can't even find land on Windscour I will never find land on Aurioa.
Are you freaking serious there are 8 properties going demo today that i know of get out of here with ur bullshit you didnt scout anything you just want some one to hand you land on a platter btw the devs allready said a million times that they are working on providing more land

btw the devs allready said a million times that they are working on providing more land

Yeah, 3.0 coming in December.... 2018 lol. Then again we'll probably get gem changes in 2019 once the server is belly up.

Yeah, 3.0 coming in December.... 2018 lol. Then again we'll probably get gem changes in 2019 once the server is belly up.
This is a land thread gems are a bit lower if you want to discuss those go there. On the land subject its not my fault people cant find it they are either blind, mentally handicapped, or plain lazy take your pick because there is land everywhere if you cant help your self dont expect others to do your foot work for you

My family (ingame) has bought 6 pieces of land this week, most of them were lower than 1k gold .......... I make that a day just by being lazy. If i try i can make well over 3k.

Oh and i started from a little 8x in Two Crowns, i slowly made my money but now im owning about 13 plots. Just because you cant, do not makes those who can suffer.

Tax isnt as easy as this thread is making out. I have to use an entire day of labour + the stipend. Just to pay half of my plots.

After seeing 16x's being sold in Windscour it made me decide not to play on this server
If I can't even find land on Windscour I will never find land on Aurioa.

But you did find land dude. It's just for sale. Not free. You have to be super lucky and very diligent to find land for free. You just want prime location land and you want it to be handed to you. This will never happen and it's foolish to think it ever will. If you "love" farming the most but wont put in any effort to reach the point where you will be able to start doing what you "love" then I don't want to know your mentality when it comes to other stuff this game offers.

You cannot get the best of the best land wise, ESPECIALLY with the server going on, what, 4 or 5 months now?

After seeing 16x's being sold in Windscour it made me decide not to play on this server
Yesterday went to a WS land grab. Two treehouses went down. Only 2 groups of friends competing for it. You'd of had a good chance of getting it if you weren't a bitch.

My family (ingame) has bought 6 pieces of land this week, most of them were lower than 1k gold .......... I make that a day just by being lazy. If i try i can make well over 3k.

Oh and i started from a little 8x in Two Crowns, i slowly made my money but now im owning about 13 plots. Just because you cant, do not makes those who can suffer.

Tax isnt as easy as this thread is making out. I have to use an entire day of labour + the stipend. Just to pay half of my plots.

This is 100% irrelevant. The point of this thread, is that players who have effectively quit the game, should not be able to just log in once every two weeks burn labor and pay taxes. I cannot even estimate how many "dead" plots there are in this game being upheld in this fashion at the moment.

This is 100% irrelevant. The point of this thread, is that players who have effectively quit the game, should not be able to just log in once every two weeks burn labor and pay taxes. I cannot even estimate how many "dead" plots there are in this game being upheld in this fashion at the moment.

If players are following the rules and paying all the taxes, there is no sense to take their land from them. If player is keeping land and paying taxes, that means he's most likely going to return back to game.
Also, we can't be sure in the reasons, person is not playing daily. There are some cases, when player is leaving for holidays or vacation, or just moving to another place and that is limiting his game play for some time. Nobody will be happy to loose his lands due to it.

Sometimes i have 2 16x16 empty just to drop packs there, when i do trade runs they got empty and i need to farm more larders.

The "land crisis" is bullshit. I picked up two treehouse demos, and a two 16x16 farms in White Arden this week. Not a single soul was there to fight me for the plots.

People are not quitting because of some perceived land shortage. They are quitting because of the credit problems. Are we ever going to get a fix for this?!

The "land crisis" is bullshit. I picked up two treehouse demos, and a two 16x16 farms in White Arden this week. Not a single soul was there to fight me for the plots.

People are not quitting because of some perceived land shortage. They are quitting because of the credit problems. Are we ever going to get a fix for this?!

Yep and 15 people were there to grap it. I know this, cause i was there also... Your answer is bullshit. So you got 4 Big buildings/Farms. This is a no go!

It should be like: 2 Houses/Farms and 1 Workstation of any kind for each account...

and Which "credits problem"? Oo

Expanding the housing areas doesn't solve the problem. It's just more land for the people who already own 10+ properties to grab up.

The problem is tax certs are inexpensive with the additional labor generation, allowing people to own too many buildings at once. An easy solution is to ramp up the penalty for owning multiple pieces of land, until it's literally impossible to own more than a few pieces.

Couple that with cracking down on known landhackers who use macros to place land, and the problem is alleviated somewhat.

As is, I would love to financially support this game, but I'm withholding because the land situation is too big of a problem, and if it isn't fixed, I don't know that I'm going to play here long-term.

As is, I would love to financially support this game, but I'm withholding because the land situation is too big of a problem, and if it isn't fixed, I don't know that I'm going to play here long-term.

If you want to "financially support this game" or in other words P2W, what's your issue with P2Wing and buying land? Do you just hate participating in the in-game economy so much that you don't want to have any transactions with other players, but transactions with the server owners are fine?

If you want to "financially support this game" or in other words P2W, what's your issue with P2Wing and buying land? Do you just hate participating in the in-game economy so much that you don't want to have any transactions with other players, but transactions with the server owners are fine?
Entirely my own business.

Back