What's new

Suggestion to fix the land problem that drives away so many new players

Land for sale does not help new players. The fact that land is being sold from land grabers is the issue and till this is stopped this server is not going to make it. I had several people join with me and after a week they said "nope same problem here as with the official servers how can they not have fixed this yet". Now they don't play so there goes an entire guild of new players poof.

Just yesterday a new player walked into White arden and found a 16 that had demo'd and no one bothered to grab it. Land grabbers might be more common in high demand areas like two crowns or hellswamp ect, but, new players dont need prime land starting out nor do I think they are entitled to it. If your issue is with the land grabbers, instead of trying to raise weekly taxes ect on held lands, why not increase the taxes for placing land over a certain amount to make it so the land grabbers are limited on how many lands they can grab/hold in a day? Raising weekly taxes only hurts the legit players because land grabbers rarely hold the lands for more then a day or so before selling it so weekly taxes dont hurt them, only placement taxes will.

Or, The admin team can crack down on said land grabbers that have been reported... many reports have gone in but the same ppl continue to grab land and sell it. Also, I have not seen the land grabbers in areas like white arden, dewstone, mari ect, if you need land to get started maybe check those areas regularly, take note of any being demo'd and be there when they go down. I think its unrealistic to expect to just walk up to a prime area and expect there to be open land, that would indicate a dead server imo.

I stand behind my statement of there is land to be had if you look in low demand areas and put in the effort to snag them. Increasing taxes is not the answer here. No one started out with large amounts of land, unless you were one of the treehouse people. New players are capable of earning money without having land, sunken treasure, selling regrades for example, completing merit dailies, doing trade runs using specialty packs for resources and selling the resources....mining, coin purses.. just to name a few. Take your place in the economy, earn your gold, buy your land like everyone else. Land should not be handed to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Hi, I am considering joining the server in the coming update but it seems like the housing issue is bad.

Any of you guys ever wondered if those landgrabbers are Trion sending one guy over here and then just grabbing everything using the hack?

Hi, I am considering joining the server in the coming update but it seems like the housing issue is bad.

Any of you guys ever wondered if those landgrabbers are Trion sending one guy over here and then just grabbing everything using the hack?
Nah, I think Trion has better things to do then land grab lol. The housing issue isnt really that bad imo, ppl just like to cry. Give the server a try, its not bad if your willing to put in the effort and land grabbers are not nearly as active as they used to be. I'm sure there will be a rush for the new land in 3.0 but that means more land opens up in the main continents.

Nah, I think Trion has better things to do then land grab lol. The housing issue isnt really that bad imo, ppl just like to cry. Give the server a try, its not bad if your willing to put in the effort and land grabbers are not nearly as active as they used to be. I'm sure there will be a rush for the new land in 3.0 but that means more land opens up in the main continents.

Sounds good. I watched the video interview regarding Trion vs private servers and since they can't do anything legally right now, I thought they would do everything they could to make the private server fail lol. Besides, refreshing taxes from initial landgrabbing is way faster/cheaper than a lawyer i guess.

There is no land problem anyone can get free land it might take a few days but if you put in the work you will get land everyone needs to stop with this crap on here this is getting really old you come here qq about land issues for what??? higher taxes on land??? That will just hurt you in the long run. so what if there are land hoggers they arent stoping you from getting land you dont even need to buy it just spend time looking for it so just stop wasting devs time with your petty bullshit

There is no land problem anyone can get free land it might take a few days but if you put in the work you will get land everyone needs to stop with this crap on here this is getting really old you come here qq about land issues for what??? higher taxes on land??? That will just hurt you in the long run. so what if there are land hoggers they arent stoping you from getting land you dont even need to buy it just spend time looking for it so just stop wasting devs time with your petty bullshit

Sounds like we have a land baron right here!

Sounds like we have a land baron right here!
Sound like we have an idiot right here! I'm a new player that went and found land and showed people proof that there is land to be had everywhere when morons like you qq about there being no land when in fact they just dont look, i understand it must be hard for your generation when you tube or google doesn't hold your hand but you are supposed to play the game not have it played for you and that involves looking for land yourself, also nice tinfoil hat can you make me one i like shiny things

It would be reasonably simple to open up new housing zones in areas. Theres a whole load of this game that isn't used.

Hell if it were up to me you would be able to place houses anywhere. why we all living/farming in dense clusters anyway?

Sound like we have an idiot right here! I'm a new player that went and found land and showed people proof that there is land to be had everywhere when morons like you qq about there being no land when in fact they just dont look, i understand it must be hard for your generation when you tube or google doesn't hold your hand but you are supposed to play the game not have it played for you and that involves looking for land yourself, also nice tinfoil hat can you make me one i like shiny things

lol living in your own world i see. would be nice if you actually read what i typed. well anyway, let's just stop here.

Sounds good. I watched the video interview regarding Trion vs private servers and since they can't do anything legally right now, I thought they would do everything they could to make the private server fail lol. Besides, refreshing taxes from initial landgrabbing is way faster/cheaper than a lawyer i guess.

If something like that happened it would be an easy fix. Plus it would just negatively effect their company when the news got out. They don't need anymore than they already generate with their ponzi scheme cash shop mechanics.

As a new player, I can tell you the land situation is a huge problem. It really does make a new player want to walk away from the game. I've spent quite a bit of time riding around looking for an open 16x16 and so far nothing. The game is covered with unused farms. People get greedy and grab land they don't need and never use. It negatively impacts the game economy. Just have a look at the auction house. With a 4x labor rate, the auction house should be filled with affordable mats for people to purchase for projects. But since people aren't using the land they have, the AH is very limited and what is available for purchase has been greatly inflated in price. People who want to contribute to the game economy cannot because of the current setup.

We have to be real about the big problem with the server configuration. You cannot give free patron, 4x labor regen, and not place some kind of restriction on properties. Maybe you limit how many people can have. Maybe you come up with some kind of "use it or lose it" feature that will demo a farm if it isn't used.

It wouldn't hurt to eliminate prepaid taxes.

I've spent quite a bit of time riding around looking for an open 16x16 and so far nothing.

Why do you all have to be pioneers and be the person to place the land? The server has been up for several months now, of course there is no free land.
Just do something to make gold and buy a cheap plot.

Why do you all have to be pioneers and be the person to place the land? The server has been up for several months now, of course there is no free land.
Just do something to make gold and buy a cheap plot.

And why should we buy land from a squatter? They offer zero value to the game. Sorry but I don't reward that kind of behavior. If a legit user is selling off their land because they are moving or just getting rid of excess properties then that is a different story. The problem is that squatters consume all the remaining space which inflates land prices. I'd rather just wait for 3.0 and these useless individuals can go play in traffic.

You should buy the land because you want it, and they have it.
That's Archeage....and life, actually.
Some people like being real estate agents, as well.

With AA's history of land hacks, I don't buy land from these people. If they want to play real estate agent then good luck to them. Especially when 3.0 comes out. Again, they offer no value to the game.

With AA's history of land hacks, I don't buy land from these people. If they want to play real estate agent then good luck to them. Especially when 3.0 comes out. Again, they offer no value to the game.
Well problem solved ain't it? Btw i can sell you land I'm a farmer that sells on ah just have one property that i don't use so you can buy it im not a landbaron so you shouldn't have a problem buying it from me

Just going to chime in here. I have been playing just about 8 days now and have managed to secure 2 16x16s and a manor. The issue is that all the most sought after land is taken and won't be freed up easily. It seems that many new players are not actually looking for land so much as a prime spot to own land.

If you are intent on finding open land there it is actually there, just not in the best spots.

Back