What's new

Anything 3.5 related

Did you guys know the abyssal difference between full Erenor stuff and others one ?

Stop just talking about weapon, we talking about whole Erenor.

All piece of Erenor gave 3 stats, futhermore, erenor don't break and you can randomise it always.

Erenor is the ultimate stuff of Archeage, the last goal, did you guys understand that ?

Erenor begun the fall of Official server, gs difference was abyssal, some ppl was 15k gs and literrally one shot some players.

You guys just want to be 15k gs, kill the server and play with a little community of 200 players ?

Erenor nerf is a good thing, stop crying about it.

Did you guys know the abyssal difference between full Erenor stuff and others one ?

All piece of Erenor gave 3 stats, futhermore, erenor don't break and you can randomise it always.

Erenor is the ultimate stuff of Archeage, the last goal, did you guys understand that ?

Erenor begun the fall of Official server, gs difference was abyssal, some ppl was 15k gs and literrally one shot some players.

You guys just want to be 15k gs, kill the server and play with a little community of 200 players ?

You say the armor is he problem and yet it only received a 5% nerf where as the weapons took a 10% hit. You either agree with me in that a 5% nerf is ok but 10% is not, or you think erenor armor should be nerfed from 5% to 10%. Either way good job using facts and statistics in your argument other than your personal opinion.

You clearly didn’t play retail. Even now players don’t run full erenor armor because of the cost + better alternatives namely Hiram.

If you actually looked at live players with legendary t7 didn’t switch to erenor until it was legendary, people with mythic t7 didn’t switch till they could get mythic erenor.

Simply removing the usefulness of a piece of gear from the game is not how you nerf something. A proper nerf is either locking it at a tier that is as good as legendary t7/mythic t7 on this server without making it cost more than those. Or maybe slightly more not 300,000 gold more.

Such a solution would look like locking erenor to epic grade OR adding crit frost to erenor OR making it 5%.

If you want to argue about nerfing something you don’t bring it to a lower tier than weapons already on the server and then make that worse gear cost more than that of the better weapons.

3 additionnal stats of Erenor can compensate that, i don't remember the better pts stats for a weapon but that was already too much

You clearly didn’t play retail. Even now players don’t run full erenor armor because of the cost + better alternatives namely Hiram.

If you actually looked at live players with legendary t7 didn’t switch to erenor until it was legendary, people with mythic t7 didn’t switch till they could get mythic erenor.

Simply removing the usefulness of a piece of gear from the game is not how you nerf something. A proper nerf is either locking it at a tier that is as good as legendary t7/mythic t7 on this server without making it cost more than those. Or maybe slightly more not 300,000 gold more.

Such a solution would look like locking erenor to epic grade OR adding crit frost to erenor OR making it 5%.

If you want to argue about nerfing something you don’t bring it to a lower tier than weapons already on the server and then make that worse gear cost more than that of the better weapons.

This is my absolute biggest issue at the moment. No one can blame them for nerfing erenor to be only slightly better or the same as obsidian in terms of how well it will preform, however, this 10% nerf literally makes it worse than obsidian and cost more, why even add it in at that point.

3 additionnal stats of Erenor can compensate that, i don't remember the better pts stats for a weapon but that was already too much
It’s not 3 additional stats? It’s 2 stats which is the same as t7 (say str/agility) and like 2% crit rate.

You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. Also don’t even try to compare 2% crit rate to 23% crit damage. Cold anguish gives more than that lol

No matter what max tier erenor should be stronger than max tier t7 and it’s not.

stop acting as if you have no spare 10 minutes to do packs and or plant/pick an experia farm.
if you didn't have time for such simple tasks none of you would play an mmorpg that archeage is.

guild levels will give all members custom buffs so work for it.

I'm not acting like I don't have that time at all, but to punish us per DAY? Skipping a single day of a minimum time-frame fucks you for TWO WEEKS. If you have an active dozen players and one person screws up, you're set back 14 days of guild XP. If you have 30 active players and everyone assumes someone else is going to contribute, or you have to work late and completely forget to even log in for a single day, you just set the guild back a full week. That's like you working for a full year, but missing a single day of work means you lose your entire next paycheck. People came here to play a massively multiplayer online role-playing GAME that they didn't have to treat like a job, and this change is doing literally that. This is attaching a job requirement to the life of a guild in a video game.

How many patch between Hiram & Erenor ?

Ask XL why Hiram didn't be released before Erenor lol

I mean, we know why Hiram wasn't released before Erenor: Hiram was to fix the economic problem caused by 3.5's Cargo system and crafting changes that ruined the economy by making new and returning players incapable of gearing up in a timely fashion.

@Xith I'm 100% with you, no point of releasing erenor if you will nerf it that hard. Please admin take this in consideration !

Last edited:
I find it quite funny that there's several complaining about the Guild exp changes. 29 Guilds rank 6+, all of them with 36 members or more. Some of those in the top 20 full of alts (only to use the guild as castle blocker). There's no way that out of 36 members+, 3 or 4 of those can't spend 5mins of their window of playtime to complete 1 of 5 guild quests. Please, use your brain, how is it possible that 1.5k exp is not achievable? In any case if it's impossible, maybe you shouldn't have a rank 6 guild.

Guilds getting some boost to get more worth of those hard worker members is something good. Gives better value out of a high rank guild and makes it possible to work towards something as a group. Once more guilds reach rank 7 it will take really active members to keep the guild alive.

I find it quite funny that there's several complaining about the Guild exp changes. 29 Guilds rank 6+, all of them with 36 members or more. Some of those in the top 20 full of alts (only to use the guild as castle blocker). There's no way that out of 36 members+, 3 or 4 of those can't spend 5mins of their window of playtime to complete 1 of 5 guild quests. Please, use your brain, how is it possible that 1.5k exp is not achievable? In any case if it's impossible, maybe you shouldn't have a rank 6 guild.

Use YOUR brain and do the math. You can only earn a finite amount of guild XP per day per person (doing bare minimum 4 Sunflower experia patches, a world boss, bunker, and 5 packs is 170). All of that alone is way more than 5 minutes, and 3-4 people doing the full 170 guild XP I listed a day is only 680. Congrats, by your example you just downgraded your level 6 guild. It would take 14 people doing the 5 packs and a bunker to match the 1200 guild XP minimum, but as I'm about to bring up: we should not be punishing players for having lives, especially if they spent the last year building their guild up on their own free time.

I personally work 8-10 hours a day and only have 2-3 hours to myself, the last thing I want to do during the week is have to get home and treat a video game like a job by waiting 2+ hours for the next CR/GR that isn't interrupted by reds and waiting for a bunker to be up at the right time, all while I do personal shit in my day-to-day life like cook food for my family, clean the house, and clean myself up to be presentable to the outside world. I know for a fact a plethora of players in this game are in a similar boat. You're telling us that we should make this our second job, and our response is going to be a resounding "fuck you". I'm not even in a level 5+ guild and I think it's bullshit.

If your guild misses ONE DAY, they have to get this new bare minimum of 1200 guild XP a day for 14 more days to catch up to where they were before, and if they miss another day, they lose another 2 weeks. You find it funny people are complaining about guild XP changes? I find it funny people like you lack empathy to think outside of their own situation to realize how bad an idea is. If you're at work and put on a team of 13 people for the month of February, but one of you gets sick and can't come in to work, all 13 of you don't get paid for the last 2 weeks of work. Does that sound fair to you?

The ONLY reason I can see this being a meaningful kind of system is if it is only applied to guilds that own castles, but not in the way of guild XP. People want activity from castle owners and want castles to change hands? Make them do something in-game or else castle gets vacated. But punishing people who built up their guild for the last year for having a life outside of a video game is bullshit and you know it.

I'm not at all familiar with the changes so I've been mainly trying to absorb what those who have been there are saying. A few thoughts:

It seems to me that the changes to guild xp are intended to either reduce and/or eliminate larger guilds, unless those who run it are willing to treat it like a job.

Also, as primarily a solo player, the number of options for making wealth seem....sub-optimal. I actually like fishing (specifically fresh-water fishing) as a way to use labor, though the cost/return ratio is so low that it's border-line ... at best.

You do realize this is not a game of 14 members guild right? Because if it is, that's a casual rank 5 guild as max. I completely understand this is a damn game and you dont need to sacrifice your 2h of play time or your life into maintaining a guild rank 6. But please make me see reason then, what in the heavens do you use a rank 6 guild for? Tempest lunagem? Where again you need to do guild quest to get prestige and by default you're leveling your guild?

There's lots of examples of guilds with 3-4 members active daily that only log in and do some prestige and then log out. One of those has more than 70 members, big example? HCIC, top 20. You can see 3 -4 members online, and yeah it's been hard work for some of them to be in there, but should a one-man guild be there and receive the bonuses of all the 90+ members guild? No.

Thank you for making me use my brain a bit more, you're right it doesn't take 3-4 members to maintain it rank 6, if the changes go thru, still doesn't change the fact that it's a good thing. More alive guilds, less stupid hiding domms, and less idiots creating guilds to distance the factions even more.

The problem I see is that certain guilds have members who have lives and earned their level 6/7 guild before this change was put into place, and are now about to be punished for having lives in the first place. I understand the sentiment behind them wanting to remove alt guilds, but this punishes high level guilds that don't have infinite amounts of time to play the game since it isn't the summer or winter anymore.

Yes, my guild would be one of those "Certain Guilds" you mentioned... We have Lifers :D
After Feb 2018... Dead guild, everyone gone, only me and 3 others logging daily in to pay tax certificate, do some gilda/merit/guild/family dailies for a few mins (Does not take long at all), have a chat and then leave. Just as everyone goes back to WORK or SCHOOL, right??

Yet I don't mind the idea of this "Guild Tax" as it were. It doesn't take long to complete all the necessary Qs, or you can pick and choose whatever ones are easiest for you and then make up the difference with Experia patches... Which if your land is going to be sitting doing nothing you may as well plant them; they are big enough that you don't really have to care about placing them accurately.

This also solves the problem of ppl complaining about other people's properties sitting with nothing planted on them all day everyday... they gonna be filled with experias now. That's good becuase I'm sick of people crying that there is no land around and saying that ppl is being asses if they don't plant anything on it like... it's their land they can do what they want with it and you don't know if they've used it lots in the past and just aren't now or anything....
That aside though....

Lke it was said...
plant 1 or 2 pine experia every day, and you can easily keep your level with 5-10 people. no need to do the quests :p

Let's be honest if your guild solely composed of ppl who have LIVES and you don't got any ppl who are "No-Lifers" or just people who have more time to spare and can basically have the guild up-keep... you doing something wrong and your guild would have just died anyways xD

I just dun see how it's a problem... the bigger the guild the more capacity they should have to be able to work together to keep the guild level up even if SOME players in the guild disappear even during the QUIET times...
This is only an issue then for small guilds with tight knit players and a high guild rank

More to the point even when you aren't "playing" the game you will already be logging in daily at least to craft Tax Certificate and pay for your houses/properties, otherwise it's just a waste of labor... and then when you do that it's so EASY to pick up an Experia plant that I again remind you is VERY CHEAP....

And then if you logged in anyways you will do daily Q's, many of which give gold for BASICALLY NO TIME INVESTMENT AT ALL which BASICALLY pay for the Experia

If you not doing it like that and just completely dropping the game when you go back to LIFE, you doing it wrong...
Lost Gilda... Lost Merits... Lost Vocation... Lost Gold... Lost Property/Land maybe(!?)... list goes on
and now it's just Lost Guild Rank added to the list

-----------------------------

Look at how cheap Experia are to make:
unknown.png

These are the costings 1 Week Worth of Experia for 1 Person... The cost on the far right is for PER EXPERIA
So I mean if you really are a Level 6/7 Guild, realistically you can afford this small-change gold cost xD
Like look at how cheap a Pine keeping in mind the amount of XP you get...

And the problem you talking about... if ppl don't upkeep the XP...
If you have an active dozen players and one person screws up, you're set back 14 days of guild XP. If you have 30 active players and everyone assumes someone else is going to contribute, or you have to work late and completely forget to even log in for a single day, you just set the guild back a full week.

This is a non-issue because like I said earlier if ppl REALLY are wanting to keep the guild level they will expend JUST A FEW LABOR POINTS to harvest one experia... like... that's easy to keep track of because you can just look at a farm and go
Oh those things ARE STILL THERE???? better pick them or we miss the XP requirement...

You making it sound like it is a Prisoner's Dilenma problem in regards to doing Guild Qs
"rah rah, it will be better for me if someone else does them so I will not spend a SMALL amount of gold and VERY FEW LABOR POINTS to contribute... But then everyone will think like that an no one will do it, hmm???"
But it's not like that at all...
If you really cared about your guild you'd just do the stuff... just like how ppl really care about their land so they log in and pay land taxes, duh

Frankly also if you were in a guild that you didn't want to contribute even a SMALL amount too,,,, like one Pine experia a day... were you really committed to them in the end????

----------------------------

I agree with you here !

Guilds getting some boost to get more worth of those hard worker members is something good. Gives better value out of a high rank guild and makes it possible to work towards something as a group. Once more guilds reach rank 7 it will take really active members to keep the guild alive.
:):):)

Fact: Experia are cheap and harvesting them are Cheap.
Fact: You still earn Guild XP for harvesting the Experia even if you have already completed the Experia Patch Q for the day, so, anyone can pick it up.

So this statement:
Use YOUR brain and do the math. You can only earn a finite amount of guild XP per day per person (doing bare minimum 4 Sunflower experia patches, a world boss, bunker, and 5 packs is 170). All of that alone is way more than 5 minutes, and 3-4 people doing the full 170 guild XP I listed a day is only 680. Congrats, by your example you just downgraded your level 6 guild. It would take 14 people doing the 5 packs and a bunker to match the 1200 guild XP minimum, but as I'm about to bring up: we should not be punishing players for having lives, especially if they spent the last year building their guild up on their own free time.

is just flat out wrong.
You can get as much XP as Experias you are able to plant and harvest

Which I REMIND YOU SEEING MY ABOVE POST, are VERY CHEAP and EASY TO DO, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE LOGGING IN CRAFTING TAXES FOR YOUR LAND WHICH WOULD BE SITTING EMPTY ANYWAYS

-----------------------------

I see some stuff in this thread that's wrong. One comparing items at eternal isn't how its supposed to be done. As its always been divine ayanad is comparable to epic t6 obs. Crafted gear has always been a step above obsidian in terms of base damage to even out the bonus effects you get from obsidian gear. Next issue I see an argument that erenor nerf is okay because you have a weapon that can be upgraded nonstop making you essentially set. This argument is only true if your 1 out of havockitty players in the game. Someone said a mythic t7 is a million gold and legendary erenor is half that price? I'm not sure where they got that fact from but that's pretty wrong. Also, people that don't contribute anything to the argument that just say "lol erenor op nerf pls" are part of the issue too.

As was mentioned before me plenty of times a better way to nerf erenor without making the weapons in specific worthless is to only reduce the base damage by -5%. There are other methods, however, such as increasing the XP needed to get erenor to epic>legendary. Or just straight up capping it at epic(this one is probably harder to pull off). As it stands erenor would be marginally worse than leg t7 which would be its natural comparison. -10% disrupts the trend that crafted weapons have always had which is to have higher base damage than its obsidian counterpart.

I see some stuff in this thread that's wrong. One comparing items at eternal isn't how its supposed to be done. As its always been divine ayanad is comparable to epic t6 obs. Crafted gear has always been a step above obsidian in terms of base damage to even out the bonus effects you get from obsidian gear. Next issue I see an argument that erenor nerf is okay because you have a weapon that can be upgraded nonstop making you essentially set. This argument is only true if your 1 out of havockitty players in the game. Someone said a mythic t7 is a million gold and legendary erenor is half that price? I'm not sure where they got that fact from but that's pretty wrong. Also, people that don't contribute anything to the argument that just say "lol erenor op nerf pls" are part of the issue too.

As was mentioned before me plenty of times a better way to nerf erenor without making the weapons in specific worthless is to only reduce the base damage by -5%. There are other methods, however, such as increasing the XP needed to get erenor to epic>legendary. Or just straight up capping it at epic(this one is probably harder to pull off). As it stands erenor would be marginally worse than leg t7 which would be its natural comparison. -10% disrupts the trend that crafted weapons have always had which is to have higher base damage than its obsidian counterpart.
If you are referring to me on those numbers, I said a Mythic t7 is half of a legendary Erenor, Legendary Erenor costing 1million+ gold and Mythic t7 being around 500k. I believe those numbers to be a fair "Estimate"

Back