What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I don't macro my mounts, I have it set to "G" to mount, and "Shift G "to invince, its easy. I also have like 14 ping tho

Last edited:
if possible dont put the new skill tree they will kill many of our builds. dont know if other people think the same but having to change classes, gear and basically everything just to try something new might turn down many.

Also please raise vehicle HP and maybe their resistances/defenses please. Cars are already one shots as of 3.5/4.0, and it only gets worse in future patches.

I'll add to this for why: Cars haven't had their HP changed since 2.0. Around 2.0, the meta was around 3k gear score, and not a lot of things did siege damage, nor did many people own siege vehicles. Around 3.5 on BOTH live and this server, one arc lightning or godswhip or precision strike from a geared player can one shot a car. In 4.5, more things will do siege damage, such as dragons, and gear tiers will go higher. Cars have not changed. Right now it doesn't even matter if you can defend your packs, people can just grief you with one shotting your vehicle and that's it, you're done, the pack pinata burst and now they win and you lose. Or you get in a respawn and vehicle roulette to keep killing eachothers haulers and respawning, running back and doing it all over. Mounts on this server have no issue keeping up with cars, and with Rampages being the meta and going slightly slower than a Redwood Roadster, cars no longer have the advantage of being able to blitz packs through pvp zones which is what justified the high craft cost versus low pack limit.

Last edited:
Glad im not the only one who feels the skill changes killed a lot, its one of my biggest hates of 4.5 along with hiram, because hiram seems to surpass obsidian and its 'safer' which means why go obsidian lol

I think you hate the skill changes more because you don’t understand them, not because they are bad. The whole point is to make new and more interesting classes viable.
This. I think people are scared of change. I would rather see some tweaks to 4.5 skill changes than gutted completely. I want the meta to change. Also, Malediction & Swiftblade won’t make sense later if these changes don’t start in 4.5

Last edited:
I think most (not all) people excited for 4.5 haven't played it before. The game basically died after it's release. There's really no discussion about whether or not it's good. Once everybody quit, the patch results spoke volumes. Not to mention, that's why tons of people flocked to this server. The live server sucked. Now here we are, proceeding with the patches and creating a server that already exists and is liked by very few.

DON'T REMOVE FACTION CHAT. I don't know how I can survive losing a source of attention.
I think that what we need is an "alliance chat".
It makes no sense that, to communicate with allied PN faction, we need to use a chat that is readable by half of Pirates and of the non-allied PN.

4.5 is planned to be released in approx 1 month. Can be a bit less or more. The exact date will be posted later as right now we are still working on some of the updates and can't confirm how much time completing some of them may take.
Is it not too close to the previous update?

I am looking forward to 4.5! Some suggestions:

1. Keep guild members cap to 100.
2. Keep labor cost for trade packs at 50 (I think in 4.5 is 80)
3. Keep the trade pack materials the same (at least for fertilizer packs)
4. Do not remove Faction chat.

Side note, it would greatly help if you increase the deliver price of trade packs to the old NPCs. Like, if you get a pack from Cinderstone to Gweonid, you get around 7 or 8 gold if I remember well. That is too low. If the gold earned from old NPCs increased, we would have more options to where to deliver = more fun to do trade runs.

Side note, it would greatly help if you increase the deliver price of trade packs to the old NPCs. Like, if you get a pack from Cinderstone to Gweonid, you get around 7 or 8 gold if I remember well. That is too low. If the gold earned from old NPCs increased, we would have more options to where to deliver = more fun to do trade runs.

7g from Cinder to Gweonid is if pack price is at 70% x) Which probably happens every Saturday cuz of the TR event.

Keep 4.0 Gods whip, you can change the scaling to 4.5 stats but don't give us 4.5 Gods whip where mages can't weave anymore.
KEEP GODS WHIP WEAVING

Some really crap, braindead changes that need to ****not**** happen in 4.5:

Avoidance calculations. Evasion, parry, shieldblock. These are perfectly fine the way they are now. Having the stats be additive and rolling between them is a great system. The way the 4.5 system works is utter bunk. "• Each effect (Miss, Evasion, Shield Block, Parry, Critical Hit, Normal Hit) is calculated by their specific rate separately." Having critical and normal calculate on their own is fine, but avoidance stats should remain additive.

Shield block reduction. Stupid. Needs to not happen. Literally erases the point of having a shield in the first place if you take 40% damage on a successful shield block and receive the debuff of the blocked skill. The literal definition of a BLOCK is complete and utter negation. Why the heck would anyone mess with this? " • Adjusted the Shield Block effect: Reduces damage by 60% and players can receive the debuff (down from 100% and immunity to debuff)." Because yes, lets keep giving darkrunners MORE power. That's a good idea...

Gods Whip Animation cancel removal. I suspect this was done through a rewrite of how the hidden Gods Whip Buff works. The buff lasts for around 2 seconds and gets refreshed every time you cast gods whip again. For those two seconds, other instant cast skills can be thrown in, and then another gods whip can be cast. This is how the animation cancel is created. Godswhips do not trigger a global cooldown, and while under the effect of the buff, gods whips can be cast even under a global cooldown. So you are able to cast instant cast skills or low cast time skills, trigger a GCD, then reset it with another gods whip. THIS NEEDS TO REMAIN IN THE GAME. It is one of the extremely minimal tools that mages have in their belt. Stop. Nerfing. God. Damn. Mages. Please. Simple fix...leave the current iteration of the buff in the game.

Intelligence and Agility Evasion, Stamina shield block. These should provide 0.020% to evasion and shield block respectively, not the piss poor 0.011% and 0.016% that they currently do. If strength is going to get massive parry rates (which every darkrunner is going to be stacking), then DPS archers and mages should be granted the same evasion rates, and tanks should be granted the ability to block. Why is it that a STR based DPS is going to have an extreme chance of screwing over a low STR but high STA specc'd tank's attacks with a parry, but an equivalent STA spec'd TANK is not going to carry the same shield block rates as the attacking DPS's parry? And on that same vein of thought, why are STR based DPS's allowed to remain ruler's of the roost with the highest parry rates, while AGI and INT based DPS classes have lower chances of evading things? What sense does this make? The skill trees and stats are supposed to be BALANCED. Lets actually put some balance into the game.

I have 60% evasion unbuffed, archers don't need any more evasion. 4.5 removes a 10% evasion passive but that'd still keep me at 50%.
Don't buff the rates for everything to get it on par with 1 class, instead bring down the one that is out of reach to the others.

Idk why people suggest skill or stat changes. I started here 1 1/2 years ago and have never seen the devs adjust a skill or stat to improve balance, with the exception of the mooonster poop.

I have 60% evasion unbuffed, archers don't need any more evasion. 4.5 removes a 10% evasion passive but that'd still keep me at 50%.
Don't buff the rates for everything to get it on par with 1 class, instead bring down the one that is out of reach to the others.

Normally I would agree, but consider this:

With lower rates across the board, you are effectively preventing classes from specializing in what they are supposed to specialize in. For example, you would expect a tanky individual to be able to block a lot of skills. You would expect a master swordsman to parry a lot of skills. And you would expect a master archer or speedy mage to be evasive towards skills.

Why handicap that? It would create an excellent dynamic and combat would actually be fun for once.

Idk why people suggest skill or stat changes. I started here 1 1/2 years ago and have never seen the devs adjust a skill or stat to improve balance, with the exception of the mooonster poop.
The skill changes and stat changes both make sense. They are much better. It just sucks for the people wearing epic T6 obsidian and can't cloak their gear to the correct stat. In addition to this, mages are OP in 4.5. No need to make custom adjustments for them outside of a nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back