What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The skill changes and stat changes both make sense. They are much better. It just sucks for the people wearing epic T6 obsidian and can't cloak their gear to the correct stat. In addition to this, mages are OP in 4.5. No need to make custom adjustments for them outside of a nerf.

Every need to make custom adjustments for them. Mages have been continually nerfed since 3.0. Meanwhile darkrunners have ruled the entire game since 2.0.

Why handicap that? It would create an excellent dynamic and combat would actually be fun for once.

I don't consider RNG damage avoidance dynamic and fun. I hate how block/parry/evasion work in archeage.
Losing a CC, debuff or burst to a lottery is annoying af. Changing defense to lower damage is very welcomed to me. Could be done for everything if you ask me tbh.

I don't consider RNG damage avoidance dynamic and fun. I hate how block/parry/evasion work in archeage.
Losing a CC, debuff or burst to a lottery is annoying af. Changing defense to lower damage is very welcomed to me. Could be done for everything if you ask me tbh.

Is it really a lottery though if you intentionally spec out a character with an avoidance stat? This entire game is about raw percentages, and the avoidance tree is one type of them. Besides, you (as an archer) are literally able to kite people and have the biggest advantage when it comes to damage dealing in the game. Why is it more fun to be able to pew pew pew without easily getting caught or evaded? Your argument sounds more tailored towards you always being able to win than any actual benefit to combat in this case.

Macros aren't even required to whip weave. Literally just have your keys right next to each other.

Some spedcial souls even have gods whip on multiple keys to concurrently hit a line to weave. They're just bad keyboard turners tho

There's a reason Gods Whip weaving was removed. It was never intentional, and is a bug.

Show me a source of either XLgames or Trion mentioning this.
If you can't provide one, then please stop spreading misinformation that you pulled out your ass.

Your input affects more people than only the ones who you have a personal vendetta against.
This thread serves server-health and you're not contributing to it. Take your emotions elsewhere.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Macros aren't even required to whip weave. Literally just have your keys right next to each other.

Some spedcial souls even have gods whip on multiple keys to concurrently hit a line to weave. They're just bad keyboard turners tho

It’s not required obviously can be done without it but a majority of mages are doing it, and if you argue that they are not it only shows how much you don’t know about the subject. Combat logs tell all when the same person does the exact same order with out fail and with the exact same timing .

Show me a source of either XLgames or Trion mentioning this.
If you can't provide one, then please stop spreading misinformation that you pulled out your ass.

Your input affects more people than only the ones who you have a personal vendetta gainst.
This thread serves server-health and you're not contributing to it. Take your emotions elsewhere.
Thank you.
Animation cancelling as a concept is a bug.
Otherwise it wouldn't be a thing.
The amount it's acceptable is questionable.

just like fervent healing bug where you can weave instants between those too?

I find it hard to believe a bug revolving around some of the most popular skills in the game existed for 4+ patches...
Wouldn't have ever been removed if it was intended.

Of course you want defense nerfed, you're an archer.

I literally mentioned all 3 stats and you claim that I want 1 to be nerfed. Go to bed, it's late already dude.

The scaling on many damage skills is lowered, on top of a nerf to all battlerage skill cooldowns via battlefocus

Melee can hit 50% parry unbuffed (80% when battle focus is up) with just 1500 strength (actually not that much in 4.5)

Tanks can hit 15% parry, 20% evasion, and 28% block with a minimal gear setup in 4.5 (in actuality it's 43% block if you run defense. Under the current way mitigations roll, this would mean you'd have 78% frontal mitigation

Having mitigations (evasion, parry, shield block) in 4.5 not only block full damage, but roll additively, as well as prevent CC would be completely unbalanced.

Wouldn't have ever been removed if it was intended.
Wonder why an ancestral variant that allowed animation cancelling was added with a shorter cooldown and an up front cast time if it was really a bug!

It’s not required obviously can be done without it but a majority of mages are doing it, and if you argue that they are not it only shows how much you don’t know about the subject. Combat logs tell all when the same person does the exact same order with out fail and with the exact same timing .
"Majority of players macroing godswhips"
"Majority of players macroing mounts"
"Majority of players macroing immune dashes"
"Majority of players macroing CC breaks"

I'm starting to detect a trend in some of the argumentation individuals are using in this thread. Quite frankly, nobody has submitted much empirical evidence to support these claims. Obviously, some players macro, it's inevitable. However, to go on and on making the claim that over 50% (a majority) of players are macroing some if not all of the aforementioned skills and tools just because you've seen one or two players do it is pretty unreasonable.

Also, the entire whipweave process takes 1-2 seconds if that, you can't really account for "exact same timing" in an interval this short via the combat log, which you suggested.

Of course you want defense nerfed, you're an archer.
As if defense is remotely nerfed in 4.5

Defense gets lasso, refreshment becomes the only impale immunity (doesn't have a GCD so you can spam it on CD, lasts for 1 minute but has a 30 second cooldown, on top of giving 20% health that scales based on your max hp, not a flat amount). which is absurdly good. The defense abyssal passive also reduces stun and impale duration a further 20%, if you have this and the complete cloth buff, that's 40% less duration on these debuffs.

"Shortcomings" in regards to health are alleviated through the enhancement of grade buffs, you can get almost 8000+ health on a divine buff from having 7/7 divine ayanad armor compared to 4-5k now. Everyone basically gets 1-2 health lifts for free. Health lift gives twice as much hp, lasts for 20 second and only has an 8 second CD, it also stacks with refreshment now plus a 25M -> 30M range.

---

Combat logs track info in 1 second intervalls so if anything, you could tell the order but not the timing of keystrokes.
Right and I didn’t mean to imply that combat log shows timing but and when the order is always exactly consistent every single time without fail wondering
"Majority of players macroing godswhips"
"Majority of players macroing mounts"
"Majority of players macroing immune dashes"
"Majority of players macroing CC breaks"

I'm starting to detect a trend in some of the argumentation individuals are using in this thread. Quite frankly, nobody has submitted much empirical evidence to support these claims. Obviously, some players macro, it's inevitable.
---

Like you said you have 1-2 seconds to spam 5-6 abilities . When those abilities are always arranged in the exact same order without fail it only provides evidence that they are using a macro. Humans are always bound to make a mistake once and a while no matter how good your muscle memory is you are bound to misclick and screw up the order . Do I have emperical evidence and break down of every mages combat logs for everytime they godswhip combo no because I have a life and simply don’t care that much , but trying to tell me that it’s not common knowledge that mages macro the weaving is just funny and only shows how much of a blind eye you turn on the subject.

The scaling on many damage skills is lowered, on top of a nerf to all battlerage skill cooldowns via battlefocus

Melee can hit 50% parry unbuffed (80% when battle focus is up) with just 1500 strength (actually not that much in 4.5)

Tanks can hit 15% parry, 20% evasion, and 28% block with a minimal gear setup in 4.5 (in actuality it's 43% block if you run defense. Under the current way mitigations roll, this would mean you'd have 78% frontal mitigation

Having mitigations (evasion, parry, shield block) in 4.5 not only block full damage, but roll additively, as well as prevent CC would be completely unbalanced.

How would this be unbalanced? A tank's literal job is to stall and survive. They really cannot doll out much damage. The entire point of rolling into these stats is to be evasive and to have a high amount of sustain. This includes nullifying damage received, avoiding damage altogether and being the frontline for multiple individuals. 4.5 completely trashes the ability to be a tank, and more to the point, completely deletes the desire to be one due to the shit hand tanks are dealt.

Some of those avoidance numbers you stated aren't adding up off the cuff, but I'm not in game to verify and I don't remember all the numbers. Sounds semi legit with some hand gems and a cape, but consider this:

As an additive set of statistics, you'd be far better equipped as a tank to deal with say, archers, who cannot be parried unless you are dual wielding with a passive from battlerage. Using the numbers you provided, you'd be able to avoid ~48% of the shots an archer takes at you (we all know this game fails beneficial rolls as often as it can though).

As an individually calculated set of statistics, you'd be near worthless as a tank vs archers, with a 20% chance and a 28% chance respectively to avoid a shot from them. Archers have the highest attack rate of all classes in the game, and with the ability to stack pdef pen they can hurt pretty hard. You'd get melted. Especially considering this game already has an extreme tendency to roll on the side of failure, even with statistically high chances of success.

And for both of the cases above, lets not forget the role that Focus plays into mitigating avoidance. In 4.5 focus becomes even more powerful than it already is, which is some real bullshit.

Also considering the new abilities the archery tree gets in 4.5, they're going to be even more of a bane to tanky types.

The additive avoidance skillset is a far superior method to individually calculated ones.

Meanwhile, with the meta changing, DPS melee can, as you said, easily hit 50% parry. How is it more fair to allow a DPS style class fuck with a tank to the point where it can effectively avoid 50% damage from that tank, while whittling the tank down, where as with the way the 4.5 meta will work it is extremely statistically unlikely that the tank will be able to ward off that DPS for long? Also keeping in mind the severe amount of CC melee classes can have to keep pretty much any class locked into the dirt, that is the unbalanced part.

Also also, battlerage was the least nerfed of all the skilltrees as a whole. Some of the biggest hitting skills in battlerage got even more powerful (whirlwind slash up to 300% damage what the actual shit), precision strike got zero meaningful nerfs and still keeps a ridiculous damage scale, and now battlerage users get to walk around with two severe damage boosts because frenzy got a double physical attack boost and no longer stuns. What the fuck?

The *only* meaningful nerf was to behind enemy lines which finally isn't dumb stupid powerful and CC breaking.

Overall with the meta heading the way it is, it is going to destroy several viable playstyles and it only serves to pave the way for melee DPS more than it already does.

Right and I didn’t mean to imply that combat log shows timing but and when the order is always exactly consistent every single time without fail wondering

Like you said you have 1-2 seconds to spam 5-6 abilities . When those abilities are always arranged in the exact same order without fail it only provides evidence that they are using a macro. Humans are always bound to make a mistake once and a while no matter how good your muscle memory is you are bound to misclick and screw up the order . Do I have emperical evidence and break down of every mages combat logs for everytime they godswhip combo no because I have a life and simply don’t care that much , but trying to tell me that it’s not common knowledge that mages macro the weaving is just funny and only shows how much of a blind eye you turn on the subject.

I previously explained how the gods whip buff works though:

Some really crap, braindead changes that need to ****not**** happen in 4.5:

Gods Whip Animation cancel removal. I suspect this was done through a rewrite of how the hidden Gods Whip Buff works. The buff lasts for around 2 seconds and gets refreshed every time you cast gods whip again. For those two seconds, other instant cast skills can be thrown in, and then another gods whip can be cast. This is how the animation cancel is created. Godswhips do not trigger a global cooldown, and while under the effect of the buff, gods whips can be cast even under a global cooldown. So you are able to cast instant cast skills or low cast time skills, trigger a GCD, then reset it with another gods whip. THIS NEEDS TO REMAIN IN THE GAME. It is one of the extremely minimal tools that mages have in their belt. Stop. Nerfing. God. Damn. Mages. Please. Simple fix...leave the current iteration of the buff in the game.

Channeled skills will cancel the gods whip buff.

So if you cast the first gods whip, you have 1.9 seconds to cast another one before the buff vanishes. If you do that and then cast another gods whip right after, the buff refreshes for another 2 seconds. This can be done 4 times to successfully animation cancel.

It isn't 1-2 seconds, it can be dragged out to be as many as 7.6 seconds.

Gods whip - 1.9 second window to instant cast a skill, 4 times.

I personally have gods whip on E, chain lightning on Q, freezing earth on R, throw dagger on F (if I'm running it which I don't always because darkrunner parry), Lightning meteor on Shift+E. Minuscule distances from each other, super easy to whip weave.

I can pretty objectively state that far less mages macro weave than darkrunners macro shrug and bondbreaker. The number of times I have caught people like strykes and escanor and unreal and terverus macroing glider skills and shrug/bondbreaker is insane compared to the number of mages I've caught whip weaving with macros. Mages are objectively more skilled players than darkrunners.

Last edited:
I previously explained how the gods whip buff works though:

it can be dragged out to be as many as 7.6 seconds.

When you argue that mages are taking 8 seconds to drop their god whip combos lol. [QUOTE="vulgrr, post: 74806, member: 1556

The number of times I have caught people like strykes and escanor and unreal and terverus macroing glider skills and shrug/bondbreaker is insane compared to the number of mages I've caught whip weaving with macros. Mages are objectively more skilled players than darkrunners.
[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry I thought no one was macroing and it’s all bullshit o I get it they arnt in pn 1 so let’s call them out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back