What's new

3.0 / 3.5 Fresh Start Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no fresh start server planned. There is also not a population decline. In fact we are at the highest population we have had on this server since it launched back in Oct 2017 almost 6 months ago. There has been more new people come then those that have left to 4.5 trion which has actually increased our overall numbers.

Considering how many people played back in November i consider this to be false, ive walked around for a couple of hrs and barely see anyone unless they're off doing things. In Content ( Kraken etc etc) there isn't as many people that there was in the prime time. Anyway this was just a suggestion and not a means to anger frail carebears who don't want to start over lol. Divine Ayanads used to be 30k ish back in Jan now theyre 70k + clearly there has been some sort of inflation since then. Other things have gone up in prices as well. Like i said, new players if they want to be competitive and not a potato farmer are going to have to Buy gold illegally or donate a shit ton and sure im sure thats what any company would want really

There is no way the population is at its highest. The non full raids, tons of empty plots in housing areas, and hardly seeing people going from zone to zone say otherwise.

what makes you think the server population is dying? The guild I'm in literally gets about ten new players each week. Also there is no need for a fresh start. It is so freaking easy to gear up. I literally have teammates that joined last week and are already 4.5k gs. People think you need divines for gs. You can get auroria gear and cheap gem it up to be some what competitive. Smdh on people who actual thinks this server is dying when it's literally crowded with players wherever you go.

What planet are you living on ?? I can in 5.5k gs with divine gear with top/legs fully gemmed in PvP gems ........... Can literally afk while 4 of those 4.5kgs players beat on me.

The server isnt dying because of gear level or P2W. It's literally dying the same death as official does over and over ........ RNG. The game has to much, which is why it will and never will be the WoW killer it should have been. The admin here fucked up buy not seriously over hauling all that went wrong and was proved to be wrong. Instead they RNG box cashed in like Trions did and copy and pasted 95% of Trions BS and poor patch acceptance. This is the only private server i know that copied almost everything the publisher/developers did wrong with every update.

Who wants 10k stacking items and 4 year old costume that no one even wants to buy. (hi shore leave costumes and dead mounts). Instead they should have 2x increased the regrade rates, added 4x ability to slot gems and encouraged the PvP aspect of the game. The fuck is the point in gearing in a PvP game, when there is no one to PvP against. Sure trade running inland is cool with a legendary weapon and divine armour but ....... No one will stay for that and whats the point.

Last edited:
There is no fresh start server planned. There is also not a population decline. In fact we are at the highest population we have had on this server since it launched back in Oct 2017 almost 6 months ago. There has been more new people come then those that have left to 4.5 trion which has actually increased our overall numbers.

is this total accounts made or monthly active users? that log in at least 20 hours a week~

Considering how many people played back in November i consider this to be false, ive walked around for a couple of hrs and barely see anyone unless they're off doing things. In Content ( Kraken etc etc) there isn't as many people that there was in the prime time. Anyway this was just a suggestion and not a means to anger frail carebears who don't want to start over lol. Divine Ayanads used to be 30k ish back in Jan now theyre 70k + clearly there has been some sort of inflation since then. Other things have gone up in prices as well. Like i said, new players if they want to be competitive and not a potato farmer are going to have to Buy gold illegally or donate a shit ton and sure im sure thats what any company would want really

This dude can't handle the challenge of AA so cries for fresh start then insults people who state valid opinions disagreeing with him. We see you for the coward you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
This dude is a straight bitch. Can't handle the challenge of AA so cries for fresh start then insults people who state valid opinions disagreeing with him. F4gg0t()() bit we see you for the coward you are.

new account? possibly made by an admin accomplice :thonking:

This dude is a straight bitch. Can't handle the challenge of AA so cries for fresh start then insults people who state valid opinions disagreeing with him. F4gg0t()() bit we see you for the coward you are.
You are probably the frail nerd that I'm talking about in my post lol and what AA Challenge, i was top 10 geared players before i quit, whatdoyoumean ?

Yeah i mean idk i quit back in november because of all the cash shop items that kept getting added, to me it seemed like the server was doomed to be p2w just like retail since its how archeage is designed to be. From what i understand pop is nowhere near the levels it once was and i dont think i'd feel like grinding to catchup to the 8k GS top people right now.

Yeah i mean idk i quit back in november because of all the cash shop items that kept getting added, to me it seemed like the server was doomed to be p2w just like retail since its how archeage is designed to be. From what i understand pop is nowhere near the levels it once was and i dont think i'd feel like grinding to catchup to the 8k GS top people right now.

^^^^^^^

Answer to a bunch of post, not OP specifically

1.) If you are whining about P2W and you "played" at Trino why do you want a fresh start?, at this point you should know the whale are going to outwear 10/1 the first week and the FS will be dead in 2 weeks after(even this is happening as of Right Now in 4.5 FS).

2.) Yes, prices are up lately by a lot but is not because the server is dead but because we got 2 ban rounds(multi boxers and mining/loyalty bots) very recently and the market is still stabilizing but on the other hand even mining now is profitable. I take any day high prices on the AH for a bit as consequence of a ban instead of the team letting this server become a cesspool of multi boxer and boters like official legacy server have become.

3.) about GS is way lots and lots easier than official, if you complain is too hard maybe you are playing the wrong game because it will not get any easier than this or you are doing something seriously wrong.

4.) population is growing a lot, we are recruiting a lot, lot of new guilds as well but also understand 3.0 brought a freaking metric ton of land and we don't have land bots here, so don't expect it to fill in 30ms like on official also remember you cannot sell labor pots here as easily as in official and the stipend is bound hence with the new tax increases lot of people are giving back land on anhimar/sunbite/rockhala because they cannot keep it up(few of my guildies included) and those that handle. it in 2.9 with alts must be afraid for the very real chance of getting banned. honestly I find this awesome and will allow the land to be properly used instead of be hoarded by bots like on official.

5.) Kraken last night was like a 5 hours(that I know of, went to sleep) cluster fuck of PVP and unlike official I don't have to beg 3h every day on faction to get 1 ship together to do luscas/abyssal/GHA/LIB but I'll agree sometimes in not immediate and ill admit is may be different for others since I'm a healer

6.) About the cash shop, is a game design but I think here is well balanced and many important items drop often enough to have a healthy AH market for regrades, sure is still a cash shop but I'm just saying is a lot better than Trino's.

7.) About PVP, sure can be more often but is not like on official and my guild is often either doing Dom or spamming raid invites for PVP all the time, Luscas is usually lots of PVP as well, CR, MM, RD since the queen purses return Auroria is getting lively again, reds are farming daily our auroria farmers, solo merchant runs require lot of luck lately, halcyona is decently populated, etc,

but I agree this point is very interpretative of what you define as "lot of PVP" and your expectations, I will say I consider PVP is healthy enough that if you want it you can go and get it based on my PoV.

My only Real issue here and is not related to the server but the old META is the absurd number of memerunners and the respective lack of mages

I agree with Enigmatic that something should be done for the server's long term health.
A fresh start is one option, but maybe there are other ways we could improve.

For example, if you purchase the 100$ Credit Package, you get 25,000 credits
1,000 credits sells for about 2k gold on the auction house
so for 100$ USD you're getting about 50k gold, this will vary depending on how many credits are being sold at one time but a fair estimate.

At that rate, 1 dollar is 500 gold.

Why bother do any economic activity in-game if you're only earning less than a dollar's worth of gold?
I can do about 3 runs from Gwenoid -> Two Crowns -> Gwenoid in a little over an hour.
If I'm going to make a lowball estimate it's about 320 gold.
That's less than one dollar for an hour of work.

In almost all cases you're better off working at a job in real life, buying credits, and selling those credits on the auction house for gold.

The problem is gold-inflation.
The in-game gold is worth very little.
There should be some kind of massive gold sink to get all this floating currency out of the game. But a gold sink that doesn't involve gambling on regrades.

It would make the game more interesting and fun.

I agree with Enigmatic that something should be done for the server's long term health.

so for 100$ USD you're getting about 50k gold, this will vary depending on how many credits are being sold at one time but a fair estimate.

Why bother do any economic activity in-game if you're only earning less than a dollar's worth of gold?
I can do about 3 runs from Gwenoid -> Two Crowns -> Gwenoid in a little over an hour.

In almost all cases you're better off working at a job in real life, buying credits, and selling those credits on the auction house for gold.

There should be some kind of massive gold sink to get all this floating currency out of the game. But a gold sink that doesn't involve gambling on regrades.

Credits aren't fixable tho because is not inflation(<-- this is not possible in a game, you mean excess of liquidity) neither a gold sink will improve it, simply because that price is set by the market and as long as there is enough people to give 500g for 1$ that will be the price.

Adding a gold sink will heavily boost the price of credits and will make it harder for non playing players to acquire cash items.

What the team can consider is to reduce value on credits for certain items, for example, certain consumables that are already available for gold could be adjusted:

1.) snowflakes, 200g is way too much gold when is only 60 credits
2.) titles, 150g is waaaay too much gold when is only 30 credits
3.) you get the idea, so etc, etc.

So, lets say credit sales goes like this:

1.) 70% of credit buyers want RNG boxes(this is fine)
2.) 15% of credit buyers want either costumes(this is fine)
3.) 5% of credit buyers want to get a stipend or upgrade vehicles on any form(I round it to 5 because mostly you need it once or monthly)
4.) 10% of credit buyers are forced to buy them because is way cheaper than acquire mundane items(like this I mentioned before) for gold.

So, if the team can remove number 4. and make those mundane item easily buyable with gold you can drop the value of credits by a decent amount, maybe 10 to 15%(remember you cannot buy exact amount of credits, so you ned up buying more credits than you need very often hence is always a bit more than the base reduction)

I agre with Enigmatic that something should be done for the server's long term health.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, the current price of gold from most sellers that I have been told about is 2$ per 1000 gold ( I am not advertising to buy gold im giving a hypothetical). Now say I work a full 8 hour day and im making 10$ an hour thats 80$ for one days worth of working which would let me buy 40k gold if I went that route. According to the math / situation Maiden posted that would be 2,560 gold for 8hours of running trade packs. (320g x 8 ) since he said thats what he could make in an hour. You're given two options. Run packs all day to make little to no gold considering the worth of it now or go out and work irl and be able to feed myself as well as take care of my ingame expenses . The same thing could be said to straight up donating for credits and getting gold that way. A better resolution than creating a whole new server is increasing the amount of money you can get per pack, this wouldn't work for resources since it would sink the need of them since there would be too many already. Lets say 1 run from Gwo to Two crowns gives me 25g per pack thats 9 Packs on a freighter (8 on carts and 1 on yyour back) It wouldn't give you all the money to catch up but it would give you a decent amount and make it more worth while for slaving away running packs all day. For example if i ran 25g per pack and 20minutes for each run Gweo - TC would make me 675g per hour multiply that by 8hrs would make 5400g. It's not the same you'd get for working but at least you'd be at home with your friends and enjoying yourself. Again this was just a hypothetical don't ban me for talking about buying gold lol. 25g was just a random number i threw in there.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, the current price of gold from most sellers that I have been told about is 2$ per 1000 gold ( I am not advertising to buy gold im giving a hypothetical). Now say I work a full 8 hour day and im making 10$ an hour thats 80$ for one days worth of working which would let me buy 40k gold if I went that route. According to the math / situation Maiden posted that would be 2,560 gold for 8hours of running trade packs. (320g x 8 ) since he said thats what he could make in an hour. You're given two options. Run packs all day to make little to no gold considering the worth of it now or go out and work irl and be able to feed myself as well as take care of my ingame expenses . The same thing could be said to straight up donating for credits and getting gold that way. A better resolution than creating a whole new server is increasing the amount of money you can get per pack, this wouldn't work for resources since it would sink the need of them since there would be too many already. Lets say 1 run from Gwo to Two crowns gives me 25g per pack thats 9 Packs on a freighter (8 on carts and 1 on yyour back) It wouldn't give you all the money to catch up but it would give you a decent amount and make it more worth while for slaving away running packs all day. For example if i ran 25g per pack and 20minutes for each run Gweo - TC would make me 675g per hour multiply that by 8hrs would make 5400g. It's not the same you'd get for working but at least you'd be at home with your friends and enjoying yourself. Again this was just a hypothetical don't ban me for talking about buying gold lol. 25g was just a random number i threw in there.

you got your heart in the right place but you idea won't work simply because value is not based on how much you make but in how much you need.

Right now you have 2 currencies gold and credits and their relation is interleaved because both offers attend non overlapping needs, what I mean is if you get more gold and the supply of credit is finite then the excess on demand will force an equal or bigger raise to meet the the existent supply.

What you need to do is remove value from one or the other, aka the less you need a currency for the less is worth in another currency.

See my previous post for some items that can be removed from credits and adjusted for gold only

you got your heart in the right place but you idea won't work simply because value is not based on how much you make but in how much you need.

The problem with this is that no one really needs Credits, and Credits are so cheap to buy.
With the new donation method they're as easy to get now as they were at launch.

The main purpose of credits after you've got everything you need from the store is to sell them on the AH for gold. There's not very much you need in the store. You get snowflakes (as per your example), expansion scrolls, costumes if you want, stellar/solar/lunar farms, a tree house, uprgade your hauler, etc.
Everything after that is optional.

RNG boxes are nice for the charms, but we have in-game ways of getting archeum and points.

The only ongoing purchase from the marketplace that players need are tax certificates.

(snipped)

Adding a gold sink will heavily boost the price of credits and will make it harder for non playing players to acquire cash items.

4.) 10% of credit buyers are forced to buy them because is way cheaper than acquire mundane items(like this I mentioned before) for gold.

So, if the team can remove number 4. and make those mundane item easily buyable with gold you can drop the value of credits by a decent amount, maybe 10 to 15%(remember you cannot buy exact amount of credits, so you ned up buying more credits than you need very often hence is always a bit more than the base reduction)

You're thinking outside the box, but there are some flaws with your ideas.

A gold sink would make the price per credit go down not up because there would be less gold in circulation.
Compare the server's economy now to the server's economy at launch,
at launch there was less gold in the game so you couldn't pay 2,000 gold per 1000 credits. It was more like 200 gold per 1000 credits.

The reason gold is so cheap is because there is so much of it.

You could argue that the credit price was cheaper because they were easier to buy back then, so there were more credits being sold, but that isn't true since credits are just as easy to buy now with the new pixel game card -> shadow card exchange.

Your example of Specialized Snowflakes is an OK example, but the problem using that as a benchmark is players are only ever going to need a finite amount of Specialized Snowflakes. Building Titles are a good example, but Taxes are even better. If Taxes were paid with in-game gold instead of credits it'd be a great way to get excess gold out of the game while serving a legitimate function. Unfortunately I still think players would rather craft their own taxes than buy them.

The server has been up for 7 months(?), and a lot of people have paid a lot of money. You're not going to see a fresh start server unless someone else decides to make a private server, and I don't see that happening for a really long time. Additionally, a fresh start would cause the entire server to split, so if they were going to do a fresh start, they'd need to go full-force and kill the current server, and I think that would actually kill the private server as a whole because a lot of people would be pissed.

If you are having trouble gearing, then group up a few players with the same intentions as you and do trade runs, or join one of the big guilds. The way I see it, though, this server has about a month before they lose half of their player base, so enjoy it while you can.

The other solution of going 3.5 might work in some regard. There will be a lot of new gear, and that will push a lot of the p2w to pay even more money, which would stimulate the economy pretty well, but you're also talking about creating an even bigger divide than what currently exists.

The server has been up for 7 months(?), and a lot of people have paid a lot of money. You're not going to see a fresh start server unless someone else decides to make a private server, and I don't see that happening for a really long time. Additionally, a fresh start would cause the entire server to split, so if they were going to do a fresh start, they'd need to go full-force and kill the current server, and I think that would actually kill the private server as a whole because a lot of people would be pissed.

If you are having trouble gearing, then group up a few players with the same intentions as you and do trade runs, or join one of the big guilds. The way I see it, though, this server has about a month before they lose half of their player base, so enjoy it while you can.

The other solution of going 3.5 might work in some regard. There will be a lot of new gear, and that will push a lot of the p2w to pay even more money, which would stimulate the economy pretty well, but you're also talking about creating an even bigger divide than what currently exists.

I don't think Bless will hurt AA that much.

The problem with this is that no one really needs Credits, and Credits are so cheap to buy.
With the new donation method they're as easy to get now as they were at launch.

The main purpose of credits after you've got everything you need from the store is to sell them on the AH for gold. There's not very much you need in the store. You get snowflakes (as per your example), expansion scrolls, costumes if you want, stellar/solar/lunar farms, a tree house, uprgade your hauler, etc.
Everything after that is optional.

RNG boxes are nice for the charms, but we have in-game ways of getting archeum and points.

The only ongoing purchase from the marketplace that players need are tax certificates.

You're thinking outside the box, but there are some flaws with your ideas.

A gold sink would make the price per credit go down not up because there would be less gold in circulation.
Compare the server's economy now to the server's economy at launch,
at launch there was less gold in the game so you couldn't pay 2,000 gold per 1000 credits. It was more like 200 gold per 1000 credits.

The reason gold is so cheap is because there is so much of it.

You could argue that the credit price was cheaper because they were easier to buy back then, so there were more credits being sold, but that isn't true since credits are just as easy to buy now with the new pixel game card -> shadow card exchange.

Your example of Specialized Snowflakes is an OK example, but the problem using that as a benchmark is players are only ever going to need a finite amount of Specialized Snowflakes. Building Titles are a good example, but Taxes are even better. If Taxes were paid with in-game gold instead of credits it'd be a great way to get excess gold out of the game while serving a legitimate function. Unfortunately I still think players would rather craft their own taxes than buy them.

Gold Sink dont work, you can see it on official(and pretty much any other dead mmo), they have tried every possible form, nerf commerce, fishing, charcoal, craft, regrade, husbandry, added different form of sinks, etc. and every time it get worse for those that don't swipe and barely affect those that do, as long as the value provided by one of those currencies dont drop no sink will fix the issue.

Gold sink only work to keep liquidity balanced but they dont work to establish or correct value and this is why every game that implement gold sinks nillie willy end up dead, fix an economy with a sink is akin in economy to make your dog to stop barking by nuking your city, sure the dog will bark no more but the chain of negative effect goes completely of the chart to the other side creating exponentially way more problems.

The simplest most effective solution is to remove as much as possible items/value from the cash shop that are not absolutely needed, again taxes, snowflakes, titles, among other(there is actually a bunch hence why i ended with etc,etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back