What's new

Anything 3.5 related

On the low end, a Pine Experia gives 44 Guild XP. 1200/44 = ~28. So 28 people need to buy an Experia in advance, or the people who are in the guild need to scrounge together 777 gold. We already know the guild isn't giving them money just for existing, so they have to pay that out of pocket with the little time in the day they play. Earning 800 gold when you're too busy to log in isn't "small" effort. Not to mention it takes 24 hours for Pine Experias to grow, so you'd have to drop 1600: 800 for the first set and 800 for the second set. Tell me how you plan on earning 1600 gold with limited time in your schedule. THEN tell me how it's fair for you to have 11,200 gold stolen from you if you miss out on spending 800g once with a nonexistent activity level.

Do you honestly think that a guild you and your friends spent months building up should be penalized because you guys want to play something else for a day? Let's say you guys only get 1200 guild XP a day. It takes you 125 days to level a guild from 4 to 5. Let's just say for the sake of convenience that it takes the same amount of XP to level a guild from 5 to 6, and 6 to 7. If you as a guild make it to Level 7, it took you 375 days, which is just over a full year. If you all take a single day off as a guild, you lose 14 days-worth of experience from something you just spent a year building up. You all now have to spend an extra 14 days earning 1200 XP a day just to get back to where you were before, and if you miss another day, you lose another 2 weeks. No one in their right mind would think that's okay. If you aren't online to contribute to the guild, you shouldn't reap the benefit of it, but you shouldn't have it permanently removed from what you've created. If you earned 7 Merit Badges a day until you have 700 Merit Badges but you miss grabbing Day 23's Login Tracker, this system is the equivalent of them taking away 70 Merit Badges instead of giving you 5 for clicking the button. Absolutely no one should be okay with that.

And yes, I AM part of a guild where people will disappear when life comes around to kick them in the ass. Would you come back to a game where you spent 6 months building something up but it was destroyed because you had to be in and out of the hospital for the last 3 weeks, all while another 2 guild members had a kid and would rather spend time with their newborn, or you and 4 guild members have to work on weekends to feed their families while another 2 guild members decided to go on vacation to get out of the house, alongside another member taking care of their sick family so they don't die from pneumonia, and another guild member got fired from a well-paying job so he had to work 2 jobs to make ends meet, and all of this happening while 7 members start college and 3 preparing for deployment? I just had all this happen to my guild, and you know what? If they spent the last 6 months helping build the guild up, only for them to leave and return to the game and our guild was down to a point where it was before they even started working on it, do you think they would stay? Would you stay? Fuck no, no one would stay and not a single person would blame you or them for going away and never coming back. This system is requiring guild upkeep to be a 100% daily requirement spending more than "just 5-10 minutes a day" over an arbitrary problem that isn't even really there. This won't fix anything, but it will sure hurt a number of things.

Name where I am misconstruing a single argument. Please, I'll wait. I can very clearly be reasoned with, the issue is you and everyone else cannot be reasoned with. You're arguing for a poor design choice with little basis or (I assume) education in game design on the matter. This is a system catching flies with vinegar instead of honey. This is offering a stick to a donkey instead of a carrot. No system in a video game should have you work for a year under one impression building up a community only to punish you for 2 weeks every time you're inactive for 24 hours. That's not how you entice people to play, that's how you tell people "live here or else".

This system is punishing people who made a big guild and have lives outside of this game. My guild has dozens of active players during the week, but hardly any during the weekend. If my guild were level 6 or 7, this system would be screwing us over because we have jobs and families during the weekend. Please think of a better way to implement this, because I'm not even in a level 6 guild and it honestly is a deterrent from me joining a big guild. If 3 months of my time and effort can be destroyed in less than a week because I have to work a job to keep my internet going so I can play this game in my free time, I'm not helping anyone build up a thing nor am I telling people to come spend money and time here and I believe the same can be said about anyone else with half a brain looking at this system.

You want to fix who can siege? Implement it on the top 20 guilds in a way the penalizes their ability to siege, not steal XP away from them. Make it a reward for earning a certain amount of XP a day. But punishing all guilds for choosing to play another game or have a real life is an insult to every casual player on this server and is only going to drive the smart people away.

I think u aproaching subject from wrong side. Do u think small and casual guild should have same benefits as big one ? And exp needed is very small should be double.

I think u aproaching subject from wrong side. Do u think small and casual guild should have same benefits as big one ? And exp needed is very small should be double.

*********** text censored by forum staff due to violation of Forum rule 8. 48 hours forum ban.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe when you move out of mom's basement, you might have a real job and real responsibilities outside of the game. Until then, you aren't going to understand what grown ups have to do.

Noone force u to work, bringing work as excuse is very low. And thank u very much for assuming my life style but i am owner of big company and i got time to play games. If u dont have rly time to play mmo that consume masive ammounts of it meaby u should just change game cuz its not for u ?

Guild XP is based on effort put into building it up, not about maintenance. If it takes me 3 years to achieve something that it takes 30 people 1 year to achieve, we still put in the same numerical value of effort into building something up. Exp needed is small compared to a large guild, but if my large guild all have to step away for one reason or another, we shouldn't be REQUIRED to log on and do something with our possibly limited time to keep what we've built up. If you log in 23 out of the 31 days of this month and therefore you don't hit the Login Tracker button for day 24, do you find it fair the game takes away 84 Gilda Stars from your inventory a day? And not just your inventory, but the inventories of everyone in your guild?

This is a system forcing people to be online or else their efforts towards their guild are for naught. We should be getting rewarded for choosing to log in and do stuff in the game, not punished for taking a breather.

Guild XP is based on effort put into building it up, not about maintenance. If it takes me 3 years to achieve something that it takes 30 people 1 year to achieve, we still put in the same numerical value of effort into building something up. Exp needed is small compared to a large guild, but if my large guild all have to step away for one reason or another, we shouldn't be REQUIRED to log on and do something with our possibly limited time to keep what we've built up. If you log in 23 out of the 31 days of this month and therefore you don't hit the Login Tracker button for day 24, do you find it fair the game takes away 84 Gilda Stars from your inventory a day? And not just your inventory, but the inventories of everyone in your guild?

This is a system forcing people to be online or else their efforts towards their guild are for naught. We should be getting rewarded for choosing to log in and do stuff in the game, not punished for taking a breather.

Why ? Why lvl of inactive guilds cant decay ? Guild's should be mentained and invite new ppl and be active that system will keep guild roster up to date and fresh. I realize u put work into it and u are scared of changes but there is many easy solutions to it, u can even invite prestige farmers to keep ur lvl.

I'm pretty overwhelmed by all the information as I was still boggled down by learning everything 3.0 had to offer.. but I do have one simple inquiry.

Was there any discussion about fishing in its current state? I believe that fishing as a form of income is lagging behind other methods and should be something that feels rewarding and not like it's a waste of time. While Fishing at sea and turning in fish is at a fixed rate, the value of other items constantly rises due to inflation. So, the more time passes the less point there is to fish. For example, if I spend 2 hours out at sea, risking my life and boat and fish for a 130g haul in.. and I spend 2 hours farming crates and sell MGP/archeum crystals for 400 gold.. what incentive is there to go fishing other than that I enjoy fishing in MMOs? Fast forward a few months and that 2 hours farming purses becomes a 800 gold return due to inflation, while that 2 hours fishing is still 130g.

I feel like I speak for fisherman server-wide when I say please... take a loot at fishing as a source of income.

@Sparkle

This is the explosion after feral mark trips people and does it's small damage. I'm curious if these gems will be 'grandfathered' in to keep the duration, as the explosion damage is quite bad... Do we have any info on what % these will be? I'm assuming 3% per which is horrible and a nerf in my opinion.

@Sparkle

that's an awful change then. keeping up feral mark with endless arrows on this server is disgusting, in the time i had a shortspear, i don't think i've ever reached max stacks and tripped someone. i purchased legendary guards with 4 feral mark gems for 40K. if these gems convert into aura explosion i'll be losing my shit.

archery nerf in 3.5, i've seen it all..

As a return player from last year.. would I be able to benefit from the return pack in 3.5 if I start back now?

Why ? Why lvl of inactive guilds cant decay ? Guild's should be mentained and invite new ppl and be active that system will keep guild roster up to date and fresh. I realize u put work into it and u are scared of changes but there is many easy solutions to it, u can even invite prestige farmers to keep ur lvl.

Because this:

Even if people are just inactive for one day it will cause guilds to lose weeks worth of progress, it puts such a huge amount of stress on people trying to keep the benefits they EARNED. Not everyone can log on every day, people have lives and work and guilds will not always be able to earn that exp per day.

There is no justification for this bullshit.

AT ONE POINT THEY WORKED FOR IT. Guild XP is a show of work put into a long-term project, not work put into maintenance. No one asked for Guild XP maintenance.

How would you like it if you lost 2 guild levels to Divinity because of a vacation?
How would you like having months of progress wiped because your guild wanted to take a break from the game?
How would you like it if you didn't get paid for 2 weeks worth of work because you took a sick day?
How would you like it if 2 weeks worth of work was removed because of a power outage that no one has control over?

Yeah, getting guilds to become more relevant and work for their shit sounds great in theory. But this is TWO WEEKS of progress if ONE DAY is missed. This is robbery at this point. I just had 20 guild members have personal issues that caused them to step away from the game for at least a week. If our guild were level 7, there's a very good chance we would have been downgraded at least once. If they came back and saw the last 6 months of their time was wasted because of a server change no one asked for, they'd simply not return. And that's not how you retain players. That forces those of us who didn't get sick to work overdrive to maintain the guild to make sure that people have something to come back to. The benefits for being a higher-level guild should be an activity check, not an activity punishment.

Because this:

AT ONE POINT THEY WORKED FOR IT. Guild XP is a show of work put into a long-term project, not work put into maintenance. No one asked for Guild XP maintenance.

How would you like it if you lost 2 guild levels to Divinity because of a vacation?
How would you like having months of progress wiped because your guild wanted to take a break from the game?
How would you like it if you didn't get paid for 2 weeks worth of work because you took a sick day?
How would you like it if 2 weeks worth of work was removed because of a power outage that no one has control over?

Yeah, getting guilds to become more relevant and work for their shit sounds great in theory. But this is TWO WEEKS of progress if ONE DAY is missed. This is robbery at this point. I just had 20 guild members have personal issues that caused them to step away from the game for at least a week. If our guild were level 7, there's a very good chance we would have been downgraded at least once. If they came back and saw the last 6 months of their time was wasted because of a server change no one asked for, they'd simply not return. And that's not how you retain players. That forces those of us who didn't get sick to work overdrive to maintain the guild to make sure that people have something to come back to. The benefits for being a higher-level guild should be an activity check, not an activity punishment.

The requirement of XP needed to be gained each day is extremely easy for any active guild. I doubt your entire guild would go on vacation at the same time.

If you don't think your guild has enough players to meet the requirements without losing EXP then join a guild that won't and you won't lose progress.

The buffs you get from the leveled guilds are pretty good, I think the system works well, especially when we have a guild full of alts holding a castle because their level is high so they still meet the top 20 requirements. Its a pretty good change, better reward little effort.

Erenor gear is getting the following changes in comparison to original 3.5 version:
Erenor Weapon:
  • Basic stats nerf - 10%
  • Synthesis effects nerf - 10%
  • Experience Requirements for leveling Erenor Items up are reduced - 10%
Can't you just seperately increase the required amount of exp needed from epic to legendary to 999999999, to 'cap' it at epic ?

Erenor gear is getting the following changes in comparison to original 3.5 version:
Erenor Weapon:
  • Basic stats nerf - 10%
  • Synthesis effects nerf - 10%
  • Experience Requirements for leveling Erenor Items up are reduced - 10%
Can't you just seperately increase the required amount of exp needed from epic to legendary to 999999999, to 'cap' it at epic ?
That's an idea. I think all the players agree that a cap at epic makes more sense than a % nerf. And clearly they have the ability to adjust the xp requirement.

Well, return on live server if you are mad.

You guys are crying for some 500/600g used by day against a great GUILD bonus (for each member of the guild yeah).

The 1st step for your guys it's to manage your guild, it's seems you have some difficulties.

Recruit a guy who gonna made some experia each day & give him some gold, end.

Democracy is a pain...

Well, return on live server if you are mad.

You guys are crying for some 500/600g used by day against a great GUILD bonus (for each member of the guild yeah).

The 1st step for your guys it's to manage your guild, it's seems you have some difficulties.

Recruit a guy who gonna made some experia each day & give him some gold, end.

Democracy is a pain...

25,000 gold per month just to maintain guild level. Yeah, no thanks.

So much lost revenue for the staff. Oh, well.

Well, it's true than if you make 130g each day, keep a guild higher than lv 5 is an everyday fight... Sorry for you.

Or, you can find a way to make more gold...

Is not like we was on live server, needed to paid a monthly sub.

You guys should fine your own soluce, not problems, it's always simple to said " that's bad ", just find a way to make it interesting.

Staff is working like crazy to make cool stuff & make the game not like the shit Archeage Live became.

It's a good way to make economy stable, gold who's returning to the game make prices doesnt go down or up.

Crafting cost, Experia crafting, etc.

(For a good example of bad economy, watch marketplace of Live server 'realy)

Let's dance around Leviathan corpse and holding our hands, thx

PS : I'm a F2P and i can easily hold 30 experia pines/day

Last edited:
Because this:

Throughout the day (even in its slumps about 8 months ago) divinity had at least half of its members log in. That’s not because we got lucky or have numbers, it’s cause we recruit a lot and we recruit ACTIVE players. We kick inactives all the time just ask me or havoc about our purges. Not being able to keep a lvl 6 guild or higher is the leaders fault. Quit being anti-social or just plain stubborn (I wanna be the guild leader wa wa wa). And since when did having a high level guild mean anything? Nobody cares, but these new buffs will add a new incentive to those dedicated. I wanna finish with, what’s wrong with people that put more time in a game having better gear/benefits. There’s nothing wrong with real life but that’s the trade off, deal with it.

I want to say I personally want erenor to be 5% nerf but I also know that the player base sometimes doesn’t know what’s good for it until after the fact. Doesn’t sound like we’ll be able to test them on the test servers sadly. I think no matter what tho things won’t be changed specifically by erenor but by the increased regrades and new skills. Those are the things people should be focused on (mainly skills).

I like the combination of trade systems since I haven’t seen the new one ever. It will be cool to see how it works and why people hated it on live compared to the old system.

This thread is getting really hostile towards the devs and these “threats” of leaving are pretty lame especially if it’s because your not getting your way. Either leave now (and come back after a few weeks like everyone else cause you all love this fucking game cause it’s a drug #saveme) or continue voicing your opinions and supporting ones you like in a controlled manner. If it doesn’t change then try it out the patch for a little while and if it’s “too unbearable” then you can leave justifiably.

I’ve been here since week 2 and started divinity with a friend from scratch. Haven’t agreed with everything the devs have done, but this is without a doubt the best experience in AA I’ve ever had. Thank you ArcheRage

About new trade, remove from t2 craft packs Aged packs
Otherwise new players will not be able to make a scarecrow or family assignment
As no one will carryAged packs to the trading station, because it is more profitable to take it across the sea and get twice as much gold

The titan event was another show of "be here everyday for hours" type of deal. When I'm active I play daily most times unless sick or life gets in the way. I've had to take months off before because I simply am too busy in my life but I don't think I should be punished because of that. What's fun shouldn't become a job.

The point here is if you want to make a guild levels special to non-casual players that's fine but you need to let casual players have the same benefits. There shouldn't be punishment or gaps. The punishment of slower progress is more than enough. I can't play all the time but I still enjoy the game just like everyone else, despite that.

Another problem this creates is leech members for guilds. They go in. Join. Build up prestige. Buy their gems. Then leave. Why would you want to create that issue or problem? Just let everyone have access to the items and guild members will be solid guild members not "oh I wonder when 10+ new guild members are just gonna leave again". Because that sucks for everyone.

If you want to control things for sieges that's fine. But maybe instead what you need to do is fix how siege works if guilds are having problems with wanting to and being unable to.

Everyone likes to work for good things. But please never forget: THIS IS A GAME.

Can you guys make it so we can Transmute our cloaks into a different one ? Or exchange them + mats for a different one ? ex. Make a bench with all the cloaks, where the crafting requirement is the other version of the cloak + some type of mat.

Its crazy the number of warrior medals to start all over back up to Erenor.

up for this one! hope they put something like this.

Back