What's new

Anything 3.5 related

@Sparkle

I would like to make a case and request for upping the Shield of Steel passive in defense.

The defensive tree in AA has always been very very weak. Even with very high tier defensive stats (12k+), DPS players are still able to heavily apply damage to many tank spec'd players. As a result, being a tank hasn't always been the most viable thing, and has largely, in fact, been a joke. Many tanks have given up and moved onto being DPS instead. The only real "tanks" left are stam/spirit based healers, and they only qualify because they can heal themselves.

The problem with 3.5 and the defensive tree is that shield of steel used to apply 900 defense (not great, but not the worst either). Now it only applies 6% defense. That means you'd need to get all the way up to a whopping 15k defense, in order to get the +900 points passive. Which, at 15k defense, that is already so heavily mitigated, it doesn't even equal a 1% damage reduction. However, +900 is also no longer viable, given the upgraded gear, ancestral skill modifiers and how much MORE damage battlerage can doll out now (as if it needed any to begin with)

At minimum, that requires fully epic plate + tempers. That is a crazy high requirement.

I would like to request that instead of 6%, Shield of Steel gets a +15% defensive upgrade instead. Here's why:

Defense was first and foremost put into place to counter Battlerage. As it stands, it barely does that. The passives and CC granted by the battlerage tree are already so out of control that unless you are a 100% plate abolisher (note, who also has battlerage, which is the best way to counter battlerage) you are basically screwed.

The ability to DPS stack and defense bypass already far outweighs the capabilities to stack defense. Note that there are zero *stats* that provide you physical defensive bonuses, and only 5 things that provide you actual defensive stats/abilities:costumes (which are unreliable and a pain in the ass) phys defense gems, shield block/evasion gems, skill damage reduction accessories, and of course, your armor and shield (which are basically the same thing, "armor").

There are technically 7 ways to increase your attack if using battlerage (which is the entire point of this post): Costumes (again, unreliable but still another way), Puncture (for removing 2k defense [holy shit]), 2H bonus (nullifying 50% of users shield defense, again another FU to shield users), Longspear proc (10k defense gone), then of course your Str stat, Skill damage accessories, and armor/weapon stats (which aren't really the same thing, but lets lump them together under gear)

Oh, and another big FU to shield users is Focus (for bypassing someone's shield block/parry/eva rates) for increasing your hit chance, which is severely detrimental to shield/defensive users

All in all, instead of being able to counter battlerage, defense/shield users are largely at the mercy of 2H battleragers. That "Shield of Steel" is more like a Shield of Paper at this point, largely being a placeholder to try and stave off at least one of the myriad of ways defense is stripped from defensive players, which, in essence, it still doesn't really do.

+15% would at least provide a reasonable amount of physical defense against people running around with divine/epic 2h weapons and 2tapping plate armor wearers.

The titan event was another show of "be here everyday for hours" type of deal. When I'm active I play daily most times unless sick or life gets in the way. I've had to take months off before because I simply am too busy in my life but I don't think I should be punished because of that. What's fun shouldn't become a job.

The point here is if you want to make a guild levels special to non-casual players that's fine but you need to let casual players have the same benefits. There shouldn't be punishment or gaps. The punishment of slower progress is more than enough. I can't play all the time but I still enjoy the game just like everyone else, despite that.

Another problem this creates is leech members for guilds. They go in. Join. Build up prestige. Buy their gems. Then leave. Why would you want to create that issue or problem? Just let everyone have access to the items and guild members will be solid guild members not "oh I wonder when 10+ new guild members are just gonna leave again". Because that sucks for everyone.

If you want to control things for sieges that's fine. But maybe instead what you need to do is fix how siege works if guilds are having problems with wanting to and being unable to.

Everyone likes to work for good things. But please never forget: THIS IS A GAME.

We have ppl playing 2h daily in our guild as well we have ppl from friend guilds that joining us for some time to only farm gems and they go back to theirs guilds, no problem with that. We dont demand ppl to play 17h daily we know ppl have lifes/work. U can't say "let casual players have the same benefits" it never work this way, u want good thing u have to spend more time and thats very good ppl call this free to play.

The only benefit to de-leveling from inactivity that I can see is free up the guild top 20 to make siege eligibility more flexible and dependent on activity. If that's why this is being changed, why not make siege eligibility based on something else? Like, instead make a top 20 guild rank based on how much monthly leadership each member of the guild has obtained summed up, and count that for siege permission, and make it so you gain leadership through hostile faction kills anywhere, even in places you don't get honor. That way, siege eligibility is based on PVP participation. Could also make it total honor gained that month for the guild, or even just monthly guild EXP.

That suggestion is so stupid. Why buff defense to cuck archers even more instead of just nerfing the blatant op tree battlerage is ? Buffing defense would just screw so many people who already suffer from low dps and you'd be buffing abolishers at the same time, which makes no sense because you want to nerf battlerage users, not buff them.
No class in this game that contains battlerage should get buffed in any way.

Last edited:
That suggestion is so stupid. Why buff defense to cuck archers even more instead of just nerfing the blatant op tree battlerage is ? Buffing defense would just screw so many people who already suffer from low dps and you'd be buffing abolishers at the same time, which makes no sense because you want to nerf battlerage users, not buff them.
No class in this game that contains battlerage should get buffed in any way.

I don't disagree, but do you honestly think that battlerage will ever get nerfed?

The short answer is no.

But *reducing* defense is just cucking the defense tree even harder than it already is as well. 6% is a piddly nothing. All it does is make darkrunners even more viable.

I feel bad for archery, but someone else (maybe you) should make a post requesting buffs to archery. I don't know enough about the archery tree to make the suggestion personally, but I do not disagree that archery is pretty underpowered as is, at least until they hit legendary status bows. Then they're pretty broken. Except against mages, where they've pretty much always been broken. Cloth gets cucked doubly hard by both sword and archery users.

The point is, defense is supposed to be tanky. Any tree that sacrifices movement, utility and battle abilities for defensive purposes should be highly beneficial to the defensive statistic. In this game, it is barely that, and in 3.5, it is even less so.

U can't say "let casual players have the same benefits" it never work this way, u want good thing u have to spend more time and thats very good ppl call this free to play.
I can't spend more time. I'm not a no lifer. I spend enough time on this GAME. I'm sorry, but this isn't work/life for me. Lucky to you people that can do that. The point here the slow progression is more than enough punishment. Have fun being king of the hill and not having more equal competition around. Talk about utterly boring. But I guess that's okay with people that have nothing better to do. When all the casual players leave because there is no point: Enjoy~

feel bad for archery, but someone else (maybe you) should make a post requesting buffs to archery.

i already tried. there's a whole thread dedicated to suggestions in buffing archery. none of them are gamebreaking or overkill in any way.
we had simple suggestions like "let boneyard apply a very short stun before the cage appears to prevent people walking out of it everytime".
only inputs the devs ever had to skill suggestions were "we don't change anything". - no explaination of why, nothing.

suggesting nerfs or buffs to the devs related to skills is pointless. they don't care.
the ancestral skills being untouched from live is a further validation of this.

Last edited:
I can't spend more time. I'm not a no lifer. I spend enough time on this GAME. I'm sorry, but this isn't work/life for me. Lucky to you people that can do that. The point here the slow progression is more than enough punishment. Have fun being king of the hill and not having more equal competition around. Talk about utterly boring. But I guess that's okay with people that have nothing better to do. When all the casual players leave because there is no point: Enjoy~

Just join a different guild lol. Guilds shouldn't have 5 people in them. If you're a casual just use a family, and join a random guild for a bit if you need gems for gear .

But what's the point in creating a gear gap? Yeah okay if guilds are willing to take on people to leech w/e. It just still seems dumb regardless. Is there a particular point in blocking the rest of the things you buy or is this about sieges? I feel like for the dev's it's a siege issue but for others it's about the items (because heaven forbid someone might threaten your GS in a million months from now).

If there's no progression lost, everyone is doing the same work just at different paces. Why punish people for taking longer to do something? Isn't the slowness enough? Just fix the function of the sieges and make the items available for those that are going to work for it one way or another.

Blocking content in a game because you need to take care of kids or go to work is ridiculous. We all deserve to relax and enjoy a game.

But what's the point in creating a gear gap? Yeah okay if guilds are willing to take on people to leech w/e. It just still seems dumb regardless. Is there a particular point in blocking the rest of the things you buy or is this about sieges? I feel like for the dev's it's a siege issue but for others it's about the items (because heaven forbid someone might threaten your GS in a million months from now).

If there's no progression lost, everyone is doing the same work just at different paces. Why punish people for taking longer to do something? Isn't the slowness enough? Just fix the function of the sieges and make the items available for those that are going to work for it one way or another.

Blocking content in a game because you need to take care of kids or go to work is ridiculous. We all deserve to relax and enjoy a game.

I've since backed out of the argument. If you spend a year putting money into a savings account, and then after a year the bank tells you if you don't put in $1200 a day, they will deduct $20,000, only morons would support that bank. And yet there are still people moronic enough to do so and voice their thoughts as such. There's no use arguing with them because they're in a guild/situation that doesn't get affected by this change and therefore think it's fair that everyone is subjected to it. There's no reasoning to their logic, because there is no logic.

Just join a different guild lol. Guilds shouldn't have 5 people in them. If you're a casual just use a family, and join a random guild for a bit if you need gems for gear .

Says who? You have to have 5 to create a guild. This game is a sandbox/sandpark style MMO. Players should be free to pick their playstyle, whether it's for endgame content, farmville, small skirmish pvp, etc.

@Sparkle why won't you listen to all of the people upset about this? You catered to the carebears who wanted to keep the 3.x pack system in place. What's the huge motivating factor behind keeping it in place other than "wElL iT's LiKe ThAt On LiVe"?

@Flipsy's post sums up the sentiment pretty well:

If you spend a year putting money into a savings account, and then after a year the bank tells you if you don't put in $1200 a day, they will deduct $20,000, only morons would support that bank.

Complete Plate is getting buffed right? 20%+ defense from each piece, the passive will surely give extra for complete users no?

It would, sure, but plate itself is not a requirement of defense. Defense is largely based off of shield users, not plate users. My example of plate was due to the fact that in order to reach anywhere near what the Shield of Steel passive used to provide, you'd need really high tier plate, even considering the 20% boost.

If you spend a year putting money into a savings account, and then after a year the bank tells you if you don't put in $1200 a day, they will deduct $20,000, only morons would support that bank.

exactly. nobody gonna stay with that bank!! instead, you move to a different bank where you don't have that issue.
= you join a guild that can maintain their level - issue fixed.

exactly. nobody gonna stay with that bank!! instead, you move to a different bank where you don't have that issue.
= you join a guild that can maintain their level - issue fixed.

This situation is akin to you changing accounts within the same bank. That account still falls under the exact same stipulation and the problem still exists.

Says who? You have to have 5 to create a guild. This game is a sandbox/sandpark style MMO. Players should be free to pick their playstyle, whether it's for endgame content, farmville, small skirmish pvp, etc.

@Sparkle why won't you listen to all of the people upset about this? You catered to the carebears who wanted to keep the 3.x pack system in place. What's the huge motivating factor behind keeping it in place other than "wElL iT's LiKe ThAt On LiVe"?

@Flipsy's post sums up the sentiment pretty well:

Almost all the complaints are going from one guild members - HCIC. That are you, sociopathix, vapedatyogirl, Scapegoat.
I understand your guild is not happy with the change, but we can't do an exception for you.
We can also see that you accept new guild members, that means it shouldn't be a problem to do dailies for you and receive daily EXP. Continue accepting new members, just don't kick them from the guild right away as it was done before. New active members make guild active.

This change isn't done for the sieges only. Sieges received changes in 3.0b. The main goal of this change is to stimulate guilds to stay active and avoid dead, alt or inactive guilds as they don't add anything to the game.

Change was made for level 6 and higher guilds only. If you have interest in that levels and their bonuses, you need to input some efforts into it. This is not the exceptional case but the way entire game works. You want to receive something - you input some efforts into it.

Well I'm not from HCIC and I have complaints too. Why are you interested in pissing off part of your player base? Who cares how people play your game as long as they play it? I honestly don't get the point. But I've said enough. I can offer you solutions to fix the issue with sieges and why people are mad but you just don't care, which is utterly baffling to me. But hey you'll see once people that casually and have to omg work stop buying credits. Enjoy~

Why not just lower the Guild Lv needed for the Attack Speed 7 (Guild needs to be Lv6, make it instead Lv 5). If the only reason why they want a guild Lv 6 is because of gems then that should solve something and they can keep being casual Lv 5 guild.
The new buffs and bonuses at Lvs 6, 7 & 8 should be something guild members work for, it becomes casual the more people you have in the game, doesn’t even become a hussle if you have more than 20 actives.

Additional Erenor changes

After multiple discussions on our side it was decided to reduce input needed to level up Erenor equipment.

Experience Requirements for leveling Erenor Items up are reduced by 30% instead of 5% and 10% originally announced.

With this change Erenor will become cheaper and more affordable.

Erenor was additionally tested and confirmed to remain the strongest type of gear even with 5% armor nerf and 10% nerf in weapon and jewelry. Due to it no further changes will be made to it and nerf % will remain the same.

Back