What's new

Anything 3.5 related

If we take bank deposits as an example I can tell you that not long ago world banks started to implement new system, so if you are keeping money in the bank you need to pay them for it.
For example you deposit 100% and at the end of the term you'll only get 98% back. It's called a Negative Interest Rate.
That's the world bank, if we used this in America, nobody would not put their money in the bank. Just like in game, if this change were to occur, it will drive people away. (Banks in America create a positive interest rate creating more incentive to put money in their bank)

I totally agree with @Hazelnut and the others in relation to the fact that this requirement to get a certain amount of xp in order to maintain a guild lvl 6+ at their lvls, just create a feeling of obligation. I mean, outside of this game you already have so many obligations to deal with. When i play this game i just wanna have fun and relax and not play because there is something there that "I NEED (requirement)" to do or else i ll be punished in sort of way.

We'd still like to keep the deranking system as it will help to remove inactive guilds from the top and it's the only way to do it.

From my understanding, the main problem of all guilds is a need to gain EXP daily, so guild can't miss a few days. We can do a few changes so guilds would have this opportunity to miss a few days.
I'm speaking about small casual guilds not the guilds with 60+ players, as requirements should be easy to be completed for them and such guild can't be out for the vocation all together.

An alternative to the current change can be the following (for all lvl 6; 7 and 8 guilds):
  • Guild needs to gain 1200EXP/1400EXP/1600EXP within the last 7 days. System check will be automatically done daily.
  • If guild doesn't get 1200EXP/1400EXP/1600EXP within last 7 days, guild is considered inactive and will lose 20.000 EXP on the 8th day. Next day last 7 days check will be done again.

If I can speak from a psychological standpoint, the term Classical conditioning refers to influencing behavior with rewards and punishments. When talking about Classical conditioning, you only use punishments to stop a behavior, an example is punishing a person that stole items with jail time. On the other hand, you only use rewards to increase a behavior, an example is rewarding a person that worked for them with money.
I do see why you want to implement this change, you want the dead guilds to be 'removed' or 'reduced. I can only say that the punishment idea is not a good idea.
For everyone else, lay out suggestions for what should be done so that both parties are happy, because there is middle ground, I'm sure of it, we just need to give it some more thought.
Just to be clear:
-Players want no punishments
-Devs want dead guilds to be 'removed' and/or 'reduced'

I talked with a few people about a way to satisfy what everyone wants.

I think the guild xp requirement is a good idea, but we just need to switch the punishment aspect to be a reward aspect, instead of removing guild xp to satisfy guild leaderboard placements, make it to where If you reach a weekly/monthly requirement for guild xp, then your guild can be used in sieges. This uses the idea of rewarding guilds for reaching the requirement, while also making sure that alt/inactive guilds cannot be used in sieges.
The original updates for 3.0b regarding sieges says that guilds must be in a certain place on the leaderboards with a couple of other requirements. I say, scratch that and make it to where guilds just need to reach a certain amount of guild xp to siege.

This should solve the problem and if anyone, including devs, has any objections towards this suggestion, please offer constructive criticism.

An alternative to the current change can be the following (for all lvl 6; 7 and 8 guilds):
  • Guild needs to gain 1200EXP/1400EXP/1600EXP within the last 7 days. System check will be automatically done daily.
  • If guild doesn't get 1200EXP/1400EXP/1600EXP within last 7 days, guild is considered inactive and will lose 20.000 EXP on the 8th day. Next day last 7 days check will be done again.

To clarify, are you saying 1200 EXP for all 7 days total?
Or 8,400 EXP total from the last 7 days?

Edit: I think I understand...
Don't reach the XP requirement 1 day, lose 20k for that week.
Don't reach the XP requirement for all 7 days, still lose only 20k for that week rather than 20k per day.

Last edited:
People seem to miss that besides the "punishment" there's also some new rewards, altho other than the Guild Bank we still don't know what those are.

Minimum 6000 EXP tho, 1200 EXP is easy to get with a few alts doing experia.

You lost me. I don't get it.

If we take bank deposits as an example I can tell you that not long ago world banks started to implement new system, so if you are keeping money in the bank you need to pay them for it.
For example you deposit 100% and at the end of the term you'll only get 98% back. It's called a Negative Interest Rate.

You wouldn't bank there would you? Not sure how banking works in Russia but in the USA we have a ton of choices and the rewards we get from our banks are generally pretty good. Negative interest rates are for central banks to encourage branch and commercial banks to give out loans. It's a means of economic stimulus, and not something that would affect a consumer directly. You didn't answer my question, though, and it's because I know the answer. You wouldn't bank there. It'd piss you off.

We'd still like to keep the deranking system as it will help to remove inactive guilds from the top and it's the only way to do it.

From my understanding, the main problem of all guilds is a need to gain EXP daily, so guild can't miss a few days. We can do a few changes so guilds would have this opportunity to miss a few days.
I'm speaking about small casual guilds not the guilds with 60+ players, as requirements should be easy to be completed for them and such guild can't be out for the vocation all together.

This is a step in the right direction but only because it's less invasive and doesn't require daily upkeep. I'd like to see the decay system gone altogether. What's the harm in inactive guilds being in the rankings? They leveled up. They put the work in. They put the time in. They put the materials in. Your character doesn't lose levels because you don't log in. Your mount doesn't lose levels because you don't summon it. The only "harm" in having inactive guilds keep their rank is castle sieges. But you've already said that the goal here isn't to affect sieges. What is the goal? Why do guilds have to de-level? Why can't they just be whatever level they attained?

About losing guild XP...
That is absolutely ridiculous.
As much as I hate to admit it, I totally agree with Dahmer on this and he's already said everything I would have brought up.

Who cares if there are more inactive guilds? Since when is how guilds decide to play up to you? There are plenty of really cool little potato guilds that more social players and farmers enjoy being in while they gear up. Those guilds busted ass to get to the level they're at today... And now you want to punish them? Same goes for bigger guilds even. We have enough to focus on with gearing and shit. We busted ass to get to the level we are so that we can focus on other things in game. Not all of us have time to log on EVERY day. We have lives outside of game too.

If you start manipulating how players have to play, which you will do by manipulating guilds... Then this is no longer an open-sandbox game... It's more like a sandbox that you try to play puppet-masters with us in. Let us play and enjoy the game how we want to.

Don't be Trion and start ruining it for everyone. Let us play how we want.. Or you will start losing a lot of your player base.

You seem to be missing Sparkles point, yes yes we know (good few of you) "we don't want to be punished for time spent xping guild" but think of a better solution than Sparkles for dealing with Guilds who abandon the game to play other games but still get free guild rewards (and better rewards in the future).

I haven't played this game for long, but i'm already super impressed by how much benefits you get from having a guild, A guild can simply be a place that houses members and you go to wars with other guilds, no free handouts for daily activity. At this point it seems like the only way to keep the part timers/Apex Legend players happy is to just remove most of daily guild rewards! Then everyone can keep their cakes....they just have no added sugar.

Inactive Guilds will look bad on any server, Also I really don't see a problem with a couple of days until you lose XP, it improves the guild system, a little more force for people to work together feels like a positive thing to me and it stops a good few random ass guilds being made (this always looks nasty on most servers).

Is this 1200 EXP for the whole 7 days or for each day? I believe that if it’s 1200 EXP for 7 days then that change isn’t bad.

@Sparkle do you mean guilds would only have to get 1200 xp per week at level 6? I think that is 100% fine if that is the case. It would be really sad to have worked and spent gold to level guilds to 6 or 7 and have them degrade. People spend gold on experias and the mats for the banners to upgrade guilds. Taking that away would be a low blow.

People seem to miss that besides the "punishment" there's also some new rewards, altho other than the Guild Bank we still don't know what those are.

Minimum 6000 EXP tho, 1200 EXP is easy to get with a few alts doing experia.

A guild bank should be something people strive to work towards with their guild level in order to earn. They shouldn't be required to keep working on progression to keep the guild bank. It seems like they're adding more complication to their custom code that they don't need to for a feature punishment no one asked for.

I need to have a certain amount of Gilda in my inventory to unlock a daily Merit quest that I then need to click every day to unlock a new daily. My daily Merit quest for that slot right now is "craft a trade pack of Hellswamp Spicy Meat" for 5 gold and 2 Merit Badges. If I choose to not do this daily Merit quest, I don't get the gold and the Merit Badges. This system would take 28 Merit Badges and 70 from my inventory. It's a small amount of effort to work towards on my part, so why not have the daily Merit quests do the same thing?

Because of how the daily progression system works. The system AT NO POINT punishes you for inactivity in your daily personal progression...so why introduce a system that punishes you for lack of personal progression? Make people work towards the 1200 XP a day to receive the reward/benefit in the same vein that you have to kill 30 mobs in Calmlands to get a Merit Badge and 5 gold without adding a caveat of "if you don't do this, you lose 70 gold and 14 Merit Badges".

Was there any discussion about fishing in its current state? I believe that fishing as a form of income is lagging behind other methods and should be something that feels rewarding and not like it's a waste of time. While Fishing at sea and turning in fish is at a fixed rate, the value of other items constantly rises due to inflation. So, the more time passes the less point there is to fish. For example, if I spend 2 hours out at sea, risking my life and boat and fish for a 130g haul in.. and I spend 2 hours farming crates and sell MGP/archeum crystals for 400 gold.. what incentive is there to go fishing other than that I enjoy fishing in MMOs? Fast forward a few months and that 2 hours farming purses becomes a 800 gold return due to inflation, while that 2 hours fishing is still 130g.

I feel like I speak for fisherman server-wide when I say please... take a loot at fishing as a source of income.

@Sparkle

But can you still reply to my question and explain why it's complicated for the guild counting 65 members to gain 1400 EXP within a day?
Maybe we all are wrong and even if guild is active, this amount of EXP for the guild in exchange to good in-game bonuses is a lot and we just need to reverse the changes and remove bonuses (currently announced and future) as it's impossible to get more and do nothing for it.
I'm not worried about my guild getting the exp. I'm actually thinking forward into the future about how this will affect all players, smaller guilds, and worried about the administrations mindset that players aren't actually deserving of what they earn and that they should be taken away from the players if they're even slightly inactive.

I'd also like to bring this exact line from you back up:
This change isn't done for the sieges only. Sieges received changes in 3.0b.
It takes less than a minute to find out the reason it was done for on here, you go to the RU forums and see their patch notes and it explicitly states thats this change was done for the following, and you can even check Soren's original russian version of the notes but for the sake of clarity here is there english one:
upload_2019-3-4_19-35-8.png

The only benefits to being in the top ranked guilds is to be able to siege. Now what created this situation where guilds have issues of sieges? Lets take a look back at the 3.0b patch notes:
upload_2019-3-4_19-37-51.png

The issue guilds are having in doing sieges are because of YOUR changes to the siege system, because of the custom 3.0b changes the server has missed out on so many potential sieges because of those changes. So don't try and deny that this guild exp bullshit is anything other than a band-aid fix for a problem made by poorly designed custom changes.

So what we are going to do with ur alt guilds that you guys use to bid on castles ? Delete them ? Cuz we all know what is going here right ?
Meanwhile in reality you've used an alt guild to bid on your castle so many times up until pirates infiltrated it to try and siege your castle. People like you who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, Havockitty. As per usual, you bring absolutely nothing to the table with your posts.

Your character doesn't lose levels because you don't log in. Your mount doesn't lose levels because you don't summon it.
Careful don't give them any ideas.

Or you can remove the guild decay stuff entirely, nobody wants this.

This affects ALL level 6-7 Guilds : FTW, Privateers, Divinity, Zerg, Adorable, Etc, are all going to be affected.

DB

Please don't throw us into your post just to make a point. We don't care whether the new guild xp system is implemented or not. Like I said earlier in my post we don't have problems with people being active and just doing the normal dailies like cr, bunker, and experias/pack. The only thing we'd like to see is a counter for how much xp is needed for that day. If we ever needed more active people, we'd just recruit :D

Last edited:
Could I get some feedback for my earlier post #345, it was regarding a suggestion I made. I'm just trying to solve this whole dispute so that we can get a change so that everyone is happy (devs included).
@Sparkle

Honestly, need to stop reconsidering changes based on the same few people that are complaining all day about anything that affects them in any way.

The daily's should be done anyways, the fact that guilds with 60+ members are complaining that they can't get a few quests done is sad. Why should you get rewards if you don't want to play the game?

Also you guys are acting like if your guild misses one day worth of requirements you're going to lose your level instantly, level 7 - 8 is 660,000 EXP.

If everyone magically didn't log in for 1 day, you're not going to lose an entire level. Game systems change, learn to adapt to them, encourage people to do the quests. Most MMOs if you don't do all the daily's you're usually behind on character progression, just so happens to be guilds in this situation.

There is no point of having increased buffs from the usual ones if there isn't a way to lose them, no point of adding it if everyone has it.

Back