What's new

ArcheRage 3.0 Discussion

Yeah if a race swap or item transfer is possible I'd wager most people would be for it. Seems hard to stay competitive without being one of the new races, that being said I never played 3.0 so idk.

keep aria's autograph in the game, it was horrible in 3.0 fresh start but here everyone is rocking divine t5 or better so it would be a good catchup mechanic for new players while not breaking the game
if you allow race changes make sure they 100% work, i remember trion stating the reason they didn't offer them was due to issues with factions and quests breaking
keep synthium in coinpurses, removing it made no sense at all

Some suggestions to consider:

1) Gemming: A buff to socketing chance as discussed in the megathread. Keep (or adjust) the poor gemming rates for honor gems, but make it so they don't break the previous ones. There's a happy balance to be struck. It's not necessarily a 3.0 thing, but as you're changing half the game anyway...

2) Skills: Class skill changes such as bondbreaker etc to stay.

3) Crafting: No gilda packs. It's a baffling poorly thought through change from XL (as most of their changes tend to be).

4) Crafting II : Royal Seed boogaloo: Not even once. Another bad change that should be removed, or have them available on vendors for silver. Having other crops/trees/animals etc locked behind vocation is also a bad idea. If these can't be removed then add them to vendors as they are now. This is especially important given that the no second account rule here would render the family changes implausible.

5) Crafting part the third: Tax changes don't need to go in; they can make tax more expensive at first and maybe free up a bit of land, but eventually it becomes cheaper and ultimately worsens the situation. The new zones will be helping quite a bit anyway.

5) Families: to that end, get rid of the family changes or if you're going to inflict those heinous daily quests upon us, make them easily soloable or completable with limited input. As you have already realised, they won't work with the no alt-account policy, plus they're just not fun.

6) Coin Purses: Whatever the intention of the change was on live, it just made things a little shittier for people that farm coin purses.

7 Race Changes: These may not be possible (to all shitbirds in the thread screaming about it not being possible - they asked what we wanted, so we're telling them) but if it is, or if it's possible but requires manual adjustments, then charge appropriately or institute a list. It's convenience rather than anything game breaking, but it would be nice.

8) (edited in) Skill queue: Skill queue won't work for everyone, in fact for some it makes it actively worse. If it goes in, give us a toggle so those affected can turn it off. Or just don't stick it in (fnarr) and leave the levelish playing field.

Last edited:
Heres my essay of please no...

Vocation:
Don't change this system, but add to it if possible. Doing a massive change to a system that isn't broken is unnecessary. Requiring families to do daily quests just adds more dailies to a game that is already a giant daily fest. The daru bundles are fine where they are, they don't need to be behind a proficiency wall.

Trading and Pack creation:
The husbandry changes, just no.
Gilda star on packs? Really? No there too.
Changing resource requirements massively for such a slight boost in pack gold gain? no there too, it makes well over 3/4 of the packs not worth running. Forget that the pack creation labor cost has been lowered by 20 points, that is irrelevant when you need 20-50% more material to makes some of these packs at 3.0
Larder material changes? Way to make honey larders the only ones worth running, MAYBE... Don't change that, If anything drop the material cost for salve larders to balance the general costs that way.
Also keep stabilisers exactly how it is now, the removal of rock-salt and Crystal just makes no sense to me. The original removal of gilda trading on the man continent and gold trading overseas in 1.2 was already stupid, lets not restrict what we can and can't do any further.

Crafting:
A lot of crafting recipes, like steel ammo and ship parts, got a hell of a lot more expensive in 3.0. There's no point increasing natural gold income if they cost to create items increases even more. Either re-balance them out, or avoid the changes all together.
Tax Certs = 200 Labor, this is a given, and shouldn't be changed. Increasing it won't stop land hoarders at all.

Skills:
I have nothing to say here, let the PvPers talk about this one.

Coin-purses:
While the 3.0 changes were unnecessary, I can see why it was changed. I have no input here.

Obsidian Materials:
Not sure why these changes were made, seems to make it harder to push obsidian equipment. maybe hold on this?

Taxes:
Again, why the increase here? Trion wanted people to have less land, all it did was cause more tax slave accounts to be created. We have 40 labor per 5 as well as the stipend here, Tax increases would have to be 600% on the 3rd property to mean anything here. Don't bother, keep it at 2.9 here.

Marketplace:
Keep the stipend. This drives the credit market once you have everything else you want for this server, it keeps people playing.
Avoid the removal of items that Trion did with the whole "fresh Start" shenanigans.

Basically, don't change what isn't broken and is working as intended unless it can be improved upon. Don't take away player options and don't make existing recipes extremely convoluted and non-nonsensical. If it doesn't make intuitive sense, don't do it.

This + removal of gilda off regular packs and gem changes.

This is risky. It greatly devalues those who have divine ayanads already. At most I'd like to see a charm only for unique grade, so it can't be abused for celest -> Epic.

Increasing drop rate on Lib items would be nice to. Farming mats for T6 is cancerous enough with x2. I wish it was x5.
A charm for unique.. Like red regrade charms? No, the anchoring charms are rare and are fine.

SAY NO TO ROYAL SEEDS -That whole system of royal seeds destroyed larder farming and weakened trading as a whole.

While your at it cut out all of this garbage below that made husbandry a dead profession!

Husbandry (Harvesting)
  • Recipe Adjustment: Multi-Purpose Aging Larder – now requires 1 royal seed instead of 6 shatigon’s blessing.
  • Recipe Addition: Livestock Supplement. Requires 3 hushed star healing potions and 3 clover. No longer purchased with vocation points.
  • Recipe Adjustment: Small bamboo chicken, duck, and goose cages now require 180000 Husbandry Skill. These coops and cages now require 5 bait worms instead of shatigon’s blessings.
  • Famed Recipe Adjustment: Sheep, goat, cow, yata, and bear pens now require 230000 Husbandry Skill. These pens now require 1-2 heavy hardwood instead of shatigon’s blessings.
  • Recipe Adjustment: Experia Duck Patch – now requires 10 royal seeds instead of blue salt hammers.
  • Fresh Fertilizer can be obtained as a rare harvest.
All of the above made 100's quit the game all together and destroyed Husbandry for good!

That was one of the reasons that made me quit the oficial AA. Also, the requirement of gilda stars to craft a single pack. These ckanges pretty much killed the in-game economy oce players couldnt properly make profit with packs in order to gear up and improve.
Please, dont make this Royal Seed thing happen in this server, as well those family changes and vocations too.

Heres my essay of please no...

Vocation:
Don't change this system, but add to it if possible. Doing a massive change to a system that isn't broken is unnecessary. Requiring families to do daily quests just adds more dailies to a game that is already a giant daily fest. The daru bundles are fine where they are, they don't need to be behind a proficiency wall.

Trading and Pack creation:
The husbandry changes, just no.
Gilda star on packs? Really? No there too.
Changing resource requirements massively for such a slight boost in pack gold gain? no there too, it makes well over 3/4 of the packs not worth running. Forget that the pack creation labor cost has been lowered by 20 points, that is irrelevant when you need 20-50% more material to makes some of these packs at 3.0
Larder material changes? Way to make honey larders the only ones worth running, MAYBE... Don't change that, If anything drop the material cost for salve larders to balance the general costs that way.
Also keep stabilisers exactly how it is now, the removal of rock-salt and Crystal just makes no sense to me. The original removal of gilda trading on the man continent and gold trading overseas in 1.2 was already stupid, lets not restrict what we can and can't do any further.

Crafting:
A lot of crafting recipes, like steel ammo and ship parts, got a hell of a lot more expensive in 3.0. There's no point increasing natural gold income if they cost to create items increases even more. Either re-balance them out, or avoid the changes all together.
Tax Certs = 200 Labor, this is a given, and shouldn't be changed. Increasing it won't stop land hoarders at all.

Skills:
I have nothing to say here, let the PvPers talk about this one.

Coin-purses:
While the 3.0 changes were unnecessary, I can see why it was changed. I have no input here.

Obsidian Materials:
Not sure why these changes were made, seems to make it harder to push obsidian equipment. maybe hold on this?

Taxes:
Again, why the increase here? Trion wanted people to have less land, all it did was cause more tax slave accounts to be created. We have 40 labor per 5 as well as the stipend here, Tax increases would have to be 600% on the 3rd property to mean anything here. Don't bother, keep it at 2.9 here.

Marketplace:
Keep the stipend. This drives the credit market once you have everything else you want for this server, it keeps people playing.
Avoid the removal of items that Trion did with the whole "fresh Start" shenanigans.

Basically, don't change what isn't broken and is working as intended unless it can be improved upon. Don't take away player options and don't make existing recipes extremely convoluted and non-nonsensical. If it doesn't make intuitive sense, don't do it.

I agree with you

I was actually told a lot that it was coming a lot later and even if it was prepared beforehand, do you just save gear in your inventory and stick to basic gears, making you pretty much unable to compete in PvP because its all sitting in your bag?
I doubt anyone is asking for obsidian gear to be unbound completely (or at least I was not) so that players can abuse the system by selling the pieces. I was asking for a way to transfer them on my account from one character to another.
If it won't be done, that's fine, I can eventually transfer either way by upgrading my current gears/buying new pieces, but this would be a great change for those who are already playing the game and have invested a lot of time into it, but want to change to the new race.
I completely agree with this, make obsidian bound to account but not bound to just one character.

as tons of ppl said alrdy -> vocation changes - family changes - husbndry changes - gilda for trade packs <- those should not b applied imo.
That was one of the reasons that made me quit the oficial AA. Also, the requirement of gilda stars to craft a single pack. These ckanges pretty much killed the in-game economy oce players couldnt properly make profit with packs in order to gear up and improve.
Please, dont make this Royal Seed thing happen in this server, as well those family changes and vocations too.
imo 3.0 was designed to reduce non cash shop players income and make players forced to cash shop, the devs here need to b so wise , imo if they leave most prof they way they r will b so cool , also no royal seed , no fam quests
-------
And please GMS : thr are alot of Europe players in this server , so reconsider the content time for us . there is no europe server -> Russian server =/= europe server

Some of this might have been said already:
  • Please do not introduce "no-break" charms. (If you really want it then make it difficult to get)
  • No mistsong weapons.
  • New housing area's (Not really something for devs, more for mods), try and deal with land hackers.
  • Keep the current vocation system (It makes it a neat market)
  • Keep the fishing buff to populate the ocean.

hello friends I am of little participation in the forum but if I read today I just want to ask for when this update will be so I hope that I have not raised my arms waiting for this to raise the tier and pass everything to the new race that comes there. .

postscript if I use google translator :( greetings

imo 3.0 was designed to reduce non cash shop players income and make players forced to cash shop

And do you really think they won't do it here too for the same reason?

Anyway, so far I agree with everyone mentioning vocation changes, family quests, royal seeds, gilda for trade packs, no-break charms, coinpurse farming, profession needed for apothecary and other houses, lib farming, and tax rates.

Is there anything in 3.0 that could balance out gold inflation on this server? How nerfed do coin purses get?

Could we lower the crafting requirements on mining materials? It's been almost 2 months of massive losses from crafting and only whales can do it.

For me the idea behind vocation change was to bring people back together with families.
Players would create families with many different professions. Not every profession require vocation to do their job but EVERY player can do vocation dailies. This way families could feed the vocations to the player they want to use them ( mostly farmers who also had an option to get them from upgraded house dailies as well ).
Vocation changes to seeds, plants and animals also created a finite market for them controlled by players.
It didnt work on official not because the system was bad but we had an option of multi account that created the infinite amount of vocations and labor and made p2w players way ahead of normal people.

They changed it a bit in 3.5 or 4.0 i dont remember exactly but they added some vocations to the gathering process so the person that gathers stuff gets some back. Im all up to that change and would love something like this here.

Also maybe just lower the cost of various items in vocation shop.

As for special bundles behind the proficiency at 230k - i think they should stay as they were in 3.0 - its a nice reward for the player that pushed his work so far. And that player gains some value because he can make them / sell them to others.

All in all - do not view the 3.0 ArcheRage patch changes through the official lens w/o acknowledging the differences between both of them.

Back