What's new

ArcheRage 3.0 Discussion

On official server's Rokhala and it's respected zone on the West were the most saught after peices of land. West would go Rokhala for trade runs because they wouldn't be penalized via the tax system if they placed in Eastern Rokhala.

Can we change this and make West pay more for placing on East (as it should be in every zone) and East pay more for placing on West regardless of the affiliation the zone is in. West should be penalized by paying more taxes for placing on the East and visa versa but for what ever reason on Official release this was not the case, Rokhala filled instantly by western player's leaving those of us having no land trying to buy off of them which defeats the purpose of the land if i'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the consideration, i only want to see reds in Eastern lands if there's pvp or they're actually paying stoopid prices to live there (as it should be) and visa versa.

I don't know if that would matter to much because you are allowed 6 characters on one account. So they can have an alt on the other side, get the land and send the mats over to their main or sell the land.

But that is a lot of packs one has to make in order to get 1k gold saved up. Coupled with the RNG of item leveling and the gold cost to fail constantly, all of that is going to make it hard to compete. Where as someone with a lot of money can just buy the gold and think nothing of it but everyone else who does not have money to throw into a game it is going to hurt by this. Here is another scenario, botting is going to increase if more gold is going to be demanded out of players to do just basic things like hold property. The only thing this will accomplish is to make gold selling and botting more profitable.
1k gold is nothing.. absolutely nothing in this game. You can hardly make a celestial t1 with that if you have garbage rng, much less even buy you one!

I tell you, if you make a gold to taxes, it will be too high for someone absolutely new to the game and too low for land barons. I own 2 gazebos and can make 600g profit on a bad day, so gold isn't the answer.

I don't know if that would matter to much because you are allowed 6 characters on one account. So they can have an alt on the other side, get the land and send the mats over to their main or sell the land.

That is fine, what i'm talking about is red character's going to these new zones and placing down land with out any penalties at all. That's a big problem to me, if they want to make an alt fine, but bringing their red mains into the area and taking the land i think is a bad idea.

Just make it so they have to pay the usual tax increase for placing outside of their faction's area, is all i was saying.

I remember they wound up removing the swift steeds you could purchase on Mirage Isle for 50G. Is it possible to re-add those in the cash shop for gold or something? I liked the potential speed they had and how they looked. Thank you, I look forward to this update.

If real life happens, YES you should be penalized and NOT be allowed to hold onto your land if you can not even play for 14 days.. HALF A MONTH of logging in for 1 minute
If you can not log in for 1 minute a day for half a month, you should not be allowed to hold onto your land. Grow a fucking brain.

You obviously don't understand RL enough to make an intelligent conversation w/out trying to attack someone on a personal level. I apologize if what i said offended you, but i disagree with you, yet again. Adding patron behind a wall is pointless, land isn't an issue as there is plenty of it for sale on top of that you're saying new player's wouldn't be allowed to put land down until half a month and wouldn't be entitled to the 400% xp buff which means they spend more time in the lower level's and as it stands already you can't use labor till you're 52 anyways so why punish people for being casual or having real life issue's they have to deal with that could prevent them from entering the game 1 minute a day for 14 days.

is anyone actually suggesting that new accounts don't begin with patron? I think the idea is to just have patron eventually expire for accounts that stop logging in.

is anyone actually suggesting that new accounts don't begin with patron? I think the idea is to just have patron eventually expire for accounts that stop logging in.

Ok, well that bring's up another question... how does that stop people from holding onto land? Let's say they have patron and pay their land up for 5 weeks.. the land still wont become available for another 5 weeks regardless if they have patron or not. So putting it behind a wall would not solve the problem. Maybe it would prevent a few people from logging in and paying it at the last minute but those people don't usually pay ahead.

A bigger problem would be the people using macro's to grab the land and selling it a higher price than it's worth would be more of a problem than people holding land that they're not using.

I just don't see how putting patron behind a login wall helps the server at all, i would think an increase in taxes per property would solve the problem a lot easier than that. Especially since you'll be able to trade the taxes in 3.0.

Last edited:
I was brought here because Ariess locked up the other thread. How dare they question the infallible overlords?!

Please change server name to DailyRage. It would be more appropriate in 3.0.

There will be an exodus away from the Archerage server if 3.0 changes are implemented exactly as live did. Even with a 30% reduction in vocation costs to buy seeds, *it is not enough*. This is not the change we asked for, not even close.

The *entire community* is demanding that the vocation changes basically be scrapped, or heavily modified. Why are the developers proceeding with ignoring these requests? It's been stated several times they have the ability to modify things.

I've been a very avid supporter, as well as generous donator to this server. I know for a fact several other people have as well. Not implementing the community requested changes for vocation really will kill off your server. You'll be left with a shell, just like live is right now.

Not only that, but I have a feeling none of the other changes requested are going to be made either. This does not bode well for the future of this server, at all.

This entire community has already been here, at this exact same spot. We did it with Trion. I am viewing pretty much the same pattern here. You ask us what we want, we tell you, it gets ignored. We came here because there were promises of change, and community based input to the game. Yall did some of that. But right now, you are standing at a major potential turning point. You can take a unique path, a path that the community asked for, and watch your server flourish. Or you could take the path Trion did, and watch your server die.

I love the AR team. I appreciate what yall are doing. But right now, I am seeing you guys pull the same stunts Trion did. I think I speak for everyone when I say, we need a little more transparency, and we definitely need yall to listen to what we're asking. We get that not every single thing can be implemented, and some community ideas are downright stupid, but one of the LARGEST complaints about 3.0 is the Vocation, and the devs are just steaming ahead with it anyway. Not good, not good at all.

Last edited:
i am looking for this "30%" vocation change part .. i can't find it can you link the forum post where they are saying they are doing the vocation changes?

Since the other thread, not really related that much to 3.0 discussion got closed - gonna repost the vocation changes in 3.0 (pictures taken from ArcheRage RU). Gonna repeat myself - maximum vocation badges from doing dailies(which requires a family 2-3 ppl) and some other dailies - net u around 8000 vocation badges per day.

Vocation crops:
unknown.png

Gold crops:
unknown.png

The 30% thingy was mentioned in this forum post, but the thread is closed now:
https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/hey-guys-2-days-till-march.4912/page-2#post-39882
just read all the posts from Sparkle

Last edited:
Since the other thread, not really related that much to 3.0 discussion got closed - gonna repost the vocation changes in 3.0 (pictures taken from ArcheRage RU). Gonna repeat myself - maximum vocation badges from doing dailies(which requires a family 2-3 ppl) and some other dailies - net u around 8000 vocation badges per day.

Vocation crops:
unknown.png

Gold crops:
unknown.png

The 30% thingy was mentioned in this forum post, but the thread is closed now:
https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/hey-guys-2-days-till-march.4912/page-2#post-39882
just read all the posts from Sparkle

This is the same thing that trion did it, where is royal seeds? Are we get the royal seeds just from single seeds? Maybe is better i craft 1k larders b4 the update then.

There will be an exodus away from the Archerage server if 3.0 changes are implemented exactly as live did. Even with a 30% reduction in vocation costs to buy seeds, *it is not enough*. This is not the change we asked for, not even close.

The *entire community* is demanding that the vocation changes basically be scrapped, or heavily modified. Why are the developers proceeding with ignoring these requests? It's been stated several times they have the ability to modify things.

I've been a very avid supporter, as well as generous donator to this server. I know for a fact several other people have as well. Not implementing the community requested changes for vocation really will kill off your server. You'll be left with a shell, just like live is right now.

Not only that, but I have a feeling none of the other changes requested are going to be made either. This does not bode well for the future of this server, at all.

This entire community has already been here, at this exact same spot. We did it with Trion. I am viewing pretty much the same pattern here. You ask us what we want, we tell you, it gets ignored. We came here because there were promises of change, and community based input to the game. Yall did some of that. But right now, you are standing at a major potential turning point. You can take a unique path, a path that the community asked for, and watch your server flourish. Or you could take the path Trion did, and watch your server die.

I love the AR team. I appreciate what yall are doing. But right now, I am seeing you guys pull the same stunts Trion did. I think I speak for everyone when I say, we need a little more transparency, and we definitely need yall to listen to what we're asking. We get that not every single thing can be implemented, and some community ideas are downright stupid, but one of the LARGEST complaints about 3.0 is the Vocation, and the devs are just steaming ahead with it anyway. Not good, not good at all.

@vulgrr you said that 30% reduction in vocation costs to buy seeds is not enough. Could you please specify how much is enough?
Prior making further changes, like increasing the quantity of vocations or reducing the prices even more, we need to understand, how are you going to use these vocations?

Not an easy question but it has to be asked.
Are you bringing 3.0 into a Stale server(s) or fresh server(s)?

There are many problems with this like
- those who dont want their time wasted.
-those who Really enjoy a fresh server to come back too.
-Money and such.

But why i ask the question is cus well for me and many others why we come back to ArcheAge (Retail) is because of the resets/fresh starts.
No one likes coming to a MMO such like this late with those whom are 5k+ gearscore, they like even playing ground. And yes you can argue with increase labour they catch up fast. With a rather large handicap.

True you cant do a simple restart cus those who invest time, effort, money dont want it to be wiped and most likely complain. I dont blame them!

Suggestion: Rather then wiping or no. why dont you bring (Like trino did) fresh server to the mix allowing those who want a more balanced start and those who enjoy the restart and more importantly fresh faces to come in to ArcheRage. 3.0 opportunity for fresh server considering it be the new races, new maps and slightly different mind set in combat (transformations). But who to say you dont take the chance then, you may find some player base heading off to Archeage freshstart server, which they have comfirmed and yet to announce a date.

This server is only 4 months old, sorry but there will be no fresh start server. With all the benefits this server offers over trion live servers it is very easy to catch up.

This server is only 4 months old, sorry but there will be no fresh start server. With all the benefits this server offers over trion live servers it is very easy to catch up.

Very true and 4 months old we're at this point. Do notice the increase of labour (The benefits) does increase progression rapidly comparing to retail? does make easy catch but the gold farming inflation and sellers do play its part. there are more factors to this at first glance which does suggest server has got stale.

Thank you very for answering.

@vulgrr you said that 30% reduction in vocation costs to buy seeds is not enough. Could you please specify how much is enough?
Prior making further changes, like increasing the quantity of vocations or reducing the prices even more, we need to understand, how are you going to use these vocations?
Well, like I said in the other thread (though my numbers were off because I didn't really look closely enough at the pictures and didn't realize they were already at 30% discount lol), at 8k vocation max a day you can buy a total of 226 of the 30 vocation seeds, the type that take about 4-8 hours to grow as bundles. That's an extremely low amount, right now I personally utilize a good 3-4k of those same sorts of (slower growing) seeds every day, and those I turn into potions - or I'll use even 5k seeds if I'm just planting the 4 hour timer ones and selling them in the AH.

I suppose the tradeoff is that the prices of all those things will skyrocket (including the raw mats, potions, food, alchemy oils and pigments, etc), but I'm not sure if that would be a good or bad thing lol, stuff like that can already be hard to sell even at low prices :p

The problem here is limiting the ammount of seeds we can buy and plant everyday, as a sandbox game, i'd like to have the freedom to run to a vendor, buy whatever i want and plant it as many times as i'd like, I remember having no enough seeds on live to spend my labor on, and this problem will become even more hideous here as we have 4x labor.

We are not asking for number adjustments or price tweaks , but for the avaiability of both systems in action, just adding plants, saplings and animals to the vendors for gold would make everyone happy, thats SUCH an easy change................................................................

The problem here is limiting the ammount of seeds we can buy and plant everyday, as a sandbox game, i'd like to have the freedom to run to a vendor, buy whatever i want and plant it as many times as i'd like, I remember having no enough seeds on live to spend my labor on, and this problem will become even more hideous here as we have 4x labor.
We are not asking for number adjustments or price tweaks , but for the avaiability of both systems in action, just adding plants, saplings and animals to the vendors for gold would make everyone happy, thats SUCH an easy change................................................................
I agree and as I posted here before, the vocation were never the issue per se but the hide vocation behind more dailies and put the efficient seed on it to brute force you to do them.

There is no need to change the current 3.0 implementation, just tell the devs to alter the items table, like this:

1.) All seed/Animals/Corals should be buyable on both vocation and NPC, if you are worried about gold excess just up the prices for the seeds on the NPC(not like this server have much issues with that to start with and so far I haven't seen 1 bot, soooooo)

2.) Royal seeds only had 1 problem, it only dropped from single planting, tell the devs to go and single plant an entire 24x24 and I'm sure they will understand why this change had such huge backslash, simple solution make the seeds drop from bundles(this should be more than enough tho) as well AND/OR add it the vocation shop. that is it no need to drown in a cup of water

3.) The damn family daily quests, leave them as retail if you wish(maybe even boost the quest reward 1.5x) since those are nice to have OPTIONALLY when you run of vocation or even for those PVP focused player that don't want to farm on land to get some but still wanna buy stuff from the vocation shop.<-- please note OPTIONAL is on caps

4.) Optional: If you guys wanna encourage vocation farming, don't go around like headless chickens and do what XL did, put the low end (the blue one) car design on the vocation shop or maybe even some treehouses as another method of getting them or whatever would make people interested in farming them and like magic everyone will be farming vocation like their life depend on it

Back