What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

I don't know if I'm in a minority here but on live when the Rampages were released and they took out the "Blue Salt Delivery quest" in the family tab, I was really disappointed. I wanted to be able to drive my friends around to whatever community center in my Rampage with them to help them as well as myself, so I REALLY want that to stay, that being said, that's not the only thing.

-Please, PLEASE keep the trade system the way it is currently, I didn't have much of a problem making gold when they changed it on live but I still hated it.
-Please keep the way hereafters are crafted (I don't remember if they changed it with 3.5 but I HATE the way their crafted on live)
-Add more Fresh Fertilizer to the pens and cages, I like to craft my own fuel since its just a touch too much gold wise for me right now.
-The upgrades to the 16s were great! and I would love them here too
-Keep the current way of crafting house decor, the "plans" or books or whatever the fuck they are on live are a pain in the ass, (I think anyway)
-Do NOT add the follow item that we have to buy of a GM on live, I saw some others make a good point about not having alts here so there is no need for it.
-Add the ability to see family and guild land on the map, it was SO useful on live and would love to see it here as well
-As someone who doesn't much care for PVP, the ability to push zones via mob kills would be great!
-Just as an aesthetic, and to add a vendor, add the interior to the Community Centers (I can't get over how empty they are, lol)
-Keep the current Halcyona timer (I personally want to be able to make a merch worth of charcoal packs someday)
-Another big thing is, porting with Rebirth Trama, (I forgot how much of a pain that use to be)
-As someone who likes traderuns, the wall that separates Perinoor from Windscour is very much a hindrance (Though I can understand why its there PVP wise)
-I would love the Ancestral skills personally.
-Keep the cost of socketing gems low (I haven't socketed my gear yet so I donno which version is in use, but when live made it cost 200 a pop (or more, I don't really remember) it became super annoying to gem gear.)
-Add the abilty to attack world bosses while under the "Dominator's Authority buff" (Helps moves things along so people aren't just standing there I think.)

Can open the new PVP zones too just for more content and such, I can't say I personally care either way since, as I've mentioned before, not much of a PVPer.

Thank you!

I would just like to say that since I didn't play 3.5 on live and there is a lot of controversy around the update. I would like to see a PTS before this patch is ever finalized. I think Crafting, Trade and Progression is the main factors of this game. Currently everyone understands those and right now the gear gap is borderline bad. If you rework the crafting, trade and progression all at once it will have a pretty negative effect. 3.5 will likely increase the gear gap, reduce trading and really mess with balance. So it would be nice to test out your changes and find a way to maintain those key elements while keeping everyone happy and the server fresh. I love PVP but without the potatoes keeping the economy running the whole thing will collapse.

Absolutely not on the trade aspect 100% ruined AA for a vast majority of the players, 3.0 is the reason im here im not opposed to the other changes as i dont know much about them, but the trade change is why i left AA along with my friends

Is the B200 Rampage Car gonna come out at patch 3.5? If so will a redwood or timber coupe be upgradable? or we gonna have to make it from scratch.

It seems the problems with erenor stem from a higher increase in offense than defense, making pvp more anti-tank than ever. Prehaps reducing that curve slightly, reducing the defense mitigation of longspear by 10-20% to make defensive stats more useful in general.

Please NO to the new trade system.
Yes to Erenor but with modification to get the equipment only slightly better than / close to T7 legendary.
No to new crafting system.

Last edited:
Yes to Erenor -- Release as-is, no modification. I don't understand why everyone is scared. Part of the excitement of a new patch is the new gear to work toward. It's not easy and it's not cheap. Consider the handful of whales on the server, it's not going to be that popular.
Instead of a nerf to Erenor gear, we could use a buff to magic and physical defense for all in 3.5 to compensate for the damage potential of Erenor. I don't think there's anything wrong with everyone being a little tankier and fights lasting a little bit longer. Kusuda made some good points.

With this new gear and crafting change, we need a way to help low-gear and new players bridge the gear gap. You can currently level dungeon gear with Abyssal Shards. A new custom dungeon could be introduced with this same idea but the end result is better gear, fully tiered could be equivalent to Divine Delphinad. Grind for a Divine buff. Or buff the Ocleera gear that's crafted with Revenant Soulstone to make it useful. Nobody bothers crafting these.

I'm excited for 3.5. :D

Last edited:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oCMxgSW4y4sP4MKz1g-4MF2pC3SISNHNcxCayFrqVEw/edit?usp=sharing

If I recall, this never got introduced on this server. It needs to. The biggest problem with ArcheAge as the game progressed was always that it's much easier for a dps to get a good weapon to burst, but much more difficult to be able to get armor that can withstand such burst. Trion/XL ended up multiplying defense values by about 1.8 or 1.9, and but made it so it gave about equal damage reduction; the biggest difference was that longspears and shirtspears couldnt reliably reduce someone to 0 defense.

We already have a few interesting ideas we'd like to keep in secret for now, but we also want to know your thoughts, our ArcheRagers

It's nice to get surprised with game events and gifts, but not with patch 3.5. I kindly suggest to post work-in-progress patch notes with list of changes you gonna make from original.

So people can give suggestions instead of being sceptical and paranoid about what we gonna get in this thread.

trade system defiently no, erenor gear will be ok, the 2 new zones revolved around it so kinda nesasary.
One change that might be nice is the grade requirement for crafting, on this server it would cause the scroll prices to explode to unreasonable amounts if u had to regrade a piece to be able to upgrade it, have it reset and do it all over for next teir. Sure the rng for type was gone, but the cost for the new rng was insane.

No Erenor gear, please. There's already plenty to work towards, unless you're in the top 10 geared or something crazy. I did enjoy the new areas and events, though, so maybe those could offer honor or warrior medals instead.

I liked being able to choose the prefix of crafted gear, but the regrading was a bit of a hassle. Maybe keep the grade requirement, but let the gear keep it's grade when upgraded? Keep the wisp system, also, I can't think of a point to remove it other than to help with crafting obsidian gear.

I honestly didn't have too much of a problem with the 3.5 trade system, the whole idea of it only working if each part was completed was pretty nice, but I understand that not many people are happy with the loss of options for routes. Maybe (and my ideas are usually horrible) keep all of the original gold sellers, but replace the gold sellers with trade outlets where the trade outlets are located. Keep the ability to take normal packs across the Ocean, but make cargo packs worth more to run. Maybe when someone buys a cargo pack from the trade outlet, give the person who turned in the normal packs to make that cargo pack a cut of the gold from the purchase?

I liked Ancestral skills, but as others have said, make sure they're balanced! (If you can, maybe make the archery skills a bit more visually flashy? lol)

Erenor is not really a problem usually but this server has issues with gearing.
Biggest problem is people stuck at 4.5k gearscore and having no clue how to click buttons.

Erenor will be a nice perk to actually rich people but 4.5k gearscore will still doe one after one like now..

What you need to do is work towards pushing people from 4.5 to 5-6k.
You need to make so people is interested in joining larger and experienced guilds.

You should maybe add an all-members reward for high ranks guilds.
nothing special but like items helping people with divine gear, like 2-3 wisps, a red charm and nothing more. (Bound items, for a high rank player is low but for low geared is good)
Mostly since making celestial charms tradable a lot of people achieved to bypass that 4.5k gs limit. just push it a little bit more.

I did enjoy the new areas and events, though, so maybe those could offer honor or warrior medals instead.

I liked being able to choose the prefix of crafted gear, but the regrading was a bit of a hassle. Maybe keep the grade requirement, but let the gear keep it's grade when upgraded? Keep the wisp system, also, I can't think of a point to remove it other than to help with crafting obsidian gear.

I honestly didn't have too much of a problem with the 3.5 trade system, the whole idea of it only working if each part was completed was pretty nice, but I understand that not many people are happy with the loss of options for routes. Maybe (and my ideas are usually horrible) keep all of the original gold sellers, but replace the gold sellers with trade outlets where the trade outlets are located. Keep the ability to take normal packs across the Ocean, but make cargo packs worth more to run. Maybe when someone buys a cargo pack from the trade outlet, give the person who turned in the normal packs to make that cargo pack a cut of the gold from the purchase?

I liked Ancestral skills, but as others have said, make sure they're balanced! (If you can, maybe make the archery skills a bit more visually flashy? lol)
+1 about the gold from generating cargo pack, or just increase pack sell prices (easyer to implement i guess)

Or maybe make so you get cargo certificates only from generating packs and make those tradable thru the auction. (Auto activating quest, every 5 packs you get a cargo certificate)

Well people doesn't loose too many trade routes, you can still craft wherever you want.
Main problem is probably making available traders closer and therefore paying less. Solz to sanddeep pays decently but solz to 2c doesn't.
if you increase trade price you most likely solve the problem

+1 about the gold from generating cargo pack, or just increase pack sell prices (easyer to implement i guess)

Or maybe make so you get cargo certificates only from generating packs and make those tradable thru the auction. (Auto activating quest, every 5 packs you get a cargo certificate)

Well people doesn't loose too many trade routes, you can still craft wherever you want.
Main problem is probably making available traders closer and therefore paying less. Solz to sanddeep pays decently but solz to 2c doesn't.
if you increase trade price you most likely solve the problem

TLDR at the bottom.

Cargo Certificates are from Vocation badges, generating them isn't a problem. The gold generated from the 3.5 trade system isn't the problem, it's the Charcoal Stabilizers. The ways you get Charcoal are funneled down from 105 possible options for Nuians (15 zones, 7 packs per zone) and 98 for Haranyans (14 zones, 7 packs per zone) down to THREE per faction. You have to take the tier 2 cargo packs from your faction to the other faction and turn them in to get a tier 3 pack that you then need to take in-land. From there, you get less Charcoal from a turn-in than you do if you take into account the packs that went into making cargo.

So here's the math and a label of whether that's good or bad for those people that don't seem to get what's going on such as yourself.
1. 203 possible ways to gain Charcoal get bottlenecked down to 6 (obviously bad)
2. The time spent in transit to turn the pack in almost triples, and the time spent in a combative zone increasing the likelyhood you don't even get any charcoal at all is at least doubled (obviously bad)
3. The total Charcoal gains from 1 cargo pack is slightly less than double of what 1 pack turns in for now (keep in mind that to make cargo it takes around a dozen packs of different varieties to make TWO cargo, so 12 packs that turn in for ~30 Charcoal become 2 packs that turn in for 60...clearly bad)
4. You can't guarantee access to the cargo you contributed towards making, so you're either stuck having to stand at the NPC waiting for someone else to turn packs in so you can snipe it, or you're stuck being the person people are waiting on to turn in packs so THEY can snipe it.
snippet about making Delphinad chestpieces go from 175 charcoal to 769 Charcoal (339% increase in cost)
Extra note: Live had 6x as many people as us per AH cluster, and 5.0 just reverted over half of this system. It doesn't work. A larger population of players and inter-faction alliances of pack runners could not make this system work, we definitely will not.

So let's go over this with more math. The ways to gain Charcoal to craft shrinks by 97%. The time spent in transit increases by at least 100%. The charcoal gains per pack involved with this system decreases by 83% (6 packs : 1 cargo). The costs to craft gear can go up by as much as 339%. Total Charcoal gain decreased, time spent increased, Charcoal demand increased. Anyone who thinks this system is/was good is delusional. The gold isn't the problem here Wyatt. It's the Charcoal.

TLDR: 3.5's system is the equivalent of making a 17-lane highway with a speed limit of 50 mph/80 kph shrink down to 1 lane in the middle of rush hour while the police are actively pulling over anyone going slower than the new speed minimum of 150 mph/241 kph, and none of us are the cops in this scenario. Anyone who thinks this is good is fucking retarded.

TLDR at the bottom.

Cargo Certificates are from Vocation badges, generating them isn't a problem. The gold generated from the 3.5 trade system isn't the problem, it's the Charcoal Stabilizers. The ways you get Charcoal are funneled down from 105 possible options for Nuians (15 zones, 7 packs per zone) and 98 for Haranyans (14 zones, 7 packs per zone) down to THREE per faction. You have to take the tier 2 cargo packs from your faction to the other faction and turn them in to get a tier 3 pack that you then need to take in-land. From there, you get less Charcoal from a turn-in than you do if you take into account the packs that went into making cargo.

The gold isn't the problem here Wyatt. It's the Charcoal.
Feelsbadman, trino points to frustrate people so they buy apexes instead.

TLDR to bottom aswell, anyway people do traderuns for charcoal to sell it on 99% cases, so gold.
Also, consider you will have people farming mobs in new areas (crates and coinpurses), so you need to provide a good alternative.

If people gets more gold for normal traderuns you can just let higher geared players deliver cargo packs,
who cares really if you sell charcoal for gold or just get gold directly and buy charcoal someone else delivered.
would be a win-win situation.
Even tho yes, we will need more charcoal than that.

Anyway i spoke about cargo certificates and proposed to remove those from vocation shop;
You would earn those trading in normal packs.

What happens in 3.5 standard is:
  • Deliver Normal packs -> Generate Cargo packs -> whoever can snipe those with cargo cert + ~20gold
What i suggested was:
  • Deliver normal packs -> Generate Cargo certificate -> trade cargo certificate for cargo pack directly in your shoulder without paying extra)
And make so who crafts still gets 20% of sale.
So what you making is:
  • Trading cargo is more profitable, you don't need to spend 30 gold to try and lose those (you would just lose money if pack get stolen)
  • You still get part of charcoal, whatever happens you still have a little profit, people will just risk it)
  • You actually get the cargo yourself, and not some random that was camping the bench, people won't gift others cargo packs otherwise and traderuns would die slowly.
More ideas:

• As suggested in previous posts you could make also a quest that pays out some charcoal for bringing normal packs or crafting the first of the day.
  • Trade pack to Cargo certificate transformation ideas: each trade pack generate a cargo certificate (if is larder pack) or cargo certificate fragment (5 fragments for a certificate) at delivery.
  • Could aswell make the cargo certificate tradable, so they can be sold over auction.
  • If that way charcoal generation would be too high, then just decrease the charcoal from each pack.
  • Decrease charcoal costs by 20-30%.
  • Remove charcoal in hereafter stones craft recipe. The less you waste the less you need.
  • Keep resource traders here and there for normal packs to be sold for charcoal.

Back