What's new

ArcheRage 4.5: "Legends Return" - Pre-Update Official Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were also told that 4.0 & 4.5 would come at a faster cycle than usual, and that didn't happen. Though I'm sure it'll be denied in the reply to this.
I don't remember about 4.0 coming faster than usual and what is "usual" there, so can't comment on it, but 4.5 was confirmed to come faster than in 6 months and that will be coming faster. 4.0 was released on October, 29th (so, almost November) and 4.5 is going to be ready in just a week or so, that is a bit more than 4 months in between the global updates 4.0 and 4.5.

Trade system we have is a mix of 3.0 and 3.5 trade systems. Both will be kept in our 4.5.
but is the labor cost for making the packs going to stay the same or is it going to go up? And how about the gold made per pack, is that going to change or stay the same? Also the stealth ability is supposed to have a cool down before it can be used again. I am not sure what expansion that was in. Will that cool down be removed or be left in?

Could be a year more ;)
No, actually we are within 3-4 weeks time frame for the release and patch notes will be posted a bit earlier. But I can't give an exact release date yet, so a bit more patience is required from the players.
Okay so now were within 2 weeks of release? It's okay if there's a delay, but let us know please.

If were still on target for the release date, then do you have a estimated date in which the custom patch notes will be released? Because were down to 2 weeks left!

but is the labor cost for making the packs going to stay the same or is it going to go up? And how about the gold made per pack, is that going to change or stay the same? Also the stealth ability is supposed to have a cool down before it can be used again. I am not sure what expansion that was in. Will that cool down be removed or be left in?
No custom changes are planned for packs for 4.5 release, but is any further balancing will be required due to 4.5 changes in the economy, that can be done later.
Do you mean Stealth as a Shadowplay skill?

Okay so now were within 2 weeks of release? It's okay if there's a delay, but let us know please.

If were still on target for the release date, then do you have a estimated date in which the custom patch notes will be released? Because were down to 2 weeks left!
Yes, we are within 2 weeks and even less. Final patch notes and release date will be available very very soon.

Yeah skill changes are sooo great arent they...(rolls eyes) stealth change sucks imo. Cant be a scout no more, i remember doing that at halcy, spying on the other camp and stuff.

Yeah skill changes are sooo great arent they...(rolls eyes) stealth change sucks imo. Cant be a scout no more, i remember doing that at halcy, spying on the other camp and stuff.
Always can use Steel Lightning for that.

the cooldown for stealth doesn't start until you leave stealth

Right, and that really sucks. Once stealth is used and the spell is done you have to wait 45 sec before it can be used again. This is what I am talking about

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?339828-Not-happy-about-change-to-stealth-skill!!!

The cool down for stealth starts after the spell is done, not like now where the count down starts during it's use. @Sparkle Please keep the stealth skill the way it is.

Last edited:

there is no good reason for the change.

Right, and that really sucks. Once stealth is used and the spell is done you have to wait 45 sec before it can be used again. This is what I am talking about

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?339828-Not-happy-about-change-to-stealth-skill!!!

The cool down for stealth starts after the spell is done, not like now where the count down starts during it's use. @Sparkle Please keep the stealth skill the way it is.
Well considering how bloodthirst stacks in 4.5 and combos with shadowsmite, permastealth definitely shouldn't be a thing anymore.

Always can use Steel Lightning for that.

But that mount's stealth skill doesn't work as the original Shadowplay stealth? It still won't make scouting the enemy or playing sooth any better when using a mount instead of the reworked skill.

It is annoying however that this change comes in combination with bloodthirst stacks, it kinda ruins some part of the game and can't have the old stealth + new bloodthirst :/ would be too op

You have plenty of choices regarding stealth. Stealth in general, leomorph which is free, and loads of other mounts as well as the elephant mount which has like 3 minutes stealth. It's a good thing it get's changed.

I mean you had time from launch of 3.5 and 4.0 to adjust your gear. T6 has always been a point that people had to stick with how it is unless it was legendary. I doubt many people run around with many epic t6 pieces as melees and the gear is already dirt cheap so not a big loss, really.

Meles are also basically the only ones heavily affected by it and they have always been cheap af to gear. About time that they gotta spend some extra money on gear ?

I mean you had time from launch of 3.5 and 4.0 to adjust your gear. T6 has always been a point that people had to stick with how it is unless it was legendary. I doubt many people run around with many epic t6 pieces as melees and the gear is already dirt cheap so not a big loss, really.

Meles are also basically the only ones heavily affected by it and they have always been cheap af to gear. About time that they gotta spend some extra money on gear ?
someone is just mad that they went archer and is always implying his salty bias to every convo involving melees. Changing stats and not giving a means to switch gear other than just buying a new peice is just stupid. Ive already grinded that gear why am i rebuying it and redoing it because of forced game mechanics

People had to regear when dungeon gear fell out of favor.
People had to regear when hasla fell out of favor.
People had to regear when Ayanad introduced, when obsidian introduced, when hiram introduced...

I had to rebuy all of my gear when I replaced my epic t6s with legendaries.
You're never done gearing in this game.

You had ridiculous damage output and mobility and with that, survivability with little investment. This change just puts you on par with the rest of us.

You should be thankful that the game made it so easy for ya. And not complain now that it won't stay forever like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back