What's new

ArcheRage 8.5 (development-release info + suggestions)

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
0. Main banner 8.5.png

Dear ArcheRagers!
We are glad to inform you that currently we are actively working on 8.5 Global Update.

In this thread you can share your thoughts on the update as well as provide the ideas and suggestions you have.
You can find 8.5 global update patch notes HERE.

Note: custom part of the patch notes hasn’t been included into the patch notes yet. Custom updates will be posted a bit later!
Estimate release time: end of June.

This thread will remain open until 8.5 release, so you can use it for any discussion related to this global update.

With the reduction of leadership gained by from Thumbs Up from 50 to 10, obtaining the 4000 leadership needed for the hero gem quest becomes much more difficult.

Live servers eventually reduced the leadership requirement for the hero mission to 3000 instead. I personally feel 3000 leadership is still too high, but it is still much better than having to grind 4000 leadership.

"Collection and kill quests can now be progressed when you contribute in killing monsters."

Does this mean that if say in a raid one group is killing mobs in one area and another group from the raid is killing mobs in another area both groups don't progress for kill quests because they didn't contribute to both areas?

Would it be possible to make the new/old ui some sort of toggle? I know some people absolutely love the new map/escape menu that comes with 8.5 but I'm pretty sure most dislike the newer UI

[Passive] Empowered MaliceApplies 4% of Malediction Skill Damage while a Two-Handed Weapon is equipped, and 10% of Malediction Skill Damage while no Two-Handed Weapon is equipped.

Shouldn't it be 10% skill dmg base and 4% extra for 2hd equipped?
1716732686825.png

Last edited:
With the reduction of leadership gained by from Thumbs Up from 50 to 10, obtaining the 4000 leadership needed for the hero gem quest becomes much more difficult.

Live servers eventually reduced the leadership requirement for the hero mission to 3000 instead. I personally feel 3000 leadership is still too high, but it is still much better than having to grind 4000 leadership.

You haven't seen the people with 7-8k leadership? Heroes get up to 900 leadership from their hero missions as well. They technically only need to grind 3.1k more.

Edit: examples
1716733855023.png
1716733869982.png

[Passive] Empowered MaliceApplies 4% of Malediction Skill Damage while a Two-Handed Weapon is equipped, and 10% of Malediction Skill Damage while no Two-Handed Weapon is equipped.

Shouldn't it be 10% skill dmg base and 4% extra for 2hd equipped?
View attachment 26163
No because it does not work that way.
It is 4% with a 2h weapon and 10% when not using a 2h weapon.

Can we get an idea of what's being considered for the 12 month hero cloak update
Not relevant to the 8.5 global update.

What I can say is the cloak refresh is to update them and bring them in line with T3 cloaks. But not that it will be with 8.5

if i remember with the garden time change anth was spawning during a full peace period u might want to look into it before having the update deployed

But if you read the passive on the official server, that's not how it works, should be 10% base and 4% extra with 2hd
No it should not. As that's not what the passive says or what is now on live.
The tooltip from your screenshot is +10% skill damage, +4% with a 2h. They are separate statements not combined.
The skill is correct at 4% with 2h and 10% without.

Infact the direct translation for the passive is this
Murderous Intent ability damage rate when two-handed weapons are equipped is now 4%, Murderous Intent ability damage ratio is 10% when not equipped with two-handed weapons.

No it should not. As that's not what the passive says or what is now on live.
The tooltip from your screenshot is +10% skill damage, +4% with a 2h. They are separate statements not combined.
The skill is correct at 4% with 2h and 10% without.

Infact the direct translation for the passive is this
Murderous Intent ability damage rate when two-handed weapons are equipped is now 4%, Murderous Intent ability damage ratio is 10% when not equipped with two-handed weapons.
Still doesn't make sense to me because I didn't find anywhere saying that the 10% is when not equipped with 2hd, even the KR website says

1716789489973.png

So was it changed later on? or there's really a translation error

There is no translation error or mistake in the skill.

You are just not reading it correctly and I've already explained it twice now
It is 4% skill damage with a 2h Weapon. 10% when not using a 2h weapon

It is 2 statements
The first is skill damage is increased by 10%
The second is skill damage is increased by 4% with a 2h weapon.
These are not in conjunction it is an overriding statement.

Statement 1 is true and gives 10% unless statement 2 is true then it gives 4%. Not Statement 1 is true giving 10% and an extra 4% with a two hander.

I'm not going to repeat it again.

Still doesn't make sense to me because I didn't find anywhere saying that the 10% is when not equipped with 2hd, even the KR website says

View attachment 26180

So was it changed later on? or there's really a translation error
To avoid further arguing, I'll note it for myself and have it tested some time soon when I have full access to all 8.5 data. Will post the result here to confirm the exact work in 8.5.

With the introduction of new cloaks, can we have the option to convert Unidentified Auroran Synthesis Stone to Unidentified Auroran Synthesis Crystal.
Since the latter gives more exp.

Well, it would be good if when we change from one class to another using the "skillsaver" it would also save the changes in the ancestral skills, because when I change from one class to another, I have to go to the ancestral window to change the options of the ancestral skills. skills, it would be much better if they modified themselves.

With the change to the garden cycle, please enable it so people can AFK in the garden during peace. Live let you AFK in both peace and war, but I think war should be excluded, especially so it doesn't interfere with Anth content.

Last edited:
The increase of leadership from 100 to 1000 to exile shouldn't be included, it was designed for KR because they had issues with people making alts to go pirate, it makes even less sense for this server considering there is custom exile requirements.

The new minimap was a massively unpopular change on live across all regions and still is, most players prefer the old minimap(current on AR) it would be cool if we kept the version we have on AR right now.

Back