What's new

Armorer's Manor

Nerdwaffen

Why crafting wespons in an Armorer's Manor cost more expensive materials than crafting in a Regal anvil?

x4 Archeum Essence cost far less than x5 Arceum ingots and x1 Nuri Forest Lumber.

Armorer's Manor: x15 Archeum Ingots and x5 Nuri Forest

c8zpvm8.jpg

Regal Anvil: x10 Archeum Ingots and x4 Nuri Forest

9rjXN2R.jpg

Craters house removes the need for gila star dust and has the chance to give glowing items.
These are items that when unsealed will always be the proc you need to go upto the next grade.

Craters house removes the need for gila star dust and has the chance to give glowing items.
These are items that when unsealed will always be the proc you need to go upto the next grade.
Does not make sense increasing the material cost by almost 1/3 just to get a extremlly lower % of getting a glowing item.

It is a dynamic market. So it is not always 1/3 increased.
For someone who farms things it's actually cheaper because the only material they pay for is archeum in the reverse.
You no longer need gilda dust and you use less archeum. But take more of the other materials. That's just how it is.

Armor pieces are cheaper crafting from the craft house than the armor forms themselves. Weapons are more expensive. It's a weird cost trade that came with the building itself. But as Sjinderson said, the trade-off is you have a chance of getting a glowing item and it doesn't cost Gilda Dust.

Illustrious and Magnificent crafts go from being 25% chance to be upgradeable to 40% chance (1-in-4 to 2-in-5), while Epherium+ crafts go from 14% to 25% (1-in-7 to 2-in-8).

Armor pieces are cheaper crafting from the craft house than the armor forms themselves. Weapons are more expensive. It's a weird cost trade that came with the building itself. But as Sjinderson said, the trade-off is you have a chance of getting a glowing item and it doesn't cost Gilda Dust.

Illustrious and Magnificent crafts go from being 25% chance to be upgradeable to 40% chance (1-in-4 to 2-in-5), while Epherium+ crafts go from 14% to 25% (1-in-7 to 2-in-8).
This is wrong, I've made x20 delphinads and didn't got any delphinad glowing.

Rng doesn't add up everytime you don't get one.
It's a chance every time.
Meaning you could 200, 2000 or higher and never get one.
Meanwhile someone could get 10 in a row

Rng doesn't add up everytime you don't get one.
It's a chance every time.
Meaning you could 200, 2000 or higher and never get one.
Meanwhile someone could get 10 in a row
Thats why don't justify the cost, also 4 gildas is WAAAYYYYYY cheap than x5 Archeum Ingots and x1 Nuri Forest Lumber.
The fact is: Having an Armorer's Manor don't give any benefits, is just a Labor/Gold sink.

This is wrong, I've made x20 delphinads and didn't got any delphinad glowing.

That sucks, your RNG is awful at that time of day. You're saying this assuming it saves your odds (i.e. if something has a 20% chance of something happening, that doesn't mean 1 in 5 are guaranteed). In all my delphs and epheriums, I've had 9/15 go Glowing. Therefore, there's absolutely a chance 20 delphs result in 0 glowing because...RNG. Welcome to Archeage, hope you enjoy your stay!

Thats why don't justify the cost, also 4 gildas is WAAAYYYYYY cheap than x5 Archeum Ingots and x1 Nuri Forest Lumber.
The fact is: Having an Armorer's Manor don't give any benefits, is just a Labor/Gold sink.
You have a valid point. The issue is retail AA based the pricing on available server mats. In the Kor/Us/EU version of the game, there are a lot of miner bots infesting the game but providing a service of wildly lowering materials values. As a result, the rare mining drop of Archeum ore is fairly cheap... and a market flooded with ridiculously cheap alchemy oils to make Nuri lumber doesn't exist... while Gilda stars are the most expensive mat. the upgraded houses reflect those retail calculations.

In our version, which is better in so many ways, the bot menace is really quite small and quickly crushed. The consequence however is greater value for the materials, actually a true value for their worth in labor. Rare archeum for example, being rare is at a premium. In our version people do have alts on the same account with which they can do a few dailies for gilda stars and make a little extra cash selling the Gilda dust. The result is readily available and cheap gilda.

It just goes to show how broken and OFF the retail pricing and calculations are, and that is what fubared the intended cheaper materials for upgraded Armorer's house. The code is somewhat tricky and I don't know if our version would have the wherewithall to make alterations... but if you simply do mining yourself a bit, sometimes you strike a lucky archeum vein. Also a few times /w my Miner's House I struck a lucky Archeum deposit.

Back