What's new

Better time for Luscas

From my perspective, instead of changing the schedule of the event, I think that another event should be opened at 12hrs before, in such a way that those who cannot attend it currently, could do it at the other time, as well as those in Europe, Asia and Oceania. they could do Luscas. In the end as it is a daily event, you could take the quest again at reset.

My IGN: Aterdrako
i dont know its possible to duplicate the event. sparkle could tell us. but it would be defently a good solution.

It is possible to have the event more then once a day.
There is just no way to restrict it so that you can only get something from it once a day

@Sjinderson
if u say, its only possible to get once a day something from it. u mean that the quest can only progress on one of the two events? maybe a custom quests can fix this issue.

@Sjinderson
if u say, its only possible to get once a day something from it. u mean that the quest can only progress on one of the two events? maybe a custom quests can fix this issue.
The quest is already a daily quest.
It is not possible to make the loot drops 1 time per day.

I think it would be a good idea to change the Time for Luscas and setting it after Halcy would be a nice time.
It's a fact that this server has EU players and it wont kill anyone to change some Events to make it good for both EU and NA.
Just be happy to have players from EU it's just better for the server to have more Players doesnt matter if EU or NA and i would say
we got a good amount of EU players. I'm always a bit jealous when i hear how good the PVP at Abyssal / Luscas was. I got no chance to
join that event since its super early in the morning for me..idk it was like 2-3am?

But i as i can read some people act a little bit egoistic when its up to changing Times for specific Events. Its kinda sad...

In the End its up to the admins to decide if they change it.
I think a change would improve the player amount there .

Thank u for the Time

It is possible to have the event more then once a day.
There is just no way to restrict it so that you can only get something from it once a day

From there, have the luscas spawn 1 more time, like 6h before, without changing anything to the quest which is a daily already, seems to solve both TZ and reward issue, isn'it ? @Sjinderson

It would be a great addition to me! For one, I would definitely be participating in that otherwise unreachable event!

We don't plan to add it twice a day. All we can do is move time a bit if such change gets player base support.
We can add a poll to this thread, if required.

The time was and still is the perfect time to hold the event. The reason people do not go to the event mainly is due to each sides ability to field a ship capable of surviving the event itself. Recently we had a ship collision change that made it to where Enoans and the like simply do not instally kill even other Enoans. I do not know what the ships do to small warships in terms of damage now but that is one distracting factor involved. East currently does not have one, west has a few, pirates have a few. Hence mostly West and the Pirates do the event. The second problem is that gear gap, but more importantly a ship based event that can't ever be ship vs ship due to the fact it is too easy to board or too easy to just instantly pull people off the boat itself. That renders cannons useless, raid gets instagibbed if a lot of new players and the like don't like dying in .1 seconds, so they don't come back. Some players like myself, being here since the beginning of the server tire of the event from time to time and just simply skip it.

So the two real reasons are:
1. Burnout from the geared player base from time to time.
2. Ships equipped enough to even live through the event without the usual players while strafing, which with the pulls are next to impossible some days vs a geared raid in the water.

I can see pulling people easily off ships, big deal been there forever. But maybe a small change to being on a cannon and having a pull immunity being something that would make it easier for the lower geared players to have a chance. Adding a melee damage reduction while on the cannons would also help ships cope with the tiger strike two hander that boards and can kill everyone pretty much in 4-5 seconds ue to the reaction time of clicking off the cannons as well.

But as for time, the time is fine. Been to a bunch, being right after Mistmerrow is also nice.

The time was and still is the perfect time to hold the event. The reason people do not go to the event mainly is due to each sides ability to field a ship capable of surviving the event itself. Recently we had a ship collision change that made it to where Enoans and the like simply do not instally kill even other Enoans. I do not know what the ships do to small warships in terms of damage now but that is one distracting factor involved. East currently does not have one, west has a few, pirates have a few. Hence mostly West and the Pirates do the event. The second problem is that gear gap, but more importantly a ship based event that can't ever be ship vs ship due to the fact it is too easy to board or too easy to just instantly pull people off the boat itself. That renders cannons useless, raid gets instagibbed if a lot of new players and the like don't like dying in .1 seconds, so they don't come back. Some players like myself, being here since the beginning of the server tire of the event from time to time and just simply skip it.

So the two real reasons are:
1. Burnout from the geared player base from time to time.
2. Ships equipped enough to even live through the event without the usual players while strafing, which with the pulls are next to impossible some days vs a geared raid in the water.

I can see pulling people easily off ships, big deal been there forever. But maybe a small change to being on a cannon and having a pull immunity being something that would make it easier for the lower geared players to have a chance. Adding a melee damage reduction while on the cannons would also help ships cope with the tiger strike two hander that boards and can kill everyone pretty much in 4-5 seconds ue to the reaction time of clicking off the cannons as well.

But as for time, the time is fine. Been to a bunch, being right after Mistmerrow is also nice.

My Dear Drunkenhero,
This is exactly what i have beens trying to sumarize in here, and you perfectly pointed it out in this sentence: "The second problem is that gear gap, but more importantly a ship based event that can't ever be ship vs ship due to the fact it is too easy to board or too easy to just instantly pull people off the boat itself. That renders cannons useless, raid gets instagibbed if a lot of new players and the like don't like dying in .1 second, so they don't come back. Some players like myself, being here since the beginning of the server tire of the event from time to time and just simply skip it.". This is what i meant on every post made in here. People DO NOT attend into this event, regardless if it is Western or Eastern Nation players by the simple fact that:
1st- forget the naval combat mechannics, within time it has become a a regular PVP event in where boarding parties are setted up to wipe boat's crews;
2nd- due to the first subeject pointed out, and to the HUGE gear score gap in between all Nations, people grown tired of feeding their foes on honor and hostille kill counts;
3rd- the timer for the event is nice the way it is; was one can see the good ammount of players wandering around all the major Capital Cities and maps all over.
With the above said i must point out that, in the both lasts Abyssal and Luscas from this weekend, East gathered a good number of players on its main raid. And even though we had a small chance of geting the event done, 3 players (with a good high GS) denied the Abyssal Attack event to happen. Even though we managed to get at least Luscas done. It is important to point out that, some of the ones that complain on the timer, during this very same event, were worried about another event that had just was about to begin, in the same moment that Abyssal and Luscas was happening. Nor West nor 99% of Pirates were spoted on Saturday's night Abyssal Attack. Last night, though, Pirates made their presence at Luscas, and East tasted once again what it is this event now.
I might keep saying and defending that: the timer is not the issue for moist people to attend; but the huge gear score gap between all the 3 existent Nations in this server. Some people might complain on that but, it is totaly normal and expected to have such thing, once every single player have its own unique playing style in where some like to rush to get GS, and others like to play Decoration Stuff. So, to sumarize once more, either East or West, DO NOT ATTEND due to the fact that DO NOT WANT to get crushed and destroyed over and over and over! It is to difficult to people to learn it?!
And i also MUST keep saying that: if timers get moved to earlier it will PREJUDICE a great number of ACTUAL PLAYERS that do attend into the event!!! This is what we call in here "straw's fire". Better saying, if timers get changed, the very same situation will keep happening, people will be keept feeding honor and pvp kills, no one.. i say NO ONE will get this done for sure because they all will begin to abbandon for sure the event once and for all. And event worst thoe us all that got holded back into GS progression and stuff like in order to gear up and improve galleons! It will be UNFAIR!
I hope that the GMs keep that in mind that: the server is NA based so it must priorize the NA players; i do speak this by and for myself as well, once i am not a NA community but SA (South America) and i do, yet today, need to adapt myself into the server schedule. I knowand understand the struggle for many players from the most variety of places from this entire world wide. It wolud become a total mess if any world wide player base begun to ask into moving events timers to fit their personal timers and stuff. As stated before more than once, the GMs are the one that will have the final word; and i do hope they find the benevolence among us all and do not place apart their players that got time, gold,effort and sacrifices involded to get the requirements of the game in itself and the mentioned events.
With all the respect and the in the most cordiale way, i sign this below.

Last edited:
We don't plan to add it twice a day. All we can do is move time a bit if such change gets player base support.

My Dear GM Sparkle,
If it is meant to let Democracy speaks from the perspective of the player base, let it be. But, even democratic results can be unfair and bad decisions can be taken from this to a community. Thus, if it is meant to happen, there is nothing anyone can do about. Instead of several people coming into here complaning and argueing or discussing things that, indeed and in the end of the day, is not in the players hands but in our beloved GMs's, make it open to peoples vote then! Let democracy speaks loud and clear.
But i keep assuring this, and nothing will take it out from my mind nor i will shut myself upon this: it will only change the six by half dozen. The same issue will keep happening and happening untill... the event in itself becomes a graveyard, silent and quiet; without a single player soul geting into it. As i told breviously, it will be a straw's fire that one day, that it will not least one week, get TRULY abbandoned.
I do also, with all my heart, lays my hope and my trust upon the GMs good decisions thoward this server into not force ditching those that truly and religiously attend to it. Furthermore, also pay attention to the many time zones, if this is the case, that also do beneffit themselves from the event happening they way it is now, meanwhile getting it moved in beneffit of a group, forgeting about the others.
As also was once stated in here, and will state once again, that several NA players do need to make the possible and impossible to attend the event into their in-game and out-game daylie schedule; in which will get out of it if this gets moved to earlier. If that so meant to happen, then... i say that they all must come here and ask for another timer change once again, as well the Oceania players, the Asian players, the American players, the world wide community players... and then so we will end up in a eternal timers change complains loop, geting GMs attention and precious time from something really important into something that it is that is settled down for a long time already... just, keep that in mind.
It is with the most respect that i do sign below and make my stand, once again, against timers change; and keep an allert on what this might become from time to time, not only on this specific event, but in everyone possible events that this server have, will have and had.

its true that the event got its problems. it would work more properly if ppl swiming in water or on mounts would get huge amount of dmg after 10s so that they r dead in at last 20s. to have it a pure naval event. but it was always like this. and the gear gap was also already present as the event was back in the days invented. but we all had some fun. but currently its dead coz ppl just skip it.

from time prospective it should just be around the time, the server got the most ppl online. otherwise it would just push some ppl out and bring some others in. but the numbers would probably the same. if the server got on time of the event less ppl online than on others, it make sense to move the time of luscas in that direction.

how about making the quest reward better? could that effect the attention in this event?

Ofc there is multiple reasons but if EU is able to also go to lusca, there's more people to work with for the event...

You also need to take into account, if you move Luscas' time back, there will be people that can't run it anymore, decent amount of people might quit because of that. Moving it forward 1-2 hours might be ok, but even that will be risking it heavily, it's preferred to leave it as it is, people are still running it, and it hasn't been an issue until now. If people aren't running it because they're burned out, it's their problem, not the time of the event.

If Luscas' time is moved back at all, myself and some others will quit, since I won't be waking up at 5-6am just to run an event, especially if I have an early start for my work, the time is fine as it is

I hate to repeat myself, but reading the answers so far, that proposition seems to be the best and maybe only solution to please both world and offer everyone the possibility to enjoy the content. Understandably, the one who can attend now and enjoying it don't wanna be pushed away, while those who can't or don't even know it's a thing, can only guess or stay quiet (let's not forget the forum isn't read by the majority of players).

@Sparkle : Can you elaborate why it couldn't be ? Technical reason or what's the "fear" behind such a change ?

In dire time, maximizing the content availability to a broad audience seems a sensible thing to do. The NA vs EU is a wrong battle to have, we've build here, we enjoying it here, we just want to thrive together!

Players themselves mentioned that event is not getting many participants. Adding 2 events will split them even more.
And don't forget, there are already many other events daily almost every hour that players don't want to miss.

Players themselves mentioned that event is not getting many participants. Adding 2 events will split them even more.
And don't forget, there are already many other events daily almost every hour that players don't want to miss.

Setting a 2nd lusca far away from the current one will solve the aspect of being afraid to split the the small player base who still take part of luscas currently. coz those players r already splitted by thier time zones!

and adding some labor to the lusca quest would make sure to have players take part of the event. even if it overlap with other dynamic events at the same time. and it would also improof the sandbox aspect of archeage.

Could we not change the event to happen at slightly different times depending on the day?

For example:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday - Luscas would happen at the normal time
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - Luscas would happen at the new proposed time

Sorry if this was already mentioned, the thread is quite long and I didn't have the time to read every post.

no one will quit coz of luscas! thats for sure.

well it dosnt help us in here but its interesting:
9 am Eastern Standard Time (10am server time). That’s when the largest number of people in the world are likely awake (and on their computers)

"Awake" doesn't mean "available to play".

09:00 EST is 15:00 here in EU, usually I'm awake at that time, but I have more important things to do than play videogames.
I imagine is the same for most of the people who have a job with normal working hours.

This never was a problem for Luscas until very recently, I'd say just keep it as it is, people are just burned out from it. Changing the time will cause more problems in the long run with other people being unable to play, then quitting since they can never run the event.

Back