What's new

Can we look at mounts?

Yolobro

We have two mounts dominating the game right now. I think you can fix this by making other mounts speed 11.5. You got a ton of really good mounts in this game that look really nice its a shame no one uses them because they are too slow. Examples are Thunderdash, Royal Griffin, Pegasus, Dread Steed, Rajani, Storm Darter, Black Arrow, Drakes and many more. Another option which would require a lot more work on your part would be to make it so you can craft higher tiers on all mounts eventually getting their speed to 11.5. This would be best option but would take a lot of work. Thank you for consideration.

Mounts are different - some are faster, some have better skills, some can fly, some are better in swimming, some can stealth. The same way that their skills differ, their speed vary as well.

What about the idea of getting upgrades for mounts though? I mean, we can already upgrade the main race mounts: elk, horse, snow lion, and the one I forgot the name of x) Also, there's the upgrades of the earthen roar and the stormdarter, and the bear mounts.

Is it possible to add a few more mounts for upgrades, so we can maybe get a few more speedy mounts that way? Atm only the 3 deer and the reindeer are 11.5, I know you say "their speed varies" but still, can we have a few more at least that people don't have to pay 10k gold for once they return in the boxes? Would be nice if we can grind for it.

One example: get an upgrade for the white/brown/black reindeers that dropped from the Christmas boxes in Austera/Marianople, to the Reindeer in the credit store?

If the admins are open to this idea, I am willing to think of more suggestions for mount upgrades.

Mounts are different - some are faster, some have better skills, some can fly, some are better in swimming, some can stealth. The same way that their skills differ, their speed vary as well.

The reality of it is if your mount doesnt do 11.5m/s, you're getting left behind. I've lost count of the number of times its been said over the years that people are all but forced to use a very small number of mounts because if you want to be with the raid going into pvp you need to be on one of the fast mounts. Its just boring.

Normalising mount speed (at least for the premium mounts) opens up a whole new set of choices for people to choose what they want to play with based on either its appearance or its skills. The game has a decent selection of mounts that never see the light of day because you'd be a fool to use it in combat. Thats why the game is mostly just a sea of Kirins/Kitsu at the head, and everyone unfortunate enough to miss those can just get fucked and fight for scraps when they eventually get with the raid.

4.5 is coming soon, its a great opportunity to make some positive changes and bring some more variety into the game.

The reality of it is if your mount doesnt do 11.5m/s, you're getting left behind. I've lost count of the number of times its been said over the years that people are all but forced to use a very small number of mounts because if you want to be with the raid going into pvp you need to be on one of the fast mounts. Its just boring.

Normalising mount speed (at least for the premium mounts) opens up a whole new set of choices for people to choose what they want to play with based on either its appearance or its skills. The game has a decent selection of mounts that never see the light of day because you'd be a fool to use it in combat. Thats why the game is mostly just a sea of Kirins/Kitsu at the head, and everyone unfortunate enough to miss those can just get fucked and fight for scraps when they eventually get with the raid.

4.5 is coming soon, its a great opportunity to make some positive changes and bring some more variety into the game.
This thread relates to Marketplace content, they made up their mind about it 2 years ago when they started this server and will not change. Please lock this thread.

This thread relates to Marketplace content, they made up their mind about it 2 years ago when they started this server and will not change. Please lock this thread.

What, you're not even slightly open or interested to possibly upgrading some other mounts aside from the ones already available? I mean... The bear upgrade is also marketplace content but it's available? >.>

Removing normalisation for mounts would be something there needs to be a large community approval for as many people acquire some mounts specifically for their speed/skills. While it could be added to 4.5 it would need a full open discussion first.

What about the idea of getting upgrades for mounts though? I mean, we can already upgrade the main race mounts: elk, horse, snow lion, and the one I forgot the name of x) Also, there's the upgrades of the earthen roar and the stormdarter, and the bear mounts.

Is it possible to add a few more mounts for upgrades, so we can maybe get a few more speedy mounts that way? Atm only the 3 deer and the reindeer are 11.5, I know you say "their speed varies" but still, can we have a few more at least that people don't have to pay 10k gold for once they return in the boxes? Would be nice if we can grind for it.

One example: get an upgrade for the white/brown/black reindeers that dropped from the Christmas boxes in Austera/Marianople, to the Reindeer in the credit store?

If the admins are open to this idea, I am willing to think of more suggestions for mount upgrades.
The idea is interesting. But what stops the end result of people still going for the same max tier mounts. For it to work every mount that gets upgraded would have to end up with similar speeds.

I feel the best option would be a combination of both changing mounts speeds and then providing upgrade to improve them further but only a little each time.
Again this would need a majority approval and poll before we consider them.

Mounts upgrade can be a thing, however, not for all mounts but, maybe, just for a number of them that have no skills or speed benefits. Making them all to be 11.5 is not something that will be done and it was already explained why. But if some mounts are totally useless for players, have no good skills and no benefits at all such mounts speed can be slightly increased or an option for their upgrade added. Example of this is Racing Zebra, its original speed 10.0 but when we released it, speed was increased to 11.0.

Mounts upgrade can be a thing, however, not for all mounts but, maybe, just for a number of them that have no skills or speed benefits. Making them all to be 11.5 is not something that will be done and it was already explained why. But if some mounts are totally useless for players, have no good skills and no benefits at all such mounts speed can be slightly increased or an option for their upgrade added. Example of this is Racing Zebra, its original speed 10.0 but when we released it, speed was increased to 11.0.

Having more mounts, particularly those which can only be purchased using special currency, sounds like a good idea. Much like having different models of cars at a car race?

I've been watching a lot of Korean 6.5 streams. You see them all use Moonlight Kitsu, Stormwraith Kirin, and Emberpaw Panther. Granted, I guess our server will have elemental deers to that I guess. :confused:

I would agree with you if people actually used these mounts. Fear that increasing speeds of certain mounts might make them more popular or dominating is the exact problem we have right now. We have a few mounts dominating the game. All those mounts that aren't being used is wasted resources. Increasing speed would only add variety and if you end up with 1 mount dominating the game then its only 1 less then we have right now so not big loss.

The problem here is two-fold:

Some mounts are leagues better than others because of their speed/abilities.
Some of the mounts that are slow/have less desirable abilities look really cool.

How feasible would it be to add a "costume" slot for mounts to change their appearance to another mount? Just spitballing here.

The problem here is two-fold:

Some mounts are leagues better than others because of their speed/abilities.
Some of the mounts that are slow/have less desirable abilities look really cool.

How feasible would it be to add a "costume" slot for mounts to change their appearance to another mount? Just spitballing here.
Mounts only animate for the skills they were made to use.
So doing this would result in people having mounts that are not animating

According to your logic about skills and speed, why is it that one of the best stealth mounts also has one of the highest base speed in game..?
Clearly there is a problem when its already been said a majority of players use only certain mounts in game. And when the rest, like new players, or returning players, dont have those certain mounts(i been waiting to see when the deers came out again and havent for a loooong time) they get left behind in raids unless they hitch a ride with someone else. A tweek or something needs to be done, in order for more mounts to be useful. Working hard to get Black Arrow, for some credit mount to be faster is annoying.

If we are worried about the affect this will have on the cash boxes. You could give an item called mount upgrade device that drops from the boxes and that will be the item required to upgrade mount speeds. If you are wondering how its basically making the mount a crafted item. So your normal horse has a speed of x and when you craft him as an upgrade the old horse is used in the crafting process and you end up with a new horse speed y. They would always be high value items because players would want to upgrade their mounts.

Back