What's new

Changes to Halcyona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't change Halcyona.

"Remove Player Nations ability to participate in Halcyona"
No. Pirate is a punishment, player nation is not. They invested a lot to get where they are. Please recommend something more responsible. We would upset a lot of veteran players who have invested a lot of time.

"give them their own base to defend"
West will get steam rolled by east and player nation btw. If you just want to win, just say it.

If the East wanted a free steamroll I'd just come out and say it. Funny 2 people from the salt channel are appearing suddenly to put in their input. Why would anyone listen to someone who streamed the siege and did nothing but suicide into the zerg the entire time and then start throwing a fit and giving up. Just stop.

If the right people got together PN wouldn't be running anything anymore but too many people are busy being manipulated into thinking they're the good guy. Thanks for the stream, learned how to NOT play the game real fast.

Why would anyone listen to someone who streamed the siege and did nothing but suicide into the zerg the entire time and then start throwing a fit and giving up. Just stop.

??? This thread is looking real productive right now.

Hey Bud, how's it going?
We can have whatever discussion right? Let me know if I'm wrong.

Ask mythic lamp.

You may have created it, but this is the game debates forum, all people should be able to put their input in regardless of their affiliation and faction.

No kidding, a lot of us just find it comical that the salt regulars are here now to give each other back rubs.

??? This thread is looking real productive right now.

Agreed, things took a change in course once some new people arrived didn't it? But it must be our fault, the ones who've been discussing it from the start. topkek material seriously

Are you saying we're not entitle to an opinion? I'm really confused as to why you'd think that's fair.

Agreed, things took a change in course once some new people arrived didn't it? But it must be our fault, the ones who've been discussing it from the start. topkek material seriously

It's probably not right to put blame, but I'd ask that you not get personal with your responses. This is a debate forum and I think we're all entitled to our own opinions in it.

No kidding, a lot of us just find it comical that the salt regulars are here now to give each other back rubs.
I'm not here to give anyone a backrub, I added my suggestion into this thread previously and in the suggestions thread. You can even go and check, I have made many suggestions for things that help improve the game. I just want to have an open discussion regarding halcyona where people can critique and suggest changes, because the admins have shown they're open to changing content and implementing features the players want. You said previously you don't like how PN treats people, but then you're telling other players (even non-PN players) that they're not allowed to make suggestions and flaming those who are trying to provide their input? Get off your high horse.

Personally think anything said by PN members here should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's also interesting for me that the attitude projected out into these forums (while appears to be professional & appropriate) doesn't translate into game and how PN speaks/treats people inside the game. While I'm not a member of PN and I'm not going to claim that the entire group behaves the same (as there seem to be some that are not only mature/respectful but very good players), I don't know all of the voices as you would but some people's voices and personalities are easy to pick out.

yikes talk about not caring what people say

Enough. This thread has derailed from it's intended purpose and become an insult fight with player nation members.
Please get back on topic about the changes to Halcyona war or the thread will need to be locked as this is not productive

Enough. This thread has derailed from it's intended purpose and become an insult fight with player nation members.
Please get back on topic about the changes to Halcyona war or the thread will need to be locked as this is not productive
@Sjinderson
simple after the 10min immune make a 30min immune on relic so they can end it right away and you can pvp for a round of buffs worth, but people won't sit and wait 30mins they will be too impatient like @Cetra said people have lifes and don't wanna waste time in game.

@Sjinderson
simple after the 10min immune make a 30min immune on relic so they can end it right away and you can pvp for a round of buffs worth, but people won't sit and wait 30mins they will be too impatient like @Cetra said people have lifes and don't wanna waste time in game.
This actually sounds reasonable. A lot can happen in 30 minutes raids get wiped all the time on all sides, and if you're on a flag holding faction you'll get focused; the flag can change hands in that time I think, and it's not just a quick grab in the beginning.

Halcyona war is done is such a way that it can end short or long depends on how it goes. We can make changes, but anything like that forcing the event into a certain time length which I don't think is a good idea.
Just going to clarify some thing about pirates and player nation
Halcyona war is a war between the 2 factions. Pirates have no purpose being involved, they are faction outcasts who do not abide by their homelands.
Player nation are not meant to be there as a single unit. player nation can be there under the pretence of an alliance with another faction and supporting them. Through the actual alliance system. (though not required) That does not mean they cannot act as a single force and pick a side as they feel.

but anything like that forcing the event into a certain time length which I don't think is a good idea.
It's not worth debating over, but I think it's worth taking note that events like Mistmerrow and CR are already time locked.

Mistmerrow was propossed to have the timer reduced since it became 20 minutes of hiding.
time locking it can have the affect that new people don't turn up till after 30m. the ones who are early are there to fight for honor. Haven't got a full evaluation over the current halcy yet to make proper comment on it

Halcyona war is done is such a way that it can end short or long depends on how it goes. We can make changes, but anything like that forcing the event into a certain time length which I don't think is a good idea.
Just going to clarify some thing about pirates and player nation
Halcyona war is a war between the 2 factions. Pirates have no purpose being involved, they are faction outcasts who do not abide by their homelands.
Player nation are not meant to be there as a single unit. player nation can be there under the pretence of an alliance with another faction and supporting them. Through the actual alliance system. (though not required) That does not mean they cannot act as a single force and pick a side as they feel.

1. Look at mm it's a locked timed event also no pvp there really once and a while there is.
2. Then make the relic take less damage for a timer so it's still winnable early but still lasts long, since everyone just backdoors for it instead of actually pvping which is what the event is intended to do.
3. Pirates go with the risk of going to jail they in no way should be locked outta halc war, they risk 45 mins jail just to go there one wipe and it's over.
4. I agree with the nation thing, but nation shouldn't be cut out I personally think nation side should remain the same, they go without any gains at all.
5. The cannons on both bases were the only thing keeping one side from just running in and winning, right now at this stage east will always win without nations help, most of west gets 10 kills and leave and then just get rolled over and lose their base basically. east has forts zerg guild plus pugs.
6. I personally think the flag system is dumb with cannons it basically shows whoever has more will get the flag and be harder to beat.

As I said I haven't got a proper evaluation over the event yet. I cannot attend it due to not having my main pc. This one cannot handle it.
I have no experience with the new system, I am just aware of it mechanics.
So I am relying on players to give me their experiences and suggestions

Sjinderson is very correct, this was a forum post made for discussing halcyona and possible changes to it. Stay on track. If you want to be salty - you know where to go.

That being said, my 2 cents, Halcyona is a pvp zone, with a pvp event. Fortitude asked us to come out before, and told us west would lose even if we helped west. First halcyona we show up to, east wins in the first 5 minutes because Fortitude backdoor'd west base. It's pretty clear to see why we'd play as we do, we have to constantly babysit the west base, sometimes we'll take east flag SPECIFICALLY so that east can't turtle in base - which has happened before like Illusia/Teek pointed out.

You guys told us to bring more than our usual 15-20, so we brought 25-30, and two wipes and east - fortitude - literally sat in base for a full hour to fight underneath cannons until it was a draw. Then got wiped, for the record.

Don't pick fights you can't finish, and learn to adapt to the situation before you demand silly changes like nerfing nation into pirate-but-doesn't-die-when-ports-into-auroria-zones. kthx. We're promoting pvp - in a pvp zone, during a pvp event.

Love all of you - except some of you. They know who they are.

Sjinderson is very correct, this was a forum post made for discussing halcyona and possible changes to it. Stay on track. If you want to be salty - you know where to go.

That being said, my 2 cents, Halcyona is a pvp zone, with a pvp event. Fortitude asked us to come out before, and told us west would lose even if we helped west. First halcyona we show up to, east wins in the first 5 minutes because Fortitude backdoor'd west base. It's pretty clear to see why we'd play as we do, we have to constantly babysit the west base, sometimes we'll take east flag SPECIFICALLY so that east can't turtle in base - which has happened before like Illusia/Teek pointed out.

You guys told us to bring more than our usual 15-20, so we brought 25-30, and two wipes and east - fortitude - literally sat in base for a full hour to fight underneath cannons until it was a draw. Then got wiped, for the record.

Don't pick fights you can't finish, and learn to adapt to the situation before you demand silly changes like nerfing nation into pirate-but-doesn't-die-when-ports-into-auroria-zones. kthx. We're promoting pvp - in a pvp zone, during a pvp event.

Love all of you - except some of you. They know who they are.

This is an incorrect recollection of the events that transpired.

i'd be fine with implementing some sort of base protection mechanic so bases can't just be backdoored in the first few minutes.. i'd also be fine with a mechanic added that prevents player nation from being able to damage the relic. adding duration to respawn timers or jailing people for simply showing up is a foolish mechanic that will only influence PN towards allying with the weaker faction (currently west) to fight the stronger faction

i'm choosing not to respond to the rest of the thread as it's baseless and proof still hasn't been submitted. i will however respond to one thing, i am toxic in shout chat because chat pvp is one of my favorite parts of any game, and i'll never try to deny that. some of my best friendships on video games started with chat banter. if you can't handle it there's an ignore feature built right into the chat

This is an incorrect recollection of the events that transpired.

You're the absolute last person to be mentioning mis-remembering.

I also remember the time that we smashed fortitude repeatedly, they vanished - and DIDN'T backdoor, and when we found they NUICAMPING east players as well as trash talking them, we called them out in shout chat. Fortitude gets angry everytime they lose, and this isn't just at halcyona. Stop taking it out on lowgears who have no chance and adapt instead of making excuses and complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back