What's new

Changes to Halcyona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cetra

When will the Admins address the current Halcyona setup? Player Nation respawn is right next to East Base and every day it's the same routine, PN burns the crystal to 10% while we're fighting West and then gives them the win. East is not at a fair advantage with how the map and mechanics currently in place work.

Edit for updated opinion.

Last edited:
When will the Admins address the current Halcyona setup? Player Nation respawn is right next to East Base and every day it's the same routine, PN burns the crystal to 10% while we're fighting West and then gives them the win. East is not at a fair advantage with how the map and mechanics currently in place work.

Suggest to put 1 flag in the middle of Halcy that everyone fights over, Remove Player Nations ability to participate in Halcyona or give them their own base to defend so that they're force to play and defend like everyone else instead of griefing one side simply because they pose the only threat.

Most East players feel this is completely unfair and a bad design, drops moral for East wanting to participate other than the Guild Fortitude trying to fight West, PN & Pirates. There should be a solution so that PN and Pirates can't just pick who they "like". 1 faction vs 3 is ridiculous, a lot of us are hoping your team has some plans in mind so the event makes more sense to even bother with.

You won't see pirates at Halcyona as they will get sent to jail, however, I can see how it can be frustrating that the Player Nation gets the best Nui there. West has to fight the nation as well so it works both ways, you guys just need to leave the base more. West gets sandwiched by both PN and East as well when trying to attack base

Halcyona is being changed with 3.0b and once it has ran enough to get proper evaluation adjusts will be made.
Side note I participate in halcy a lot myself and it goes 2 ways. West just wipes east walks into the base and destroys the crystal, or east defend long enough and enough people turn up that west lose every fight and their crystal gets destroyed.
When the player nation join it it's never many people.
Player nation are also not meant to be their, it's just that they do not go to trial in that area.
Halcyona is a war against the 2 main factions.
You make the argument of it dropping moral, for west looking at a red raid and seeing almost only fortitude tags who always have more numbers, even if just by a couple is demoralising.

Thank you both for replies.

Nice to know you participate too Sjinderson :) I do understand that there are times where West doesn't have enough numbers and if the big East guild shows up they sometimes get run over. I see both sides in regards to morale, it would be cool if we could somehow help the numbers be more even, or the fight itself. I don't necessarily enjoy just running over people and having it easy, I enjoy a good fight. In this particular instance there's a lot of dirty politics involved which I'm sure your staff is always aware of. With that said, because PN is it's own faction or what not like the pirates and having their own base is changing the game too much, they should just go to jail when they die (my opinion). They really don't have any business being there, neither do the pirates, other then to cause a little trouble but that trouble should cost them if they die. I agree the war has always originally been intended for E vs W.

I'm glad you guys are making changes, on live we would never get this sort of effort and it's dearly appreciated. It wasn't my intention to make myself sounds like I wanted things for the East to be easy or anything but rather that the game mechanics make more sense. It sounds like you guys have some ideas and I eagerly await to see them.

Thank you.

I lead the Fortitude raid at the 12:30 am server time Halcy. From my prospective there are a few things going on.
1) East is stronger than west
2) If you take Fortitude out west is stronger than east.
3) Fortitude is often fighting PN. So it is east minus fortitude vs west which is when west roles east.
4) If east and Fortitude stay together PN takes flag from our base and dps down guards like today. Then leaves relic at low health for west.
5) I'll often lead a base race because Fortitude can only wipe west or PN we can't wipe both so the bace race is currently our best strategy.

My proposed balancing changes are providing PN a 10 minute respawn timer if they die in Halcy if they are not revived within 30 seconds or making faction base objects and NPCs immune to damage from PN players. This way they can still get honor from pvp but can not fully help one faction or another. Now if they pick a faction to Ally with the restriction would be removed.

I'm not saying that PN doesn't fight west too I know that do and have seen it. The difference is that PN will attack east base but not west base.

I am excited for the changes and out of curiosity what is your in game name sjinderson so I can find you on the battlefield.

My game name and my account names are the same.
Sjinderson. Though I am not with any major guild. I am my own guild

I'll keep an eye out for you on the battlefield. Let's all focus on getting more of our faction at Halcy that way we can keep the game interesting.

It could be nice if the flag was only able to be picked up by east or west so PN wouldn't run off with it off hide it in the Nui.

A lot of hate towards pirates, and nation. Both factions are part of the game, I don't see a reason to put a heavy restriction on PVP content. Halconya is a pvp zone after all. If you don't want to pvp, you shouldn't be there. Also, recently halconya has been ending within the first 10 minutes, as an East guild with high numbers usually attempt to backdoor West base.

This morning at the 12:30 am halcy East raid fought West Raid and PN killed off east base with the exception of relic. This is rough for east since we have to worry about a 3rd party attacking our base. I have no problem with PN fighting in halcy and I thoroughly enjoy it but I am a firm believer that they should not be able to damage east or west base since they have no stake in the fighting. They do not receive warrior medals so they should not be allowed to attack the bases.

DVSDorn is correct. Player nation often knock down there base for west to get at Fortitude. It happened yesterday and Jet called out in shout

I don't mind fighting PN but it is tough on the rest of the faction that is trying to gear up. If the base could be protected or PN Nui was moved out of zone or further away from the east base the average east player will have a better experience. For most players this Halcy is the only pvp they do and they get quite disheartened when a third party shows up and torches base when we are fighting.

It is my worry that PN will assist west with flag capture or they could take it out of zone. Then come back to torch base.

Thematically a player nation has no stake in Halcyona / reason to be there unless that nation is allied to Nuia or Haranya via the political system. Perhaps a solution could be found based on that (since they are hostile to both on this server they are basically pirates who spam shout chat slightly less, and like someone above posted could be treated as such if killed during the event inside the zone.)

Halcyona is fun either way except when it ends in a few minutes from east zerg or PN blowing up a base. The difference is, the east zerg warpin behind the west fortress is a strategy and the PN-induced loss just feels cheap and makes players not want to waste their time on the event.

we come for the pvp because it's a pvp zone. it's either fight east/threaten with the chance of a backdoor or watch as halcy ends in 10 minutes because east vastly outnumbers west and can backdoor/take the base. same reason why we pull the flag and leave. west doesn't often have the numbers or organization to threaten a backdoor by splitting their raid, so for them it's either turtle the base or lose... and most of the time even when they do turtle the base they're outnumbered and overwhelmed anyway. putting pressure on east base/east's raid is often what allows west to make any sort of move in halcyona.

plus, we don't get decent pvp anywhere else that grants honor unless it's against pirates. as i've told you many times already.. show up to something besides halcyona and we'll talk about us not showing up to halcyona.

i know a good chunk of people playing now are new so i'll fill you in. if we rewind to before PN was established west lost literally every evening halcyona with the exception of 1. it was so bad that the majority of them didn't even show up anymore. it was very seldom that you'd see more than 15 west in halcyona.

we could simply just ally west if you'd like us to do that, but most of the time we're trying to fight west as well. not sure if you haven't noticed but there has been many times where we have hit west from the back when they're pushing with golems. the problem is, when east sees us fighting west they port to western halcyona and zerg rush the base for the free win.. so it's a double edged sword, which is why we have been avoiding completely wiping the west in favor for extending halcyona so each faction (including PN) can pvp.

i cant speak for the last few nights because i have been busy, but when i'm around we try to extend halcy, not push one base or the other so it ends right away.

Last edited:
we come for the pvp because it's a pvp zone. it's either fight east/threaten with the chance of a backdoor or watch as halcy ends in 10 minutes because east vastly outnumbers west and can backdoor/take the base. same reason why we pull the flag and leave. west doesn't often have the numbers or organization to threaten a backdoor by splitting their raid, so for them it's either turtle the base or lose... and most of the time even when they do turtle the base they're outnumbered and overwhelmed anyway. putting pressure on east base/east's raid is often what allows west to make any sort of move in halcyona.

plus, we don't get decent pvp anywhere else that grants honor unless it's against pirates. as i've told you many times already.. show up to something besides halcyona and we'll talk about us not showing up to halcyona.

i know a good chunk of people playing now are new so i'll fill you in. if we rewind to before PN was established west lost literally every evening halcyona with the exception of 1. it was so bad that the majority of them didn't even show up anymore. it was very seldom that you'd see more than 15 west in halcyona.

we could simply just ally west if you'd like us to do that, but most of the time we're trying to fight west as well. not sure if you haven't noticed but there has been many times where we have hit west from the back when they're pushing with golems. the problem is, when east sees us fighting west they port to western halcyona and zerg rush the base for the free win.. so it's a double edged sword, which is why we have been avoiding completely wiping the west in favor for extending halcyona so each faction (including PN) can pvp.

i cant speak for the last few nights because i have been busy, but when i'm around we try to extend halcy, not push one base or the other so it ends right away.

100% Agree. Nation also doesn't bring that many numbers. There has been multiple times when West has wiped nation and pushed Easts base and the nation attacks from the back. The east also seems to spawn 3 golems to Wests 1 majority of the time.

I go to halcy on my PN toon and I've lead halcy on my West alt which is also geared. I really don't see an issue with halcy and the nation. It makes for a longer and more strategic fight.

It also encourages people to join the public discords to work together. If the nation allies with West, the East will get steam rolled every time, and halcy would be 10 minutes long

Idea 1: Defend the Golem
Is it possible to change halcy in such a way that the relic and flag will be immune if there are no enemy golems present?
That way, neither east nor west will have to worry about backdoor attacks. Just straight up push with the golem and pvp.

Not sure if a few changes will probably be needed as well like, golems and cannons having reduced range and/or damage so they don't 2 shot people to death.
Probably need to have golems spawn the same amount every time regardless of faction participants. That way, it'll be the faction's responsibility to attend the events.

Pros of this is that every faction can just focus on the pvp. Noone needs to get left out of pvp to stay in the base or to scout around.
PN can't backdoor, and at the same time, with a good 50-70 people on east and west, PN will have to bring more than 10-20 people to actually fight.

Cons is zerg.

The idea is to make it a more pvp focused event rather than pve.

Last edited:
I love having PN there, that isn't the problem, the only thing I would change is the attacking of the base. I know you guys hit west and you hit east, but it seems like you burn down east base and not west, and as far as the golems go we all feel that way. :/

So in conclusion I love the PN pvp in halcy I would be happy if you just didn't hit either base and left that for the factions to duke out.

Event will have a few changes with the update. You can find all the details in Major Update thread. We are not planning any other changes untill the already announced changes are implemented and updated event tried by players.

Seriously just port them out on death or send them to jail like the pirates. The game was not designed with PN in mind, it was designed for E vs W. You can make all the excuses you want about how the battles play out but its irrelevant. I see some of these responses as a desperate attempt to continue being allowed to play "God" in Halcy and screw with both factions. I find it interesting the suggestion that PN comes to Halcy because they don't get much PVP content otherwise even considering there are plenty of other events and places in the world you can fight. You guys felt you were strong enough to create your own nation, you know the mechanics of the game and abuse them like people on both sides do and like anyone else PN does not want to lose that power. Now the pirates are becoming the more dominant faction but they're sent right to jail when they're killed on E or W land, PN doesn't belong to either of these factions anymore they should be treated the same.

A lot of people are starting to not like Halcy anymore because it's the same rinse and repeat dirty politics and drama every time, people want a change. I think if PN is starving for PVP content they should stop begging people to come out and do Kraken/other things people either aren't interested in or ready for and return to your faction, that's how the game was designed. Even on live when I was in PN I have always thought it made no sense though the idea neat it does very little good for the server. Why do most servers start to struggle the first time a PN is formed? It's always the same thing every FS on live, it's not different here. I'm glad there's a new rush of players coming in and the live servers are going down but with all the dumb stuff going on here, those players are going to quickly turn around and leave within 30-60 days.

It seemed like players were leaving in droves when East went pirate to stop PN, almost killed the server depending on your perspective.

The game is already old as it is, that said it's pretty easy to turn people off from it at this point after all the abuse people have already suffered on live for years.

And on the topic of Fort rolling over people otherwise, Fort didn't merge with other guilds and become a mega giant until PN started gaining control of content, denying people content etc. so it was an attempt to stop that, not to just create a Zerg guild and smash people like a bunch of jerks. Anyone who thinks Fort is a "Threat" to hurting the server etc etc is completley ignorant to what has really been going on the last couple months. Just facts period, not to mention quite a bit of the guild doesn't even PVP they enjoy PVE.

Last edited:
what are you talking about when you say

fort didnt merge with other guilds until pn started gaining control of content

the core of PN has been freefarming the major content in the game outside of RD since the majority of welcome/zfz stopped being a thing(months before most of the people in fortitude even started playing). the reason why PN was pushed to be created so hard when it was is because people from pirate (the zfz leftovers) and 10b were tired of being red to each other while being outnumbered by vikings + egirl + unlucky + bandulu. bandulu couldn't stand them so the 4 members they retained ended up coming to nation. we (10b) were outnumbered to the point where we basically had to pug out the kraken raid (bringing new, undergeared players from illuminati and teaching them from the ground up)

the other thing that makes me giggle is that until you realized they were needed, fort was killing east pugs more than PN was. we haven't gone out of our way to deny anyone content, in fact we've done the opposite. we farmed alongside the hasla pug and let them have their own rift, we helped east groups do batta spirit. we've helped east and west with CR/GR/rangora/hanure/pack runs. we've sat and cheered on west doing anthalon/glenn/meina.. so what exactly do you mean by "denying content"?? denying the kraken/rd that you don't even want to go out to???

let me fix this for you

egirl didn't merge with unlucky and become a mega giant fortified turd until pirates bullied us out of pirate faction

if you really are correct in saying that fortitude is an attempt to stop PN from farming content why doesn't fortitude actually contest content?

i keep hearing the same excuses

"PN gear average is way higher than ours". look at the top 100 gearscore list and contrast the amount of non nation players to the amount of nation players. the overall averages aren't even that far apart and the only reason why forts is lower than 10b is because they have random low gearscore/new players sprinkled on top of some very geared players bringing the average down. that's generally what happens in a guild with open recruitment that accepts literally anyone.
"some of us don't enjoy pvp". fortitude guild recruitment specifically says "PVP focused" and has since the guild was formed. ??????????
"we don't have a leader". so step up and lead
"we haven't been playing together long". most of the people playing together in nation are new to playing with each other too. there are less than 10 active members left in 10b that made up the core of 10b, the rest have quit.

???????????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back