What's new

Commerce right now is too OP

On the official version it was like that too where people were throwing away certain coin purses because they were not worth opening. I am glad the staff put the extra stuff in the purses but at the same time just because it is in there does not mean it will sell for any real profit. I don't think that coin purses and packs will ever truly be even as far as profit goes. If you remember before the commerce change ancestral purses were the best way to make gold and commerce suffered.

If you think about it, Coin purse farming is actually it is still better even with the changes in commerce. If you take 9 guilda packs at 78 gold each (rough estimate) that is 702 gold per cart. Or do what most people do is to make the 34 gold packs for 306 gold per cart but you spend 18 - 24 minutes traveling which can get boring really fast. You still have to get guilda stars but also add in the loss in profits from having to buy seeds. The extra labor needed to bundle the seeds, grow the compost to get worms and harvest that. More labor needed to harvest the plants, cut up certain plants for chopped produce, ground grain, ect. Then the extra labor needed to make the pack and then sell the pack. There is a lot more effort needed to make gold with packs vs kill monster, open purse = profit.

I forgot to add that the price goes down based on how many packs are being turned in by other people. With coin purses you have no such restrictions.
Did today run 9 packs from dewstone - solz TOOK ME 6 MINS (growed all mats alone in house beds 11x45 and then 27x45 labor) made a bit less gold having 80k commerce than having 230k larceny just imagine what i could get with having famed commerce.

Something else that is stupid easy and sells at a fair pace is Dahuta's (water breathing potion 30 min)

The mats are stupid easy and can be done with very low prof if any. I made 200 and posted on Auction house in small amounts. In a few days easy 3-4k profit for 15 min of work clicking the "amount: max & Craft" buttons

Another is sunken ships- legit 600 labor for 300-400g that you get at turn in (turn in costs 0 labor with sunken cargo packs)

Selling mats: Corn, rice, chopped produce, ground grain, ground spice, trimmed meat, pelts, logs ect... Most of these mats are selling for 48s-70s on average. If you have empty seed beds or land for bundles it can be easy profit and some you can double dip like Water Beef-A-Lows you get beef/pelts

Fishing: good gold for labor if you have high prof ( i do not fish but i hear it is good)

I added this because it seems it has been decided that purses will not get a buff =( so i hope some of these activities will help some of the coin purse farmers that are affected by this.

Did today run 9 packs from dewstone - solz TOOK ME 6 MINS (growed all mats alone in house beds 11x45 and then 27x45 labor) made a bit less gold having 80k commerce than having 230k larceny just imagine what i could get with having famed commerce.

Just one run??? And you took the shortest route! What was the percentage for the turn in at? I don't know how busy it is on the west side but on the east side the precentage on short runs like that don't yeild max gold because the percentage has dropped and there are a lot of people doing them. Try doing a few hundred like that from further away. On top of having to wait 8 hrs for your gold. When you get a coin purse you don't have to wait 8 hrs to open it or buy any extra mats. BTW I do have 230k larceny and 230k commerce.

Just one run??? And you took the shortest route! What was the percentage for the turn in at? I don't know how busy it is on the west side but on the east side the precentage on short runs like that don't yeild max gold because the percentage has dropped and there are a lot of people doing them. Try doing a few hundred like that from further away. On top of having to wait 8 hrs for your gold. When you get a coin purse you don't have to wait 8 hrs to open it or buy any extra mats. BTW I do have 230k larceny and 230k commerce.
it is very busy now even to cinder. That dew to solz run is very low. Most of the time (110%-90%) but with low prof ppl still getting 18-19 gold. Most runs typically get 26-31g specialty packs 115-130% range. I too have max larceny/commerce and will only open crates when i afk for lunch or take a shower. Not the best gold but often is what i do for passive income while planting rounds of mats for packs.

dew-solz and any other short runs are only good to grow proficiency faster also recovering the value of the mats and a bit of gold and time to time you make some "profit" runs 2-4 zones like gwen-solz or airain-cinder

I think we need double or triple pack value cuz ppl cant keep up with producing gold after price or regrade charms so to fix this problem we need put more gold to economy so ppl can buy them.

And on a serious side, i am rly happy i get rid of all my gold after that change to packs what ruined gold value.

Larceny as it stands is vastly inferior to any other gold making method. With normal packs requiring little to no effort to run almost doubling or 4xing the money you invested (100g packs, really?) and fishing being as ridiculous as it is (45g for a pufferfish? what?) why is it that larceny was nerfed but these were buffed? Some might argue that running packs or fishing are risky endeavors but that itself is a common lie. If I can go to the fishing spot and see people out there all day uncontested is that REALLY risky? Same for packs. When was the last time you saw someone being killed for their packs? Even if they were they have already gotten 100x the amount out of the mats they needed to not care about some measly 10 packs being lost. Why is it that people who don't want to own land and become a slave to taxes being taxed this hard? 12 labor for 1.5 gold? what? At least add a proficiency modifier or something like you did with commerce/fishing (even though they didn't need it they were always broken).

Even would be good to make multipler on commerce and fishing capped at 230k prof to not let ppl getting +300k prof for cheap stuff and making 2.4x gold of pack.

Last edited:
How about we keep larceny labor and gold rates as-is, but instead make it affect infusion grade when unwrapping? Kind of like how proficiency affects crafting grade chances at a crafting house. I mean, if you need the gold more than you need infusions you'll be wanting to do trade runs. If you're desperate for infusions you'll be grinding mobs instead.

Archeage is supposed to be a sandbox, let's supplement playstyles instead of creating a singlular meta.

the only reason why i return to this server its because commerce was buffed and i knew that i could gear up easily and catch up with the rest of the server, i quit almost back in 3.5 and i return from unchained because of this, currently i am 12.4k gs after 6 weeks of non stop trade runs and i wasn't the only one, all of my buddies left unchained and came here because of that, it should stay because it will bring more people to the server which is great for everyone.

Even would be good to make multipler on commerce and fishing capped at 230k prof to not let ppl getting +300k prof for cheap stuff and making 2.4x gold of pack.

This does not matter. The increase in gold has diminishing returns. It is advised to not waste that 50k buff scroll to improve the gold rate because it's basically useless.

Nerfing commerce shouldn't be a thing. This games main core was buildings/trade runs, some people enjoy it, some doesn't. After numerous changes people started to not bother with packs but to search other alternatives. Boosting commerce is good, seeing countless of freighters pumping in at our outlets and making cargo cheaper is a really good feeling. Larcency was never meant to be best gold making method, i would say it's 0 risk with decent reward (talking about ancestral/queen crates) . If only larcency could be buffed it would only affect purses, i have 36000+ ancestral purses and i dont bother to open them, unless im labor capped and need to burn like 500-1000 labor. If only it would be buffed, i hope it would only affect purses. Other than that, i don't know. Maybe a 230k custom title that could also give a chance to "proc" something like unidentified veins etc, or ( i don't know if it's possible but to even proc it as 50% labor reducement lol, for example you open a purse for 12 labor *230k* prof and it procs for 6labor ) ,but anyways as i said, Larcency shouldn't get big buffs, it's meant to be lazy way to spend your labor while you're tabbed out.

As to the post about getting a 4 slot cart at the beginning to run packs is a head start to commerce. First you can't grow anything or harvest anything until lvl52. So there isn't really a head start. Also you get free armor and weapons for being able to hunt at the beginning, and at lvl 52 you get an support pack that gives you better armor and weapons. Which in my understanding is a bonus to hunting right from the start. It doesn't seem to matter what they change someone isn't happy and want this and that changed.

As to the post about getting a 4 slot cart at the beginning to run packs is a head start to commerce. First you can't grow anything or harvest anything until lvl52. So there isn't really a head start. Also you get free armor and weapons for being able to hunt at the beginning, and at lvl 52 you get an support pack that gives you better armor and weapons. Which in my understanding is a bonus to hunting right from the start. It doesn't seem to matter what they change someone isn't happy and want this and that changed.

Obviously, buffing commerce further decrease ammount of pvp on server + only make happy ppl that buy credits cuz that ones can sell credits or charms on higher prices, potatoes that run pack have false feeling of making more gold when they are in fact used like always.

You are aware it takes less than a day to get to lvl 52? If you're lazy, and I do mean really lazy....maybe, maybe two days.

Obviously, buffing commerce further decrease ammount of pvp on server + only make happy ppl that buy credits cuz that ones can sell credits or charms on higher prices, potatoes that run pack have false feeling of making more gold when they are in fact used like always.
Ok let me get this straight....you think that commerce buffs decreases PvP opportunities even though the most profitable trade runs are in PvP zones and open ocean? If you're having a hard time finding PvP then you aren't looking very hard.

People run packs because they understand how basic math and spreadsheets work. If you want to grind coinpurses then do so, it's not a bad way to make money but it's far from the best way to make money.

Last edited:
Back