What's new

Crafting RNG needs a huge rework

vulgrr

I have spent 17 thousand gold and 40 thousand labor in the last two days, and I have not gotten a SINGLE ayanad upgradeable weapon.

The RNG for crafting is completely shit and should be reworked. It is absolutely crap that I can be robbed for that much money and labor with zero return on investment, by a system that even if I did get an upgradeable it isn't even guaranteed to get me any money.

I have spent 17 thousand gold and 40 thousand labor in the last two days, and I have not gotten a SINGLE ayanad upgradeable weapon.

The RNG for crafting is completely shit and should be reworked. It is absolutely crap that I can be robbed for that much money and labor with zero return on investment, by a system that even if I did get an upgradeable it isn't even guaranteed to get me any money.
If you're getting no return on your investment then you're doing something wrong.

Are you crafting at a craft house so you get the chance of glowing proc? What is your proficiency level? What tier are you reforging at? What are you doing to non-upgradeable delphs? How much of the materials are you making yourself, or are you just straight up buying them all from AH?

Last edited:
I only use craft house
I reforge from eph and mag, neither one really makes a difference
Usually only materials I buy are wood charc and crafting archeum. I grow all the rest or obtain myself

Just RNG brother, I've wasted 100k+ in 15 mins and got nothing, just how it goes.

Hope you get one soon enough :D

The problem is, noone did rework on RNG, noone cares about it, but the RNG maingame was built for 200.000 players on a server and not for a server with a few thousands if it has a thousand, basicaly we have a worst chance on RNG, everything on server seems cheap but you need to spend more in RNG, so nothing is free.
Think RNG is a Vending machine and you want the last item on that line, if noone push that button, you need to push it a lot of times to get it "alone".

Well, i need to go shopping and buy all the stuff on yellow boards with red letters, cause i think those products are in sale

I destroyed all my gear, and i sold everything i received from that and after that i destroyed 60k gold on regrades and i was left with nothing

Last edited:
The problem is, noone did rework on RNG, noone cares about it, but the RNG maingame was built for 200.000 players on a server and not for a server with a few thousands if it has a thousand, basicaly we have a worst chance on RNG, everything on server seems cheap but you need to spend more in RNG, so nothing is free.
Think RNG is a Vending machine and you want the last item on that line, if noone push that button, you need to push it a lot of times to get it "alone".

Well, i need to go shopping and buy all the stuff on yellow boards with red letters, cause i think those products are in sale :)

I destroyed all my gear, and i sold everything i received from that and after that i destroyed 60k gold on regrades.

Changing RNG chances does nothing but piss off the people that already have the gear they have. When you change RNG chances it changes for everyone on the server, meaning people will still have better or have more etc.

Changing chances of anything in the server does nothing. It might make you seem like you're progressing, however, people are still progressing further. Such is life.

Changing RNG chances does nothing but piss off the people that already have the gear they have. When you change RNG chances it changes for everyone on the server, meaning people will still have better or have more etc.

Changing chances of anything in the server does nothing. It might make you seem like you're progressing, however, people are still progressing further. Such is life.

Changing RNG chances will make 90% of players happy, they will be able to fight against high gear players , and not being crushed so easily like mobs on free events (faction events) by players who would be pissed off with changing chances.

You guys need to understand what things can and can't be changed in the game. As someone who works in scripting and applications, it seems like almost anything can be changed, but really it cant.

So of the things that ARE different in this client vs retail, you have modified labor gains, plant grow times, items (gear) in the shops, tradepack requirements, etc. Without inside knowledge and working with the DEV team, my educated guess is these are all things located within Databases and Asset files. Loot table values, numbers and items to mix A + B = C can all be manipulated within database tables with SQL queries, etc. These are not core code within the game client itself.

I am willing to bet there is no easy way to get into the core game client and make changes. So things like the methods (functions) used to generate the RNG rolls and resulting numbers are not within database tables. You would have to edit the core functions and methods of how gear is made and quality generated and success/fail rates within the core client code. Pretty sure it cant be done

I only use craft house
I reforge from eph and mag, neither one really makes a difference
Usually only materials I buy are wood charc and crafting archeum. I grow all the rest or obtain myself
It sounds like you're on a bad unlucky streak then. If you're going for the purpose of making profit I'd recommend only reforging at mag because the potential for wisp profit if you get an eph upgradeable is huge, i.e. 6 wisps in 24 additional wisps out if you get it up to delphinad. Or if you already have a lot of wisps you can turn them into divine anchor shards which is highly sought after. Now if you're going for the purpose of getting an ayanad for yourself, the fastest way to do it is get enough wisps to reforge at eph and keep doing that till you get your delphinad upgradeable.

I made the first mythic ayanad so I've done my fair share of crafting and blown up a lot of upgradeables, I practically did nothing but crafting and gathering for 3 months straight, like with other things in game you're going to go on lucky streaks and unlucky streaks and trust me those unlucky streaks will be painful and demoralizing. My best piece of advice is to just be patient, stick with it, and continue to minimize costs, because eventually you'll go on a crazy lucky streak and suddenly make a ton of delph upgradeables.

Don't mean to keep rambling on but I wanted to make note of something me and my crafter friend Mokosita have noticed: There seems to be some sort of time dependency when it comes to crafting RNG, if you unseal an item and it's not an upgradeable wait a few minutes and do a couple of /roll's before you unseal another one. We've both done a lot of crafting at once before and we've seen that if we unseal a few at the same time, they have a very high chance of being the same type. That being said, if you get an upgradeable you'll wanna quickly unseal the other ones cause from our experience that'd give us multiple upgradeables.

Changing RNG chances will make 90% of players happy, they will be able to fight against high gear players , and not being crushed so easily like mobs on free events (faction events) by players who would be pissed off with changing chances.
You'd be surprised but the RNG gambling like aspects of the game are very very appealing to some people. I personally don't think big RNG changes should happen, but I think other methods of catching up should. Things like Hiram gear on live are a great example of such. I'd love for them to implement a system similar to it because it could be a viable catchup method as well as induce pvp from people fighting over the enemies.

Last edited:
You guys need to understand what things can and can't be changed in the game. As someone who works in scripting and applications, it seems like almost anything can be changed, but really it cant.

So of the things that ARE different in this client vs retail, you have modified labor gains, plant grow times, items (gear) in the shops, tradepack requirements, etc. Without inside knowledge and working with the DEV team, my educated guess is these are all things located within Databases and Asset files. Loot table values, numbers and items to mix A + B = C can all be manipulated within database tables with SQL queries, etc. These are not core code within the game client itself.

I am willing to bet there is no easy way to get into the core game client and make changes. So things like the methods (functions) used to generate the RNG rolls and resulting numbers are not within database tables. You would have to edit the core functions and methods of how gear is made and quality generated and success/fail rates within the core client code. Pretty sure it cant be done

It seems more than likely that the AR team has the actual source code for the server services. There's plenty of ways someone with that stuff could find the seed generators or algos used for the RNG rolls. Seeing how badly XLGames implemented CryEngine in the first place, I'm willing to bet their RNG implementation is just as trashy.

Love how all the whales came to defend rng..
The price of regrading enough times to produce the grade of item you want is not statistically favorable. Ex: An epic obsidian sells for 35-40k, however, most players will have to spend much more than that in regrades to produce an epic.
If you read what @Mistress said about the 200k player, you will quickly realise what is the problem. I am searching for an epic obsidian katana for 1-2 month now, and only got 1 offer for a t6. It seems like I either wait many more month, or just grade it myself. Under the last few month it seems like less people are regrading/crafting. I don't want to make any money with it, just want a full ayanad plate set, which is nearly non-existant on this server, so I have to do them by myself. I can't buy it.
Just to make it clearer, on retail I could buy most of these, and there were epic weapons on AH constantly during when I played in 2.9 (and that was not the best month in EU considering popualtion). More population, regrade events, etc.

And yes, that 90% seems reasonable. However, we have to accept, that the top 10% probably makes 90% of the server income. And it's really out of topic, but we can't expect much from these 10%, they are the ones who ran from retail, which they ruined, to continue doing it somewhere else.

Love how all the whales came to defend rng..

If you read what @Mistress said about the 200k player, you will quickly realise what is the problem. I am searching for an epic obsidian katana for 1-2 month now, and only got 1 offer for a t6. It seems like I either wait many more month, or just grade it myself. Under the last few month it seems like less people are regrading/crafting. I don't want to make any money with it, just want a full ayanad plate set, which is nearly non-existant on this server, so I have to do them by myself. I can't buy it.
Just to make it clearer, on retail I could buy most of these, and there were epic weapons on AH constantly during when I played in 2.9 (and that was not the best month in EU considering popualtion). More population, regrade events, etc.

And yes, that 90% seems reasonable. However, we have to accept, that the top 10% probably makes 90% of the server income. And it's really out of topic, but we can't expect much from these 10%, they are the ones who ran from retail, which they ruined, to continue doing it somewhere else.

Just craft taxes till they update to 4.5 when the RNG in crafted gear doesnt exist anymore :D

PS: I'm also a plate user with fruit salad Ayanad gear T.T

Just craft taxes till they update to 4.5 when the RNG in crafted gear doesnt exist anymore :D

PS: I'm also a plate user with fruit salad Ayanad gear T.T
I hope you call the Lake set as fruit salad :D Congratz on that, could have taken you a lot of time.

@therealdeal crafting is changed in 3.5 letting you choice what proc you gain. However grade is reset each time you tier it.
You'll be waiting a long time for that to arrive.

@therealdeal crafting is changed in 3.5 letting you choice what proc you gain. However grade is reset each time you tier it.
You'll be waiting a long time for that to arrive.
Yup, cause in retail its 2000 ppl playing across servers and crafting, and here only a couple. As soon as you craft something that noone wants as an Ayanad you end up with nothing at all. Ence crafting taxes till 3.5 hits cause this is just sad.

People don't craft ayanad plate (obsidian is much, much better for plate) on archeage in general because it simply isn't desirable in the market compared to cloth or leather, on top of the fact that people rarely use plate in general. Usually the only people who craft plate are doing it for themselves because they want a set, or doing it for anchoring charms. This shouldn't come as a surprise to you if you've played other servers.
I know plate, especially ayanad is niche. And I also said, that even on retail Europe not the best times, I could buy them off of ah. Yes, I could, and not just a Flame belt once every 2 month. What I was trying to say, that we got way less people here, and that crafting was based around that population imo, and it was way healthier.

Furthermore, reworking crafting RNG would have zero impact on your ability to find an epic obsidian katana. If you are suggesting that the admins alter the regrade rates, well then I can direct you to many posts where they voice that they won't be doing that.
I do think retail rng chances are much better, but it also got the crafting rework, so we can't have only the regrade part. However, I made that example, to show you, how unreal is to get any item on this server these days, and that regrade events (even if they only helped a lot to "whales" again) helped a lot to flood the market. The main part was on the crafting.

So hypothetically, if you ran an archeage private server for the purpose of generating profit, would you bite the hand that feeds you and punish the people who generate 90% of your revenue? I think you have your answer.
Thats why I said that line, that I understand their decisions, I thought it's clear. We can't ignore the "whales", even tho if they are just the top 10%, they are the "majority" financial wise. But that still doesn't mean, that we can't have discussions here. And increasing the crafting chance is not "biting their hands". You really need to grow up, if you in your adulthood have that mentality.

Am I suposed to salvage Divine Ayanads?

If people are being picky about the specific roll of the ayanad weapon then wouldn't it be logical to not regrade it until you upgrade it and see what roll it goes? If its a bad roll that isn't going to be easy to sell then salvage it and keep forging to craft more. If it goes celestial then grats you can anchor it and try for epic.

If you are losing gold while crafting then you aren't doing it right. Crafting is one of the best ways to make gold in this game, providing that there are people with gold to buy the shit you're selling once you craft something good. Its been pretty hard to get stuff to sell on this server for two reasons; Either players are veterans of AA and know how to get stuff in which case they generally craft their own shit / only buy the very best gear OR players are newer to AA and don't know how to generate a healthy personal economy for themselves and actually buy / craft their own gear etc. There's also that 3rd group of veterans that just never figured out how to make gold / gear themselves but we won't talk about them because if you've been playing this long and you're still a potato well its hopeless...

oh and you know theres also obsidian gear which 90% of the time is better than traditionally crafted gear BTW soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited:
Back