What's new

Decor yard/house permissions

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Recently we are receiving requests from the players to allow placing some items that has "yard" in their description, in the house as well.

Recent examples:
Goldfish Lantern
Owl Mailbox

Previously players were able to place them in the house as well, though they always had a permission "yard" only. With 7.0 release that bug was fixed and as a results players lost a possibility to place some items in the house they liked to place there.
(From 7.0 patch notes: Fixed an issue where furniture items for yard could be installed on house floors)

We studied the possibility to revert this change BUT due to the number of changes in the system, it’s not possible to revert it and permit players place items with “yard” category on the “house floor” (as you know porch and terrace of the house also count as a part of the house and a floor, not yard).
Such permission will now need to be added manually for every item.
That’s why, I'll keep this thread open for players. You can add items names here, that you used to/liked to place in the house but no longer can do it as it's "yard" only item (see examples above). We'll manually add "house floor" permission for them, so you could place them in the house, porch or terrace.

I'd just like to add to this that I don't remember these items being placeable in the *entire* house - people who placed owl mailboxes for example surely remember that they could only place them on the edges* of the house, not in the middle. And now they can't even be placed on the edges.

This is why I suspect that it wasn't the tag itself that changed (I'm pretty sure they never had the "house floor" tag in the first place), but that XL just changed the "hitbox" of the houses to be bigger so that they can't be placed on the edges (and above/below the house) anymore either. Or maybe they added a certain "buffer zone" to the check, something like that.

* - (note that I'm talking about the edges/borders of the 3D house models, not the borders of the entire plot they're on)

I'd just like to add to this that I don't remember these items being placeable in the *entire* house - people who placed owl mailboxes for example surely remember that they could only place them on the edges* of the house, not in the middle. And now they can't even be placed on the edges.

This is why I suspect that it wasn't the tag itself that changed (I'm pretty sure they never had the "house floor" tag in the first place), but that XL just changed the "hitbox" of the houses to be bigger so that they can't be placed on the edges (and above/below the house) anymore either. Or maybe they added a certain "buffer zone" to the check, something like that.

* - (note that I'm talking about the edges/borders of the 3D house models, not the borders of the entire plot they're on)
That wasn't just the one tag but more global changes in the system, that I don't think players need to know the details of. But as I said, that is not something that can be reversed.

May not have been possible before, but I want to ask anyway. Because its awesome. It would be really really nice to be able to place the nippon noodle bowl inside as well as hot tubs. Virtually any item where you have more flexibility to place it makes it better for creative types. It would be nice to see AR hammer down on uniqueness in this way.

I think that it lends itself better to creativity when there are as few restrictions as possible. It would be nice if we could just remove placement limits on items and let people experiment and create unique and interesting structures. Would it be possible to just remove the entire "Yard" designation? I suspect the number of people who would complain about things being unrealistic, if any would at all, would be infinitely smaller than the number of people who would appreciate being able to paint on a broader canvas within the game's mechanics.

Can we add "yard" attribute to Elite Merchant's Cushion?
1676455228023.png

HI, sparkle
I raised some questions in the previous few months, but I don't think sjinderson understood what I meant
It's about house decoration
I know there is no way to raise the ceiling on the number of furniture in the house
But in the update a few months ago, it changed something
You know there is a kind of furniture with restrictions on it 16*16 is 40,and 24*24+ is 80.
However, in the version a few months ago, this option was not available
This also led me to pick up some furniture and couldn't place it.
1676482171907.png

Whether it can be changed back to the way it was a few months ago, so that it is not limited in quantity. Above 80 :)

On the topic of adding some items to indoor décor, can we make some indoor only items placeable in the yard too?
  • Wooden Dining Table
  • Merchant's Feast/Rustic Table
  • Monarch's Table
  • Monarch's Ceremonial/Lavish Table
  • Scholar's Council Table
  • Noble's Round Table
  • Sovereign's Council/Gilt Table
  • Princess' End/Round Coffee/Coffee Table
  • Crest Coffee Table
The chairs for these sets are able to be placed in the yard already, but why can't we have the matching table set to go with them for cute picnic areas?

"Farmers workstation" says it can be placed on house floor but actually cant. Could that be updated to place in buildings too?

HI, sparkle
I raised some questions in the previous few months, but I don't think sjinderson understood what I meant
I know there is no way to raise the ceiling on the number of furniture in the house
You know there is a kind of furniture with restrictions on it 16*16 is 40,and 24*24+ is 80.
View attachment 20741
Whether it can be changed back to the way it was a few months ago, so that it is not limited in quantity. Above 80 :)

Recently we are receiving requests from the players to allow placing some items that has "yard" in their description, in the house as well.

Recent examples:
Goldfish Lantern
Owl Mailbox

Previously players were able to place them in the house as well, though they always had a permission "yard" only. With 7.0 release that bug was fixed and as a results players lost a possibility to place some items in the house they liked to place there.
(From 7.0 patch notes: Fixed an issue where furniture items for yard could be installed on house floors)

We studied the possibility to revert this change BUT due to the number of changes in the system, it’s not possible to revert it and permit players place items with “yard” category on the “house floor” (as you know porch and terrace of the house also count as a part of the house and a floor, not yard).
Such permission will now need to be added manually for every item.
That’s why, I'll keep this thread open for players. You can add items names here, that you used to/liked to place in the house but no longer can do it as it's "yard" only item (see examples above). We'll manually add "house floor" permission for them, so you could place them in the house, porch or terrace.
Did you see my message :)

fence.jpg

I just removed this fence and I can't place it back because it's been changed to yard placement. From what other people are saying, this happened to every piece of Mirage furniture with "fence" in the name, as well as Mirage walls. The list would be over 60 items long and probably incomplete if I compiled it myself, can you just look it up in the patch?

HI, sparkle
We'll not be changing that. It's already a lot and can affect other players loading and crashes.

We'll not be changing that. It's already a lot and can affect other players loading and crashes.

it wouldn't matter though? he's not asking for the item limit to be increased, just to remove the limit on char bound items.

it wouldn't matter though? he's not asking for the item limit to be increased, just to remove the limit on char bound items.
As Aviendha said, these items are already constrained by the max item limit of the building itself, so for example if the building has a 150 item limit, but the limit of "special" items is 40, you can either put 150 "normal" items, or 40 "special" items + 110 "normal" items, or anything in between, the total is always the same.

At some point the limit for "special" items was lowered, so people who already placed them like Giantpanda can't replace them when they're trying to move them.

Back