What's new

Destruction chat possible?

Lithium

I'm going to assume it isn't possible...but...if it were...OMG... Similar to the success messages on the top of the screen is it possible to display the destructions?

I imagine either a chat tab or a small section in the bottom right of my screen that scrolls the player name and item they blew up.

If it can't be in game...I have to imagine there is a log of this data. Having it relay this to a website that scrolls the timestamp, playername, item...I would login at work just to watch the destruction messages!

I'd really like this. I doubt they'd be able to do it in the same format as the regrade messages, but I'm sure it'd be easy to implement it so that it displays through the chat window.

Well I mean, when people are mass regrading ship items, you can see some of the icons that show up are broken even though it says succeed. So we know the item icons for broken are able to be shown. I'm assuming all they'd have to do if find the code for displaying successes and duplicate it for failures. The only issue I can see with this is, I wouldn't necessarily want to see downgrades from failures, only things that blow up. Not sure if they can differentiate between the two though.

Well I mean, when people are mass regrading ship items, you can see some of the icons that show up are broken even though it says succeed. So we know the item icons for broken are able to be shown. I'm assuming all they'd have to do if find the code for displaying successes and duplicate it for failures. The only issue I can see with this is, I wouldn't necessarily want to see downgrades from failures, only things that blow up. Not sure if they can differentiate between the two though.
I agree with this, nobody cares to see the downgrades. But at the same time if this was implemented we'd see a spam of Celestial gear breaking, maybe only Divine and beyond breaks should be displayed.

We would have destruction mensages all the time. Imagine how many boat pieces geta destroyed everyday. Its already annoying to see all sails and cannons that goes divine.

Ehh, the regrade messages are annoying already. And if we added the failures it'd be like 3x the spam. don't really see a point

I agree with this, there would be no point to see ALL the failures, it would be such a mass spam because there are so many people constantly regrading a lot of different things. Though if it was possible to make an option in which you'd be able to choose what to allow in your chat, it would benefit everyone

However, for sails and other ship equipment I don't really think it's necessary because it's already very exasperating to get the success regrade pop up all the time due to so many people regrading those. Maybe in this case it would be better to make it possible to disable the huge ass pop up text in the middle of the screen

Personally, I would love see this.

Every time I see someone proc an Epic or higher, I get this Yolo mentality, and there goes two Ayanad Shortspears.

Need a friendly reminder that there are far more failures than successes.

Please no. Those messages block you from accessing that part of your screen. There have already been plenty times where someone is mass regrading and I have to completely reconfigure myself for the next minute or two, or stop what I'm doing until they're done.

Edit: as for more chat spam - if it's implemented, I'd strongly prefer being able to toggle successes and failures separately. So I can keep successes in one tab like normal and have another devoted to Hugs' regrading. i.e. still no failures.

Back