What's new

Devs should add credits to market during disabled donations.

Kajamaz

The issue is that it may seem minor to have donations disabled, and getting rid of p2w whails, but the issue this causes is a massive inflation of many necessary items and halting entire businesses.
There are really no ways to get regrade gems, fishing ponds, mining drills, expansion scrolls, specialization snowflakes, etc... etc... etc...
Regrade gems are a primary because this has halted the sale of many regrade scrolls and little people regrade right now because the lack of gems.
This hinders a chain of markets such as the things needed for regrading, the need for illustrious items to be made for manawisps, etc...
Expansion scrolls are necessary for more inv space, and is literally impossible to acquire otherwise.
Dont talk about vocation being used for drills or ponds, no one would ever spend that much on those items.
The sea crates from cash shop are unattainable.
Etc...
I feel this alters the market a bit more than I wish it did. Causes credit hoarders to flip for huge profit, while necessities for players are missing.

What do you think devs. I feel you should dump some credits as compensation for the lack of donation credits.

They're currently working on it and Im sure it won't be down for too much longer. Just save up gold, Im sure the inflation will go down once credits are purchasable. :)

They're currently working on it and Im sure it won't be down for too much longer. Just save up gold, Im sure the inflation will go down once credits are purchasable. :)
Yes, I am sure that's true, but till then the economy has gone weird, hyper inflation of things as scrolls etc... Maybe just a little sprinkle here and there.

EDIT: Forgot to mention lunar and etc... crows, people cant buy demos too

It's true this limits things, but that would be a lot of gold that would leave the economy if the GM added credit boxes along with how would you even set a price with out leaving those who have a stoke pile (i'm not one of those people) profiting from the increase in price or losing out on the decrease of adding gold sink credit boxes.

Day 2: my credit card still cries itself to sleep at night. I've tried everything: swiping it in the door frame, swiping it in the shower... Even swiping it in my wife's cleavage. Nothing. My marriage is falling apart as my wife won't even look at me anymore. She just says "it's all your fault" and then goes on to other things. I feel my soul being ripped from my body each second this continues. "IF ONLY I HAD SWIPED MORE AND SOONER" I keep telling myself, but it doesn't make the despair go away.

Day 2: my credit card still cries itself to sleep at night. I've tried everything: swiping it in the door frame, swiping it in the shower... Even swiping it in my wife's cleavage. Nothing. My marriage is falling apart as my wife won't even look at me anymore. She just says "it's all your fault" and then goes on to other things. I feel my soul being ripped from my body each second this continues. "IF ONLY I HAD SWIPED MORE AND SOONER" I keep telling myself, but it doesn't make the despair go away.
you could buy me a new motherboard + cpu. i accidentally fried mine. playing on an 6-7 year old i3 now.. :(

Guys, we are working on a long-term solution. You'll be able to Donate in no time! For now, I can tell there's enough amount of Credits in game, you may simply buy/swap them.

Guys, we are working on a long-term solution. You'll be able to Donate in no time! For now, I can tell there's enough amount of Credits in game, you may simply buy/swap them.

I guess the issue is, now that the supply has dried up, the demand has skyrocketed.

People who were holding onto credits (I just used mine -_-) Are making serious bank.
Personally I think you folks are doing a great job with everything.
Once you get the hacking, botting, and multi-boxing under control, this server will be the utopian Archeage server.

Day 2 (3 in my case as im EU): Credits have almost tripled in price, while the supporters via the cash shop are left waiting to purchase ....The Marketplace supply will only last so long.

What are those who support the server and supply the market supposed to do ? We don't want to buy for ingame gold, when we should be selling for such.

**hint, hint** Anyone who has spent over £50 should get a daily stipend of credits.

This has to be the closest thing possible to an apocalypse ... people are killing each other for overpriced credits...its like water, but credits ._.

Just give everyone the same amount of credits they've already purchased. That will put more credits into the system to keep the economy going while we wait, and to me it seems the fairest way to add more credits into the system.

A lot of players have enough credits in stock, as Ironlady said. I see no problem here, u also can wait 1 or 2 days.

Anyone realize that this could be (i'm almost sure) a well thought plan from "management" to drain credits from the server and create an overexcitment run towards credit's when they open donations again making alot of money from this "problem"?

Anyone realize that this could be (i'm almost sure) a well thought plan from "management" to drain credits from the server and create an overexcitment run towards credit's when they open donations again making alot of money from this "problem"?

I would only believe this if the Donations became available right before auroria opened. If it isn't open by then, then I know they are just having some sort of technical issue. But, even if it does open before then, who's to say that they didn't work their tails off to get it fixed BECAUSE auroria would be another huge influx of money.

Considering the rate at which some people were swiping, I'm sure they were content with the way things were going. My guess is Trion sent a cease and desist to the site they were using to collect payments.

the website for PGC is down completely so its not just this game suffering ... the other game I use to play is as well.

Back