What's new

Discussion: Allow characters to start doing tradeskills at 30.

I'm curious, if it's not to stop bots, then what are the other reasons for this labor restriction.

Please don't be offended, I'm not having a go at you, I'm just really curious as to why this restriction is in place. If it makes sense, then I'll shut up about it :p
I never said it is not to stop bots.
I said that bots is not the only reason.

Another is to help with catching and preventing labor and loyalty alts.
The level 52 requirement allows the system time to catch them before they affect the server.

The rest of the reasons are not what players need to be aware of

Ur an "active member" on this forum meaning you would have been posting a lot and actively playing AR before right.... Posts all the way from 2017 here...

Surely you have 1 fully levelled character from back then that has a bunch of leftover mats/gold and stuff to use to make/buy the stuff you need to level your new character which you can then MAIL to yourself...

I mean unless you made the mistake of deleting that character...

Yeah, you're right. I've been here since the beginning, so I do have a fully leveled character. But I really didn't want to have to rely on her (it feels like cheating). I want that 'fresh start' experience and I really wanted to see what it was like for a brand new player to start ArcheRage for the first time. I was hoping I could give some feedback about what the 'new player' experience is like these days.

Yeah I agree on that. Economy is stale. I'm 10851 gearscore, free to play and have managed that by mostly flipping gear and crafting a few things. But patch 3.5 & 4.0 have killed that for me. If I was to start over today, there is no way I'd see such a fast progress in gearing as I had it in the past.

However, some items grow on demand as we get new patches and with that, support packs. So there'll always be something.

Larency is actually a great way to make money, I prefer it over packs or fishing.
Other ways of PvE, not quite sure. All require to be geared to some extent.

If you don't care about race, pick dwarf or warborn, they get a lot more exp from questing, you'll be 45 at the end of their racial questline, compared to 23 to all others.

Oh yes! I'll definitely be playing a dwarf (I love dwarfs, see my avatar ?).

Has patch 4.0 been implemented on the server yet? I was thinking of coming back for 4.0 so I that I can experience all the new changes.

You say that Larceny (coin purses) are really good these days. I was never very good at combat and I wasn't really bothered about my gear score. But that might need to change. Is Hiram gear in this version of ArcheRage? I know it caused a lot of problems on the official servers, but there's no doubt it made leveling far less painful.

Anyway, thanks for all the answers (I kind of hijacked this thread, apologies to the OP).

If you do your racial quests on new character (the green ones), it'll take you 1hr if you are fast to finish them until you pick those back up at cinderstone / ynystere. At that point you have received 57-60 gilda stars already that you can sell as designs.
Fair enough :)

Back