What's new

Doxxing

What should the punishment be for releasing someone's information (Doxxing) in game/discord?

• Total voters

Zachh

Recently there's been a bunch of instances of people exposing real life information/picture (Doxxing) on the server. The current repercussions for doxxing someone doesn't feel strong enough to deter others from doing it in the future. I would like to prevent this from happening on the server again.

Please vote in this poll to let the admins know what level of punishment you feel is appropriate for any instance of doxxing against members of the community, in hopes they'll put it in the rules and make it clear that this behavior is not tolerated here.

I'm not even actively playing the game to realize this is a super bannable offense. Distributing personal information on the web against the proprietary's will it's a malicious act which can have consequences in real life. People can be mad in game for many reasons and those grudges can be resolved in game, there's no need, EVER, to make game grudges cross the real life barrier just to harm real people.

The NA server has people from all countries, and malicious racist comments should be punished more severely, right?

Maybe just kindly feed him a banana. In contrast, the NA server has people from all countries, and malicious racist comments should be punished more severely, right?
Threats and insults that I receive on a regular basis such as the image pictured are one thing, but they're not even close in nature to the severity of doxxing someone which has real risks of placing people in jeopardy.

People doxxing should be permanently banned. No questions asked.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    161.4 KB · Views: 146
Back