What's new

Endless arrow's speed

s986246

Any primevals here feel like endless arrow is too slow? I've seen videos of people shooting a string of endless arrow at less attack speed than me. However with recent testing, the speed of endless arrow is like x10 normally in MM, I can put a string of arrow into targets in MM, while it's like 3 arrows per sec outside.
this video shows exactly what I'm talking about, anybody knows why is that? I had 600 with song in mm, I get out to caenord and buff my speed to 1000 and yet it's still way slower. My ping is 50ms, which isn't bad, but I've seen videos of primevals shooting a string of arrow in open PvP as well. Like this this video at 1:30, the guy on freedich at level 53 shooting a string of arrow with no problems
. I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, but any primevals in Archerage can shoot at such speed outside of MM?

Mind showing your combat log? Just curious if the frequencies are also time-stamped accordingly or if it's just a one-off animation problem

I will try again whenever I can do next MM, but so far as I can see, I was shooting a consecutive string of arrows in MM at 500 attack speed. 2 minutes later I get out to Caenors to test dummies. I buffed up (3x inspire, lvl 55 vitalism buff, berserker nodachi, and songcraft) and reached 1100 attack speed, and was doing half the arrow counts if not less comparing to when I was in MM.

I also dream of endless arrows as fast as those of rythm & koon. That being said i also experience very different attack speeds. I am from EU with 120ping, Wtfast lowers it a bit, yet i feel my attack speed varies a lot.
My first guess was the songcraft players boosting your attack speed in MM.
Whirlwind blessing from Vitalism also pushes it higher by quite a lot. in pvp you also fight a lot more and use skills like shadowsmite or overwhelm which can proc the attack speed passive of your dagger.
Theres much that influences attack speed so its hard to say what the cause is.

But since you said you used all sorts of buffs i dont really know what it might be either. Maybe higher attack speed doesnt mean faster arrows ? Idk maybe attack speed and lower global cd differs from eachother or something

I also dream of endless arrows as fast as those of rythm & koon. That being said i also experience very different attack speeds. I am from EU with 120ping, Wtfast lowers it a bit, yet i feel my attack speed varies a lot.
My first guess was the songcraft players boosting your attack speed in MM.
Whirlwind blessing from Vitalism also pushes it higher by quite a lot. in pvp you also fight a lot more and use skills like shadowsmite or overwhelm which can proc the attack speed passive of your dagger.
Theres much that influences attack speed so its hard to say what the cause is
I did check and test it, my 500 atk speed in mm shoot like kooncoon, and my 1100 atk speed (x3 inspire, whirlwind, berseker, songcraft) shoot as slow as you would normally see. This was tested within minutes while I was lagging more in MM as well.

Endless arrows is on a system que. By this when you use the skill it ques it. Hold it down and it ques more faster than it fires. Its firing speed is based on your attack speed and the response time of the server and not your own ping. This is why there are differences in attack speed. To not ise the skill que would require extremely high ping.
For videos of live. Live removed this que after 3.0 for speed being ping based again

I feel like I vaguely remember this being a question on live as well and it had something to do with the way skill queue was implemented. Iirc, being in a large group of people makes people experience lag spikes and higher ping and stuff, and so skill queue compensated for that, whereas if you're solo, it's more based off of your own ping, so you naturally shoot slower. If I can, I'll try and find some of the original threads discussing this.

Endless arrows is on a system que. By this when you use the skill it ques it. Hold it down and it ques more faster than it fires. Its firing speed is based on your attack speed and the response time of the server and not your own ping. This is why there are differences in attack speed. To not ise the skill que would require extremely high ping.
For videos of live. Live removed this que after 3.0 for speed being ping based again
The server response time explains why my endless becomes a basic attack when titan rift spawns.

That makes sense, but then it doesn’t make sense to me that the server queues faster while I’m in raid or war events. Does it queue faster in those cases because during cr, gr, or any event raids (except titan), I would be shooting faster

That makes sense, but then it doesn’t make sense to me that the server queues faster while I’m in raid or war events. Does it queue faster in those cases because during cr, gr, or any event raids (except titan), I would be shooting faster
When you're in raid and war events you're receiving buffs from songs and other souced causing you to shoot faster.
The server is not queing actions faster

I
When you're in raid and war events you're receiving buffs from songs and other souced causing you to shoot faster.
The server is not queing actions faster
Which is why I check for my atk speed in raid at 500, and I went to caenord to use (beserker, and song, and vitalism’s whirldwind buff) to achieve 1100 atk speed, still shoot slower than while I’m in raid (mm seems to make me shoot the fastest)

Back