What's new

Famed Profession Bonuses and More

Bofur

Benefits of Famed Proficiencies:

Harvesting:

Husbandry:

Sheep, Goat, Cow, Yata, and Bear Pens- Cost: x3 Animal, x2 Lumber, x2 Handicraft Yarn, x1-2 Heavy Hardwood. Yield: Produce a good amount of pelt/fur and fertilizer.

Farming:

Improved Produce Seed Bundle- Cost: x10 potato eyes, x10 carrot seeds, x10 garlic seeds, x10 onion seeds, x10 cucumber seeds, and x10 royal seeds. Yield: Moderate amount of potatoes, cucumbers, carrots, onions, tomatoes, garlic, strawberries, pumpkins, yams, and chili peppers.

Improved Grain Seed Bundle- Cost: x15 barley seeds, x15 corn seeds, x15 rice seeds, and x10 royal seeds. Yield: Moderate amount of barley, rice, corn, wheat, oats, rye, peanuts, beans, and quinoa.

Fishing:

Advanced Fishing- Require: Frozen Wave Fishing Rod, Famed Fishing Title “Anyfin Is Possible”. Yield: Big Belly Fish(Can give Treasure Maps, Other fish, Brinebrawn Stones, Clubhead Spore, and Blank Canvas)

Logging:

Pine Woodlot- Cost: Pine Trees and x2 Heavy Hardwood. Yield: Logs

Improved Savory Fruiting Woodlot- Cost: x10 banana saplings, x10 fig saplings, and x2 heavy hardwood. Yield: Moderate amount of ginkgo leaves, figs, olives, bananas, and pomegranates.

Improved Fragrant Fruiting Woodlot- Cost: x5 grapevine saplings, x5 apple saplings, x5 avocado saplings, and x2 heavy hardwood. Yield: Moderate amount of honey, jujubes, apples, cherries, and oranges.

Improved Skyreach Woodlot- Cost: x10 hornbeam saplings, x10 cork saplings, x10 cedar saplings, x10 poplar saplings, and x2 heavy hardwood. Yield: High amount of logs & increased chance of thunderstruck tree.

Gathering:

Improved Flower Seed Bundle- Cost: x10 azalea seeds, x10 narcissus seeds, x10 clover seeds, x10 rose seeds, and x10 scented leaves. Yield: Moderate amount of azaleas, clover, narcissus, roses, lilies, lotus, cornflowers and cactus.

Improved Medicinal Seed Bundle- Cost: x20 mushroom spores, x20 thistle seeds, and x10 scented leaves. Yield: Moderate amount of mushrooms, thistle, aloe, and cultivated ginseng.

Improved Spice Seed Bundle- Cost: x40 iris seeds, x40 lavender seeds, and x10 scented leaves. Yield: moderate amount of iris, lavender, mint, rosemary, sunflowers, turmeric, poppy, and saffron.

Mining:

Unidentified Vein- Requirements: 230,000 Mining Proficiency & “Besalty” Title.

Each vein requires an Ore Sorter(can be crafted with 20,000 handicraft)

3 Different types of veins:

• Clear Unidentified Ore – requires 15 labor and an Ore Sorter to unseal and results in a small amount of Gold or Archeum Ore.

• Vivid Unidentified Ore – requires 20 labor and an Ore Sorter to unseal and results multiple gems.

• Lucid Unidentified Ore – requires 30 labor and an Ore Sorter to unseal and results multiple gems with a chance for a Radiant Jewel.
Crafting:

Alchemy:

Alluvion Love- Upgraded Version of Nui’s Nova

Stormraw Wave- Upgraded Version of Kraken’s Might

Cooking:

Savory Bread- Upgraded Version of Deluxe Sandwich

Aromatic Soup- Upgraded Version of Savory Soup

Handicraft:

Aurora Storage chest- Chest that holds up to 150 TRADEABLE items

Machining:

Wrapped Apex Squall, Wrapped Timber Coupe, and Wrapped Comet Speedster- TRADEABLE Car’s until unwrapped.

Masonry:

Divine Dice- Fortuna Die but will ALWAYS roll 5 or higher.

Misc:
Construction:
Tax Certificate (Tradable)- Craftable Tax Certs.

Professions without the benefit of being famed:(Other than Cheaper Labor, More EXP, and Minor Crafting/Item Buff)
  • Larceny
  • Commerce
  • Artistry
  • Exploration
  • Tailoring
  • Leatherworking
  • Weaponry
  • Carpentry
  • Metalworking
  • Printing

The debate that I want people to think about is should the professions receive an increase in benefits.

I believe the following increases would make it worth it to get famed in any of these professions. Instead of leaving them at 130k for the ability to craft Ayanads.

Crafting(Tailoring, Leatherworking, Metalworking, Weaponry, and Carpentry):
At 230,000 Proficiency have an increased chance when crafting gear to increase Grade. Something noticeable to make it worth finding/obtaining 230,000 in the skill. I personally think that 5%-10% to upgrade anything past celestial would be fair.

Printing(at 230,000):
Low chance to craft a Resplendent Scroll while crafting regular scrolls. This should be very rare something around 1/500 or 1/1000.

Larceny(at 230,000):

Unidentified Weapon/Armor/Accessories have a chance to open a celestial or divine piece of equipment.

Commerce(at 230,000):
Packs that are turned in by the crafter of the pack receive a flat 50% increase in rewards from all packs.

Exploration(at 230,000):
Increase amount of gold received from sunken ship’s treasure chests.

Artistry(at 230,000):
Force people to dance to your songs when you play them. I do not know what people who level this would actually like to see.

I also want to add that you need to have 230,000 base of a skill to get the title unlocked.

Commerce(at 230,000):
Packs that are turned in by the crafter of the pack receive a flat 50% increase in rewards from all packs.

Are you insane? :D
Best benefits already, a labor cost reduction 230k -> 36 LP to make a pack... also there's some kind of a negotiation bonus aswell...

It's nice that u listed some of the 230k bonuses, but the "custom" ones - just no ty...

Commerce(at 230,000):

Are you insane? :D
Best benefits already, a labor cost reduction 230k -> 36 LP to make a pack... also there's some kind of a negotiation bonus aswell...

It's nice that u listed some of the 230k bonuses, but the "custom" ones - just no ty...
I just feel that there should be a use to getting all professions to 230k and not just a specific few. But for the negotiation bonus it is around 10% increase which is a max of 15g from the Abyssal packs.

Commerce(at 230,000):

I got 230k yesterday, not seeing any difference in gold prices. I usually take Sunbite fert and citrus to Vill for about 12-13g, it should be about 18ish g now.

That is a custom bonus, he was making a suggestion. There is no such a thing as 50% increase in payouts for commerce 230k.

Crafting(Tailoring, Leatherworking, Metalworking, Weaponry, and Carpentry):
At 230,000 Proficiency have an increased chance when crafting gear to increase Grade. Something noticeable to make it worth finding/obtaining 230,000 in the skill. I personally think that 5%-10% to upgrade anything past celestial would be fair.

Printing(at 230,000):
Low chance to craft a Resplendent Scroll while crafting regular scrolls. This should be very rare something around 1/500 or 1/1000.

Larceny(at 230,000):

Unidentified Weapon/Armor/Accessories have a chance to open a celestial or divine piece of equipment.

Commerce(at 230,000):

Exploration(at 230,000):
Increase amount of gold received from sunken ship’s treasure chests.

Artistry(at 230,000):
Force people to dance to your songs when you play them. I do not know what people who level this would actually like to see.

Let me put up my idea:

Crafting(Tailoring, Leatherworking, Metalworking, Weaponry, and Carpentry)(At 230,000):
Gold cost for crafting reduced 50%;

Printing(at 230,000):
Low chance to craft a BOUND Resplendent Scroll while crafting regular scrolls. This should be very rare something around 1/500 ; A TRADEABLE Resplendent Scroll every 1/1000;
For other crafts as Ship Regrades/Dungeon Grinding, chance for each 1/30-50 you Double craft (you get 2 from 1 craft);
And for Ayanad Weapon/Armor/Acessory Scrolls, 10% reduced labor Per Craft + the normal 230k reduction amount;

Larceny(at 230,000):
Unidentified Weapon/Armor/Accessories have a 1/20 to open a divine piece of equipment;
Lost Garden Weapons/ Any Armor from auroria: Chance to open a celestial is 1/50, chance to drop Archeum (according to each kind) 1/20;
Queen Coinpurses have a drop rate of 20%+ from mobs;
Queen Coinpurses have a drop rate of 40% more loot; (The way it is, as i did some math, you only have a 0.1g profit for each queen, if you sold EVERY drop at a reasonable price.;
Lesser coinpurses have a drop rate of 30%+ from mobs, and a drop rate of 30% more loot. (As they are easy to farm, plus, are the most farmed ones in the bot market);
Crates have a 20% increase drop rate of lunarites;
And 15% reduced labor cost for every drop/crate/coinpurse;

Commerce(at 230,000):
Packs that are turned in by the crafter of the pack receive a flat 25% increase in reward for GOLD TRADES INSIDE the continent. Not at gold trader on Freedich. (The actual price of the packs arent by far atractive);
Aged packs have a 20% increase;

Exploration(at 230,000):
Increase 25% gold from sunken ship’s treasure chests;
Auroran Metallic crates have a 20% drop rate increase when opened by Famed Explorators;
And something else, since its kind of heh to level Exploration up;

Fishing(at 230,000):
Damage dealt is 10% higher on salt water;
Fishes caught in the sea have a 30% chance of being small, 60% medium and 10% gargantuan;

(And overall, fishing is really not worthy, just as the Exploration prof. The server needs to rethink it. One thing we could do is get more gold per fish/more gold per sunken merchant packs, XLGames didnt count at the 3.0 that Exploration and Fishing ARE THE MOST RISKY ones in the proficiency folio. Of course, you can fish inside a safe zone, but, its not profitable nor done by anyone, but in-continental traderuns, are done, with packs. There is no other prof that requires ALL time risks. Only those 2, so, we should adress that as properly)

BUT. There is a catch for those buffs: You need to be using the title ALL TIMES;
If you dont use your title when you turn in a pack, you wont get the %.
If you dont use your title when opening coinpurses, you wont get the drops.
You dont use your title when you make anything, you dont get anything different.

That is my suggestion

Last edited:
Let me put up my idea:

Crafting(Tailoring, Leatherworking, Metalworking, Weaponry, and Carpentry)(At 230,000):

Printing(at 230,000):
Low chance to craft a BOUND Resplendent Scroll while crafting regular scrolls. This should be very rare something around 1/500 ; A TRADEABLE Resplendent Scroll every 1/1000;
For other crafts as Ship Regrades/Dungeon Grinding, chance for each 1/30-50 you Double craft (you get 2 from 1 craft);
And for Ayanad Weapon/Armor/Acessory Scrolls, 10% reduced labor Per Craft + the normal 230k reduction amount;

Larceny(at 230,000):
Unidentified Weapon/Armor/Accessories have a 1/20 to open a divine piece of equipment;
Lost Garden Weapons/ Any Armor from auroria: Chance to open a celestial is 1/50, chance to drop Archeum (according to each kind) 1/20;
Queen Coinpurses have a drop rate of 40% more loot; (The way it is, as i did some math, you only have a 0.1g profit for each queen, if you sold EVERY drop at a reasonable price.;
Lesser coinpurses have a drop rate of 30%+ from mobs, and a drop rate of 30% more loot. (As they are easy to farm, plus, are the most farmed ones in the bot market);

Commerce(at 230,000):
Packs that are turned in by the crafter of the pack receive a flat 25% increase in reward for GOLD TRADES INSIDE the continent. Not at gold trader on Freedich. (The actual price of the packs arent by far atractive);

Exploration(at 230,000):
Auroran Metallic crates have a 20% drop rate increase when opened by Famed Explorators;

Fishing(at 230,000):
Fishes caught in the sea have a 30% chance of being small, 60% medium and 10% gargantuan;

(And overall, fishing is really not worthy, just as the Exploration prof. The server needs to rethink it. One thing we could do is get more gold per fish/more gold per sunken merchant packs, XLGames didnt count at the 3.0 that Exploration and Fishing ARE THE MOST RISKY ones in the proficiency folio. Of course, you can fish inside a safe zone, but, its not profitable nor done by anyone, but in-continental traderuns, are done, with packs. There is no other prof that requires ALL time risks. Only those 2, so, we should adress that as properly)

BUT. There is a catch for those buffs: You need to be using the title ALL TIMES;
You dont use your title when you make anything, you dont get anything different.

That is my suggestion
+1

Let me put up my idea:

Printing(at 230,000):

Larceny(at 230,000):

Commerce(at 230,000):

Exploration(at 230,000):

Fishing(at 230,000):

That is my suggestion

+1

Let me put up my idea:

Printing(at 230,000):

Larceny(at 230,000):

Commerce(at 230,000):

Exploration(at 230,000):

Fishing(at 230,000):

That is my suggestion

These changes are incredibly strong changes that are not going to happen.
you could never calculate what the rate changes to larceny would actually do. The Devs have already adjusted Larceny to be based off of proficiency for the rewards inside and the actual values were purposely kept hidden. Your math is based solely on an estimation of your own rng.
You also cannot just give something a flat increase in reward for having it a certain level. I won't explain all of these but all of them are unreasonable bar that of the potential gold reduction from crafting.
If you make changes like this yes you bring in more gold, but also inflate the value of everything to balance it out and things will end back where they began. In short these changes to proficiencies would make creating gold via the other dangerous methods obselete, why do continental trade runs when you'll make more gold and instant return by just selling in land with no risk for almost 40g per pack. 360g per 15 to 20 minutes on cart of practically afk driving your way to the sell point.

Changes such as these shall not be made

These changes are incredibly strong changes that are not going to happen.
you could never calculate what the rate changes to larceny would actually do. The Devs have already adjusted Larceny to be based off of proficiency for the rewards inside and the actual values were purposely kept hidden. Your math is based solely on an estimation of your own rng.
You also cannot just give something a flat increase in reward for having it a certain level. I won't explain all of these but all of them are unreasonable bar that of the potential gold reduction from crafting.
If you make changes like this yes you bring in more gold, but also inflate the value of everything to balance it out and things will end back where they began. In short these changes to proficiencies would make creating gold via the other dangerous methods obselete, why do continental trade runs when you'll make more gold and instant return by just selling in land with no risk for almost 40g per pack. 360g per 15 to 20 minutes on cart of practically afk driving your way to the sell point.

Changes such as these shall not be made

YES, I totally agree with you. These are COMPLETELY STRONG changes. But what happens is that, in some of those threads, if we get 10% of what we proposed, its profit. Sometimes the ideas wont even be considered.

If you look at those proficiencies, they have NO bonus at 230k, i am not trying to overbalance them, but to get some ideas of what could be made to have them more appealing;

Wanna get an idea of what you could do using my ideas as an idea? Here:

10% less labor when you reach lacerny/exploration/fishing prof.

These are NOT unballancing.

And by the way,
You also cannot just give something a flat increase in reward for having it a certain level.
Thats EXACTLY what happens when you reach 10k, 20k, 30k, 50k, etc etc till 230k prof in the game. A % reduction of labor, a % reduction of time processing. Thats what im proposing in my idea. Less labor and less gold cost.
(If you are the owner of some crafting house, you get that 10%, so, its already implemented in the game, and as you can imagine, its not game breaking)

Last edited:
I doubt many people would go through the boredom of maxing commerce that giving maxed commerce players an extra gold or 3 would have any substantial effect of the economy.

I doubt many people would go through the boredom of maxing commerce that giving maxed commerce players an extra gold or 3 would have any substantial effect of the economy.
The problem with a flat increase is that i can run solo packs from 2 really close maps and get an specific amount of gold that can make the route worth. (Labor/time worth)

The problem with a flat increase is that i can run solo packs from 2 really close maps and get an specific amount of gold that can make the route worth. (Labor/time worth)
Doesn't sound like a problem to me, more verity of viable location. Also, closer zones will still make less gold than those further away, repeated runs to closer zones will tank the % price faster.

Last edited:
Back