What's new

Fishing Changes?

narzick

@IronLady

Hello I used to be a pretty avid fisher, but as everyone know XL ruined fishing once they made all the spots the combined and you only get puffer fish 24/7 now.

Fishing is only decent if you're a pirate from what I can grasp and I feel like that really kills some ocean combat in the rest of the ocean, because the gold potential isnt there.

Aside from the fishing event you guys put on, is there going to be any changes in the fish price, fishing holes, likely hood of getting marlins, etc? I've been leveling my Fishing just in case, but I dont want to waste my time if it's still just going to be a bad way to make gold.

Thanks!
Zack

Appreciate your response, IronLady.

Fishing is still decent in 2.9. There are benefits to the current system.

1) Now you don't need to spend 20 mins hunting around for a Marlin spot just because anything less is "trash tier"

2) Yeah puffers suck (really badly), but there is an increased "HELL YEAH!" factor when you actually land a Garg Marlin.
It adds excitement to the actual fishing experience rather then it being purely a gold grind.

3) Lower inflation rate. Pure marlin spawns input incredible amounts of instant gold into the economy.

4) Safer fishing. You bet your ass if you bring back Pure Marlin spawns, the care-bears are going to be hunted viciously for their catch.
Right now its still a relatively reasonable thing to do, but everyone and their Dog's best friend will be out murdering fishermen if Marlin spawns come back.

That all being said.... Puffer fish suck donkey dongs.

Appreciate your response, IronLady.

Fishing is still decent in 2.9. There are benefits to the current system.

1) Now you don't need to spend 20 mins hunting around for a Marlin spot just because anything less is "trash tier"

2) Yeah puffers suck (really badly), but there is an increased "HELL YEAH!" factor when you actually land a Garg Marlin.
It adds excitement to the actual fishing experience rather then it being purely a gold grind.

3) Lower inflation rate. Pure marlin spawns input incredible amounts of instant gold into the economy.

4) Safer fishing. You bet your ass if you bring back Pure Marlin spawns, the care-bears are going to be hunted viciously for their catch.
Right now its still a relatively reasonable thing to do, but everyone and their Dog's best friend will be out murdering fishermen if Marlin spawns come back.

That all being said.... Puffer fish suck donkey dongs.
You sir.. I like you. You share the same passion for fishing as I.

Yeah eventually it needs a big buff. On any live server literally NOBODY fishes it's that bad.
Are you West or East? My Guild is basically a fishing conglomorate in the making. Even if you are in the East I wouldn't mind seeing you out in the waters. Fishermans code and all.

Are you West or East? My Guild is basically a fishing conglomorate in the making. Even if you are in the East I wouldn't mind seeing you out in the waters. Fishermans code and all.
I have fished as my main money maker since Alpha. Are you east or west on NA ArcheRage?

Back