• No way, i hate this guys.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
Just to clarify,

you fish which is your choice,
you do it in an open pvp environment
you do so knowing you can get ganked,
fishers generally do so in groups, which is fine,
you compare fishing (instant gold return) to cheese packs (which take 3 days to make before they are transported)

and you want a buff to protect you? you do 2 runs of 5 fish you could generally make around 100+ gold, instantly, as opposed to cheese, where you wait 3 days and maybe make that compared to 3 packs of cheese return over 3 days to an hour or two of fishing and you will make a lot more gold.

i see no issue increasing the gold value of a fish, as some of them are low, 8 gold a fish is not great, however to suggest you need a buff to fish with because you get ganked in a pvp game is ridiculous, if u have an issue with being ganked... dont fish, or bait fish in a safe zone.

this is a PVP game, last i checked, why would we turn it into a carebear fest, we have had carebear festival, now you want carebear fishing buff?

What next? i was pirated for 2 packs, i want free 4k gs, i got ganked in halcy? i want perma peace?? you cant change the way the game runs because something is hard for you.

If people running merc ships, asked for a forcefield to protect them on the sea.. they would be laughed at.

lets not turn this game into carebear central, as pvp is a part of the game, and the main reason a lot of people play the game in the first place.
Read my text again.

Hi All!

Unfortunately, as for now, no changes in fishing can be made. If we increase it, as a result, it will increase amount of bots fishing. That is a very easy way for them to get gold. Though we are doing our best to remove bots, there will always be some of them in the game. Buffing fishing will noticeably increase the amount of gold in the game due to it.

For the players who enjoy fishing we also have a Game Event - The Fishers Day.

Don't buff because have a bot ? Remove the coin purse, remove the land because have LandHack, remove everything at game, bot in the WAR zone is the least of your worries if have gank the bot gonna lose. But it's ridiculous to keep something unfeasible because of what you said.

I make more money farming queen purse today, half hour u can make 150 qp = 75g + another things. I have 130k fishing and today i farming qp because fishing not viable.

I snagged a red fishing boat the other day when I came upon it by chance while looking for chests. When i turned in the full hold it was only worth 50g. Made me feel bad for the fisher that I ganked. But like others say, if payouts are increased to make it worth it then it also becomes worth it for pirates. Judging by the ships i see just running larders you are going to regret getting what you asked for in this case. Bot issue aside and not considered.

I snagged a red fishing boat the other day when I came upon it by chance while looking for chests. When i turned in the full hold it was only worth 50g. Made me feel bad for the fisher that I ganked. But like others say, if payouts are increased to make it worth it then it also becomes worth it for pirates. Judging by the ships i see just running larders you are going to regret getting what you asked for in this case. Bot issue aside and not considered.

as you just stated in your example fishing boats still get taken atleast when you DO get them in they arnt worthless

Hi All!

Unfortunately, as for now, no changes in fishing can be made. If we increase it, as a result, it will increase amount of bots fishing. That is a very easy way for them to get gold. Though we are doing our best to remove bots, there will always be some of them in the game. Buffing fishing will noticeably increase the amount of gold in the game due to it.

Let just remember we all talking about Sport Fishing and not (Small) Fishing. the difference here is that sport needs a investment of Gold (The fishing Boat) which btw is pumping gold back into the system for every alt/bot banned and i wouldn't be shock if there were more illage pine farms about for thunderstrucks to make the investment cheaper. As well the fishing day rewards aint worth the risk vs reward of fishing. in normal Archeage fishing boats is already a bull's eye for most on the sea.

And both types of player benefit from this as for the fishermen they can do what they love and fish cus its worth it.
Pirates get more content! sooner or later the alliances will take effect to protect or kill the fishermen thus pvp content.
There are a lot more pros than cons to this idea.
Things have got rather boring with just larders and packs.

I'll throw this out again... Freedich fish vendor should have a2.5 multiplier on it for fish turned in there. More action on freedich is a good thing and that fish turn in never gets used

Hi All!

Unfortunately, as for now, no changes in fishing can be made. If we increase it, as a result, it will increase amount of bots fishing. That is a very easy way for them to get gold.

The issue is with sport fishing, which is done on a special type of boat, and is pretty complex since you have to haul fish back in form of trade packs and such. Not with AFK shift-right click fishing that bots do. Read Shedza's post for details, this type of fishing requires a large investment, either single, or as part of a fishing group, in form of a fishing boat, and if you're making even a tiny little effort to ban bots (which AFAIK can't even perform this type of fishing that well) there will be no problem.

Has anyone actually seen a sport fishing bot in the wild, ever?

The issue is with sport fishing, which is done on a special type of boat, and is pretty complex since you have to haul fish back in form of trade packs and such. Not with AFK shift-right click fishing that bots do. Read Shedza's post for details, this type of fishing requires a large investment, either single, or as part of a fishing group, in form of a fishing boat, and if you're making even a tiny little effort to ban bots (which AFAIK can't even perform this type of fishing that well) there will be no problem.

Has anyone actually seen a sport fishing bot in the wild, ever?

@Sparkle I agree with the suggestion of players. Auto-Fishing by shift+right click option is indeed bot friendly, but we are mostly talking here about different aspect which is sport fishing. Since it is much too complicated and requires boat, pvp protection, and patience, for bots this would be far fetched solution as there are many other ways to earn gold via botting, as they are doing so with coinpurses or mining which does not require any complex actions or includes pvp, nor many investments.

@Sparkle I agree with the suggestion of players. Auto-Fishing by shift+right click option is indeed bot friendly, but we are mostly talking here about different aspect which is sport fishing. Since it is much too complicated and requires boat, pvp protection, and patience, for bots this would be far fetched solution as there are many other ways to earn gold via botting, as they are doing so with coinpurses or mining which does not require any complex actions or includes pvp, nor many investments.

Exactly this i wanna say, we really like to see another viable way to make money. Buff a fishing u can make a better PvP in the sea way to make another intercontinental fight. Pirate X Green, Green X Green, Red X Green.
I really want you guys think about it.

Bots are using bot programs. Having or not having Auto-Fishing will not change anything. Sea zone is too big and pvp protection will not actually work here. Though there are other ways of botting, this one is the easiest one. Even a small change in this area may have a very negative effect. Due to it, as it has already been said, no change in Fishing is planned in the near future.
Also, as it was mentioned, for fishing we also have the in game Event, for the players enjoying fishing and willing to get better rewards.

Hi All!

We're not talking about the automatic fishing done on lakes and rivers with bait worms.

We're talking about the act of going out, finding a fishing spot, chumming it, catching a fish, and carrying the fish pack back to a fish stand. I've never seen a bot be able to do all of these steps.

That is the shortest video I could find.

Sport fishing is different from normal fishing. It's much harder and very difficult to bot the entire process.

We're not talking about the automatic fishing done on lakes and rivers with bait worms.

We're talking about the act of going out, finding a fishing spot, chumming it, catching a fish, and carrying the fish pack back to a fish stand. I've never seen a bot be able to do all of these steps.

That is the shortest video I could find.

Sport fishing is different from normal fishing. It's much harder and very difficult to bot the entire process.
There are sport fishing bots.

There are sport fishing bots.

They summon a boat, stand on it, fish properly, sail back to base, turn the fish in, get back in the boat, return to the spot, and do it all over again?

Because if you're talking about teleporting fishing bots, that's more of a problem with the ability to teleport without being banned.

They summon a boat, stand on it, fish properly, sail back to base, turn the fish in, get back in the boat, return to the spot, and do it all over again?

Because if you're talking about teleporting fishing bots, that's more of a problem with the ability to teleport without being banned.
Yes, any repetitive task can be botted. Here you have a screenshot(i will not name the hack for obvious reasons):
archeage.png

Yes, any repetitive task can be botted. Here you have a screenshot(i will not name the hack for obvious reasons):
archeage.png

lol That looks like malware designed to keylog you.

Botting software that actually does something other than steal your identity requires more setup than clicking a button. And even then, there are certain aspects of fishing that they can't handle. A bot can detect what button it needs to press based on the behavior of the target, for instance, but it can't handle complex pathing on its own. It most certainly can't do all of the steps required to fish, turn in, and go back without teleporting around.

So I say again, teleporting is the primary issue.

lol That looks like malware designed to keylog you.

Botting software that actually does something other than steal your identity requires more setup than clicking a button. And even then, there are certain aspects of fishing that they can't handle. A bot can detect what button it needs to press based on the behavior of the target, for instance, but it can't handle complex pathing on its own. It most certainly can't do all of the steps required to fish, turn in, and go back without teleporting around.

So I say again, teleporting is the primary issue.
Dude did you play archeage when it was released? Bots can do that and much more,and that screenshot is from a working hack, believe it or not, you just had to pay, many people hacking have no programming knowledge so they buy the hacks from highly skilled people(people literally make a living selling hacks). Look at this reddit thread for a small sample of what bots are capable to do:
https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2jw59o/how_to_profit_in_archeage_with_minimum_effort/

Dude did you play archeage when it was released? bots can do that and much more,and that screenshot is from a working hack believe it or not you just had to pay

You aren't listening.

The first two screenshots are people talking about using a plugin for a popular botting software. This plugin does the fishing for you. It doesn't do the driving the boat, the storing the fish, the turning it in, or anything else. It will fish for you. You have to be there to monitor it. It says as much right there in the posts.

You still haven't provided proof of a bot that is capable of doing the entire process start to finish without teleporting around. And I'm not even sure if a bot with teleport could handle all of the steps involved without screwing it up most of the time. It would require summoning the boat in the right location, getting on the boat in the right location, being able to fish from that spot, fishing from the spot, and I guess desummoning the boat unless it teleports, turns in, and return teleports like a flash.

If you're worried about botting, there are already many areas of the game that have bots running loose that go unchecked. Should we remove everything that contains repetitive steps? I mean, that's basically ArcheAge. Repetitive steps.

You aren't listening.

The first two screenshots are people talking about using a plugin for a popular botting software. This plugin does the fishing for you. It doesn't do the driving the boat, the storing the fish, the turning it in, or anything else. It will fish for you. You have to be there to monitor it. It says as much right there in the posts.

You still haven't provided proof of a bot that is capable of doing the entire process start to finish without teleporting around. And I'm not even sure if a bot with teleport could handle all of the steps involved without screwing it up most of the time. It would require summoning the boat in the right location, getting on the boat in the right location, being able to fish from that spot, fishing from the spot, and I guess desummoning the boat unless it teleports, turns in, and return teleports like a flash.

If you're worried about botting, there are already many areas of the game that have bots running loose that go unchecked. Should we remove everything that contains repetitive steps? I mean, that's basically ArcheAge. Repetitive steps.

Like the admin did i'm just going to give up the discussion. Even if the bot wasn't fully automatic fishing bots can fuck up the archeage economy really fast.

Like the admin did i'm just going to give up the discussion. Even if the bot wasn't fully automatic fishing bots can fuck up the archeage economy really fast.

There are already bots and automation. Saying that fixing fishing to be in line with all of the other professions will destroy the economy because of botting is ludicrous. It destroys it no more than people running multi accounts and running double freighters (or getting double labor for free), people botting purses, people botting farming, and all of the rest of the things that are against the rules.

A fully automated bot does tremendously more damage than one you have to monitor, though. That's the comparison I'm describing. A fully automated fishing bot start to finish just throwing out gold is 100x worse than a bot that requires you to monitor it. That is why botting itself isn't as bad of a problem if it cannot run fully automated.

If you have to be there to monitor things, then that already limits a player to one or two bots running at the same time. It's also limited by the incapability of a human to go without food or sleep. With a fully automated bot, you can run 100 of them unchecked, inflating gold faster than the regular players can make it.

On the business side, it's bad for the server owner because these bots are capable of generating massive amounts of gold for sale, circumventing the cash shop. On the economy side, it inflates gold volume and you have runaway pricing. But those things happen over time with all of the botting already going on anyway.

I doubt anyone here is even talking about doubling the value of it, either. Fishing could be brought in line with other professions with a simple ~20% boost to prices or simply eliminating the extremely low value fish from the spawn chance.

But if that's too extreme of a change and will bring the sky falling down on us (it won't), I guess we're done here.

Back