FISHING PROBLEM.

We can save a FISHING ?

• MAKE A FISHING GREAT AGAIN.

Votes: 107 91.5%
  • No way, i hate this guys.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
@Sparkle
I think you have mistaken the auto fresh water fishing with what everyone is talking about, which requires a fishing boat that costs 250 gilda stars and 2 thunderstruck tree, I dont think any bot has access to all that and can safely bot in open waters with pirates and even greens out there pking everyone at sea.

Bots can easily do it. We know about it.

@Sparkle i say this things in the ticket:

Have 3 things to help the fishers.

1 ° - Fastest respawn fishing SPOT. (Today i can not found any spot for 45 minutes and 3 people helped the search in the North solzreed and the Halciona gulf and we can not found none). Sometimes we have 3-4 spots at same time, we fish 1 and another disapear and we lost a lot of time to find another.

2 ° - Remove pufferfish and Tuna. (It's a simple change, u can not change the fishing but it helps the fisher, it's very sad fishing 3 pufferfish)

3 ° - Change to green / blue / red and Chopped Mackerel from vocation to GOLD. (We can not find red lure and chopped to sell in the auction and when we find it is an abusive price).

It's a litle change but really can save the fisher life.

Pls think about this.

I'll agree that fishing needs a big buff. If it were to become the premier gold-making activity for most players in the game then the game would be much more fun and much healthier. It's the best that AA has to offer - it's PvE, it's PvP, it's risk vs. reward, it's content for pirates and for hired protection (mercenary) activities. It's a reason for groups to come together in a social way. None of the other gold-making activities in the game offer that kind of rewarding play, except maybe world bosses which are only available to very few.

Yes, the potential for botting is a problem. But right now those bots are farming coinpurses or auto-pathing/teleporting trade packs. Neither of those has the same barrier to entry that sport fishing does (a 250 gilda star boat + a constant stream of vocation badges for bait), or the auto-correcting factor of live players attacking dumb bots to steal their fish. It's also a much easier function for GM moderation - there are only a finite number of fishing spots active at any time, and it would be simple for a GM to spend 15 minutes randomly checking them and banning suspicious activity. Once banned, they need another 250 GS and lvl 52 to start back up again. It would be easy for the ArcheRage team to accept volunteer GM's to spend an hour a week patrolling for this stuff - I would do it happily. Compared to purse farming or trade-pack botting it's much easier to police.

Unfortunately for now fishing can not be buffed further as it would just be a sink hole for bots to swarm the ocean.

Unfortunately for now fishing can not be buffed further as it would just be a sink hole for bots to swarm the ocean.

Are they really swarming though? I've never, ever, seen a bot out at the ocean. And certainly never sport fishing.

Are they really swarming though? I've never, ever, seen a bot out at the ocean. And certainly never sport fishing.

There is a little amount of bots there right now as they have other, more valuable for them ways to gain profit, however with even a slight increase in fishing, it will become their best choice, so they will turn their attention to it.
It's much harder to notice and catch bots in the water though and much easier for them to hide due to the larger territories and some techniques.

There is a little amount of bots there right now as they have other, more valuable for them ways to gain profit, however with even a slight increase in fishing, it will become their best choice, so they will turn their attention to it.
It's much harder to notice and catch bots in the water though and much easier for them to hide due to the larger territories and some techniques.

Ah, okay. Well damn, I started sport fishing last night and rather like it, but even I think it could use a small buff. Bots ruin everything. T_T

As an avid fisherman myself, I rushed 180k fishing and a fishing boat, they currently rot on my account because it is not worth to fish.

Sport fishing would be very hard to bot due to the need of rods, lures, baits and a fishing boat.

We want sport fishing buffed, not afk auto fishing.

Please hear us out!

I say this a lot of times, who rlly like fishing and not have another way to make money are stoping here, but u guys can’t see this .

The private ideia is more fast things with a more easier things. But here u need make a 1 thing to make money, just this, don’t have another way, or make pack or quit game.

Guys,

Regular fishing will not be buffed, for sure. However, please give more details on your sport fishing ideas. If ideas are good we may take some of them and implement.
But we'll need to know what exactly is wrong, needs to be buffed, what are the exact changes you'd like to see.

Guys,

Regular fishing will not be buffed, for sure. However, please give more details on your sport fishing ideas. If ideas are good we may take some of them and implement.
But we'll need to know what exactly is wrong, needs to be buffed, what are the exact changes you'd like to see.

Vocation Badges Multiplier (Fishing Items Price Decrease):
I know a large portion of players who try to make money fishing and invest their time and money in a fishing boat and no longer use it because it isn't sustainable. I've seen a couple threads talking about increasing the price of gold that the fish yield upon turn-in, for me this isn't the issue. Fishing is an unreliable source of income since players aren't able to afford the vocation to chum the water and afford the expensive lures that they may not even yield a fish. Most players will find that running trade packs, farming, or even coin purse farming is a more efficient and consistent method of making gold on this server. I would recommend there be a price decrease in all fishing items that can be purchased from the vocation shop. This would be fair to add to the game since players are able to plant 100 labor worth in seeds and make from 15-20 gold with an investment of 2gold. While fishing costs an initial investment of 3200 vocation, and then a 20-200 vocation per fish obtained (difference being the rod you use). While you get from 8-12g average per fish which is 100 labor it also takes around 5g per fish to obtain.The decrease should make the fishing more sustainable by either making chum obtainable from crafting such as it is in 3.0 or the easier solution which would be to decrease the cost to obtain Chopped Mackerel.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is the RISK x GOLD, the same i say in the ticket and here.

To sport fish u need make a fishing boat, buy the fishing rod and to OPEN the spot u need chopped mackerel e to fish u need a red lure.

Chopped mackerel cost 25-35 gold if u have luck to find this on action.

Red lure cost 1-2 gold and u need luck to find.

This itens have a high vocation price, here vocation still 1x this make a irregular market price, because a lot of another things need the vocation.

Resume:
If u gonna fish ALONE, to open spot u pay a 30g for mackerel and use 6 red lure this cost 39g in the action house medium price. If fish just tuna and puffer fish the MAXIMUM u can take is 60 gold.

Look this, u need search a SPOT, open them and fish. In this time u have a big chance receive a GANK , u lose 1 hour, labbor and have the risk to make just 21 gold(or less).

Guys,

Here a ideas, if u don’t want change a gold amount(this can be better for us :D).

1 ° - Fastest respawn fishing SPOT. (Today i can not found any spot for 45 minutes and 3 people helped the search in the North solzreed and the Halciona gulf and we can not found none). Sometimes we have 3-4 spots at same time, we fish 1 and another disapear and we lost a lot of time to find another.

2 ° - Remove pufferfish and Tuna. (It's a simple change, u can not change the fishing but it helps the fisher, it's very sad fishing 3 pufferfish)

3 ° - Change to green / blue / red and Chopped Mackerel from vocation to GOLD. (We can not find red lure and chopped to sell in the auction and when we find it is an abusive price).

Vocation Badges Multiplier (Fishing Items Price Decrease):
I know a large portion of players who try to make money fishing and invest their time and money in a fishing boat and no longer use it because it isn't sustainable. I've seen a couple threads talking about increasing the price of gold that the fish yield upon turn-in, for me this isn't the issue. Fishing is an unreliable source of income since players aren't able to afford the vocation to chum the water and afford the expensive lures that they may not even yield a fish. Most players will find that running trade packs, farming, or even coin purse farming is a more efficient and consistent method of making gold on this server. I would recommend there be a price decrease in all fishing items that can be purchased from the vocation shop. This would be fair to add to the game since players are able to plant 100 labor worth in seeds and make from 15-20 gold with an investment of 2gold. While fishing costs an initial investment of 3200 vocation, and then a 20-200 vocation per fish obtained (difference being the rod you use). While you get from 8-12g average per fish which is 100 labor it also takes around 5g per fish to obtain.The decrease should make the fishing more sustainable by either making chum obtainable from crafting such as it is in 3.0 or the easier solution which would be to decrease the cost to obtain Chopped Mackerel.

I like this idea Bofur and moved it into the proper thread. This is something that can be done fairly easy. @Sparkle @IronLady your thoughts on this?

Small pufferfish give 6-8 gold
Medium pufferfish 7-9 gold
Small una 7-9 gold
Medium tuna - 8-11 gold.

Sturgeon is better, but still bad for us. 2.9 is a nerf patch to fishing, and here are worse than the other proficiencies.

I like this idea Bofur and moved it into the proper thread. This is something that can be done fairly easy. @Sparkle @IronLady your thoughts on this?

The things needed to buff sport fishing:

Lower the vocation costs on chopped mackeral and lures.

Remove pufferfish and bluefin tuna spawns from the game ----- or double the amount of gold made per fish.

With these changes, fishing would be revitalized and it would allow for the seas to be a lot more active, example: more fishing raids = more naval pvp.

@Sparkle @IronLady

You probably will not see any gold buffs or removal of fish, this will have a direct effect increasing bots as explained previously many times by admins. There is a chance however of reducing costs associated with fishing.

You probably will not see any gold buffs or removal of fish, this will have a direct effect increasing bots as explained previously many times by admins. There is a chance however of reducing costs associated with fishing.

Ariess, we are discussing sport fishing, bots will not invest into a fishing boat, 50k fishing prof to start making anything, the rods, and the very large risk of losing these due to pvp.

I have never in my 4 years of archeage seen someone bot sport fishing.

This is a poor reason.

Again we are discussing sport fishing gold increases to make it viable for players to enjoy fishing whilst profiting from it. We are not discussing afk auto fishing.

Back