What's new

FISHING PROBLEM.

We can save a FISHING ?

• MAKE A FISHING GREAT AGAIN.

Votes: 107 91.5%
  • No way, i hate this guys.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
There are already bots and automation. Saying that fixing fishing to be in line with all of the other professions will destroy the economy because of botting is ludicrous. It destroys it no more than people running multi accounts and running double freighters (or getting double labor for free), people botting purses, people botting farming, and all of the rest of the things that are against the rules.

A fully automated bot does tremendously more damage than one you have to monitor, though. That's the comparison I'm describing. A fully automated fishing bot start to finish just throwing out gold is 100x worse than a bot that requires you to monitor it. That is why botting itself isn't as bad of a problem if it cannot run fully automated.

If you have to be there to monitor things, then that already limits a player to one or two bots running at the same time. It's also limited by the incapability of a human to go without food or sleep. With a fully automated bot, you can run 100 of them unchecked, inflating gold faster than the regular players can make it.

On the business side, it's bad for the server owner because these bots are capable of generating massive amounts of gold for sale, circumventing the cash shop. On the economy side, it inflates gold volume and you have runaway pricing. But those things happen over time with all of the botting already going on anyway.

I doubt anyone here is even talking about doubling the value of it, either. Fishing could be brought in line with other professions with a simple ~20% boost to prices or simply eliminating the extremely low value fish from the spawn chance.

But if that's too extreme of a change and will bring the sky falling down on us (it won't), I guess we're done here.
I think you don't know what you're talking about, it is not possible to have multiple accounts in this private server, you get banned the moment you log with two different accounts with the same computer (or even network) even if it's not at the same time (alt accounts are not allowed). There's been couples who live in the same house that have to submit tickets to get whitelisted because the game detects it as alt acounts (even using diferent computers).
I too like sport fishing, but if the solution was that easy, admins would have already done something.

Last edited:
I think you don't know what you're talking about, it is not possible to have multiple accounts in this private server, you get banned the moment you log with two different accounts with the same computer (or even network) even if it's not at the same time (alt accounts are not allowed). There's been couples who live in the same house that have to submit tickets to get whitelisted because the game detects it as alt acounts (even using diferent computers).
I too like sport fishing, but if the solution was that easy, admins would have already done something.

It is 100% possible if you know what you're doing. Hardware IDs can be spoofed and using VPNs can change the IP address that the server sees when you connect. If you know what you're doing, you could theoretically run a dozen or more accounts simultaneously from the same hardware, assuming the hardware is strong enough.

No, I think you're the one here who doesn't know what you're talking about.

I'm not going to post further about it because I'm not teaching a class on how to break the rules, nor do I want the rules broken on account of anything I post here. But this stuff is common knowledge in IT communities. The chances are very high that people in the video gaming community are involved in IT in some form, so the chances of this happening here are extremely high. And the only way to really discover them is through deep investigation and observation of accounts. I don't know how much time the admins want to devote to that, but I'm betting it's not a lot.

Just be aware that games where RMT, gambling, and chance are core to the game, there's going to be a lot of cheating going on. If you don't believe there are people running several accounts even from the same machine without any problems, you're living in a dream land. If it's possible, people who can't win otherwise will do whatever it takes, no matter how dirty it is. That's just the nature of humans. People are, by and large, scummy as hell.

It is 100% possible if you know what you're doing. Hardware IDs can be spoofed and using VPNs can change the IP address that the server sees when you connect. If you know what you're doing, you could theoretically run a dozen or more accounts simultaneously from the same hardware, assuming the hardware is strong enough.

No, I think you're the one here who doesn't know what you're talking about.

I'm not going to post further about it because I'm not teaching a class on how to break the rules, nor do I want the rules broken on account of anything I post here. But this stuff is common knowledge in IT communities. The chances are very high that people in the video gaming community are involved in IT in some form, so the chances of this happening here are extremely high. And the only way to really discover them is through deep investigation and observation of accounts. I don't know how much time the admins want to devote to that, but I'm betting it's not a lot.

Just be aware that games where RMT, gambling, and chance are core to the game, there's going to be a lot of cheating going on. If you don't believe there are people running several accounts even from the same machine without any problems, you're living in a dream land. If it's possible, people who can't win otherwise will do whatever it takes, no matter how dirty it is. That's just the nature of humans. People are, by and large, scummy as hell.
Of course there's people running multiple accounts nothing regarding to cheating is "impossible". But the way you worded your post it came across as if everyone is doing it and there's no system in place to prevent it which is not true. Cheaters will always be a thing but there are ways to mitigate their effects such as banning alt accounts and restricting fishing.
And i'm going to explain why i think fishing hasn't been buffed by the admins yet. Fishing is a very easy way to make money, you just need a boat and you're good to go. I understand that there are bots for traderuns but there are "barriers" to do a traderun, you have to craft the packs so you need land and mats, then they take time to "mature" and then you have to load them in a cart then in a boat and cross the ocean. Fishing on the other hand is almost as profitable as trade runing but you don't have to own land to go fishing, you don't have to wait for anything you just fish and that's it, that's why it's very dangerous because the only "barrier" for fishing is the boat. Coinpurse farming is also boted but i don't think it's worth it for the labor per gold ratio and people end up pking the bots if they're in a popular area, bots are pretty obvious most of the time.

But fuck cheaters, if they didn't exist we could enjoy fishing and the game in generel much more.

Have bot on all proficiency, but just FISHING bot fuck the economy game. It's so ridiculous, i really don't wanna say more nothing.

Land bot, auto farm, and a lot of another thing, and the fishing bot fuck the economy. U are right.

I think you don't know what you're talking about, it is not possible to have multiple accounts in this private server

Of course there's people running multiple accounts nothing regarding to cheating is "impossible".

The only thing I can recommend for you at this point is for you to make up your mind. You said I didn't know what I was talking about, you said it was not possible, I told you how wrong you were, and you said it was possible. Again, I think you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I understand that there are bots for traderuns but there are "barriers" to do a traderun, you have to craft the packs so you need land and mats, then they take time to "mature" and then you have to load them in a cart then in a boat and cross the ocean.

A boat is not required for a teleporting trade bot. They craft regular packs, not larders, by buying the mats off of the AH. They then craft the pack. They then teleport all the way to the destination that yields the highest profit. Back and forth, all day long.

It doesn't require any kind of boat to bot in this manner. And as long as they move within the distance allowed by the server, they don't get autobanned.

Fishing, at least, requires you to bring some kind of boat to stand on. AFAIK, the bots aren't capable of fishing in midair. But it wouldn't surprise me.

The only thing I can recommend for you at this point is for you to make up your mind. You said I didn't know what I was talking about, you said it was not possible, I told you how wrong you were, and you said it was possible. Again, I think you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

A boat is not required for a teleporting trade bot. They craft regular packs, not larders, by buying the mats off of the AH. They then craft the pack. They then teleport all the way to the destination that yields the highest profit. Back and forth, all day long.

It doesn't require any kind of boat to bot in this manner. And as long as they move within the distance allowed by the server, they don't get autobanned.

Fishing, at least, requires you to bring some kind of boat to stand on. AFAIK, the bots aren't capable of fishing in midair. But it wouldn't surprise me.
I was clearly referring that having alt accounts without cheating is impossible but nvm i won't let you derail the discussion. Those tradepacks are not profitable, the packs that need aging in plots of land are the ones actually worth trading, no botter would loose his/her time in normal packs. Fishing has the potential to bring inflation and break the economy very easily, the labor/gold ratio of fishing (in the vanilla server) is a lot higher than using normal packs. If fishing is buffed, botters will teleport(but the owners of this private server check logs unlike trion and ban some of the teleporters) and sell the fish getting ridiculous ammounts of gold even more than they can get with whatever they're doing now. Again, if the solution was simple, the devs of this server would have already implemented it.

Whether or not Sport fishing can be botted doesn't have to be the issue. If it can be botted then they would certainly only be able to fish fresh water spots, the open ocean is too large and PVP is always enabled. The game already has the distinction between fresh water catches and ocean catches. Simply buffing the rewards for the fish produced in ocean waters would increase fishing rewards for legit players, add more targets for PvPers, and not generate an opportunity for the bots, at least that's my current thoughts.

I was clearly referring that having alt accounts without cheating is impossible

That's not what you said, but if you need to backtrack to feel better about it, I won't stand in your way.

Those tradepacks are not profitable, the packs that need aging in plots of land are the ones actually worth trading, no botter would loose his/her time in normal packs.

This makes me wonder if you've ever seen a trade bot before. If players run the regular non-larder packs by land slowly, why wouldn't it be profitable for a trade bot teleporting across the land to do so? Charcoal is around 2g/ea right now. A regular Gwen forest pack yields about 20 charcoal. 40g/pack. Assuming you bought everything for the packs, how is that still not profitable?

I've seen them do it on retail. The bot crafts the pack, then teleports away. I presume they teleport to the surface of the ocean which runs below the landmass because I've seen them teleporting across the surface of the water when I've been out in open ocean. They go about 20 meters at a time (to prevent autoban from teleport detection), teleporting about every second or two. They teleport across the map too fast for you to be able to attack, from the pack crafter all the way to the turn in.

This kind of teleporting cannot be stopped without a GM seeing it, by the way. The game server cannot autoban people traveling around 20 m/s because high mobility classes would be insta-banned when they get into pvp, some cases of riding in a car and lagging would be autobanned, and some other instances of legitimate gameplay. The server simply cannot tell the difference because it has to allow legitimate gameplay through without punishment.

This process doesn't require land. Doesn't require a boat. Doesn't require setup or gathering mats or anything else beyond visiting a general merchant and a mailbox. And can run in full automation.

I haven't seen them on ArcheRage yet, but we'll see. I haven't been in the open ocean as much because I'm still gearing up.

Fishing has the potential to bring inflation and break the economy very easily, the labor/gold ratio of fishing (in the vanilla server) is a lot higher than using normal packs. If fishing is buffed, botters will teleport(but the owners of this private server check logs unlike trion and ban some of the teleporters) and sell the fish getting ridiculous ammounts of gold even more than they can get with whatever they're doing now. Again, if the solution was simple, the devs of this server would have already implemented it.

Again, I ask for proof that a teleporting fishing bot is able to do the entire process from start to finish on full automation. If you can't do that, you don't have a point. The only way for this massive inflation you're describing to occur is for this to take place on a massive scale. That's not possible without a fully automated solution or a bunch of people running the bots.

Without teleporting, the fishing bot that handles just the sport fishing won't cause massive inflation. It is still bound by the rules of the game in that it must take just as long as a player would to bring a fish out of the water. The player must still be there to monitor, must still be there to handle driving the boat, and must still deal with being ganked on the water.

The solution is pretty simple, actually. Bring fishing in line with other professions. The other professions can be (and are) botted, as well, and generate far more income. This can be done by removing from the sea fish tables the terrible spawns so you don't have to fill your boat with 50g worth of fish in the same amount of time it takes a freighter to make double that much.

Let me ask you this: when have you ever seen a teleporting bot in game? It doesn't have to be a fishing one necessarily, but I'd like to hear about a fully automated fishing one if you've seen one. Or can find a video of it. Or can find any proof of its existence anywhere in the universe. Or does everyone on this forum find the first available strawman and prop it up to attack?

It's sad what happened here, we really love fish, but i discovered the problem of all bot on archeage is the fishing bot.

2 solutions to HELP us, no it's a great change but can help a dead proficiency.
1 - Fastest respawn fishing SPOT.
2 - Remove pufferfish and Tuna.

Another great change, maybe more easy that another. Change a green/blue/red and Chopped Mackerel from vocation to GOLD. Change like 3.0.

It's sad what happened here, we really love fish, but i discovered the problem of all bot on archeage is the fishing bot.

2 solutions to HELP us, no it's a great change but can help a dead proficiency.
1 - Fastest respawn fishing SPOT.
2 - Remove pufferfish and Tuna.
OR instead of removing them to add the possibility to exchange the small and the medium fish at the fish crane for ready to set fish larders that cost double the original gold price of the fish .In this option the bots will not be able to abuse higher gold from "JUST " fishing and the people who do fishing for main gold making profession will be able to make some good gold from bad catch by either selling them via AH or setting the larders on their own farm :)

OR instead of removing them to add the possibility to exchange the small and the medium fish at the fish crane for ready to set fish larders that cost double the original gold price of the fish .In this option the bots will not be able to abuse higher gold from "JUST " fishing and the people who do fishing for main gold making profession will be able to make some good gold from bad catch by either selling them via AH or setting the larders on their own farm :)

Disagree with adding larders to this. The whole point of fishing is not doing trade packs for money...

Disagree with adding larders to this. The whole point of fishing is not doing trade packs for money...
if u read mi post carefully u will notice that i say give the option to the fishermans to sell them on the auction house since its a product that can be used all across the map it will be always in demand and they dont have to do anything elese than exchange the small and medium fish for fish larder on the fishcrane and post them on the AH they will end up making money from their bad catch without personally lardering at all

Or does everyone on this forum find the first available strawman and prop it up to attack?
No... no, you nailed it right on the head there, actually.

Side note, appreciate you explaining that. I had no idea how botting works. I feel like I actually have an informed opinion now.

We pay 30 g for chopped mackerel, 1,5g for red lure and the sea risk to take 5 TUNA and make 45g.

XEaLfjW.jpg

I agree that even if it was buffed it was clearly not buffed enough. I stopped doing it because it simply isn't worth my time outside of event days.

@Sparkle
I think you have mistaken the auto fresh water fishing with what everyone is talking about, which requires a fishing boat that costs 250 gilda stars and 2 thunderstruck tree, I dont think any bot has access to all that and can safely bot in open waters with pirates and even greens out there pking everyone at sea.

Back