FISHING PROBLEM.

We can save a FISHING ?

• MAKE A FISHING GREAT AGAIN.

Votes: 107 91.5%
  • No way, i hate this guys.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
Hey Guys and Girls!

Could you please create a list of the fish that you think reward needs to be increased for? We'll need it like - fish / old sell price / new sell price.
That doesn't mean we'll increase all the fish rewards (there are plenty of fish :) ) but we may increase some.
Keep in mind, that's sport fishing only.

Could you just take the rng out of it and equalize all fish prices to what would be an average price or slightly higher than that. Still have small med and gargantuan but just have smalls worth x med worth your and gargantuan worth z

Im not much of a sport fisherman, can you please explain what are "Fry packs" ?

Sport fish come in three sizes. Fry, Regular and then Gargantuan. Fry give the least amount of gold and are not worth the time it takes to get them + not worth wasting a fishing lure on, which are not cheap.

Sport fish come in three sizes. Fry, Regular and then Gargantuan. Fry give the least amount of gold and are not worth the time it takes to get them + not worth wasting a fishing lure on, which are not cheap.

Allright, thanks on the info.

We need a change to make the TIMExRISKxGOLD are good. I don't know the chance, today u fish MORE Tuna and Pufferfish than the others.

I like think if increased 30% for the fish price, are a good chance and don't broken the economy:

upload_2018-2-7_2-12-34.png

The point is, u can fish just 2 37k fish. U need luck, with this price the max u can is 250 Gold WITH 5 MARLIN 30k and 2 MARLIN 37(THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE, in the archerage i never take a 37k Marlin). For the lowest u can make 45 gold with 5 PUFFERFISH,

With this price u can make 80-130 for boat on average.

Last edited:
It's hard to make specific recommendations without a lot of test data. I think, in general, sport fishing should be adjusted provide a gold return per hour of about 2.5x what farming coin purses does, offset by a higher labor cost.

So we've established that purse farming generates 200g/hr. average, at a cost of 4000 lp. I would like to see a sport fisherman with average proficiency (say ... 100k?) earn 500g./hr, at a labor cost of 6000 lp. That should drive almost every ArcheRage player out of the safe zones and into the seas. Some will be fishing, some will be robbing, others will be protecting/mercenary. The high labor cost keeps inflation in check, and makes it a risk/reward proposition. You could spend your daily labor allotment doing 2 hours of risky fishing, or 3 hours of safe purse farming. The fishing will pay better, in addition to taking less time (the main problem with it now).

What I don't know is what changes need to be made specifically to the gold and labor rates to get us from here to there. Is anyone familiar enough with the fishing system in this version to make recommendations to hit that 500g / hr. / 6000 lp ratio?

It's hard to make specific recommendations without a lot of test data. I think, in general, sport fishing should be adjusted provide a gold return per hour of about 2.5x what farming coin purses does, offset by a higher labor cost.

So we've established that purse farming generates 200g/hr. average, at a cost of 4000 lp. I would like to see a sport fisherman with average proficiency (say ... 100k?) earn 500g./hr, at a labor cost of 6000 lp. That should drive almost every ArcheRage player out of the safe zones and into the seas. Some will be fishing, some will be robbing, others will be protecting/mercenary. The high labor cost keeps inflation in check, and makes it a risk/reward proposition. You could spend your daily labor allotment doing 2 hours of risky fishing, or 3 hours of safe purse farming. The fishing will pay better, in addition to taking less time (the main problem with it now).

What I don't know is what changes need to be made specifically to the gold and labor rates to get us from here to there. Is anyone familiar enough with the fishing system in this version to make recommendations to hit that 500g / hr. / 6000 lp ratio?
I agree, purse u just need log on and go FARM, fish u spend a HOUR, need find spot take the fish and delivery. If u need left at this time u gonna lost u gold, if u receive gank u gonna lost gold, if u have a blackout o lost u gold.

With Halcyona(have a lot peace time) to Geownid u can make 162 gold in 20 minutes. This a SAFE in peace, from hellswamp u make 234 gold in a half hour.

We need this calculator, fishing have the same risk like a war pack.

We need a change to make the TIMExRISKxGOLD are good. I don't know the chance, today u fish MORE Tuna and Pufferfish than the others.

I like think if increased 30% for the fish price, are a good chance and don't broken the economy:

View attachment 1847

The point is, u can fish just 2 37k fish. U need luck, with this price the max u can is 250 Gold WITH 5 MARLIN 30k and 2 MARLIN 37(THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE, in the archerage i never take a 37k Marlin). For the lowest u can make 45 gold with 5 PUFFERFISH,

With this price u can make 80-130 for boat on average.
To explain the picture, The First is 18k FISH(fry pack), Second 30k FISH(Regular), Third FISH(gargantua) .

The first TODAY PRICES,
Another is CHANGE PRICES.

upload_2018-2-7_2-13-12.png

Last edited:
While I think Racream's ideas could be beneficial, I'd rather stick with buffing the low end of fishing to stabilize it rather than increasing the top end so much.

fishingchart.jpg

The top end doesn't need to be buffed as hard, in my opinion. Instead, the stronger buffs come at the bottom to normalize prices to a closer average.

With the adjusted prices, your minimum haul would be 50 gold if you only got terrible pufferfish and no gargs, and your best haul would be 198 if you had only blue marlins and 2 blue marlin gargs (which is next to impossible). Most people would get around 100-120g per boat, which is about in line with the amount of time you'd spend (around an hour if you fished twice for a full boat). That means most people would experience about a 200-240g per hour earning rate, boosting fishing up close to the pure-gold values of most other work.

Remember, we aren't trying to make this the best source of income in the game. We're trying to make it better than it is in comparison to other professions. People still need to be out running packs, farming purses, and so on at roughly the equivalent rates. Otherwise, everyone will have a bunch of gold from fishing and they won't be able to buy anything because everyone is out fishing.

We're trying to stabilize it so you don't feel like you're wasting your time with it, that it can be decently profitable.

If you do something like the changes I listed and make chums and lures cost half or less the vocation they are now (I'd recommend 1000 for chum and half-cost lures), I think you'd have a health industry. Not overpowered, not underpowered, just a profitable way to make money that isn't running packs or farming purses. And more fun in general.

While I think Racream's ideas could be beneficial, I'd rather stick with buffing the low end of fishing to stabilize it rather than increasing the top end so much.

View attachment 1858

The top end doesn't need to be buffed as hard, in my opinion. Instead, the stronger buffs come at the bottom to normalize prices to a closer average.

With the adjusted prices, your minimum haul would be 50 gold if you only got terrible pufferfish and no gargs, and your best haul would be 198 if you had only blue marlins and 2 blue marlin gargs (which is next to impossible). Most people would get around 100-120g per boat, which is about in line with the amount of time you'd spend (around an hour if you fished twice for a full boat). That means most people would experience about a 200-240g per hour earning rate, boosting fishing up close to the pure-gold values of most other work.

Remember, we aren't trying to make this the best source of income in the game. We're trying to make it better than it is in comparison to other professions. People still need to be out running packs, farming purses, and so on at roughly the equivalent rates. Otherwise, everyone will have a bunch of gold from fishing and they won't be able to buy anything because everyone is out fishing.

We're trying to stabilize it so you don't feel like you're wasting your time with it, that it can be decently profitable.

If you do something like the changes I listed and make chums and lures cost half or less the vocation they are now (I'd recommend 1000 for chum and half-cost lures), I think you'd have a health industry. Not overpowered, not underpowered, just a profitable way to make money that isn't running packs or farming purses. And more fun in general.

Thank you, I agree with you.

Our idea is not to fish better, we want it balanced.

Like u say, u change to this value and change the vocation price, make a better fishing.

Last edited:
Most people would get around 100-120g per boat, which is about in line with the amount of time you'd spend (around an hour if you fished twice for a full boat). That means most people would experience about a 200-240g per hour earning rate, boosting fishing up close to the pure-gold values of most other work.

Remember, we aren't trying to make this the best source of income in the game. We're trying to make it better than it is in comparison to other professions.

That isn't nearly good enough, in my opinion. Sport fishing (very risky) should be clearly better than purse farming (100% safe) in terms of gold per hour. I think 2.5x better should be the target.

I think sport fishing should absolutely become the "best" source of income in the game for most players. If most players were out on the sea to make their money instead of running packs / purses it would be a much better game. Like I said earlier in the thread, sport fishing is the best of what ArcheAge has to offer - PvE, PvP (small-team, not zerg), risk vs. reward, and community building. It needs to be encouraged and incentivized. The devs here have a unique opportunity here to make a better ArcheAge than XLGames did, and making sport-fishing the default way that most players earn gold is one way to accomplish that.

That isn't nearly good enough, in my opinion. Sport fishing (very risky) should be clearly better than purse farming (100% safe) in terms of gold per hour. I think 2.5x better should be the target.

I think sport fishing should absolutely become the "best" source of income in the game for most players. If most players were out on the sea to make their money instead of running packs / purses it would be a much better game. Like I said earlier in the thread, sport fishing is the best of what ArcheAge has to offer - PvE, PvP (small-team, not zerg), risk vs. reward, and community building. It needs to be encouraged and incentivized. The devs here have a unique opportunity here to make a better ArcheAge than XLGames did, and making sport-fishing the default way that most players earn gold is one way to accomplish that.

I'm asking for something that has a chance of happening. They'll never make fishing 2.5x better than any other profession, especially purse farming.

Purse farming isn't 100% risk free, not for the ones where you make the good money, either. A few of my friends use that as their only source of income and they fight plenty over purse farming spots.

Some people will never fish, no matter how good you make it. And you don't want everyone out fishing because it's the best way--by far--to generate income. Inflation goes up faster when there's nothing on the market to buy because everyone has to fish to make the best gold, so no one crafts anything else except for gear they personally need. Prices skyrocket and gear that is already hard to find for sale is impossible to get.

It should be brought in line with other professions and balanced, not turn ArcheAge into Fishing Simulator 2018.

Purse farming isn't 100% risk free, not for the ones where you make the good money, either. A few of my friends use that as their only source of income and they fight plenty over purse farming spots.

It's still 100% risk free. You don't lose the purses you've farmed, or even any honor, if another player attacks you.

Some people will never fish, no matter how good you make it. And you don't want everyone out fishing because it's the best way--by far--to generate income.

I disagree, respectfully. The game is healthiest and most engaging when most players make their gold through risky activities on the open ocean. Solo-oriented, zero-risk activities (purse-farming, pack-running) make the game a dull chore.

Inflation goes up faster when there's nothing on the market to buy because everyone has to fish to make the best gold, so no one crafts anything else except for gear they personally need. Prices skyrocket and gear that is already hard to find for sale is impossible to get.

Inflation is controlled by adjusting the labor costs for fishing. So you design the system so that a player can earn (made-up numbers) 1,000g / day from fishing, and it takes 2 hours, or a player can earn 1,000g / day from farming purses or running packs and it takes 6 hours. See what I'm saying? That's what I mean by fishing should be 2.5x better than those activities - in terms of time spent to convert all of your lp into gold. A single player can only generate so much "new" gold in the economy every day. Whether that gold comes from fishing, pack-running or opening purses - the economy doesn't care and there's no inflationary effect. The time and effort involved in each activity should reflect its riskiness. Sport fishing (again, not regular fishing) should be, far and away, the best gold per hour activity in the game for spending your daily allotment of labor points.

Last edited:
There are some changes in fishing coming with 3.0. The main efforts are put in 3.0 implementation right now so players could start playing it at the shortest time. We may still add some small changes prior it. Any updates will be provided in this thread or in updates section of the forum.

There are some changes in fishing coming with 3.0. The main efforts are put in 3.0 implementation right now so players could start playing it at the shortest time. We may still add some small changes prior it. Any updates will be provided in this thread or in updates section of the forum.
Thx, we really appreciate this. Who likes fishing has suffered and will suffer even more with 3.0.
Help us with these changes.

As you see the response from Sparkle there is some changes in 3.0 and some other small tweaks may come as well.

Back