What's new

FISHING PROBLEM.

We can save a FISHING ?

• MAKE A FISHING GREAT AGAIN.

Votes: 107 91.5%
  • No way, i hate this guys.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
@Luftgangster fishing is dependent on proficiency. You have 60k from 230k. That is less than 30% from top proficiency. You need to increase your fishing proficiency to increase your profits.

@Sparkle Ah ok. So you're saying this is my issue and not everyone else in the threads. Why would I continue with this if it's going to be garbage payouts, or are you stating that fishing at 230k makes more money than say larceny at 230k?

Are you stating that with 230k proficiency, RNG is better and that fish sell for more at the trader?

Last edited:
Since this topic is back up again I'll repeat my recommendation from earlier: The system should be designed so that a player can earn (made-up numbers) 1,000g / day from fishing, and it takes 2 hours, or a player can earn 1,000g / day from farming purses or running packs and it takes 6 hours. That's what I mean by fishing should be 2.5x better than those activities - in terms of time spent to convert all of your lp into gold. A single player can only generate so much "new" gold in the economy every day. Whether that gold comes from fishing, pack-running or opening purses - the economy doesn't care and there's no inflationary effect. The time and effort involved in each activity should reflect its riskiness. Sport fishing (again, not regular fishing) should be, far and away, the best gold per hour activity in the game for spending your daily allotment of labor points.

If everyone were fishing instead of running packs or farming purses Archeage would be a much better game. It creates content for pirates, a communal activity and a reason to socialize and share experiences with your guildmates. It's the best of what an open-world sandbox MMO has to offer. Retail Archeage let this great system die on the vine, this is something that this server could do better.

I had 230k of fishing on trion in 3.0, i did on average 150g - 240 per spot, but if the spot was too far from npc the average was around 75g - 120g, so I stopped fishing and made a pack house in rookborne where I traded from rookborne to austera using a B200 and made around 100g - 130g per run which was done in 15 minutes or 20 minutes if something happened.

The point is that each fishing spot took about 50 minutes to 1 hour to find it, fishing and trade all the fishs to the npc, while the run with B200 from rookborne to austera took about 15 minutes to 20 minutes, I don't know how this can be fair and I'm not even taking into account the lacerny that can give much more gold than this in less time.

I suggest a change in fish prices, about 2.5x the normal price like the guy said above.
We should remember that fishing is done in high seas where there are high risks of being stolen, so a 2.5x increase or even 3x in the price of fish would increase the number of fishers and pvp at sea. but this would lead to more fun and more gold circling in the game.

@edit The Fishing that i'm talking about is the Sport Fishing at High Seas, not the lake one, and not even the worm one.

fishing is pure gold produced from air, yes its bad but if u make it good we will end like trion sadly where ppl make 8k gold daily from fishing

fishing is pure gold produced from air, yes its bad but if u make it good we will end like trion sadly where ppl make 8k gold daily from fishing

Sorry, but that's nonsense. First of all, most every activity creates new gold - pack running, purses, dungeons, world bosses, etc. Fishing is no worse than any other gold-generating function. Inflation is controlled by the labor points system and by the various gold-sinks in the economy.

The best way to fix fishing is to increase the gold value of the fish by a factor of 3, and increase the labor points cost proportionally. The system should be designed so that a player can earn (made-up numbers) 1,000g / day from fishing, and it takes 2 hours, or a player can earn 1,000g / day from farming purses or running packs and it takes 6 hours.

Devs may increase fishing hole spawns in future but they won't be increasing the value of fish packs

Well that would certainly help. The time wasted cruising around looking for an active spot is a big part of why the gold / hour return from fishing is so bad compared to other activities

Devs may increase fishing hole spawns in future but they won't be increasing the value of fish packs

this would be an awesome change. fishing itself is fun and relaxing, the gold is just bonus to me. the hunting around forever and not finding a spot is annoying

I think increasing spawns would be a step in tge right direction but not enough. If you wont increase pack prices how about either increase the chances on better fish and/or decrease the time it takes to actually catch the fish. So much of the game crafting wise is sped up why not fishing?

I think increasing spawns would be a step in tge right direction but not enough. If you wont increase pack prices how about either increase the chances on better fish and/or decrease the time it takes to actually catch the fish. So much of the game crafting wise is sped up why not fishing?
Why not fishing? Because as it stands right now fishing is producing a lot of gold into the community. As I've said many times the dev's are closely watching this and have had a hard time understanding the complaints when they look at the data and see just how much gold is generated. The only thing they are talking about right now is to increase fishing spawns and even that is not decided yet as I've said they are considering it.

the dev's are closely watching this and have had a hard time understanding the complaints when they look at the data and see just how much gold is generated.

Compared to trade-pack gold generation and coinpurse gold generation? I would be shocked if those activities aren't at least one full order of magnitude greater in terms of total gold created on a daily basis. Is it possible that your data commingles gold generated from regular fishing with sport fishing?

That makes no sense. Sports fishing is the most time consuming and least labor efficient way of making money possible and its not safe. How you dont see a problem is baffling.

Back