What's new

FPS Problem after auroria lands please help

Ceix

Hello archerage team and ppl, i was playing perfectly fine at 50-60 FPS before the house and castle areas on auroria released, after that my fps went to shit, now im normally playing at 9 fps... and on events and wars its unplayable 2-5 FPS, i've done practically everything there is to do(deep search on google i even went to the 3 google page :), but for real i've done all to improve this, i've erased cache folder, set all values to min, to normal, to high it doesn't matter it stays the same, repair, reinstalled archerage, made a clean video card drivers install, change gpu 3D settings, max the performance, and energy on gpu, followed several guides and tweaks on gpu settings for game (yes, also kooncoon guide), reinstalled windows, re-reinstalled archeage, let archeage as the only game after a complete installation of windows and drivers.
i've tried a lot and now im coming to you guys to see if you can help this desperate soul, because its really hard to play 9 FPS and frozing every time i someone attack me, when i do tiger strike i teleport to the target and my camera its delayed 2-3 seconds for the lag...
what i member doing before all this happened was setting default player appearance and thats all, after that everything becomes as i said unplayable.

P.D.: also i've tested and stress tested my gpu and it works really fine and passed the test with flying colors, i've played other games, like ESO, Divinity original sin 2, warhammer total war 2 with graph at max for eso and divinity and normal for warhammer and it runs fine with no problem and no lag, so i dont think its the hardware plus previous auroria land i played perfectly.

please help and thanks for reading this rather long post

my GPU is a Nvidea Gefroce gtx 970 4gb, 8gb ram, core i5.

Hello
That is unfortunate, could had contacted us sooner to try and solve this.
Submit a ticket so that the tech team can look into it, and mention everything you said here in the ticket.

Have you tried playing on DirectX 9 ?
When your FPS gets low please alt-tab and try going "Windows Task Manager" by right clicking the taskbar and check if any other applications(processes) are leeching your memory as well as go to the performance to see if there is a bottleneck on either CPU or Memory power.
Post here for feedback and send the ticket anyhow.

No sure if you've tried this but go into "C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Documents\ArcheAge\USER" (no quotes) and delete the "shaders" folder.

Also if you see a "system.cfg" inside of "C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Documents\ArcheAge" delete that as well as that stores all of your in game settings.

Remember if you change it to DirectX 9, make sure that's the ONLY option you change, log out to character select and exit the game, boot it back up and then only after it's been changed into DirectX 9, should you change any of the other graphical settings otherwise it will cause your game to get stuck in a crash loop.

Hello
That is unfortunate, could had contacted us sooner to try and solve this.
Submit a ticket so that the tech team can look into it, and mention everything you said here in the ticket.

Have you tried playing on DirectX 9 ?
When your FPS gets low please alt-tab and try going "Windows Task Manager" by right clicking the taskbar and check if any other applications(processes) are leeching your memory as well as go to the performance to see if there is a bottleneck on either CPU or Memory power.
Post here for feedback and send the ticket anyhow.
thx for the ticket info ill do that right now, as for the DX9 indeed, im playing on dx 9 its the only good way to play archeage :) as i said i have a clean windows, driver installation the only game is archeage the other application is discord and thats all nothing more, as i said before i was playing perfectly fine before with the same hardware so i dont think its a bottleneck, and i checked and the memory usage is 3.65 gb - 4.5 gb(in events like MM) and processor usage is 12-34%.

No sure if you've tried this but go into "C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Documents\ArcheAge\USER" (no quotes) and delete the "shaders" folder.

Also if you see a "system.cfg" inside of "C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Documents\ArcheAge" delete that as well as that stores all of your in game settings.

Remember if you change it to DirectX 9, make sure that's the ONLY option you change, log out to character select and exit the game, boot it back up and then only after it's been changed into DirectX 9, should you change any of the other graphical settings otherwise it will cause your game to get stuck in a crash loop.
yeah ive try that multiple times, plus as i said before, i made a new clean windows and archeage installation, errasing all of them for good for the 10 time ahahahhah and yeah im on Dx 9

Have you tried old graphics card drivers? Perhaps there is a bug with the latest revisions and going back one or two will resolve this issue?

Have you tried old graphics card drivers? Perhaps there is a bug with the latest revisions and going back one or two will resolve this issue?
thx ill try that, with a clean install and reinstalling archeage just in case

Back