What's new

Game is slow on new computer - Fixed: Install on SSD

Winglord

So I got new computer, installed Archerage, and what the heck, this game is slow. Tthe loading scrolling text window was very SLOW. I mean like, go make coffee and drink half of it, slow. All my other games work great.
So I did a clean reinstall.
Seemed a little bit better at the initial Playscreen. But everything in game is still pausing/delaying. Open warehouse, pause. Port somewhere, slow load screen.
I've changed all the setting to low, only thing changes is I lose the character select screen when I back out, it's black.
Odd part is, literally all my other games work great. Which makes me think it's a file, or maybe Run As / compatibility issue.
Any suggestions?

Also, my scrolling hot bar, does not save when I exit the game. like it used it. Now when I log in, it starts with #1. Not what I used last.

Please make sure all your drivers are upto date.
As this is a new pc You're likely using the windows detected drivers and the installed windows version.
Update the to the most recent and see if this still occurs

Interest, Display adapters has 2:
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

So I am googling how to use only the Nvidia and/or disable the Intel.

Then you've plugged in the wrong video output. You've plugged your video cable into your motherboard and not your gpu.
the pc will automatically only use the device with connected outputs.

Then your laptop is already using the gpu and automatically disabled the apu video.
Referencing the issues you stated those are not gpu bottleneck issues.
From it your entire game is slow, which means the entire system is performing slowly. As such I suggest making sure you have all updated drivers

Thank, doing that now. I was just being lazy and trying to just PLAY GAMES!
Next update:2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4346783)

No improvement. Pretty much the same thing. Pauses when I open Inventory, storage chests, mail, etc. And my action bar resets every time I log into the game with the same character.

What local files are accessed for my character action bars, and when I open inventory or mailbox? Client side or Server side?
It seems like something client side is having trouble accessing a file, almost like Windows is trying to make sure it's safe to edit the file(s).

Last edited:
It seems similar to the old loading Hackshield slowness...but I do not think ArchRage uses Hackshield hsupdate.exe
I do not see that system.cfg file either

Last edited:
From your issue description, can assume that is your slow HDD issue. As your thread subject states, can confirm, that issue can be resolved by SSD installation.

Back